Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

How Are The Elderly Civil Pensioners Coping With PTAD "IAMALIVE" Registration? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Are The Elderly Civil Pensioners Coping With PTAD "IAMALIVE" Registration? (609 Views)

Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? / How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / PTAD Commences The Second Phase Of Parastatals Pensioner Verification Exercise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Are The Elderly Civil Pensioners Coping With PTAD "IAMALIVE" Registration? by jchioma: 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
The PTAD "IAMALIVE" solution is an online platform for pensioners to periodically confirm that they are alive so that they can continue to receive their monthly pension.

How can you be asking the already old, tired and worn-out pensioners to start going about and be looking for where they could register their "proof of life" status with such strenuous processes attached? Unless, of course the sole aim is to kill these hapless old men and women before their time; imagine, grandpapas and mamas running helter and scatter, looking for where they can be registered in their localities.

I don't see the rationale of asking that they register their proof of life statuses; capture their faces and download biometric capture software to take their fingerprints, when you don’t take into cognizance the peculiarity of people’s situation, location and conditions. I have received several calls from friends, colleagues and clients on how to go about the process. These are people who have been verified previously. How many 70-80years old citizens know or have access to the demanded facilities. Most cybercafés in town would have to get the requirements right in order to be able register a verified pensioner, if possible.

The process, as I understand it was meant to curb incessant journeys for physical verification, since physical visit to the pension offices has killed more pensioners and rendered many distraught and worse off than before (Read news), but is there no better way to consider the plight of these older citizens who have served the country in one capacity or the other and make the process simpler for them? Why make things more difficult for these old folks? It seems the IAMALIVE initiative is created to discourage /disenfranchise the pensioners rather than give them their due benefits, which is really nothing compared to the costs of living in present day Nigeria. Lack of 2k for drugs has killed many old pensioners. This is sad and bad! I sometimes wonder, Do these people have it at the back of their minds that they will be retired one day and go through or even worse treatments in future? I doubt! They may have “amassed” enough to last a thousand years than be bothered with what others pass through today.

How Are the Elderly Coping With PTAD "IAMALIVE" Registration in Nigeria?

PTAD, make una Pity Adults citizens nah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBZPv8c6kFE

Re: How Are The Elderly Civil Pensioners Coping With PTAD "IAMALIVE" Registration? by jchioma: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
PTAD – Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate
STEPS FOR THE “I AM ALIVE” CONFIRMATION
FACIAL CONFIRMATION
The Pensioner will log on to PTAD website: www.ptad.gov.ng using a smart phone/computer system, click on the “I AM ALIVE” icon at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
2. Start the “I Am Alive” confirmation process following the 2 steps validation process:
i. Enter your pensioners number;
ii. Enter your Bank account number.
3. Take your photo (it will be validated with the existing picture in the PTAD database).
4. Perform the aliveness check by moving your face to follow the moving object on the screen.
5. When the aliveness check is completed, confirmation page will display “Successful”
6. The pensioner will receive an SMS notification of the successful completion of the process.
FINGERPRINT CONFIRMATION
1. The pensioner will need to access a computer system with finger print device for finger print capturing.
2. Ensure that .NET Framework Runtime4.7.2 and .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.7 are installed on the Computer.
3. Click here to download the I AM ALIVE SETUP Folder. Extract all files and install on your Computer One after the other .
4. After a successful installation of the ‘I AM ALIVE’ Confirmation desktop application, double click on the application icon on the desktop to launch the application.
5. Start the “I Am Alive” confirmation process following the 2 steps validation process:
i. Enter your pensioners number;
ii. Enter your Bank account number.
6. Do the finger print validation by placing any of your finger on the finger print device for capturing.
8. If the finger print is successfully captured, it will display a “Success” message box.
9. When the aliveness check is completed, the pensioner will receive an SMS notification of the successful completion
Re: How Are The Elderly Civil Pensioners Coping With PTAD "IAMALIVE" Registration? by charlisco(m): 12:48am On Jul 21, 2023
I found this website useful
How to register pictorial step by step

(1) (Reply)

What Shold I Do / How Many Political Science Graduates Are Here: Identify Please / Rima Awards And Rimaw 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.