Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti (10982 Views)

Governors Yahaya Bello, Mai Buni, Hope Uzodinma, Oyebanji At PEPT Abuja / Ramadan: Tinubu Prays For Peace, Unity And Harmony In Nigeria / Tinubu, Umahi, Bala Mohammed, Others Attend First Lady’s Iftar Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by AngelGabbyShara(m): 11:15am On Apr 18, 2023
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has hailed religious leaders in the state for the harmony that exist among Muslim and Christian faithful in the state.

The Governor stated this at the Iftar ( breaking of fast) he hosted for Muslim leaders and faithful across the state at Jibowu Hall, Government House , Ado Ekiti on Monday night.

Governor Oyebanji, at the event attended by Muslim leaders, scholars, Muslim community and political leaders, expressed his appreciation to the Muslim community in the state for their support for his administration and called on them to continue to maintain decorum and live in peace with adherents of other religions in the state.

The Governor who maintained that the state enjoys relative peace and tranquility which has become a reference point in the country, urged the Muslim leaders to use the opportunity of the holy month to offer fervent prayers to God to grant all their hearts’ desire as well as for peace and prosperity of the Ekiti State and Nigeria.

The Governor, who recalled how the Muslim community rallied an unprecedented support for him during the 2022 election, said he remained grateful to them for their continued support for his administration.

He noted further that he has not being disappointed by the performance of the Muslims serving as in his government, making particular mention of the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Habibat Adubiaro and the Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Hakeem Jamiu whom he described as assets to the state.

“I will continue to consult with the leadership of Muslim community in Ekiti state as time goes by and my commitment to the Muslim community is rock solid, it will not waiver. I am also thanking you for allowing religious harmony to exist between Muslims and other religions. Ekiti state is one of the states in the country where we don’t have problem of religion because we all are serving one God and we are shining example to other states. I’m extremely grateful for this religious harmony and I want us to keep it up.

“I know that in government positions, Muslims were not always adequately taken care of, but I will try my best to make an amend in that wise. I have assurance that Muslims are people of impeccable character, I don’t have any doubt about that. And since we started this administration, the Secretary to the State Government that you gave me has proved to be an asset to the administration.

In their goodwill messages at the event, Deputy Speaker, House of Assembly, Hakeem Jamiu; Secretary to the State Government, Dr Habibat Adubiaro, President General, League of Imam and Alfas for Southwest, Edo and Delta, Sheik Jamiu Kewulere and the President, Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, Dr Afolabi Bakare extolled the virtues of Governor Oyebanji and commended his developmental strides in the state.

The Muslim faithful expressed their unreserved appreciation to the Governor for giving Muslims in the state a sense of belonging under his administration and assured him of their unalloyed support at all times.

Also in his lecture titled ‘the trait of leadership’, a Lecturer at the Ekiti State University, Prof. Musa Abdulraheem thanked the Governor for holding the Iftar with them and for according recognition to the Muslims by appointing them to key positions in his administration.

The event, which was also attended by a former Deputy Governor in the state, Dr Sikiru Lawal, and Muslim clerics and faithful across the 16 local government areas also featured prayers for Governor Oyebanji, his administration and the state at large.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02kHSRbbiwGMNftPLArgmcMxxZc42kpSZUZas5e2rRDNoBwyy8Sb8YR8nLKLmXf6jtl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

12 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by inoki247: 11:50am On Apr 18, 2023
Nothing like Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba Christian in SW...

We don donate that Muric guy to the people that want SW to be disorganized because of religion...m

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by GOTVee: 11:51am On Apr 18, 2023
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to wish our Muslim brothers and sisters a peaceful Ramadan. May Allah accept your Ibadah. We Christians and Muslims are one, only unscrupulous politicians like Peter Obi try to divide us for selfish gains. sad

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Broja: 11:51am On Apr 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by illuminutty: 11:51am On Apr 18, 2023
Juju man

1 Share

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Blissful45(m): 11:54am On Apr 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Babastrong(m): 11:54am On Apr 18, 2023
This peace is what YES DADDY wanted to destroy.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by jidamsel43(m): 11:54am On Apr 18, 2023
Muslims will never complain of marginalization because, In the South West, Religion tolerance prevails from every stratum of our society

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Biyikenny: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2023
Good development, best way to go. Wish the Governor a fruitful tenure in office.

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by seunny4lif(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2023
In Yorubaland, you are a Yoruba person first before religion.
An average Yoruba person have both Christian and Muslim believers in their family house.
Only in Yorubaland, you will see husband Muslim dropping his Christian wife to church or other way around.
Governorship elections in SW doesn’t matter if the candidate is a Christian or Muslim.
It’s only in Yoruba land you will see Yoruba Muslims in churches when the churches are doing church anniversaries as VIPs and same about Christians going to Mosques during Muslims celebrations.

Only in Yorubaland cool

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Skillsnigeria: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2023
That's good and nice

3 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by yrex01(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2023
Babastrong:
we nearly fell for it but now we’re wise. even if em redo d election 24 times elupee won’t smell 2nd in this Nigeria

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by LeoDeKing: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2023
Babastrong:
You mean this ethno-religious bigot detained for 3 days in UK prison and later deported for undisclosed crime few days ago?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by datola: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
Muslims are very few in Ekiti

3 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by KingKO22: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
Yoruba to the world

Awa Omoluabi rere .

Thank God that those that wanted to use religion to divide us had failed

Aku ipalemo Odun

12 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Skyehigher1: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
Religions in South West is very smooth

8 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by timibare(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to wish our Muslim brothers and sisters a peaceful Ramadan. May Allah accept your Ibadah. We Christians and Muslims are one, only unscrupulous politicians like Peter Obi try to divide us for selfish gains. sad
your not born again bro

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by leanonme82: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
GOTVee:

My best memories as a child was joining our family friends for ileya celebrations. We were christian & they were muslim, our dads are bestfriends.
We always had the best sleepovers in their house with all their cousins. On the d-day we go to central mosque with all of us kids wearing 'and co', kill rams in their family house in yaba wt plenty street music and family fanfare, then we go back home to their house to continue devouring ram meat and watch movies. Good times!

14 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by EeyanMayweather(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
Great one
Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Bhella5(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
They don't call the SW 'sophisticated' for nothing. First a Yoruba then other things will fall in line within the omoluabi tenet. Oodua a gbe gbogbo wa o!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Jsucre(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
seunny4lif:
In Yorubaland, you are a Yoruba person first before religion.
An average Yoruba person have both Christian and Muslim believers in their family house.
Only in Yorubaland, you will see husband Muslim dropping his Christian wife to church or other way around.
Governorship elections in SW doesn’t matter if the candidate is a Christian or Muslim.
It’s only in Yoruba land you will see Yoruba Muslims in churches when the churches are doing church anniversaries as VIPs and same about Christians going to Mosques during Muslims celebrations.

Only in Yorubaland cool
when it comes to this I give kudos to Yorubas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by DesignMaestro(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
We can all live peacefully together if we want to. It is all in our hands.

When auto accident occurs, sympathizers rush to the scene to save the lives of the victims, not caring to know which religion they practice or which tribe they belong to. This is how it happens in Enugu, Abia, PH, Ibadan, Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and everywhere else.

4 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Chetas81(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
Oyinbo don't have harmony for religion but the African borrower's
Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Chetas81(m): 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
timibare:
your not born again bro
anything possible under the British colony language
Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by 77up(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
inoki247:
Nothing like Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba Christian in SW...

We don donate that Muric guy to the people that want SW to be disorganized because of religion...m
I'm a proud Muslim, I honestly think the muric guy have agenda but as God have it, if south west will be divided (God forbid) , it's won't be through religion and that's why I always see those screaming "Yoruba Muslim" on this platform as uninformed foolish lots.

7 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Shantyken(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
GOTVee:

And people interpreting God's word wrongly to the followers of both religion

2 Likes

Re: Oyebanji At Iftar, Hails Religious Harmony In Ekiti by Menclothing: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
Gov is for all kudos sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] / Obasanjo Visits FRSC For His Driving License / PDP Chair Race: Jimi Agbaje Is A Comedian - Shelle, Ex PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.