Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,800 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp (34499 Views)

Femi Otedola Emerges Chairman Of First Bank / FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Flathead8: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
He is not Yoruba neither. Don't try to mask the truth with sarcasm
ZUBY77:

He is a Yoruba man. Take him. Focus more on what's important.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by DeLaRue: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
post=122598366:
His is second largest shareholder after Tony Elumelu

That's incorrect.

Otedola is now the largest individual shareholder. He has over 5%, while Elumelu has over 3%. The other 9% that Elumelu 'controls' belongs to all UBA shareholders of which Elumelu is the largest shareholder. That 9% does not belong to Elumelu.

As things stand, Otedola will get significant number of positions on the board of directors. He will now have a big say on how the company is run and will have a say on any major decision.

This is an unfriendly and aggressive move by Otedola. Yet, it is a fair one. Anybody is free to buy available shares on the stock exchange. Make no mistake about it, Elumelu can't be happy right now, but you can't blame Otedola.

This is a strategic move by Otedola. He has fired the first shot. He may even have more shares lined up for purchase already, and even if Elumelu starts buying more, there is no guarantee he will catch or exceed Otedola.

Otedola must have seen a big potential in Transcorp and wants to benefit from that potential. It is possible there are some government assets, opportunities or concessions in the power sector which he fears might fall to Transcorp to the detriment of his own Zugeru Power.

He will have seen the 'president- elect' visiting Elumelu and wonder...what if.

I am beginning to feel Otedola's story is one of the great comebacks in our modern history. The man was down and almost out. Selling Forte oil and acquiring Zugeru power has been transformational for him. His strategic investment in First Bank, and now Transcorp tells me he is one the smartest amongst Nigeria's big billionaires.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

What do you expect. Similar thing happened when Otedola became the largest shareholders of First Bank.

Management of First Bank denied it for almost 2 weeks.

SEC and Nigeria Stock Exchange will soon as CSCS and the Registrar of Transcorp to show the current share holding structure of Transcorp
Nothing like similar thing, once UBA nominee limited a private company control 9.25% Otedola can't do what he did in First bank in Transcorp

Read below

1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Flathead8: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
I have never seen Niger deltan claiming Ibo, it's always the other way
LaughterLA:

Lolz
Tony Elumelu is not igbo but uduka obaghagona of Arise TV is igbo despite both coming from the same LGA in delta state because the uduka is always exposing Tinubu
Hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by 36STATES: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
Dividend of 5 kobo per share I no do please.
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
DeLaRue:

That's incorrect.

Otedola is the largest individual shareholder. He has over 5%, while Elumelu has over 3%. The other 9% that Elumelu 'controls' belongs to all UBA shareholders of which Elumelu is the largest shareholder.

As things stand, Otedola will get significant number of positions on the board of directors. He will now have a big say on how the company is run and will have a say on any major decision.

This is an unfriendly and aggressive move by Otedola. Yet, it is a fair one. Anybody is free to buy available shares on the stock exchange. Make no.mistake abiut it, umelu can't be happy right now, but you can't blame Otedola.

Otedola must have seen a big potential in transport and wants to benefit from that potential. It is possible there are some government assets, opportunities or concessions in the powe4 sector which he fears might fall to transform.

He will have seen the 'president- elect' visiting Elumelu and wonder.

Transcorp has clarifies issues on shares and you guys are still giving yourselves headache, he is second largest shareholder after Tony Elumelu
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
Im not yoruba either make una juz leave us from una selfishness and bigotry. When Goodluck Ebele Jonathan ruled for six years I know how the eastern claimed he isn't an igbo man , that igbos are being marginalised. From experience know how the igbo discriminate us(my maternal)and call us bastards that we're not original igbo
Rahkman:
I don hear yoruba man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Flathead8: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
According to "Chibuzo Ukalbe", another desperate attach by force author
post=122598965:

Since Tony Onyemaechi is not an Igbo man and you want us to believe that Mike Adenuga who is Ijebu is a Yoruba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Rahkman: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Im not yoruba either make una juz leave us from una selfishness and bigotry. When Goodluck Ebele Jonathan ruled for six years I know how the eastern claimed he isn't an igbo man , that igbos are being marginalised
I have heard u yoruba man
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
Flathead8:
According to "Chibuzo Ukalbe", another desperate attach by force author
Is Ijebu people Yoruba
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Salewa97: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2023
post=122599241:

It's a private company

All this one is story.

Where is the proof that Elumelu owns 100% of the UBA nominee?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2023
post=122599356:

Nothing like similar thing, once UBA nominee limited a private company control 9.25% Otedola can't do what he did in First bank in Transcorp

Read below

Kindly educate yourself on what a nominees company does

The shares in a nominee account is owned by many shareholders, unlike Otedola who is a single largest individual shareholder

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Jack500: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
Rahkman:
Otedola is no more a billionaire in dollars and is far below elemelu in networth .....but yorubas are not ready for that discussion

Bring evidence that elemelu is Richer or shut it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Flathead8: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
I'm not Yoruba, so I wouldn't know
post=122599406:

Is Ijebu people Yoruba

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Kindly educate yourself on what a nominees company does

The shares in a nominee account is owned by many shareholders, unlike Otedola who is a single largest individual shareholder
Stop giving yourself headache Elumelu is the largest shareholder in Transcorp, we know the dirty game Otedola played with the Igbo man shareholder in with Largest shares in AP when Obasanjo was in power, he can't repeat that with Elumelu.

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Comelysync: 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
Basicend:
Transcorp that is a dead conglomerate.

A very dead brand from the onset.

Femi, has some old accumulations from Nigeria's crude reserves but he is not so much a wise investor.

He was a FBN, and he left. . Where is his outlay in Forte/AP?

He got his significant wealth from the oil block that FG allocated to him. . Not that he was so inventive or creative.

name the oil block he ever owned...

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by dontrulee: 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
chicoMX:
I looked at Forbes billionaire list today, and it is just crazy mehn. Things that caught my attention.

1. Bernaut and family is about $240+BN, while Elon musk is about $180+BN. The difference here, Omo.

2. Even though Baba is retired, Bill Gates is still amongst top 10 richest men.

3. Zuckerberg is somewhere around 15th, this used to be in top 10. Omo.

4. I found the female gender amongst top 10.

The Otedolas fit dey like 1000 Omo.

Yeah, Elon na beast. Once crossed over 300B$
Guy is just staying low, he lost more than half of his net worth at one point and despite that he's still Second!
That guy is out of this world, by the way, how's Bezos doing?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by efeski(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
Basicend:

Femi, has some old accumulations from Nigeria's crude reserves but he is not so much a wise investor.

He got his significant wealth from the oil block that FG allocated to him. . Not that he was so inventive or creative.

You can blaze the trail by inventing or creating the next big thing to create your significant wealth to establish a not so dead brand.
Just saying

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Labadi69: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
chicoMX:
I looked at Forbes billionaire list today, and it is just crazy mehn. Things that caught my attention.

1. Bernaut and family is about $240+BN, while Elon musk is about $180+BN. The difference here, Omo.

How can Otedola enter the list when he’s not a billionaire?
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by BeanmanX(m): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
The rich get richer why the poor stay poorer.
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by renderme: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
PulaPower:

Ote isn’t a dollar billionaire?
Please leave these guys in their delusions. Yorubas don’t use money to brag, so allow them keep disparaging Otedola, it won’t reduce his bank account.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by DeLaRue: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
post=122599380:

Transcorp has clarifies issues on shares and you guys are still giving yourselves headache, he is second largest shareholder after Tony Elumelu

Even if he is the 2nd largest shareholder, the die is cast.

If Transcorp was Elumelu's domain before, Otedola has ridden in a chariot into that domain and become a co-ruler since neither of them is a majority shareholder.

Otedola will get several seats on the board of directors and will now play a major role in how the company is run. Nothing can change that now.

Anyway Elumelu didn't have enough shares in Transcorp to claim sole control, so in truth, there was always a risk that another investor will come and outflank him.

Unlike Dangote and Otedola who individually control more than 70% of Dangote industries and Zugeru power respectively, Elumelu has between 3 and 10% of Transcorp. So Elumelu was never in absolute control of Transcorp the way Dangote and Mr Otedola control their own companies.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by BanyXchi: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
post=122599406:

Is Ijebu people Yoruba
you're just trying to cope. Ijebus are pure Yorubas, but stop trying to o gumbody with the Ikas and Aniomas Omo ibo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by vanitybutiwanti: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
post=122599667:

Stop giving yourself headache Elumelu is the largest shareholder in Transcorp, we know the dirty game Otedola played with the Igbo man shareholder in with Largest shares in AP when Obasanjo was in power, he can't repeat that with Elumelu.
What point exactly are you trying to prove? What do you know about finance and holding structure? To you everything is a war between the Igbos and yorubas, the part you highlighted in the article says otedola is the second largest shareholder, you fail to comprehend that as an individual he's the largest shareholder, UBA nominee is a corporate entity hence they are the largest shareholder overall, but individually it's otedola, and again you don't have proof that Tony owns 100% of UBA nominee, you don't even understand the purpose of a nominee in finance, if I was a politician and I wanted to buy shares in a publicly listed, a property or a private company especially in Nigeria, I don't buy shares with my name or companies with my name on the CAC documents, I simply enlists the service of a trustee like UBA nominee, Stanbic nominee, ARM, and any other trustee to buy shares in their names and also instruct the trustees to send proceeds of my investment to selected accounts, considering the fact that I'm politically exposed and if my enemies assumes the mantle of leadership, they'll probably go after me, instead of buying assets with my name, I use trustees as fronts and use myself as the sole beneficiary of the trust. I just schooled you, I hope you learnt something today.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Yoighaman(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
Omoawoke:
all these Yoruba men dominating everywhere. Must Yoruba be everywhere, entertainment, media, tech, medical fields, powerful politicians.?
They come get fine girls again, Yoruba girls dey enter my eyes. hmmm it is well

LOL....
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by DeLaRue: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
Basicend:

A company with N130 billion revenue is dead . That's about N2.5 billion in revenue per week.

Otedola sees something in this company which you clearly dont see.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Yoighaman(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
What point exactly are you trying to prove? What do you know about finance and holding structure? To you everything is a war between the Igbos and yourubas, the part you highlighted in the article says otedola is the second largest shareholder, you fail to comprehend that as an individual he's the largest shareholder, UBA nominee is a corporate entity hence overall they are the largest shareholder overall, but individually it's otedola, and again you don't have proof that Tony owns 100% of UBA nominee, you don't even understand the purpose of a nominee in finance, if I was a politician and I want to buy shares in a publicly listed or private company especially in Nigeria, I don't buy shares with my name or companies with my name on the CAC documents, I simply enlists the service of a trustee like UBA nominee, Stanbic nominee, ARM, and any other trustee to buy shares in their names and also instruct the trustees to send proceeds of my investment to selected accounts, considering the fact that I'm politically exposed and if my enemies assumes the mantle of leadership, they'll probably go after me, instead of buying assets with my name, I use trustees as fronts and use myself as the sole beneficiary of the trust. I just schooled you, I hope you learnt something today.

Nice one. Some of these people need to be schooled. They rush to type first and then think later.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by DeLaRue: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
Primusinterpares:
Like is he likely to become the owner of Tony Elumelu group of companies

No. That's Mr Elumelu's private company.

Transcorp is a separate company.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Ashawoman82: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
chicoMX:

otedola no reach 1000 bro.
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by Primusinterpares(m): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
DeLaRue:

No. That's Mr Elumelu's private company.

Transcorp is a separate company.

Ok... I see
Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by stanbright(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
Aderewah:
Lol. Otedola is richer than every person in nnewi combined
Are you richer than anyone in your compound?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by gosmoney(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
Basicend:

He got his significant wealth from the oil block that FG allocated to him. . Not that he was so inventive or creative.i wonder how pp like u just open mouth waaaa and start pouring out nonsense calling a rich man like otedola bad investor anyway it is well with u o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off / Efe Ejere, Chief Operating Officer, Grand Cubana Hotel Celebrates Birthday / What Are The Differences Between BN And RC Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.