Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. (921 Views)

I Need Help, My Phone Hotspot Drains So Much Data When Connected To My PC / How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot / Please Help My Tecno Phone Has Gone Crazy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by udede(m): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
My phone is infinix hot 10 and i recently started using the hotspot to trade fx on my laptop with Airtel SIM. The thing is comsuming data like mad. Imagine burning 1gig in 15 minutes while just trying to analyse the market.

Before now I was trading with MTN WiFi and i could trade with 1gig for more than two days.
Please my people where did I got it wrong ? Gurus in the house i take God beg una to come to my rescue.
Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by Harryfrosh: 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
Lol... I also use my phone hotspot with my laptop to analyze and trade and I can be on laptop for hours... Like minimum of 10 hours daily and I can tell you I don't use up to gigabytes daily... Running my phone hotspot with both laptop and iPad and I think the maximum data I used daily basis is around 300mb... So I always wondered when people talk of laptop zapping their data... But I remembered I stopped my laptop auto update
Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by MrBroke(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
Na Airtel dey do am, nothing consine your hotspot. Airtel are data vampires sucking data anyhow, reason i don't deal with them.

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by udede(m): 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
Harryfrosh:
Lol... I also use my phone hotspot with my laptop to analyze and trade and I can be on laptop for hours... Like minimum of 10 hours daily and I can tell you I don't use up to gigabytes daily... Running my phone hotspot with both laptop and iPad and I think the maximum data I used daily basis is around 300mb... So I always wondered when people talk of laptop zapping their data... But I remembered I stopped my laptop auto update
it used to be like yours when I was using MTN WiFi . I will buy data worth of 5k and it will not finish in a month. I tried the hotspot with Airtel because MTN recently became unreliable in my area
Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by Highways: 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
udede:
My phone is infinix hot 10 and i recently started using the hotspot to trade fx on my laptop with Airtel SIM. The thing is comsuming data like mad. Imagine burning 1gig in 15 minutes while just trying to analyse the market.

Before now I was trading with MTN WiFi and i could trade with 1gig for more than two days.
Please my people where did I got it wrong ? Gurus in the house i take God beg una to come to my rescue.

Probably your PC ran some updates

3 Likes

Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by Simeony007(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2023
Lol, it is the fault of your hotspot. In fact your phone is perfect and working incredibly well.

I used to think the same way before I descovered that windows 10 upward always have one update or the other. So I made some research on how to stop it because even if you disable auto update on your pc it will still repeat it self.

So I first discovered the first software I used which is called glassware. This software shows you the number of apps consuming your data and how to disable them. But the problem is that its not easy to find the pro version but I managed it for like 2 years.

But now I have discovered a perfect solution to the problem. The name of the software is Netlimiter. Oh, I wish I found this application sooner. It shows you how to disable any service running without hassle. You can also find the pro version easily without stress.

You can try the software and if you need help with it just reach out to me. I'll be willing to teach you how to download and use it. 😊

3 Likes

Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by TinubuShet(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2023
Na Airtel oga, flee
Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by falcon01: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
udede:

Set the network as metred Connection, then Disable all updates over metred Connections.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by udede(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
Simeony007:
Lol, it is the fault of your hotspot. In fact your phone is perfect and working incredibly well.

I used to think the same way before I descovered that windows 10 upward always have one update or the other. So I made some research on how to stop it because even if you disable auto update on your pc it will still repeat it self.

So I first discovered the first software I used which is called glassware. This software shows you the number of apps consuming your data and how to disable them. But the problem is that its not easy to find the pro version but I managed it for like 2 years.

But now I have discovered a perfect solution to the problem. The name of the software is Netlimiter. Oh, I wish I found this application sooner. It shows you how to disable any service running without hassle. You can also find the pro version easily without stress.

You can try the software and if you need help with it just reach out to me. I'll be willing to teach you how to download and use it. 😊
thanks bro
Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by lordm(m): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2023
Go and stop the Windows update. Juveniles
Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by Ybholy(m): 1:43am On Apr 19, 2023
Click the network signal symbol on your pc, click the properties besides the selected network and activate/set the network as METERED DATA

When you did, no more background data usage or update. Thank me later.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by wisdomkid: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2023
Simeony007:

You called two great apps here. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Hotspot Has Gone Crazy. by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2023
falcon01:
Set the network as metred Connection, then Disable all updates over metred Connections.

This is your solution right here!
Windows 10 is a data vampire until you do this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Gift Card Vendors And Their Whatsapp Numbers / To All Prison Break Fan And Mustay / Nokia 6310 And 6310i Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.