Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road (22956 Views)

Best SUV For 1 Million Naira Budget? / What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? / Which Is Best SUV For Nigeria Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by inspiredm(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
2001 - 2007 Toyota Highlander

2002 - 2006 Honda CRV

2001 - 2005 Toyota RAV 4

2001 - 2006 Acura MDX

2001 - 2005 Lexus RX 300 - 330.

If the Car is for Your Mum, Stay on the Toyota Or Honda Lane, Any other Brand is a Long Thing for an Old mama.
wink
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2011
THE 2002 Toyota 4runner is as rugged and affordable as u want it.
u can also check out the 1998 toyota 4runner if u cant afford the 2002 model bt they would both definitely serve u well on nigerian roads
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by atasteve: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
blacksta:

Ol boy that Ride na monster - Had one in Port Harcourt for about couple of days

Unfortunately the SUV is for my mother - If it were me  i will surely be rocking it

I wouldn't want all those small boys toasting my mother  grin

Please does it mean that all those things that people are saying about Armada not being a good suv in terms of maintainace false?
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by aligwe07: 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
definitely a ranger rover but i guess what all of u are doin is toyota, the typical cheap nigerian car for every body, none of u can imagine what a rangerover can do, but wt do nigerians knw abt car, well anytin ur finance can afford will go for u
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by werepeLeri: 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2011
This is the best one - for the ugly Naija roads.

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by werepeLeri: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
This is what big boys ride.

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Osama10(m): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
werepeLeri:

This is the best one - for the ugly Naija roads.

grin grin grin
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by aligwe07: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2011
this is the best car for naija road, its not that expensive now, trust me, with a range rover, u will never get stuck,
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by pynkspyce: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
buy range rover, and u will see what your maintenance costs will be. Land cruiser if money is not an issue.
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by aligwe07: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2011
werepereli we dnt have such big boys in naija, dis car is too advance for naija, this car ws built to last for like 10 yrs, check it out, naija na toyota be their highest ohhhhhhhhhh ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Pennywise(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2011
werepeLeri:

This is what big boys ride.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/532259_301025_10150366396622216_755072215_10131628_7492525_n_jpgc983778434d40691b37922ebc5596dfd

I feel very sorry for those spoilers when the car makes contact with Nigerian pot holes. It will be an Instant take-down.
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by enochichan: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2011
try out 2008 hyundai santa fe. she will love it
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by aligwe07: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2011
toyota always tear and wear off ,a range rover just needs little maintanance, the car is just awesome, saftety very high, idnt wanna start boring u wit details but if u drive a rangerover n any other toyota then u will see what am talkin abt, nigerians love wit toyota can be equated with d new obssession for blackberry, truth
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by aligwe07: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
i bet u guys dis car is more than naija road, it ws meant to withstand shit check out this video then u will knw wat am takin abt, but if u no get money pls saty clear, use ur toyota

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by hackney(m): 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2011
This new range is killing me.
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by yashika(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2011
@^^^^ Abeg no die ohh. Try and get one b4 it kills u. lol
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2011
1) Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon.
2) Nissan Pathfinder.
3) Nissan Xterra.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by MMM2(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2011
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by sultaan(m): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2011
You have to consider how long you mother will drive the truck before armed robbers come for it; if you are buying honda/toyota. Mitsubishi on the other hand is not in their sight.Very reliable and way cheaper than honda/toyota, a true off road champ going by dakar rally wins for mitsubishi.

Ford Edge is best for effects and its more of a crossover so the ride is car-like no armed robber will bother you until the market heats up it good to have a unique car they If I can afford Edge in Naija I will use it.

FYI the term SUV and fuel economy can't be used together 3.8l engine is adequate for midsize SUVs anything less than a 3.5 is usually used in compact SUVs(RAV,CRV)

Pathfinder Armada is a bad idea if you have concern about fuel.

Your option if fuel is a concern should be Outlander, Escape, tribute, and Liberty

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
volkswagen beetle
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2011
I am about to ship in 2007 Chrysler Aspen 5.7 liter Hemi V8. Is this a good idea? I like the sound of the hemi engine. I am also considering 20o7 Dodge Durango Hemi.
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by werepeLeri: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2011
I want to be the first to ride that Range in Naija.
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
Ford Expedition or Mitsubishi Montero. These two are nice cars and don't swallow a lot of fuel and they both have large fuel tanks.

Source(s): From Experience.
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by fesdo(m): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
AUDI Q7 WILL BE GOOD FOR HER, SHE DESERVE THE POWERHOUSE AND LUXURY
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by donugapi(m): 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
Am suprised that nobody mentioned the Prado, Most rugged car ever, made for naija, very very low maintenance and highly reliable, Wallahi if to say i get money, na Prado mehn, for now make i dey enjoy my jallopie
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by sultaan(m): 11:59pm On Sep 23, 2011
Prado not sold in US only 4Runner and Highlander, you have to understand that a lot of used cars shipped to naija have questionable past, all the flooded cars in the US recently were not scrapped but salvaged. Most of the problems experience with toks were either created by mechanic or pre-existing Keep to cars you can drive daily without looking behind your back
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 24, 2011
In light of Boko haram and the messed up roads, i would recommend an armored tank!
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by abiamahart: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2011
@Lawyer
Might not agree here. My friend's Armada had gear box problem and he was told to ship in the toks is N1M while the new one is closer to N2M. Check am now if backsta give im mama this additional pepe for fuel or how will mama cope with this should the same fate befall her. Na Iwealla she go call or Ladipo guys?
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by ceaser: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2011
How 'bout this. It's has about the best fuel economy I've come across, green and nature friendly. It actually runs on alternative fuel - C-OH. Carbohydrate I mean to say. Mileage is around 200kcal per km with zero emission. Ground clearance - the best.
Human intelligent stability control (HISC).
Options of between Human-4 (V4) to about H20 (V20) - so much power in that machine.
Can also upgrade to 4 seater from the 1 seater in the picture.
Fully customizable.
Seriously affordable and well within your budget.

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by ceaser: 8:28am On Sep 24, 2011
ceaser:

How 'bout this. It's has about the best fuel economy I've come across, green and nature friendly. It actually runs on alternative fuel - C-OH. Carbohydrate I mean to say. Mileage is around 200kcal per km with zero emission. Ground clearance - the best.
Human intelligent stability control (HISC).
Options of between Human-4 (V4) to about H20 (V20) - so much power in that machine.
Can also upgrade to 4 seater from the 1 seater in the picture.
Fully customizable.
Seriously affordable and well within your budget.
Lol. It's called the Humm-an H20 2009 limited edition.
Seriously though, I'll second bfire's comment. I have some affinity for that highlander and is of the opinion that within reasonable budget limit, it'll give your mum a trouble free session, in terms of maintenance, guys' disturbance and attention from the bros-es (Men of the underworld). All da best man.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by Joagbaje(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2011
I recommend jeep wrangler ,it's all terrain . Best off road vehicle in my estimation. It is said that the only place wrangler can't get to it's only an helicopter that can get you there.
[img]http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/undefined[/img]
Re: Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road by blacksta(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

I recommend jeep wrangler ,it's all terrain . Best off road vehicle in my estimation. It is said that the only place wrangler can't get to it's only an helicopter that can get you there.
[img]http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/undefined[/img]

Lol do you use a wrangler in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / FRSC Impounds An Overloaded Bus (Photos) / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.