Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched (30693 Views)

Tecno Launches Spark Go Plus With 4,000mah Battery, Helio A22 Soc / Youtube Go App Officially Launched In Nigeria To Help You Save Data. / Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by nnamdi640: 12:06am On Apr 18, 2023
Apple, don get plan, I pity those that will put their money there, before you know it, they will claim that hackers hacked into the account and stole everything.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by Teymanhenry(f): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2023
Scam. It's impossible for Apple to give 4.5% interest monthly except they'll attach a strict condition for withdrawal
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by africandollar: 6:43am On Apr 18, 2023
Nigga you forgot to mention that this service is only available to US residents! angry

1 Like

Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by suyamasta(m): 7:10am On Apr 18, 2023
Teymanhenry:
Scam. It's impossible for Apple to give 4.5% interest monthly except they'll attach a strict condition for withdrawal
The 4.5% interest is not monthly but for a year.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by amazingspiderma: 7:19am On Apr 18, 2023
These mobile platforms along will make bricks and mortar commercial banks go extinct.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by saxby(f): 7:24am On Apr 18, 2023
Hmmm, smartphone company don launch account? Wetin we no go see? Me make I just dey here they flex my oraimo freepod 4 with better music jarey, this one na news wey concern those wey get iphone. grin

Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by illuminutty: 7:38am On Apr 18, 2023
Is it available in Nigeria? I use iPhone 13PM and can't find this app on the phone?
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by bazoodo: 7:50am On Apr 18, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
guy believe it or not digital technology is gradually taking over everything we now have oneline schools, we have this smart chat gpt apps that can give you very accurate responses. Although some are already in existence, they are eventually going to be more accurate medical apps which can give responses, diagnosis, evaluation and medical report so accurately that they might be authorised by medical association's to treat patients just the same way we have online schools where students can get real degrees which they can use to find jobs. The med apps might even be sued to order temporary hospital SUV's for patients who don't wanna leave their homes and can afford to order one which comes with a medical practitioners. As for the military, yes I know that one might be a bit of a stretch, but if you think about it, certain country is my just give up wasting billions of important money on military and just decide to hire a nearby countries military if they are willing to make that agreement. Because truth is nowadays many countries (especially African) are not fighting and military equipment is usually girls group degraded before they get to fight the foreign enemy. I know someone who all these things might sound like a stretch now but some of the technology we have today also sounded like that sometime ago. So Gai if you think deeply you understand why I said it is a big deal and it's my take over everything sooner or later.
u just wrote thrash here. Physical hospitals and schools especially primary and secondary schools will always be needed
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by sonnie10: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Salowise:
What's 4% per annum

I receive 0.7% interest every month from my bank (a Nigerian bank) which is approximately 8.4% annually, you'll receive 15% interest per annum if you save with owealth a subsidiary of opay.
@ salowise, it is not wise.
Let’s do some reality check maths
Option A
If you had deposited #560k ($1000) in you Nigeria bank account as at Jan 2022, in Jan 2023 you will receive #560 plus #44800 (8% interest ) = #604,800
Option B
Same Jan 2022, if you deposited the same $1000 in savings account with 4% interest rate, you would receive $1040 in Jan 2023.

The lowest dollar had exchanged in the parallel market at anytime this year is $1 to #730.

Therefore option B would give you minimum of $1040 x 730 = approx #760k
Almost #155k higher than your preferred option.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by Bebem(m): 8:01am On Apr 18, 2023
Aust1n:
Wow! It’s great but it should be increased 4.15% per annum is small compare to other platforms.. they can do better

Do you mind to educate us on other platforms with better interest rates?
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by Chetas81(m): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2023
Aust1n:
Wow! It’s great but it should be increased 4.15% per annum is small compare to other platforms.. they can do better
not for Nigeria where apple 🍎 have no physical store
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by Obamaxxx(m): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2023
https://videofunds.buzz/4697805612965293/ sign up to get a 10 US Dollar newcomer bonus! I made more than 200 US Dollars by watching the video here, so you can try it.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by briggson07(m): 10:52am On Apr 18, 2023
Odetokun3:
I no understand

I hate English it's just too difficult to understand.

1 Like

Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonnie10:

Option A
If you had deposited #560k ($1000) in you Nigeria bank account as at Jan 2022, in Jan 2023 you will receive #560 plus #44800 (8% interest ) = #604,800
Option B
Same Jan 2022, if you deposited the same $1000 in savings account with 4% interest rate, you would receive $1040 in Jan 2023.

The lowest dollar had exchanged in the parallel market at anytime this year is $1 to #730.

You're wise by half.

When you made the comparison you converted the whole money in the case of dollars which is wrong.

You should have converted only the interest and compare it with the first example.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by sonnie10: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

You're wise by half.

When you made the comparison you converted the whole money in the case of dollars which is wrong.

You should have converted only the interest and compare it with the first example.
Your position would have made sense, if after depositing the principal, it still became available for him to use.

Don’t worry, he will know the difference when he needs to buy an item worth like #800k
This is funny. So if you buy a young hen and it grows and lays eggs.
When you sell everything, won’t you profit from the now bigger hen and eggs?
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonnie10:

Your position would have made sense, if after depositing the principal, it still became available for him to use.

Don’t worry, he will know the difference when he needs to buy an item worth like #800k
This is funny. So if you buy a young hen and it grows and lays eggs.
When you sell everything, won’t you profit from the now bigger hen and eggs?

You don't get...

You used $1000 as the principal in USA dollar but used #600000 as the principal in Nigerian naira.

When it is time to convert to naira, you used #730/dollar which will give a higher amount than that of naira principal.

You should have used #600/dollar because #600000 and $1000 are not the same amount of principal using your conversion rate of #730/dollar and that will make $1000 give more profit, since you're converting it at higher rate. .
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by sonnie10: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

You don't get...

You used $1000 as the principal in USA dollar but used #600000 as the principal in Nigerian naira.

When it is time to convert to naira, you used #730/dollar which will give a higher amount than that of naira principal.

You should have used #600/dollar because #600000 and $1000 are not the same amount of principal using your conversion rate of #730/dollar and that will make $1000 give more profit, since you're converting it at higher rate. .
Your first line did not factor the fact that I said the principle was calculated based on 2022 exchange rate.
That is why I started with an opening statement “reality check maths”
Remember that the main idea for seeking an interest yielding savings account is to beat inflation.
In an ideal situation where there is no inflation, your suggestion would be valid.
But the fact is, the dollar has always appreciated over the naira for decades. Do the same things now with option of #730k in Nigeria banks deposit and another option of $1000 in foreign deposit, come back in 2024 and will continue this conversation.
There is a reason why Dangote”s position in Forbes dropped. The unofficial devaluation of naira.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by Salowise: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
sonnie10:

Option A
Option B

If you're saving $1000 and you receive 4% interest rate which is $40, when converted to naira with an exchange rate of 730 you'll have 29,200 as your interest in naira.

Saving same amount in naira which is 730,000 and you receive an interest rate of 8% which is worth 58,400 in one year.

Bro, you can see the difference for yourself, besides dollars is already on the high side, see I'm not a supporter of Tinubu but i believe he's far better than Buhari, expect the naira to appreciate when he gets into power.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2023
sonnie10:

Your first line did not factor the fact that I said the principle was calculated based on 2022 exchange rate.
That is why I started with an opening statement “reality check maths”
Remember that the main idea for seeking an interest yielding savings account is to beat inflation.
In an ideal situation where there is no inflation, your suggestion would be valid.
But the fact is, the dollar has always appreciated over the naira for decades. Do the same things now with option of #730k in Nigeria banks deposit and another option of $1000 in foreign deposit, come back in 2024 and will continue this conversation.
There is a reason why Dangote”s position in Forbes dropped. The unofficial devaluation of naira.

I am not arguing whether there is inflation in Nigeria or not, inflation also exist in the US but that is not the point of our discussion.

My point is use the same exchange rate, simple.
You can't use 600 for one and 730 for the other and expect to get a valid or clear calculation, with the same exchange rate that of Nigerian bank will be higher.
I'm just telling you to use the same rate.

I hope you know, if we are to go with the official rate of 430 something or so sef, that of Nigerian bank will be more ideal even if we consider inflation?

Nigerian system is just messed up, honestly.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by sonnie10: 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Salowise:

If you're saving $1000 and you receive 4% interest rate which is $40, when converted to naira with an exchange rate of 730 you'll have 29,200 as your interest in naira

Saving same amount in naira which is 730,000 and you receive an interest rate of 8% which is worth 58,400 in one year.

Bro, you can see the difference for yourself, besides dollars is already on the high side, see I'm not a supporter of Tinubu but i believe he's far better than Buhari, expect the naira to appreciate when he gets into power.
Your explanation is not the whole picture. It Would have been if, speaking hypothetically, interests and in fact the principal were paid at the time of deposit, But we both know that is not how it works.
Simply put, my point is if you and a friend do those different transactions today April 2023, it is most certain that at maturity in April 2024, that friend would have more money in his pocket than you would considering inflation and exchange rate.
Re: Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched by Teymanhenry(f): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
suyamasta:
The 4.5% interest is not monthly but for a year.
Then that's quite reasonable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Night Plan Now 25 Naira For 250mb / WhatsApp Now Allows Two Accounts On The Same Phone / Apple To Release iPhone 13 In September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.