Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Must It Be In A Mortuary? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Must It Be In A Mortuary? (28145 Views)

Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences / Mortuary Attendants, Other Workers Played Dead Man Prank On New Worker (video) / I Ran Into Trouble After Quitting Mortuary Job In The US – Oyekoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by MechanicMike: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
He studied anatomy did his I.T in a mortuary, but he wants to know if it is necessary he works there after school?
What other places can he work? Please help a brother thank you.

angry
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by MechanicMike: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
He studied anatomy did his I.T in a mortuary, but he wants to know if it is necessary he works there after school?

BRO STOP LYING....WE NO ITS YOU...IF U LOOOKIN FOR WORK, ASK NICELY......ANYWAYS U CAN DO AFROBEATS!!!! (no oofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by backtovillage: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
Bontafa:

Where my mother was kept?
Don't disrespect your mother now.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by yomi007k(m): 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
FireUpNow:

I don't like the sound of cadaver

The sound is better.

The smell and sight is worse. grin
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Blake755: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
Draslo:
You can go to South America or East Europe and apply in Drug cartels. The usual have people they call 'cleaners'. After they have killed people in public, the cleaners will come in and do the needful to the cadaver before police shows up.

Na play I dey play o.
No be the same mortuary just dey play 😂😂
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by headofschool: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin grin grin grin nairalanders...I trust your comments, you no deh fall hand 🤣
I came to read comments

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by gare(f): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

Anatomy graduates can work in various fields such as:

Academia: Anatomy graduates can work as professors or lecturers at universities and colleges, teaching courses on anatomy, physiology, and related subjects.

Research: Anatomy graduates can work in research institutions, such as hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and medical research centers, where they can conduct research on human anatomy and physiology, disease processes, and new treatments.

Healthcare: Anatomy graduates can work in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, clinics, and medical laboratories, where they can assist medical professionals in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.

Forensic science: Anatomy graduates can work in forensic science, performing autopsies and other procedures to help determine the cause of death in criminal cases.

Biotechnology: Anatomy graduates can work in the biotechnology industry, where they can apply their knowledge of anatomy and physiology to develop new medical treatments and therapies.

Medical education: Anatomy graduates can work in medical education, developing educational materials and curricula for medical schools and other healthcare training programs.

Medical writing: Anatomy graduates can work as medical writers, producing content for medical journals, textbooks, and other publications.

Science communication: Anatomy graduates can work in science communication, helping to communicate complex scientific concepts to the public through various media, including social media, video, and print.

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Ezemeiyogu(m): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
Don't settle for employment with that degree, you will be frustrated.

Close your eyes and pursue second degree in medicine or nursing, I bet you will be happier graduating at 35 that depending on jobs that ur current course can offer you in present day Nigeria. That's if you re hell bent on making it through employment.

Otherwise, come out and put head for Business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by sammirano: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by yaki84: 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
Cemetary...
Or abbatoir...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Aurelius1(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
I'd rather study courses like sociology, Economics, French, Geography and regional planning than study Anatomy. Nigeria is not diversified enough to accommodate such fields.

2 Likes

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by FireUpNow(m): 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
yomi007k:

The sound is better.

Reminds me when I was in hospital for some years back. The patient near my bed in wars died in the night, in the morning I told my family that I am going home that I don't like this place. It's scary
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by VIKTO83(m): 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

He can work as a lecturer.
And I will love to add that he applied to study either Med. Surg or Pharmacy before one thing or the other pushed him into changing career.
However, I suggest if he has a good grade he can go bavk into medicine through Direct Entry and I bet u he will be one of the best surgeons of his generation.

Reach me through my digits let's talk.

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by metalgear11(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
Don't we have medical examiner's offices in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by phemmyfour: 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
And what is wrong with mortuary?
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Adenex3051(m): 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
If your friend did his IT in a mortuary, then he would understand how lucrative the mortuary business is. I lost my Mum in November 2021 and kept her remains in a mortuary for 2months+....it cost me over 200k in Ibadan.
It's not even a cold room mortuary type. It's the kind of mortuary where corpses are preserved with chemicals. The place is called Adejare Mortuary services. It's a family business now because all the children of the Baba who started it are now into mortuary business and I don't think they have degree in any medical line. I vividly recollect that we met the attendants attending to corpses when we got there. And each time we went there to check on her corpse you'll always them busy. It marvels me the number of people who die per second in Ibadan and the whole world at large. If your friend is not chicken livered...I will advise him to learn the business part of mortuary business and take up a career in it. Along the line he might go into academia and research. It's a lucrative business if we can call it that.

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by sulaak(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
You should first use google before wasting your time on Nairaland.

Anatomy is a brilliant degree and the foundation for so many professions. I like the Coroner and Chiropractor professions as they are top earners, especially Chiroprator and Oestopath. Well done. in your new career

Forensic scientist.
Police officer.
Medical sales representative.
Nurse.
Coroner.
Research scientist.
Paramedic.
Chiropractor.

https://uk.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/anatomy-careers
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Enemyofpeace: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
Let him work in the mortuary. There are lots of business opportunities there. Even ordinary water wey dem take bath dead body finish na big money, not to talk of body parts.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Asswipemod: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:

An abattoir will do.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by mankan2k7(m): 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
The truth is that Anatomist don't have a scheme of service in Nigeria except lecturing.
U will not even be employed in any hospital because you do not have any licence to practice rather histopathologists are employed in the mortuary.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by TONYE001(m): 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
dominique:
You can become a medical pathologist and carry out autopsies

How?
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by lolu2019: 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
mankan2k7:
The truth is that Anatomist don't have a scheme of service in Nigeria except lecturing.
U will not even be employed in any hospital because you do not have any licence to practice rather histopathologists are employed in the mortuary.
big lie.upgrade urself as an H,SC expert.u will work in multinational companies.anatomy is part of H,sc1 and 2.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Raph82(m): 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
Darnell9:
He can work in a lab studying rats.
That's not fair now, haba
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by ekesoft(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
For Nigeria even mortuary no work 😂 .

Make the person go learn bead making
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by 4realsexy: 7:08pm On Apr 17, 2023
Go slaughter
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by Unigrad: 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oluwashina72:
If he or she graduated with 2.1 or 1.1, he can do masters and go into lecturing. If he or she graduated with 2.2, he should do Masters and PhD to enter in lnto lecturing. If he or she graduated with a third class, he or she should do PgD in anatomy, masters and PhD, then venture into lecturing.
You can do MPH in public health and work in NGOs.
You can look for scholarship in USA university for Masters or PhD. You can get PhD admission in USA universities if you have good CGPA, write GRE and TOEFL, have good statement of purpose and 3 recommendation letters.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by PixelPlexus: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
advanceDNA:

The truth is medical scientist dont have too many options of places to work in nigeria... if he doesnt want hospital, its research or academics....

He can work in a bank though grin...since banks dont discriminate as long as he gat 2:1 and is less than 25 years old

Please what makes him a medical scientist, does he owns a license? Which professional body issues him, I just want to check something
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by lordprogress: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
Draslo:
You can go to South America or East Europe and apply in Drug cartels. The usual have people they call 'cleaners'. After they have killed people in public, the cleaners will come in and do the needful to the cadaver before police shows up.

Na play I dey play o.
We suppose arrest you like this. grin
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by SIMPLIFIED(m): 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
Most people saying Mortuary as a degrading response don't even know how difficult it will be to get that except maybe a private one that will pay him peanut. In Govt hospital mortuary, you have the pathologists, resident doctors in pathology, medical Laboratory Scientist( histopathology), morticians all performing different roles from autopsy to tissue processing, embalming etc.
Practical advise I will give him :
1) Risk it and go for DE in professional medical course like nursing, pharmacy, medicine etc. Forget the age he will still be the same age in five or six years time either with a Profesional degree added or still with hustling with the Anatomy degree.
2) If he graduates with 2:1 and below 27 years apply for any of the graduate entry positions in Banks they are all recruiting now to replace Japa people, Insurance firm, audit firm. They don't discriminate on degree.
3) find IVF centers, submit an application to intern there for a year , you can learn a lot on assisted Reproductive technology and get jobs in IVF hospitals and clinic.
4) Apply for medical sales rep position with pharmaceutical and Medical equipment companies.
5) Do a masters and take up lecturing position in school of health, nursing, university and proceed from there to PhD
6) If tech saavy enroll for tech programs such as Alx software engineering, Alt_school Africa software engineering and Data science program among others
Whatever part he choose, don't settle for teaching Biology in secondary school, he will remain trapped there with no progress

1 Like

Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by FireUpNow(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
yomi007k:

The sound is better.

So terrible
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Draslo:

Na play I dey play o.

Na assassins dem dey call cleaners Oga.
Re: Must It Be In A Mortuary? by mankan2k7(m): 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
lolu2019:
big lie.upgrade urself as an H,SC expert.u will work in multinational companies.anatomy is part of H,sc1 and 2.

Pls educate me on H, sci and 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Jobs You Should Never Make Careers / Mikano Retrenches Workers It Once Recalled / 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.