Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State (36692 Views)

Policemen Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Emohua, Rivers Arrested / Policeman Who Flogged A Man With A Cutlass Faces Trial / Tola Azeez: Police Officers Who Flogged A Woman Yesterday In Osun Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Ayodekfarms(m): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2023
What happened to the victim?
No apology?
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by jubrilELsudan: 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
INDEED THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS THE WORSTEST IN THE WORLD

THIS IS LIKE GOD...INSTEAD OF CASTING SATAN LUCIFER OUT OF HEAVEN....HE INSTEAD DEMOTED HIM FROM THE CHOIR MASTER THAT HE WAS TO A LAY READER.

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Jostoman: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
This IGP have been trying but he fall my hand during governorship election.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Gunayo(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
They should extend this act to some police officers at nyanya police station that derive joy in killing innocent people.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by deavicky(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
Big boy!!! See as he put his hand for pocket.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Pat081: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
the three Policemen will be posted out of Rivers State to other Commands and Formations to continue their police duties. Why do they have to do this they should have let them to be in that police station so that their junior will be able to send them out useless people in uniform
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by kaludestiny10(m): 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
The inspector is not even showing any sign of remorse. From the images, one can see his facial expression. I would have preferred outright dismissal.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Pat081: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nyanabo:
Police no fit harass me like this go free. Especially when I'm within my right.
Hmmmmmm only those who are alive live to tell story
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by sonnie10: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nyanabo:
Let me give you a heads up. Don’t ever mess with anyone holding a guy. Life has no duplicate.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Brushstrokes20: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
Not good enough undecided... Dismissal would've been on point!... The arrogant dude's is even unbothered!
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Risingsunn: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
falcon01:
DEMOTION?? he should be Dismissed!
Dismissed He should be killed. Useless criminals
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by bigcasava1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
Is that all? Instead of dismiss why demotion
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Codes151(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
I for slap you back
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Kaymansion(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
cheesy
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by RemoveKebab: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
NwaliE01:
You can see arrogance written over him.

How dare a policeman dip hand in his pocket before his superiors?

He ought to be locked up in the inner cell. He's not shown any sign of remorse.

That guy is dangerous. Look at what he put on at the place of work where he slapped the boy.

Our police force is synonymous with lawlessness.

I have never seen a policeman on duty abroad without complete uniform.

Please, if anyone has seen, he should disprove my assertion. Our country is just weird.
I taught I was only one that noticed
I swear NPF no get single Orientation.
So undisciplined institution.

I don't know of others but I trust the navy that single action of dipping hand in his pocket in front of his superiors will have him in guard room serving a Parkard job.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
National disgrace to him and his family. You go hear am for your wife hand.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by janvier27(m): 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
Very good. He should have also been made to publicly apologise. It's good the deranking was done publicly. The humiliation is more than the demotion. Police should use him as case study in all their training.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Harrynight(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
God bless the person that video the event
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by thisisit: 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
HE SHOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO HIS VILLAGE POLICE POST.. SO THAT HE CAN SLAPPING HIS KINSMEN
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Adufeamos: 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hmm Good justice served. But that man should be protected, relocate or they should sign a bond that nothing must happen to that man. Anyone thinking wetin I dey 🤔 it's well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by creolehunt: 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
Offpoint1:
I wonder why Nigerians don't sue police. if this was America, the police department would had been sued and heavy compensation paid to the victim.

This demotions is just for the media, I've been in the system for long I know how all of these will end.

Because no one has faith in the judicial process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by OWOABASIUDY: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
This is a good one from the police
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by MrBroke(m): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
naptu2:

But they dismissed officers recently and people complained that they shouldn't have been dismissed because that would create new armed robbers.

3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano
https://www.nairaland.com/7652051/3-policemen-dismissed-firing-shots

They'll call them back and deploy them to some other state. Police no dey dismiss like that o grin
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Burgerlomo: 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
Justice for common man 👍
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Nikeruka(m): 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2023
Not enough
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by bennybuhari: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
Useless man. Why not just remove him entirely from police?
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by lexy2014: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
This should serve as deterrent to policemen who abuse their power and disrespect the fundamental rights of the citizens that they are obliged to protect.

I'm happy that the victim of the Policeman's brutality has gotten justice.

I hope that the families of thousands of young men murdered by the notorious, now defunct, Awkuzu Sars get justice and closure soon.

that is not justice. its a slap on the wrist.

"The punishment for the offense of assault and battery was at the other hand provided in Section 351 of the Criminal Code Act, which states that any person who unlawfully assaults another is guilty of a misdemeanor, and is liable, if no greater punishment is provided, to imprisonment for one year."

Section 355 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria:
Any person who unlawfully assaults another and thereby does him harm, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for three years.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by nedekid: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nyanabo:
Oga, they have guns oh. Never drag with a man with gun. Live to fight another day.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by lexy2014: 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
mariovito:
Good one. Better than outright dismissal. with demotion,they may still be able to rein him in, but dismissal? That's free transfer of a formidable player to the opponent team(bandits, robbers, kidnappers, boko, iswap, ansaru etc)

how will a corrupt institution like the police "rein him in"? this is the law and the police didint follow it to the latter. if it was a civilian that slapped a policeman, that civilian will be prosecuted.

Section 355 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria:
Any person who unlawfully assaults another and thereby does him harm, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for three years.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by timefarm(m): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
Offpoint1:
I wonder why Nigerians don't sue police. if this was America, the police department would had been sued and heavy compensation paid to the victim.

This demotions is just for the media, I've been in the system for long I know how all of these will end.

This is true. If not because of media. It will be carpetes as normal.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by naptu2: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2023
MrBroke:

They'll call them back and deploy them to some other state. Police no dey dismiss like that o grin

Foreseer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Owerri Bank Robbery: Pastor Arrested By Police For Keeping Rifles In Church / 15-Year-Old Boy Who Had Sex With A Goat In Niger State Arrested / Donald Latella: How Umar Bida Defrauded Me & I Lost $16 Million In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.