Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Must It Be In A Mortuary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Must It Be In A Mortuary? (28140 Views)

Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences / Mortuary Attendants, Other Workers Played Dead Man Prank On New Worker (video) / I Ran Into Trouble After Quitting Mortuary Job In The US – Oyekoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Ihateheadslamer: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
Bad advice tongue
Seagodess:
.. the incoming government will employ you in the military to eat agbado day and night grin grin
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by lolu2019: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
Health and safety management.apply for Hsc1,2,3. I graduated with B,SC Anatomy.And I have worked at ExxonMobil.u will work as Health and Safety experts in most multinational companies.mostly at construction sites.

4 Likes

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by dododawa1: 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
Seagodess:
.. the incoming government will employ you in the military to eat agbado day and night grin grin..very yeye president select.
stop stop,rest.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Clairevoyant: 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
i got this reply from chat GPT .i can not guarantee that it works for Nigeria but still lok into it
A degree in anatomy can open up a wide range of career opportunities in various fields related to health care, research, education, and more. Here are some potential career paths for individuals with a degree in anatomy:

Medical Practitioner: With additional education and training, you can become a medical doctor (MD) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO). As a physician, you can specialize in fields such as surgery, radiology, obstetrics and gynecology, or orthopedics, among others, and use your knowledge of anatomy to diagnose and treat patients.

Anatomist: You can work as an anatomist, conducting research and teaching anatomy in academic institutions, medical schools, or research institutions. Anatomists study the structure, function, and relationships of the human body, and may focus on areas such as gross anatomy, neuroanatomy, or histology.

Forensic Scientist: Your knowledge of anatomy can be valuable in forensic science, where you can work in areas such as forensic anthropology, forensic pathology, or forensic odontology. You may analyze skeletal remains, identify causes of death, or provide expert testimony in legal cases.

Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist: With additional education and training, you can become a physical therapist or occupational therapist, using your understanding of anatomy to help patients recover from injuries or manage chronic conditions.

Biomedical Researcher: You can work in research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, or other biomedical organizations, using your expertise in anatomy to conduct research on topics such as tissue engineering, drug development, or medical device design.

Health Educator: You can work in health education, developing and delivering educational programs to promote healthy behaviors, disease prevention, and overall wellness, using your knowledge of anatomy to explain how the body works and how to maintain good health.

Medical Illustrator: You can work as a medical illustrator, creating visual representations of anatomical structures for use in textbooks, medical journals, patient education materials, and other visual aids.

Medical Writer: You can work as a medical writer, creating written content such as articles, textbooks, or online resources that explain complex anatomical concepts to various audiences, including healthcare professionals, patients, and the general public.

Surgical Technologist: You can work as a surgical technologist, assisting surgeons during surgeries by preparing operating rooms, sterilizing equipment, and helping with surgical procedures, utilizing your knowledge of anatomy to assist in surgical procedures.

Medical Sales Representative: You can work as a medical sales representative, promoting and selling medical products, devices, or equipment to healthcare providers, utilizing your understanding of anatomy to explain how these products work and their benefits.

These are just some examples of potential career paths with a degree in anatomy. Depending on your interests and goals, there may be other opportunities in fields such as medical writing, medical illustration, or academia. It's important to research and explore different career options to find the best fit for your skills, interests, and goals. Networking, gaining relevant experience through internships or volunteer work, and continuing education can also help you advance in your chosen career path.

12 Likes

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by blacksam01: 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
in Nigeria that course i useless
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by OBTOREPA(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
He studied anatomy did his I.T in a mortuary, but he wants to know if it is necessary he works there after school?
What other places can he work? Please help a brother thank you.
Start from mortuary first.
Physiotherapy can go
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Asamota: 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
cool
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by emmaitive(m): 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oil company
😛

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by SirLakes: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You can work in a slaughter house I guess. Analyzing anatomy of stocks. Roundabout, shaki, bokoto, ogufe...
Wahala grin grin

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by lolu2019: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
blacksam01:
in Nigeria that course i useless
it is not.u are olodo.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by mexxy1(m): 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
Obaofaba:

If he doesn't know where to work, then, he's not a graduate.

You're very correct. He doesn't know or understand what Human Anatomy course is all about.

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by fayomim: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lecturer

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by isaiahethan: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
He studied anatomy did his I.T in a mortuary, but he wants to know if it is necessary he works there after school?

He can work in a bank or oil company with connection. In Nigeria what you study doesn't matter

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by stormborn28(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

Na still mortuary
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by CodeTemplar: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
SirLakes:

Wahala grin grin
or as a mortician investigating causes of death and determining sexes of corpse as part of criminal investigation.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by ednut1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
If you have 2.1 try bank or audit firms

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by lolu2019: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Obaofaba:

If he doesn't know where to work, then, he's not a graduate.
don't talk like that.exposure matters.u don't know where he is coming from.i didn't discovered myself until I got to ExxonMobil.i never knew with my Anatomy,I can work as an H,SC professional.

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by DPass: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

Medical research: You can work in research labs, universities, or pharmaceutical companies, conducting research on the human body's structure and function.

Healthcare: You can work as a medical illustrator, designing anatomical models, charts, and diagrams for educational purposes. You can also work as a medical writer, creating content for textbooks, journals, and online resources.

Forensic science: You can work with forensic investigators and pathologists, assisting in autopsies and identifying human remains.

Biotechnology: You can work in biotech companies, developing new medical devices and procedures based on a thorough understanding of the human anatomy.

Education: You can teach anatomy and related courses in schools, colleges, and universities.

Physical therapy: You can work with physical therapists to design and implement exercise programs for patients recovering from injuries or surgeries.

Sports medicine: You can work with athletes and sports teams, providing support and guidance on injury prevention, treatment, and recovery.

Medical sales: You can work for medical equipment or pharmaceutical companies, selling products and services related to anatomy and healthcare.

These are just a few examples, and there are many other career paths you can pursue with a degree in anatomy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by CodeTemplar: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
isaiahethan:

He can work in a bank or oil company with connection. In Nigeria what you study doesn't matter
religious studies grad in space agency comes to mind.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by diggindeep: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
Sanctuary
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Saao(m): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
You get mind oo, u go read mortuary for school. God forbid bad thing.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by CodeTemplar: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
DPass:

Medical research: You can work in research labs, universities, or pharmaceutical companies, conducting research on the human body's structure and function.

Healthcare: You can work as a medical illustrator, designing anatomical models, charts, and diagrams for educational purposes. You can also work as a medical writer, creating content for textbooks, journals, and online resources.

Forensic science: You can work with forensic investigators and pathologists, assisting in autopsies and identifying human remains.

Biotechnology: You can work in biotech companies, developing new medical devices and procedures based on a thorough understanding of the human anatomy.

Education: You can teach anatomy and related courses in schools, colleges, and universities.

Physical therapy: You can work with physical therapists to design and implement exercise programs for patients recovering from injuries or surgeries.

Sports medicine: You can work with athletes and sports teams, providing support and guidance on injury prevention, treatment, and recovery.

Medical sales: You can work for medical equipment or pharmaceutical companies, selling products and services related to anatomy and healthcare.

These are just a few examples, and there are many other career paths you can pursue with a degree in anatomy.
Best post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Tvoice: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2023
Las Las na still mautuary, I come in peace ✌️
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Samson1104(m): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
You do IT for mortuary now you no want work or open mortuary work... Lol
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by FireUpNow(m): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
yomi007k:
The best place for a human anatomist to work in nigeria is the mortuary. That's where we gained practical knowledge of anatomy as medical students working on cardava.

Let him start from there and when other opportunities open up then he can change.
I don't like the sound of cadaver
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Geesaintagape: 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Work as anotomy lecturer, hospital health assistance, as biology teacher in private school, self employed,

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by favour32(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
Money wey dey mortuary business nor be small.

2 Likes

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by LOVEGINO(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
cemetery grin
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by gbengaisu(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
As a graduate of anatomy, there are various career opportunities available beyond working in a mortuary. Some potential career paths for anatomy graduates include:

Academic or Research Institutions: Graduates of anatomy can work in universities, colleges, or research institutions as anatomy professors, lecturers, or researchers. They may be involved in teaching anatomy to medical, dental, or other healthcare students, conducting research on human anatomy, or contributing to academic publications.

Medical or Healthcare Institutions: Anatomy graduates can work in hospitals, clinics, or other healthcare settings as anatomists, medical illustrators, or anatomical consultants. They may assist in surgical procedures, create visual aids or educational materials related to anatomy, or provide expert advice on anatomical matters.

Forensic Science: Anatomy graduates can work in forensic science, assisting in the investigation of crime scenes and analyzing human remains. They may work with forensic pathologists, anthropologists, or other forensic experts to identify victims, determine causes of death, and provide expertise in anatomical aspects of forensic investigations.

Pharmaceutical or Biomedical Companies: Anatomy graduates can work in the pharmaceutical or biomedical industry, contributing to the development and testing of new drugs, medical devices, or surgical instruments. They may be involved in product research and development, quality assurance, or regulatory affairs, using their knowledge of anatomy to assess the safety and efficacy of medical products.

Rehabilitation or Prosthetics: Anatomy graduates can work in rehabilitation centers or prosthetic clinics, helping patients with physical disabilities or injuries to regain functional abilities. They may be involved in designing and fitting prosthetic devices, developing rehabilitation programs, or providing specialized anatomical expertise in patient care.

Health Education: Anatomy graduates can work in health education settings, such as health departments, community health organizations, or health promotion agencies. They may develop educational materials related to human anatomy, provide health education programs to the public, or contribute to public health campaigns with anatomical expertise.

Medical Writing or Medical Illustration: Anatomy graduates can work as medical writers or medical illustrators, creating educational materials, textbooks, or scientific publications related to anatomy. They may work for publishing companies, medical communication agencies, or educational institutions, using their anatomical knowledge to communicate complex medical information in a clear and understandable manner.

Museum or Exhibition Curators: Anatomy graduates can work in museums or exhibitions as curators or exhibit designers, creating displays or exhibitions related to human anatomy. They may be responsible for the curation, preservation, and interpretation of anatomical specimens, and may also engage in public outreach and education programs related to anatomy.

These are just a few examples of the many career opportunities available for graduates of anatomy beyond working in a mortuary. The specific job prospects may vary depending on the location, level of education, and experience of the individual graduate. It's important to research and explore various career options to find the best fit based on individual interests, skills, and career goals.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by OluwaEbuka1: 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2023
He should start work from the Mortuary first na before he can transcend to another role.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by lebron7(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
ManWater:

Some university courses in Nigeria have little or no relevance to our society and need to be scrapped.
Anatomy should be scrapped?
Lmao

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC / 3 Jobs You Should Never Make Careers / Mikano Retrenches Workers It Once Recalled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.