Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? (2394 Views)

What Is Olosho Meaning Please? / Another Name For A Girl Student Is Olosho Public Toilet / 11 Death-defying Photos That Will Make Your Heart Skip A Beat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by Walai(m): 10:52am On Apr 18, 2023
It is a known economic principle that increase in supply forces a decrease in price but this is not seen in the prostitution industry

From my usual olosho bunks, I can count up to 20 new girls that have joined the profession between January 2023 and now but the customers (guys) remains the same. Infact some are even broke now and no longer come around.
Yet the price keeps increasing instead of decreasing. What can be done about it?

Note: prostitution is classified as essential service in civilized countries considering their role in stabilizing the society (prostitutes are granted professional license in this climes not like the usual Nigerian poverty induced olosho)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by Moh247: 10:59am On Apr 18, 2023
Since they have lesser customers and their bills keeps increasing especially accomodations and lodge they have to increase price to a sustainable level... After all the don't get client frequently

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by garriAndsugar: 11:04am On Apr 18, 2023
A working government should put an eye in prostitution and even subsidizing for payment when neccessary

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by tommy589(m): 11:29am On Apr 18, 2023
We have more olosho than clients now. The price is cheaper now compared to what road side prostitution was when it started

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by ATEAMS: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2023
So let's protest ?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
tommy589:
We have more olosho than clients now. The price is cheaper now compared to what road side prostitution was when it started

The unfortunate thing in the country the guys which were patronizing the prostitutes are now very broke and are now selling their ass for money example bobrisky. So now on the street you have the slay queen and prostitutes on the other side you have some guys selling their asses for money on the same Street. Now ask yourself where will the customers come from if both sexes are doing the same business

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
ATEAMS:
So let's protest ?

I do not understand is it protesting that the price is becoming too expensive or is it protesting that the prostitutes are too much

Because if you see this areas in Lagos and the amount of homosexuals selling their bodies for money it is terrific.Maza-maza, Agric and Festac. Both sexes and doing the same thing. Now the customers are just too few from both sides of the coin

In the three areas which I mentioned do homosexuals are now more than prostitutes. Lack of customer
Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
Walai:
It is a known economic principle that increase in supply forces a decrease in price but this is not seen in the prostitution industry

From my usual olosho bunks, I can count up to 20 new girls that have joined the profession between January 2023 and now but the customers (guys) remains the same. Infact some are even broke now and no longer come around.
Yet the price keeps increasing instead of decreasing. What can be done about it?

Note: prostitution is classified as essential service in civilized countries considering their role in stabilizing the society (prostitutes are granted professional license in this climes not like the usual Nigerian poverty induced olosho)

thats because of the foolish buyers who keep paying these women at silly price (due to KONJI)

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
Where is Boogeyman?

d Ashawo Stakeholder of Nairaland? 🤔 cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
the services is relatively has no substitute so the prices would increase , this girls needs to takes good care of themselves too
Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by 007s(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
So basically the higher the number of girls recruited into the olosho industry, the lower the number of potential girlfriends.
Thus,as more gals join the olosho industry, the quantity of direct alternative i.e., girlfriends reduces, thus creating an increase in demand for oloshos, and increase in price of olosho services.
The average nigerian gal has atleast two boyfriends, thus if 20 gals should join the olosho industry, the no. Of men demanding for olosho will surge by 40.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by Illegal1(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=122595414]
Where is Boogeyman?
d Ashawo Stakeholder of Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
I'm tempted to believe this analogy.
Let's not glorify evil, our society/family value system is crashing.
Oyibo may survive the crashing of their family value system cos of their strong institutions and working govt. but the moment we lose our family value system here, forget it, Africa is gone

007s:
So basically the higher the number of girls recruited into the olosho industry, the lower the number of potential girlfriends.
Thus,as more gals join the olosho industry, the quantity of direct alternative i.e., girlfriends reduces, thus creating an increase in demand for oloshos, and increase in price of olosho services.
The average nigerian gal has atleast two boyfriends, thus if 20 gals should join the olosho industry, the no. Of men demanding for olosho will surge by 40.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by Irupetepete: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2023
Moh247:
Since they have lesser customers and their bills keeps increasing especially accomodations and lodge they have to increase price to a sustainable level... After all the don't get client frequently
professor of oloshoism, I greet you
Re: Why Is Olosho Price Defying Basic Economics? by kay4kay: 8:43am On Apr 19, 2023
007s:

SEE ANALYZER

ONCE THE MANDATE IS GIVEN BACK TO OBI YOU SHOULD BE NOMINATED AS THE MINISTER OF FINANCE

(1) (Reply)

I Am Really Confused / This Lady Swims From Bangladesh To India To Marry Facebook Lover. / Wat's It Like To Be In Love???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.