Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) (95154 Views)

Ghanaian Man Excited At Mansion His Brother Built For Him While He Was Abroad / See The House I Built For My Age Parents. / FOR SALE 2storey Building Consist Of 2nos 3bdrm/1nos Of 2bdrm@aguda Surulere 30m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by Iamicekid(m): 2:09am On Apr 21, 2023
emmaodet:

Instead of all these stress, why not just save for some years and just buy a building or apartment.
It saves alot of stress.
I don't know why we haven't cultivated the habit of buying apartments rather this one block today, two bags of cement tomorrow

Their is nothing wrong with that too but for my personal project I will prefer something I build on my own cause there will be designs on how I want my room, bathroom and some things to be, how big or small I want it, buying wont give u the luxury of that and also one need to be careful about all this apartment complex, most of this people use inferior products to build the house that’s what has been causing all this apartment collapses of recent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by olusegxz: 2:12am On Apr 21, 2023
Many parts of the storey no make sense i also think its a skit. She dey trend now sha. The loopholes 1. It was back in the day that you will be building house and they will be scamming you haba. Cant you video chat while there to see the progress. Have someone else go check. Pay auditors to go verify etc. You cannot just be sending money and crossing leg. 2. Even if one brother is scamming you, is the whole family scamming you. Are they all handicapped that they cant help you go check. 3. On the other though it may not be a skit. The brother may have genuienely been building the house but seems the builders who set the foundation scammed him. Thats swampy land people run from it. Plus she wants two storey?? On swampy land. The foundation alone will build three houses. No joke. Now they did sub standard foundation and now the house is sinking. They need to redo the foundation thats to destroy the building be dat all the money used in building so far gone. She should just sell it and learn.
eepeepook:
Looks like a skit.

2 Likes

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by AUSVINS(m): 2:13am On Apr 21, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Too much lies, over 40years.how old she be.lie too much.
She even still dey speak wana gana instead make she speak Igbo. When she go America wey she don spend 40years?
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by BeanX(m): 2:16am On Apr 21, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by thatigboman: 2:19am On Apr 21, 2023
ChineduAPC:

Provide proove......elluppee liars gang
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lee_Rigby agbado muncher
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by raphy(m): 2:31am On Apr 21, 2023
I can't send money to someone in Nigeria to help me do something I already knew tht they will scam me so I don't trust easily some may evil kill u or plan your kidnap when u come for holiday.
Be warn
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by IamPlato(m): 2:33am On Apr 21, 2023
UselessBuharist:
One of my parents sold my first house at roofing level, I got wind of it from a friend, I asked and I was further lied to. As if that was not enough dem pressure me to bring money for roofing for house wey dem don sell oo.

I made up my mind that i won’t send #1 for the purpose of that house again and they won’t know anything I do going forward.

2 yrs later I asked my sister to buy another land and start a project, I told her I’ll lodge you in a hotel near the project so that she can finish the project before going back home, I even beg her husband we agree oo she do am to roofing level her husband asked her to come back home. Na so them leave the house, 3 weeks later her husband tell me say dem see one very good land suitable for hostel make I come buy, rush rush I pay oo, they said I should just start the building project immediately, I ask my in-law can you handle it he said yes, na so I begin pump money oo, I give my in-law the job, he gave his friend the job and his friend gave a contractor. Dem chop me nor he small but I didn’t complain because the money dey then and I thought they were using the best materials only to come naija meet 21 cracks for house wey dem complete less than 2 months before I come naija. Before I come I don buy car for my brother in law, when I got to the house I was so disappointed right there I told my sister I will never talk to her again. I went and completed the one she was building before by myself. Long story short I sold the hostel last December the same day I bought another house with money I got from selling the hostel. The hostel was just there, nobody goes there to check, even the agent I gave to help me manage it dey do me anyhow.

Because I nor get anyone else to trust I went to my parents to help me build my living house… this one na another long story.

Me, my sister and her husband are cool now, she is even going to check the house I bought in December on Saturday. She has the documents to all my properties since wife never join but I tell her say if you hear say I close my eyes forever make sure everything goes to my son.

I be senior brother, I carry everything wey happen as part of life, I love my family
no vex but you na agba fool I swear. God forbid bad thing.

Your mumuness is on another level. Somebody like you na him them dey kill for nollywood movie
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by godofuck231: 2:38am On Apr 21, 2023
Igbo people and deceit , she should face her own life and let the family roast in the back hole they are living in , they feel the life in America is fun , thats what you get when a family is worthless, for them to play this on their own blood ,think of another unrelated person
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:43am On Apr 21, 2023
Obinna could have used her money to built his own Estate
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by LastProphet: 2:45am On Apr 21, 2023
UselessBuharist:
One of my parents sold my first house at roofing level, I got wind of it from a friend, I asked and I was further lied to. As if that was not enough dem pressure me to bring money for roofing for house wey dem don sell oo.

I made up my mind that i won’t send #1 for the purpose of that house again and they won’t know anything I do going forward.

2 yrs later I asked my sister to buy another land and start a project, I told her I’ll lodge you in a hotel near the project so that she can finish the project before going back home, I even beg her husband we agree oo she do am to roofing level her husband asked her to come back home. Na so them leave the house, 3 weeks later her husband tell me say dem see one very good land suitable for hostel make I come buy, rush rush I pay oo, they said I should just start the building project immediately, I ask my in-law can you handle it he said yes, na so I begin pump money oo, I give my in-law the job, he gave his friend the job and his friend gave a contractor. Dem chop me nor he small but I didn’t complain because the money dey then and I thought they were using the best materials only to come naija meet 21 cracks for house wey dem complete less than 2 months before I come naija. Before I come I don buy car for my brother in law, when I got to the house I was so disappointed right there I told my sister I will never talk to her again. I went and completed the one she was building before by myself. Long story short I sold the hostel last December the same day I bought another house with money I got from selling the hostel. The hostel was just there, nobody goes there to check, even the agent I gave to help me manage it dey do me anyhow.

Because I nor get anyone else to trust I went to my parents to help me build my living house… this one na another long story.

Me, my sister and her husband are cool now, she is even going to check the house I bought in December on Saturday. She has the documents to all my properties since wife never join but I tell her say if you hear say I close my eyes forever make sure everything goes to my son.

I be senior brother, I carry everything wey happen as part of life, I love my family

God will bless you for your spirit, family is everything. But your son you got secure him with lawyer and documents. Collect the documents from your sister later, tell her how a friend bla blah blah, let your lawyer collect the docs from her, do a will and put everybody you want to put, secure your son. Your sister might fail you again

2 Likes

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by sulakishop(m): 2:45am On Apr 21, 2023
When you can simply buy house
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by onuman: 2:51am On Apr 21, 2023
officialwdhtv:
American returnee in tears after she saw the "2Storey" building her brother built for her after 40years of living in the USA and sending money to him shocked shocked shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkKu4Zono5g

Even in today's WhatsApp age, she didn't see the building before returning to Nigeria. Doubts this for another Tiktok joke video.
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by 2016v2017: 2:57am On Apr 21, 2023
Ransomware:
Rule 1: Money and Family don't mix, like 2 dicks
Rule 2: A Nigerian will scam you, the level of scam may differ according to conscience but they will scam you
Rule 3: If you want to do something in Nigeria, do it yourself, all those in starch clothes circling you are not people they are vultures
Rule 4: Never lend anyone in Nigeria money. If you want to help simply give them the money and forget about it
Rule 5: Always know that all stories are exaggerated to get your sympathy and eventually fleece money from you.
Rule 6: Please know that this is an accepted way of life in Nigeria, so crying and wailing will not solve the problem. even your father will tell you to forgive and go hustle some more
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by odimbannamdi(m): 3:02am On Apr 21, 2023
davillian:
It takes Gods grace and luck...
I've handled couple of projects for my cus outside Nigeria but he gave me penny..
He brought another job I rejected forming busy he gave his sis that one sucked him dry.
He brought another one and I told him find out how much other people can do it for him and minus 40% and pay me 60% that I would do the job and he ran till today.
Sometimes those people there like to use people for free....

True. It goes both ways. My dad was extremely honest with my uncles overseas. Sometimes he even used his own money, not even mentioning the time spent, to supervise and clear their cars back then. He wasn't paid a dime for his services nor got most of his money. Most of them over there have scamming tendencies jare. They love to exploit people over here as well.

2 Likes

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by koolaid87: 3:02am On Apr 21, 2023
Watching the video, I was worried the whole place might collapsed on her.

See pillar like jon jones leg

Count your loss N block them off

1 Like

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by PROPEACE: 3:06am On Apr 21, 2023
OldSkoolHeadBoy:
You are the only one devoid of emotion and thinking straight here ! We already know that anyone having OBI as part of his name lies without a conscience, however I wish to know how much she has sent up to date before passing judgment on Obinna. Most of these people wey don loss for oyinboland would think $50,000 can buy them the whole of Nigeria without realising that is less than N35M at the most favourable exchange rate. This structure that I am looking at would have gulped nothing less than N50M.

The building is quite big, sinve she accused him in a video of embezzlement she should have said how much she gave him. The guy may not be the wicked brother she is accusing him of being.

1 Like

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by lexy2014: 3:08am On Apr 21, 2023
Ransomware:

Who have you given money in Nigeria unsupervised to build you a project? How did that turn out?

Come and update us when u have real life experience

Once more....exaggeration. or dont you know the meaning of the word when you used it?
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by Vic74real: 3:17am On Apr 21, 2023
Na waoh.So heartbreaking.But she shd have been coming to Naija from time to time to check nah.It must be that she didn't come home for a long time.I once handled a building in Uyo for an American-based guy.The guy was coming to look him house like 3 times every year
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by Graceful101: 3:28am On Apr 21, 2023
UselessBuharist:

I take God beg you with everything in life, find a lawyer whom will act as a trustee for your son. Make sure you do this. What we witness in Nigerian courts can make a grown man shed tears. Dont believe in that blood is thicker that water nonsense. Your son will SUFFER!

1 Like

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by jersy4: 3:41am On Apr 21, 2023
This experience cuts across all Africa.
Talk to Diaspora-Ghana.Kenya, Senegal e.t.c so so same story.

2 Likes

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by treatise: 3:42am On Apr 21, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Too much lies, over 40years.how old she be.lie too much.
41 grin
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by treatise: 3:43am On Apr 21, 2023
Vic74real:
Na waoh.So heartbreaking.But she shd have been coming to Naija from time to time to check nah.It must be that she didn't come home for a long time.I once handled a building in Uyo for an American-based guy.The guy was coming to look him house like 3 times every year
You know how much be flight ticket?
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by okrote4real: 3:45am On Apr 21, 2023
A English you dey speak. Na plaza Obinna wan build before. He don use your money groove so bad! Just sell everything and return to America and forget about them.
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by adeashaye(m): 3:49am On Apr 21, 2023
Elmojiid post=122629305[b:
]Family is over rated sometimes, some are good and some are bad if you come from a good family you're lucky no family is perfect[/b]

The good ones are few and far between. There are toxic people everywhere pinching you hard under the umbrella of FAMILY and accusing you of standing aloof. Gigantic stumbling blocks!

If this is not a skit, dear lady, sell the sketchy thing and get away for good.
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by sharone21(f): 3:51am On Apr 21, 2023
LastProphet:

God will bless you for your spirit, family is everything. But your son you got secure him with lawyer and documents. Collect the documents from your sister later, tell her how a friend bla blah blah, let your lawyer collect the docs from her, do a will and put everybody you want to put, secure your son. Your sister might fail you again

But the Lawyer shouldn't hold his landed documents even the will sef . 2e have seen cases where Lawyers are compromised and the family teams up with him.

I wonder why some people are angry with this guy's format when it is similar to Hakimi's( lol).... Trust family members especially hungry family members at your own peril. Father's side dey fall hand many times for Africa.

Any woman he will marry should be God fearing and accept his son... His documents should be inside his home not outside.... In some families, 8t is even the wife that keeps many important documents including marriage certificate etc
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by danowena: 3:52am On Apr 21, 2023
Jozilinn:
Abeg oga no vex but collect those documents from her,you should have learnt from this earlier get a lawyer to hold those for you for the sake of your son, family dey change oh even the most trusted....you sound pretty rich sir by now you should have known your son is an easy prey for selfish people, everyone wants to fight for their own and their children oh , besides you are the one doing yourself,like seriously your wife is in Nigeria and you are just giving money anyhow to people and exposing yourself,no matter anything your wife knows your son's interest is involved hmmm...No dey carry carry dey give try dey calm down life is too short,thank you sir and God bless you and your family.
The guy is lieing.

1 Like

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by Emmanuel909090: 3:59am On Apr 21, 2023
Pure wickedness
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by Emmanuel909090: 4:07am On Apr 21, 2023
Too bad.
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by LastProphet: 4:18am On Apr 21, 2023
sharone21:

But the Lawyer shouldn't hold his landed documents even the will sef . 2e have seen cases where Lawyers are compromised and the family teams up with him.

I wonder why some people are angry with this guy's format when it is similar to Hakimi's( lol).... Trust family members especially hungry family members at your own peril. Father's side dey fall hand many times for Africa.

Any woman he will marry should be God fearing and accept his son... His documents should be inside his home not outside.... In some families, 8t is even the wife that keeps many important documents including marriage certificate etc

Yes but what I observe is that most rich people forget their siblings too and that's what leads to some of this betrayals. If I have built 2 houses for myself, the third house I will build will be for any of my siblings that suffered with me, you can't be giving 100s of millions property documents to a wife you married after university meanwhile your siblings who drank garri with you still live in rented houses. This is the cause most times. I know many people like that their wife hold everything meanwhile their siblings zero. Don't forget your siblings some sacrificed for you in ways you might not even know. I delayed my admission to university because of other siblings before, but later you will hear one wife claiming she built the person.

1 Like

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by InvertedHammer: 4:19am On Apr 21, 2023
/

If only she has the contact number of Spyder880.

Oh well...

/

1 Like

Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by fredoooooo: 4:23am On Apr 21, 2023
Megabig:

You’ve been all over the place, wetin the guy do you bros
They're nonentities , they cry and insult whenever they don't have thier way ..
Re: US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) by DSoj(m): 4:30am On Apr 21, 2023
Thunder will kill the person saying its ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Construction Pictures Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow With A Pent House / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / Roofing sheets: Current prices of all roofing sheets in Nigeria 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.