Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. (4382 Views)

INEC Declares Adamawa Governorship Election Inconclusive / Fintiri Defeats Binani In Adamawa Governorship Election / Tinubu 'Sacks' Sen Binani As Campaign Coordinator For Adamawa After She Resigned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by BafanaBafana: 10:02am On Apr 18, 2023
In 2014, Murtala Nyako, a fulani was the governor of Adamawa state. He got into trouble with Goodluck Jonathan over his incessant critcisms of the president’s lackadaisical attitude towards the book haram insurgence and Jonathan orchestrated his impeachment. Both he and his deputy were impeached in July 2014 and the speaker, Ahmadu Fintiri, a Marghi, became acting governor. Fintiri immediately won the hearts of Adamawa people by clearing all salary arrears owed to civil servants and this earned him the nickname “ATM”. Fintiri also embarked on road construction all over the state.

By-elections were scheduled for October 2014 and Fintiri got into the race and clinched the PDP thicket. This did not go down well with the Fulani oligarchy. A move was made to disqualify Fintiri on the grounds that he was not eligible to contest and was only meant to “act” until the next governor emerged. This wasn’t going to work out so the impeached deputy governor, Bala Ngilari, same tribe with Fintiri was reinstated as governor on the grounds that he was wrongly impeached. The governorship by-elections were cancelled.

2015, general elections came, Bala Ngilari didn’t contest for governorship (Maybe their agreement). Fintiri got into the race again, he was leading in the PDP primaries and the process was halted and moved to Abuja where Nuhu Ribadu, a Fulani, was announced the winner even before the delegates from Yola got to Abuja. He was not popular enough to be governor and PDP lost. Umar Jibrilla Bindow of APC, non-fulani from Mubi, became governor.

2019 general elections: Fintiri contested and clinched the PDP ticket. Power was however with the APC, Halilu Ahmed, Fulani and brother to Aisha Buhari was in the race. All attempts to deny the incumbent Bindow the ticket in favour of Halilu failed and Bindow emerged APC flagbearer. This caused a fracas between Aisha Buhari and Oshiomole. Aziz Nyako, son of Murtala Nyako emerged as the ADC governorship candidate and got the Fulani votes. This was to the detriment of Bindow whom as my friend told me would have gotten Fulani votes even though they don’t like him. Fintiri won and became governor. I must add that he has been the best performing governor since the creation of Adamawa state. Nobody can deny this!

Now 2023, the Fulani Oligarchy are set to take the governorship seat by all means. Hook and crook. Binani is a Fulani woman, she is their candidate. Along religious lines, she is also the preferred muslim candidate.

PS: there are over 70 tribes in Adamawa state and Fulanis are found in almost every local government. The Lamido Adamawa is also regarded as the tribal leader of the Fulani people and boasts of his kingdom extending to Cameroon.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Moh247: 10:06am On Apr 18, 2023
Intresting

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 18, 2023
Binani should be announced the winner already, they are just hell bent on denying her victory

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by BafanaBafana: 10:11am On Apr 18, 2023
Esortigress:
Binani should be announced the winner already, they are just hell bent on denying her victory
Funny

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Akanbiedu(m): 10:12am On Apr 18, 2023
Politics is local

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by yinkus6750(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2023
They don't care about Fintiris performance.
All they want is tribalism in the forefront against good governance.
Main reason the country is still backward in 20th century

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2023
It is not true that Fulani are found in every 21 LGAs of Adamawa state..
No trace of Fulani in Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Michika, Madagali (Fintiri's LG), Guyuk and some others.

It is true though that Fintiri has been the best governor since the state was created.

Sen. Abbo, a Fulani wannabe will regret his actions of backing Binani against his brother Fintiri..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2023
yinkus6750:
You are right..
Also they don't like him for the fact that he doesn't share money through SAs like Nyako did during his time..

12 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by BafanaBafana: 10:37am On Apr 18, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
No trace of Fulani in Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Michika, Madagali (Fintiri's LG), Guyuk and some others.

It is true though that Fintiri has been the best governor since the state was created.

Sen. Abbo, a Fulani wannabe will regret his actions of backing Binani against his brother Fintiri..
I have been to every lg in adamawa except Madagali. I met fulanis everywhere.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Emco1: 10:37am On Apr 18, 2023
Fulani in almost every local government 🥺 that's what they wanted with the Ruger. Thank God the south spoke in one voice this time, we would have had Fulanis in all the state as indigenous people.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2023
BafanaBafana:

Yes, you will meet them as residents, just like you will see them in Ezeagu or in Ijebode.. But not as indigenes..

19 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by slivertongue: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2023
How does this help her?
Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Mayydayy(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
You see tribalism ee,it will be the final demise of this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by blueghost(m): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
Interesting analysis

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by sageb: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
BafanaBafana:
In 2014, Murtala Nyako, a fulani was the governor of Adamawa state. He got into trouble with Goodluck Jonathan over his incessant critcisms of the president’s lackadaisical attitude towards the book haram insurgence and Jonathan orchestrated his impeachment. Both he and his deputy were impeached in July 2014 and the speaker, Ahmadu Fintiri, a Marghi, became acting governor. Fintiri immediately won the hearts of Adamawa people by clearing all salary arrears owed to civil servants and this earned him the nickname “ATM”. Fintiri also embarked on road construction all over the state.

By-elections were scheduled for October 2014 and Fintiri got into the race and clinched the PDP thicket. This did not go down well with the Fulani oligarchy. A move was made to disqualify Fintiri on the grounds that he was not eligible to contest and was only meant to “act” until the next governor emerged. This wasn’t going to work out so the impeached deputy governor, Bala Ngilari, same tribe with Fintiri was reinstated as governor on the grounds that he was wrongly impeached. The governorship by-elections were cancelled.
2015, general elections came, Bala Ngilari didn’t contest for governorship (Maybe their agreement). Fintiri got into the race again, he was leading in the PDP primaries and the process was halted and moved to Abuja where Nuhu Ribadu, a Fulani, was announced the winner even before the delegates from Yola got to Abuja. He was not popular enough to be governor and PDP lost. Umar Jibrilla Bindow, non-fulani from Mubi, became governor.

2019 general elections: Fintiri contested and clinched the PDP ticket. Power was however with the APC, Halilu Ahmed, Fulani and brother to Aisha Buhari was in the race. All attempts to deny Bindow the ticket in favour of Halilu failed and Bindow emerged APC flagbearer. This caused a fracas between Aisha Buhari and Oshiomole. Aziz Nyako, son of Murtala Nyako emerged as the ADC governorship candidate and got all the Fulani votes. This was to the detriment of Bindow whom as my friend told me would have gotten Fulani votes even though they don’t like him. Fintiri won and became governor. I must add that he has been the best performing governor since the creation of Adamawa state. Nobody can deny this!

Now 2023, the Fulani Oligarchy are set to take the governorship seat by all means. Hook and crook. Binani is a Fulani woman, she is their candidate. Along religious lines, she is also the preferred muslim candidate.

PS: there are over 70 tribes in Adamawa state and Fulanis are found in almost every local government. The Lamido Adamawa is also regarded as the tribal leader of the Fulani people and boasts of his kingdom extending to Cameroon.

Fintiri is winning this one
Fintiri 4+4

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Pat081: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2023
Esortigress:
Binani should be announced the winner already, they are just hell-bent on denying her victory
what useless victory is that, is that how they do it or you think is lmo state that number 4 become 1st

5 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Softmirror: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
CAN SOMEONE ALSO DO AN ANALISIS OUTSIDE OF TRIBE BUT BASED ON THE FACT THAT LIKE TARABA STATE WHICH ALSO ALMOST HAD A FEMALE AS A GOVERNOR BUT DID NOT BECOME A REALITY IS VERY MUCH WHAT IS PLAYING OUT HERE BUILT ON THE SENTIMENTAL NOTION OF A DO OR DIE 'FIRST FEMALE' GOVERNOR? ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE?
Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by odinga1of: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
BafanaBafana:

2015, general elections came, Bala Ngilari didn’t contest for governorship (Maybe their agreement). Fintiri got into the race again, he was leading in the PDP primaries and the process was halted and moved to Abuja where Nuhu Ribadu, a Fulani, was announced the winner even before the delegates from Yola got to Abuja. He was not popular enough to be governor and PDP lost. Umar Jibrilla Bindow, non-fulani from Mubi, became governor.

2019 general elections: Fintiri contested and clinched the PDP ticket. Power was however with the APC, Halilu Ahmed, Fulani and brother to Aisha Buhari was in the race. All attempts to deny Bindow the ticket in favour of Halilu failed and Bindow emerged APC flagbearer. This caused a fracas between Aisha Buhari and Oshiomole. Aziz Nyako, son of Murtala Nyako emerged as the ADC governorship candidate and got all the Fulani votes. This was to the detriment of Bindow whom as my friend told me would have gotten Fulani votes even though they don’t like him. Fintiri won and became governor. I must add that he has been the best performing governor since the creation of Adamawa state. Nobody can deny this!

OP for clarity sake, Nuhu Ribadu contested PDP Primary again Gov. Fintiri and Lost to Bindow?

I don't understand, so Ribadu was scatter PDP from inside before?
Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by sageb: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
odinga1of:

OP for clarity sake, Nuhu Ribadu contested PDP Primary again Gov. Fintiri and Lost to Bindow?

I don't understand, so Ribadu was scatter PDP from inside before?

Ribadu was PDP governorship candidate in Adamawa in 2015 election.
He lost to Jibrilla Bindow of APC.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by TUANKU(m): 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
BafanaBafana:

Just because you met them there doesn't mean they are from there.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Igboid: 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
It is also said that Fintri is not a "true muslim".
He was originally Christian and only converted to Islam just when he was about to start his political career.
Is this story true?

9 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Jesse6(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
My own be say mk them declare the rightfull person mk we rest abeg.
These election stuff is slowing alot of development in the state

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by lizko(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
Fulani are almost everywhere, in everywhere there is 10 Muslim and 2 are fulani, the 2 will like to control the remaining 8.The Fulani have colonise the north just give them more 50-100years streets, town local g and states will be name after them..Just look at how the are fighting the fellow Muslim man like an outcast..
BafanaBafana:

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by divinelydiffere(f): 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
Tribalism is at play in Adamawa. The people should stand up and claim what works not to be tribalistic

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by 1zctb6yha: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
Free!!

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Hafeexla(m): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
BafanaBafana:

2015, general elections came, Bala Ngilari didn’t contest for governorship (Maybe their agreement). Fintiri got into the race again, he was leading in the PDP primaries and the process was halted and moved to Abuja where Nuhu Ribadu, a Fulani, was announced the winner even before the delegates from Yola got to Abuja. He was not popular enough to be governor and PDP lost. Umar Jibrilla Bindow of APC, non-fulani from Mubi, became governor.

2019 general elections: Fintiri contested and clinched the PDP ticket. Power was however with the APC, Halilu Ahmed, Fulani and brother to Aisha Buhari was in the race. All attempts to deny the incumbent Bindow the ticket in favour of Halilu failed and Bindow emerged APC flagbearer. This caused a fracas between Aisha Buhari and Oshiomole. Aziz Nyako, son of Murtala Nyako emerged as the ADC governorship candidate and got the Fulani votes. This was to the detriment of Bindow whom as my friend told me would have gotten Fulani votes even though they don’t like him. Fintiri won and became governor. I must add that he has been the best performing governor since the creation of Adamawa state. Nobody can deny this!

You tried a little but it goes beyond these, only the locals know where the finish line lies.
Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Lamasta(m): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
Ilegallity must not be allowed to stand irrespective of whose toes is stepped on....
Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Solsix(m): 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
yinkus6750:
I weep for my country. They don't care about his performance and the funny thing is that the masses the governor worked for are supporting them.

6 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by BafanaBafana: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hafeexla:

You tried a little but it goes beyond these, only the locals know where the finish line lies.
It doesn't go beyond this. It circles around this.
Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by dustmalik: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

I have met indigenous Fulanis from Michika. I've them as friends. You always claim to know what's happening in Adamawa, but I am very sure you are not even from there. Why don't you stick to what you know?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
dustmalik:

I have met indigenous Fulanis from Michika. I've them as friends. You always claim to know what's happening in Adamawa, but I am very sure you are not even from there. Why don't you stick to what you know?
You mean Fulani wanna be..?

One of my course mate in MAUTECH is Kliba by tribe from Hong LGA, but always claims Fulani just for favor.. He told me this with his mouth..

So many people who claim Fulani are not originally Fulani.. They have Identity crisis..

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know. by Cocolatti(m): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
Like Adamawa like Nassarawa

Same Fulani Muslim agenda was used in Nassarawa to deny Ombugado of the PDP who is from the Eggon tribe and a Christian. The Northern Muslim power brokers has vow that Nassarawa will always be ruled by a Muslim.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is No Body Talking About Tinubu Photographer? / Yaradua Suspends Domestic Passenger Plane In Air For 3 Hrs. / Ojukwu Fought For 13% Derivation – Odili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.