Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State (36644 Views)

Policemen Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Emohua, Rivers Arrested / Policeman Who Flogged A Man With A Cutlass Faces Trial / Tola Azeez: Police Officers Who Flogged A Woman Yesterday In Osun Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by naptu2: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nigeria Police Force @PoliceNG

ASSAULT ON PUBLIC: POLICE DERANKS ONE, ANOTHER SEVERELY REPRIMANDED

As IGP Tasks Officers on Professionalism, Respect for Fundamental Rights

Subsequent to complaints and findings on video evidence widely circulated on Sunday 9th April, 2023, on social media of assault, discreditable conduct, and incivility to members of the public, at Emouha, Rivers State, and a follow-up orderly room trial of the affected policemen by the Force Provost Marshal, one Adejoh Siaka has been reduced in rank from Inspector to Sergeant.

Similarly, one Sergeant Ndiwa Kpuebari who was also present at the scene but took no steps to discourage such inappropriate and shameful act was severely reprimanded.

However, one Inspector Friday Obaka, who was later discovered to have been absent from the scene of the skirmish was discharged unconditionally at the conclusion of the proceedings.

In all, the three Policemen will be posted out of Rivers State to other Commands and Formations to continue their police duties.

The Inspector General of Police has therefore tasked officers and men of the Force to be diligent and uphold the lofty tenets of professional policing in the discharge of their duties with respect for the fundamental rights of all citizens in line with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

CSP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI, mnipr, mipra,
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FORCE HEADQUARTERS,
ABUJA

April 18, 2023

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1648371839511543842

See previous threads: Police Officer Captured Harassing A Man At Emohua Checkpoint, Port Harcourt

Policemen Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Emohua, Rivers Arrested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OsHjCj6K0U

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by N3TRAL: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
This should serve as deterrent to policemen who abuse their power and disrespect the fundamental rights of the citizens that they are obliged to protect.

I'm happy that the victim of the Policeman's brutality has gotten justice.

I hope that the families of thousands of young men murdered by the notorious, now defunct, Awkuzu Sars get justice and closure soon.

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Lamasta(m): 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good they should always be scolded for abusing innocent Nigerians publicly

41 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by falcon01: 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
DEMOTION?? he should be Dismissed!

176 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Kabirudeen25(m): 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
falcon01:
NPF will rather die than dismiss any of their precious officers.

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by naptu2: 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
NPF will rather die than dismiss any of their precious officers.

But they dismissed officers recently and people complained that they shouldn't have been dismissed because that would create new armed robbers.

3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano
https://www.nairaland.com/7652051/3-policemen-dismissed-firing-shots

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Ashez: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
The idiot is even smiling for the camera

28 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Lamasta(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
falcon01:
Cutting his rank is fair at least he's shoulder will be down for some years before he rises back to that position again

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by jara: 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
I still remember the one that slapped the old man in one of the Eastern states. I hope he has been fired.

The man held him and wondered why. A man old enough to be your father.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Offpoint1: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
I wonder why Nigerians don't sue police. if this was America, the police department would had been sued and heavy compensation paid to the victim.

This demotions is just for the media, I've been in the system for long I know how all of these will end.

49 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Creamypie(m): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
E no go slap again

5 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by KnowledgePower7: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by callmevirus(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nice one but dismissing him could've been better

6 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Flight90: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
Demote or dismiss

Person wey go back go track the guy come kee am

Nigerian police are all the same abeg😠

2 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by seanwilliam(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good riddance

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by simfrost90210: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
smiley Wow.. this is commendable..

3 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by mariovito(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good one. Better than outright dismissal. with demotion,they may still be able to rein him in, but dismissal? That's free transfer of a formidable player to the opponent team(bandits, robbers, kidnappers, boko, iswap, ansaru etc)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Godfullsam(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
This is the best news I am reading today grin

I hope others will learn

5 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Nyanabo(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
Police no fit harass me like this go free. Especially when I'm within my right.

5 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Guyman01: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
That will teach him a lesson on how to be civil.
He should be posted to far north where he will have to travel 100km before he will see the nearest pepper soup and beer joint and that his pot belly will dry up in 2 months grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by fatherjesse(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good one!

1 Like

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Aust1n(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
But sincerely revamping the police force would have been better… This guys don’t care about their salary they make 10 time more in the street harassing innocent citizen.

7 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by simfrost90210: 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
naptu2:

But they dismissed officers recently and people complained that they shouldn't have been dismissed because that would create new armed robbers.

3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano
https://www.nairaland.com/7652051/3-policemen-dismissed-firing-shots

Shots fired🤣🤣🤣
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by ComptonGee: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
Chai! The NPF is finished. He couldn't even stand right. He pocketed his hand and smiled grin

7 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Ruthless70: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
This should serve as a lesson to policemen who abuse their power and disrespect the fundamental rights of the citizens that they are obliged to protect.

I'm happy the victim of the Policeman's brutality have gotten justice.

I hope the families of thousands of young men murdered by the notorious, now defunct, Awkuzu Sars get justice and closure soon.

Unfortunately it doesn't serve as deterrent to them.

1 Like

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Mode4: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
Demotion slap. hahahah. He exchanged his position for a slap.

4 Likes

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Godfullsam(m): 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
This should serve as a lesson to policemen who abuse their power and disrespect the fundamental rights of the citizens that they are obliged to protect.

I'm happy the victim of the Policeman's brutality have gotten justice.

Peter Obi have killed that matter long time ago.

Only miracle can bring justice to the victims.

I hope the families of thousands of young men murdered by the notorious, now defunct, Awkuzu Sars get justice and closure soon.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Atarakpa: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
Will the rest learn from this....the ans is no.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

24 Ways To Stay Out Of Trouble In Nigeria / Cultist Shot In The Head By Rival Gang In Akwa Ibom State. Graphic Photos / Two Nigerians Arrested In Thailand For Cocaine Production In Their House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.