Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,604 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" (19412 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Job? / How Do I Answer 'why Did You Leave Ur Former Job" Question?. Pls Help / Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by IyaTola: 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
One of the best ways to answer "Why do you want to leave your job?" in the interview room.

The trick here is to:

Speak positively about your previous job experience and workplace, and tie it to the new experience you hope to gain by joining the new company.

Can I tell you what that does for you?

🎯 It shows your value
🎯 It gives the hiring manager (HM) an insight to your previous role
🎯 It gives the HM the ability to understand how proactive you can be in any situation within your role

Now before you come for me and say "why should hiring managers be asking this type of question in 2023, I believe that this question has become redundant, yet we still have some HMs ask this question, it can be for any of these reasons:

📌It is sometimes genuinely out of curiosity
📌It can also be an avenue to help with the company's culture, especially for SMEs looking to grow
📌It gives the HM the opportunity to speak on your behalf just incase you are good fit for the role and the remuneration doesn't fit what is best for you.

So before you blast the HM, think about its beneficial purposes for you rather than the negative part of why "some" questions shouldn't be asked in 2023. 🤷🏾♀️

Feel free to adapt this method in answering the question. 💯

Goodluck!

*** As usual, I will put out this disclaimer: You are responsible for how you assimilate the content of this post and my content. Thank you. 😊

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by ManWater: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
Noted, but the true reason most times is for better pay. cool

9 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Dozie32(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
Una no dey do me well, am tired.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by ThatrealestApex: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
Educative

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by semasir: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
sad

Please visit my website to buy bulk SMS for as low as ₦2 - www.onenairasms.com also I run a blog to report news as stories.... Check out www.newstori.com.

Thanks
Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Neddyogu(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
Ok
Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by PHZADDY1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
I no do again.Thanks grin

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by joebeckz(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
Very simple. Just say

" I don tire!

Or ask the person interviewing you this

" oga with this kind of salary and working condition, if na you, you go do?

No sugar coat anything. cheesy grin grin

21 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by kenn4rill(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
Very insightful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Yada01(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
First give the new company scopes, let them know they are the best and your willingness to work with the best and to make impact

11 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Nwaotu10(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
I wan go bomb Asia, make Una no ves grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Jestin: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
It is over between us.I wan go start hook-up

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by penearth(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
Anything possibly to say states ur fact

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by thaSammie(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by GboyegaD(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
So true. Speaking ill of your current job speaks volume to who you are and how you would speak about their company in the near future.

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Kingpele(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
because I want to japa to Zimbabwe

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by ogkrakkid(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
grin
B your own boss.
No time for yes sir all the fucking time.
Big egos know this.

5 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by thaSammie(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
insightful

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by DeeBaDan: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
If you're willing to learn content writing. You can earn around 40-50k working from home. You can also combine it with regular 9-5 work hours should you get a job later

I have a 9-5 worker who writes for me and earns 80,000 Naira working from home

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by shadrach77: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Crap! Why couldn't you give an example? As in, an example of how such a question should be answered. That will benefit applicants more than all you wrote there cry

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Wizpa(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
grin
Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
Because I need your money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by abba09: 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
i wonder why people wants to quit thier jobs. i hate my job with all my heart but i cant quit if i do sapa will kill me

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by TheLoanGuy: 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
Simple answer:

Because of Career Growth.

"I believe it is time for me to take on more challenging roles, such as this one, which would help me grow in my career and move me closer towards attaining my career goals."

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by vision2050: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
With meagre salary grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by ogawisdom(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
Why won't I leave when they will pay better?
grin

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by famousguy01(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
but OP, you didn't even answer the question yourself. These are just guidelines i believe most professionals are quite aware of

5 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by bigsmoke2(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by bigsmoke2(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
The pay is decent but the environment in toxic. I work with bosses who look out for themselves at your expense. I'm considering quitting for sake of my sanity but fear of the unknown as kept me for a while.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Lionelbhass(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Official way to leave your job;
Sir or ma’am, I thank you for the opportunity and I appreciate the period of time I’ve spent with this organization, but I don’t see any future of me working with this organization anymore.
I think it’s time to move on.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by IyaTola: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
bigsmoke2:
The pay is decent but the environment in toxic. I work with bosses who look out for themselves at your expense. I'm considering quitting for sake of my sanity but fear of the unknown as kept me for a while.
Quit now

1 Like

Re: One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" by Freelancerr(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2023
The work tire me😂

Una no pay me well, so I de move
✌️

Kindly check my signature I do data entry jobs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interview Exposed-Some Of The Things You Need To Know Before & During Interview / Free Job Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers For Practice And Download / Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.