Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,009 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket (21546 Views)

Pictures From Accord Party's Kogi Central Tour / Peter Obi In Kogi For The Guber Campaign Flag-off Of Okeme Adejoh / Peter Obi Wins Labour Party Presidential Primary As Pat Utomi Steps Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by y2jacob1: 10:05am On Apr 17, 2023
A legal practitioner and prominent businessman, Barrister Adejo Okeme has won the Labour party governorship ticket for Kogi election.

Barrister Okeme polled 127 votes ahead of his closest rival, AVM Isaac Alfa who scored 69 votes at the primary held on Saturday in Lokoja, the state capital. Barrister Okeme is from Kogi East Senatorial district.

Prior to the commencement of the Election Barrister Okeme had told journalists that tackling unemployment and prompt salary payment would top the list of his priority projects if given the chance to become the governor of the state on January 27th 2024.

Okeme also said that his administration would not joke with the issue of security without which no business can thrive anywhere...

“I am a businessman and I know fully well that you need a conducive atmosphere for business to thrive and therefore, I will not joke with the issue of security.”

https://www.thenews-chronicle.com/legal-practitioner-okeme-wins-labour-partys-kogi-governorship-ticket/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Obinwenite(m): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2023
Nice one…

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Obidient4Tinubu(f): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2023
Igala vs Ebira vs Okun (Yoruba)

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by alsudan: 10:19am On Apr 17, 2023
Most likely the next Governor of Kogi State.

The Igala’s have the numbers to take back Kogi from the grasp of Yahaya Bello and Fat Ass Dino.

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by inoki247: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2023
Shey u get Yahya Madness type for madness....

Cos you go need to face his madness Kogi, Imo election go dey somehow na Wu mad pass go win....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by sexy74(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2023
alsudan:

The Igala’s have the numbers to take back Kogi from the grasp of Yahaya Bello and Fat Ass Dino.
Did they not have the numbers last time?
Politics in Nigeria is no more like that it is about who is a more dirty player.
Pray the best man wins.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by sonature1: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2023
Peter Obi needs to go and aggressively campaign for this man, if he's serious about building that party. Obviously, he's one of the most influential politicians in Nigeria today and can help make Labour Party a force to reckon with across the country.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by 9jahotblog: 11:08am On Apr 17, 2023
Dino Melaye will defeat this unpopular man in November 11th governorship election in Kogi State.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Okoroawusa: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2023
sonature1:
Peter Obi needs to go and aggressively campaign for this man, if he's serious about building that party. Obviously, he's one of the most influential politicians in Nigeria today and can help make Labour Party a force to reckon with across the country.
Peter Obi that can't save himself wants to save another person? So if a prophet told you that Labour Party will win governorship in Kogi you will believe abi?

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by dustmalik: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2023
alsudan:

You think Kogi is like Anambra where you follow Obi like Zombies, abi?

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by AdaojoTheUrchin: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2023
sonature1:

Peter Obi, does not need to waste his time. Kogi people do not have the mental fortitude to vote against the ruling party.

Na who dey run the centre dem dey mostly vote, even if na 'Goats and Cows People's Congress (GCPC)

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Saao(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2023
Obidient4Tinubu:
Igala vs ebira vs kabba
as it is, the igala guy may win the election. Populations of igala are higher than the other two tribes

10 Likes

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by mrvitalis(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2023
sonature1:
This my issue with Obi ....he is not a regular politician which is why I was praying for the LP/NNPP merger to work so kwankwaso can take over the political structure

Obi is just a technocrat that wants to work for the people

He would have insisted emeka inehdioa ran under labour with that take imo , sure Enugu would be won back through court labour should have

IMO
David Lyon should be offered labour tickets assap to win bayelsa
Kogi is in the right track he needs to do more

Labour who be sourcing for a good candidate for Edo right now .... someone popular ,young and vibrant

Obi sha

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by EeyanMayweather(m): 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
Saao:
as it is, the igala guy may win the election. Populations of igala are higher than the other two tribes
Clown
APC will win

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Blissful45(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2023
I wish him the best of Luck, but it would be difficult for him in Kogi. I had thought that Bello's deputy, ONOJA would be picked by Bello to succeed him.

7 Likes

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Madmohamed123: 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2023
9jahotblog:
Dino Melaye will defeat this unpopular man in November 11th governorship election in Kogi State.
that what make Nigeria useless and corrupt country what concern unpopular whit good government

1 Like

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Saao(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
EeyanMayweather:

Clown
APC will win
did you just called me names for commenting? I think you have character problem. Just reported you. Broke rule 2.

5 Likes

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
My own is for him to even abandon Nigerian politics and focus on his business cos Nigerians don't deserve him.
I want things to get to a level where politicians will teach us a lesson to the extent that everybody will carry Cutlass and be chasing politicians like thieves just like the French revolution and it's fast becoming a reality

However, on the other side, we still need people like OBi to continue stirring up hope in mostly young Nigerians that we can still take back this country. Obi is working well in that aspect and the results is unprecedented.

mrvitalis:

This my issue with Obi ....he is not a regular politician which is why I was praying for the LP/NNPP merger to work so kwankwaso can take over the political structure

Obi is just a technocrat that wants to work for the people

He would have insisted emeka inehdioa ran under labour with that take imo , sure Enugu would be won back through court labour should have

IMO
David Lyon should be offered labour tickets assap to win bayelsa
Kogi is in the right track he needs to do more

Labour who be sourcing for a good candidate for Edo right now .... someone popular ,young and vibrant

Obi sha

4 Likes

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by FalseProphet1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
I see him becoming the next governor of kogi state.

This I have seen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
May the best man that will prosper Kogi state win.

God bless Kogi State.

God bless Nigeria.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by ipobarecriminals: 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin make we sha nor hear STOLEN MANDATE after dem trounce am

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by bigdammyj: 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
Noted.
Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Omoawoke: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Wasted ticket

Firstorderwizard:
My own is for him to even abandon Nigerian politics and focus on his business cos Nigerians don't deserve him.
I want things to get to a level where politicians will teach us a lesson to the extent that everybody will carry Cutlass and be chasing politicians like thieves just like the French revolution and it's fast becoming a reality

However, on the other side, we still need people like OBi to continue stirring up hope in mostly young Nigerians that we can still take back this country. Obi is working well in that aspect and the results is unprecedented.

Bros wait ooo, no be the same Obi rule Anambra for 8 years with no achievement? I don’t really get this again oo, no be the same obi whey just comot from pdp. Where did this overnight messiah come from?

Omoh! I fear who no fear una

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by tolumizzy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ellup.....let take kogi pls.....we can't allow Dino baby to use kogi money to change his garage
Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by illuminutty: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Interesting...

Elluu P would win if the old corrupt drug pusher would not take his rigging machines of ballot box snatchers, thugs and corrupt INEC to steal the mandate of Kogi people.

3 Likes

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
Saao:
@the bolded,
This is a CONFIRMED information.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Offpoint1: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nhy
Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Rubyjade: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
cheesy
Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by iampeterben(m): 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
I see Dino clinching the seat of the Governor and when he entered the first one year, he used it to torment APC in Kogi and Federal level. He was Wike Pro Max.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejo Okeme Wins Labour Party’s Kogi Governorship Ticket by Shynessoverload: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
Omoawoke:
Wasted ticket

It could be the winning ticket, you never can tell

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Inspects Lay-By And Slip Road At Berger, Lagos / Photos From Ikedi Ohakim's 60th Birthday Celebration In Abuja / Nigeria Abstains, As 49 AU Members Sign Free Trade Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.