Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. (34664 Views)

Why Men Get Intimidated By Richer/successful Women / A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Lamasta(m): 8:11am On Apr 20, 2023
BloomingDale:
I wish Nigerian men will put all these effort into policing their fellow criminal Nigerian men. A lot of opportunities lost because of these criminal bandits.

Please start making threads and telling your fellow criminal Nigerian men to stop the drug peddling, yahoo yahoo, armed robbery, human trafficking etc.

Abeg you.
Is this the topic of discourse Intelligence is far from you
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by BreconHills(m): 8:12am On Apr 20, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Most successful women lacks submission and this is the reason why they are single.

Not true. At a time the heads of state of several European countries were women including Angela Merkel - she still went shopping and cooked meals.

My wife has a very large school in a very affluent part of Lagos and the school has valuable partnerships with Uk and US schools. She still serves me dinner. But obviously, I don't insist on it because serving me dinner does not define how we work. I create the family vision and model for the family; I am responsible for outcomes, and she speaks into it and executes it in COO style. We've children in Uni and no trouble at all. I may make more net income but she has a more public face to her success.

Maybe you should have used "some" instead of "most". Thats an unproven but general hypothesis.

I disagree with this.

If a man is not bringing a lot to the table over a long period of time, then there can inevitably be a default to the woman as the decision maker. Like life, people tend to listen to demonstrable success - not simply having money but the ability to create plans that end more far more positively than they go bad.

If we want to deal with growing states of immorality and bad behaviour across a gender that is a different question.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by hardbody: 8:13am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:

Hahahaahahahabbaha tell that to someone who cares. I am a woman I am not after any woman pussy, men will tiptoed not to offend women because after all they need pussy not me.

Be it a man or woman issue imma say what I truly believe in. grin

Ageless Rokiatu. We've been here a whole long time and yeah you say it the way it is. Known you for that.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by ComputerOperato: 8:16am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:
This is a great topic with many layers to it.

The problem is that many women lead with their achievements. They achieved and believe oh well
I’m a high achiever I don’t gotta clean for no man I don’t gotta cook for no man infact I don’t need a man. That’s the issue right there.

I have said it before and I will say it here again, men don’t give a damn about a woman’s achievements. Maybe your home girls will clap for you but this is not all a man is looking for. An uneducated woman who’s broke and never been to college don’t work but can cook, have good nurturing skills, a good mother, fine as hell, good in bed, will always get the better man than a woman who’s hella accomplished and is totally out of touch with her womanly side and roles.

Fun fact as you are off to work, he’s fu..cking that unemployed woman that truly makes him feel like a man.

Also many of these women achieved and start shouting it at the top of their lungs, a big turn off to many men. A man’s would love you to leave space for him to come in and be a man, provide for you, get you that car that house for the family etc but if you buy yourself all
Of these things and claiming to be an independent strong woman that has everything and the only thing you need is a man well my sister you will stay long waiting for that man.

The truth is bitter, but a successful man is treated like a big baller in society but you as a successful woman well sorry but many men don’t care. And the issue is that many successfully women wants the accolades, the praises, special treatment and to be exempt from their womanly duties simply because they are successful in society. It’s just as bad as men wanting special treatment and better positions because they look good. Lol that’s funny but imagine a man thinking because he looks good so he will get a higher position…rarely ever as in ever. A woman looks yes that matters but a man? Nope not really because that doesn’t impact on his ability to provide or protect. Women have to stop thinking just because they are successful and high achievers they don’t gotta do what a man’s requires of a woman to
Make him feel like a man.

And this is for the women that wants lasting and happy relationships. If you want to be a strong independent woman that don’t need no man kudos to you, do you but you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

You have said it all.
Great thinking from a woman (if you're truly one).
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Uten9z(m): 8:21am On Apr 20, 2023
[quote author=Rokiat post=122597727]

Hahahaahahahabbaha tell that to someone who cares. I am a woman I am not after any woman pussy, men will tiptoed not to offend women because after all they need pussy not me.

Be ii like this lady, you say it all like your in a dudes mind
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by OkayDaddy: 8:37am On Apr 20, 2023
ukaface:

You’re complete
You’re whole with or without the opposite sex
You actually need to unlearn

I guess your mother gave birth to you without being impregnated by the opposite sex.

When you products of failed families speak, it's not hard to know.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by franchasofficia: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2023
Onefornaija10:

Franchas, I have followed you here for long. And this has always been your position on this issue.

Now, I am wondering, why is your wife working?

If you foot all bills 100%, upto her undies, what is she doing with her money?

Why is she working because I know by her working, she will be busier leading to less time for you, sex etc; less time for kids, less time to do chores, manage the home etc. YET despite taking part of the time meant for you, she is still unable to contribute from the proceeds of the job.

Many men do this

Now, do you think this is ideal?

For me, its what I desired right from when I knew what marriage is.

I think she uses her money to help some of her biological family side and maybe saving for her kids which are fine by me.

I didn't marry her to make money for me or pay bills. My position may not be ideal for others but its what I wished for.

You won't believe I fuel her car to and fro work lol. I also told her whenever she spends her own money to do anything for my kids she should tell me so I refund her. This may sound crazy but I derive joy being totally in charge of my family and life financially. I also help some of her family members in need though they aren't much and rarely ask, but during festive times I extend to them whether they ask or not.

As for sex, I am not a sex person, I am easily satisfied sexually even though I love pretty ladies for looking and admiring and maybe playing lol

I hate food, I eat to survive, and very picky. She tries, whenever she is off, she cooks herself and pack in freezers, and we have helps and children nannies. She tries sha. But I guess why it seems easy for me is because I am buoyant.

If you don't want to have issue with women in general, please don't ever put eyes on their money no matter how small, ignore a woman's money like a plague, this is my principle even when I was a bachelor

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Uten9z(m): 8:39am On Apr 20, 2023
frozen70:

How many things in the Bible does men obey

Including the one that says love your wife

Did the Bible say have side chic

You and Devock19 and every other feminist should knw this truth. Men don't care about your how much you can afford submission and respect he deserve period.
Unless the man is there in relationship with the money attributed.
Say what ever you want and believe what ever you want , it can't change that fact about a macho
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by OluwaEbuka1: 8:40am On Apr 20, 2023
Generally, to be successful, you need to be bold and assertive. In most cases, where the women are more successful than their men, they tend to forget where to draw the line between work and household. They subconsciously begin to disrespect and usurp the power of the man in the house.

Also, women by their nature prefer men who are more successful than them. Men understand this principle (with my above explanation), so men ideally will want to go for ladies they are more successful than.

In other words, the more a lady becomes successful, the lesser the number of men who can fit into her taste. Cos if she is making 3m per month for instance, she will ideally want a guy who make similar amount or more and the number of guys who make such amount are few, thereby reducing the eligible pool of men for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by ItisWell22(f): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2023
CondenseMilk:

For a marriage to be successful

-the woman must submit and respect the husband.
-the man must love the wife .

This is according to scripture. As a woman, it is not required of you to love your husband rather you are required to respect and submit to him.

While the man is to love the woman.

Naturally, when such qualities are not found in a woman wether successful or not the man would look elsewhere.

As for the provisions for the home, money can come from both, it doesn't matter who has it more.

What about the scripture that says a man who can’t provide for his family is worst than an infidel? 🤔

Before you bring in the Proverbs 31 woman, we all know a woman is meant to be a helpmeet; helping a functional man… 🥱
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by gudugudumeje: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2023
Women are fond of exploiting successful men and bringing down others..... Hakimi's wife case trending in recent times is a case in point. How women.....
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Rokiat(f): 8:50am On Apr 20, 2023
hardbody:

Ageless Rokiatu. We've been here a whole long time and yeah you say it the way it is. Known you for that.
Thanks
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Fidecoo(m): 8:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:

The problem is that many women lead with their achievements. They achieved and believe oh well
I’m a high achiever I don’t gotta clean for no man I don’t gotta cook for no man infact I don’t need a man. That’s the issue right there.

I have said it before and I will say it here again, men don’t give a damn about a woman’s achievements. Maybe your home girls will clap for you but this is not all a man is looking for. An uneducated woman who’s broke and never been to college don’t work but can cook, have good nurturing skills, a good mother, fine as hell, good in bed, will always get the better man than a woman who’s hella accomplished and is totally out of touch with her womanly side and roles.

Fun fact as you are off to work, he’s fu..cking that unemployed woman that truly makes him feel like a man.

Also many of these women achieved and start shouting it at the top of their lungs, a big turn off to many men. A man’s would love you to leave space for him to come in and be a man, provide for you, get you that car that house for the family etc but if you buy yourself all
Of these things and claiming to be an independent strong woman that has everything and the only thing you need is a man well my sister you will stay long waiting for that man.

The truth is bitter, but a successful man is treated like a big baller in society but you as a successful woman well sorry but many men don’t care. And the issue is that many successfully women wants the accolades, the praises, special treatment and to be exempt from their womanly duties simply because they are successful in society. It’s just as bad as men wanting special treatment and better positions because they look good. Lol that’s funny but imagine a man thinking because he looks good so he will get a higher position…rarely ever as in ever. A woman looks yes that matters but a man? Nope not really because that doesn’t impact on his ability to provide or protect. Women have to stop thinking just because they are successful and high achievers they don’t gotta do what a man’s requires of a woman to

And this is for the women that wants lasting and happy relationships. If you want to be a strong independent woman that don’t need no man kudos to you, do you but you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

I swear, if this your write up is from your heart and not just for writing sake,then,you are a good lady to have as a partner.
But, you see that siofra of a girl enn,
I just pity her mentality on men and relationship with men.
I just pray make her mentality nemesis no catch up with her.

More kudos, to bright and fair mentality ladies.
In this forum.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by JustcallmeFavou(f): 9:06am On Apr 20, 2023
Persephone1:
Men aren't afraid of successful women perse most men can't relate with successful women because they come with lots of compromise men can't afford. The traditional man wants a woman who will always be available, who won't question his opinions and decisions ( right or wrong) a woman who will cook, do house chores, be a "yes sir" etc. A successful woman may not be able to meet up with all these.

For most Nigerian men money is their bargaining chip in a relationship, there ability to provide a woman's need give them surge of control, relevance and power. Dealing with a woman who can't take care of herself can be very difficult for a man who is yet to realize that his existence is more than ability to provide.

Successful women demands more, for the everyday woman, her wants in a man may be limited to "being taken care of" but for a successful woman she will demand more varying from accountability to loyalty to having a say in decisions, sharing responsibilities etc. Her demands are higher and sometimes impossible to meet for average men.

Of course, some successful women can be proud, unruly and difficult to relate with but trust me, all these stem from "see finish" i.e what can the man offer but truth is when they finally meet the right one, they submit.

Not completely True!

My prayer each day is that, God the more you lift me higher in life, help me to remind humble, respectful, and not loose myself in the process.

I am a woman, and I can beat my chest and say what OP said is the truth. Most women loose it once they are very successful. The ones that are successful,and yet humble are not up to 2%. Most of them, even belittle their fellow women who are not yet as successful as them in the process.

We should call a spade a spade and not turn a blind eye, or sugar coat things that are not right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Flamemignon1(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2023
lexy2014:

If you don't the opposite sex to be complete maritally, what do you need to be complete?
I'm gay and even at that I don't need or want a male partner to complete me. All I need is me myself and I

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Alezy(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2023
Rated 💯. Case closed
Rokiat:

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by frozen70(f): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2023
Uten9z:

You and Devock19 and every other feminist should knw this truth. Men don't care about your how much you can afford submission and respect he deserve period.
Unless the man is there in relationship with the money attributed.
Say what ever you want and believe what ever you want , it can't change that fact about a macho

Wetin concern us with macho or weakly 🤷
We can only do what we can
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by frozen70(f): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2023
IDERAWOLE:

Surely not. That's not the definition of submission. Any man who calls that submission is a cramp, if there's anything called by that name.

Now, the situation you painted actually exists in some occasions. However, what's wrong with such a man that his wife will do all of those things you mentioned and is still calling himself the man of the home?

No sane man will be comfortable getting all of those services from a woman you call your wife! If he is, then he's sick heavy.

Now, a wife could be favoured with all of those good things. A healthy husband should try to leverage on that woman's status by finding out what can I do to maintain my position as your husband!

Even if, your salary monthly may not be more than 200k, and here you have a wife earning 2m per month. Something from that 200k should come as your gift to the babe of your life regularly. Definitely, that salary of the man can't maintain the life of the wife, and a sane woman that earns 2m too is not going to be expecting you to maintain her and the home. All a sane woman will be looking for is just a sense of responsibility from the man. Buy simple things for the kids and the wife and appreciate the efforts of the woman.

That woman will be happy with your 200k and she'll do all of the rest with joy in her heart.

Anyway, remember my adjective for the woman, SANE! It's not everybody that is sane o!
I love your analysis
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by ItswellMike: 9:48am On Apr 20, 2023
Sorry dear.
U cant change what is ordain by God.
Follow those principle and succeed in relationship
[Lquote author=Persephone1 post=122599020]Men aren't afraid of successful women perse most men can't relate with successful women because they come with lots of compromise men can't afford. The traditional man wants a woman who will always be available, who won't question his opinions and decisions ( right or wrong) a woman who will cook, do house chores, be a "yes sir" etc. A successful woman may not be able to meet up with all these.

For most Nigerian men money is their bargaining chip in a relationship, there ability to provide a woman's need give them surge of control, relevance and power. Dealing with a woman who can't take care of herself can be very difficult for a man who is yet to realize that his existence is more than ability to provide.

Successful women demands more, for the everyday woman, her wants in a man may be limited to "being taken care of" but for a successful woman she will demand more varying from accountability to loyalty to having a say in decisions, sharing responsibilities etc. Her demands are higher and sometimes impossible to meet for average men.

Of course, some successful women can be proud, unruly and difficult to relate with but trust me, all these stem from "see finish" i.e what can the man offer but truth is when they finally meet the right one, they submit.

[/quote]
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 20, 2023
BreconHills:

Not true. At a time the heads of state of several European countries were women including Angela Merkel - she still went shopping and cooked meals.

My wife has a very large school in a very affluent part of Lagos and the school has valuable partnerships with Uk and US schools. She still serves me dinner. But obviously, I don't insist on it because serving me dinner does not define how we work. I create the family vision and model for the family; I am responsible for outcomes, and she speaks into it and executes it in COO style. We've children in Uni and no trouble at all. I may make more net income but she has a more public face to her success.

Maybe you should have used "some" instead of "most". Thats an unproven but general hypothesis.

I disagree with this.

If a man is not bringing a lot to the table over a long period of time, then there can inevitably be a default to the woman as the decision maker. Like life, people tend to listen to demonstrable success - not simply having money but the ability to create plans that end more far more positively than they go bad.

If we want to deal with growing states of immorality and bad behaviour across a gender that is a different question.

We are saying the same thing!

Irrespective of the height attained in life by a woman, she owes respect and submission to her husband.

This is the provision for a successful marriage.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2023
ItisWell22:

What about the scripture that says a man who can’t provide for his family is worst than an infidel? 🤔

Before you bring in the Proverbs 31 woman, we all know a woman is meant to be a helpmeet; helping a functional man… 🥱

This is not in the topic of discuss
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by benqo01(m): 9:55am On Apr 20, 2023
Truth be told a woman or let's say most women who re successful believe they don't need a man

When a man is successful the next tin that comes to his mind is how to start building a family but a woman will tell u she doesn't need all that

See most successful women re very rude,bad behavior when dey attain a certain height

Even d fellow women know this

Pride set in....that is why it is hard for them to even settle down

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by benqo01(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2023
Truth is they don't even do these things to men but also to their fellow women........
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by BreconHills(m): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2023
CondenseMilk:

We are saying the same thing!

Irrespective of the height attained in life by a woman, she owes respect and submission to her husband.

This is the provision for a successful marriage.

The word "submission" is quite problematic these days. A lot of people struggle with it. Maybe we should use "respect"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Onefornaija10: 10:15am On Apr 20, 2023
franchasofficia:
For me, its what I desired right from when I knew what marriage is.

I think she uses her money to help some of her biological family side and maybe saving for her kids which are fine by me.

I didn't marry her to make money for me or pay bills. My position may not be ideal for others but its what I wished for.

You won't believe I fuel her car to and fro work lol. I also told her whenever she spends her own money to do anything for my kids she should tell me so I refund her. This may sound crazy but I derive joy being totally in charge of my family and life financially. I also help some of her family members in need though they aren't much and rarely ask, but during festive times I extend to them whether they ask or not.

As for sex, I am not a sex person, I am easily satisfied sexually even though I love pretty ladies for looking and admiring and maybe playing lol

I hate food, I eat to survive, and very picky. She tries, whenever she is off, she cooks herself and pack in freezers, and we have helps and children nannies. She tries sha. But I guess why it seems easy for me is because I am buoyant.

If you don't want to have issue with women in general, please don't ever put eyes on their money no matter how small, ignore a woman's money like a plague, this is my principle even when I was a bachelor

Hmmm

You have corrupted her o bro.

Serious corruption.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Changethechain: 10:29am On Apr 20, 2023
Yes we are afraid because you guys brain always shakes all the time.
CondenseMilk:
Most successful women lacks submission and this is the reason why they are single.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by franchasofficia: 10:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Onefornaija10:

Hmmm

You have corrupted her o bro.

Serious corruption.
Many men, especially Igbo men do same or even worst, but they won't say it out cheesy

I have friends living in the US who told their wives not to work, they foot all the family bills, reason I usually laugh when guys claim things like this dont happen abroad, there are men that practice same all over the world lol

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by eldav(m): 10:36am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:

Excellently said, Rokiatu.

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Onefornaija10: 10:44am On Apr 20, 2023
franchasofficia:
Many men, especially Igbo men do same or even worst, but they won't say it out cheesy

I have friends living in the US who told their wives not to work, they foot all the family bills, reason I usually laugh when guys claim things like this dont happen abroad, there are men that practice same all over the world lol
It's terrible.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Bfly: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2023
Successful women exhibiting masculine energy is a big turn off to a real man except those of them that also exhibit Feminine energy too. They should just stop using the adjective "afraid" instead the men are "irritated" by their attitudes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘this Marriage Wrecked Me’ — How DNA Shows He’s Not Father Of SS ‘son' / Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? / When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.