Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,205 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay (25887 Views)

Be Careful Twitter Begins Forcefully Actuality Checking Tweets Connecting 5G To / "Itel S15 Pro: For Phone Users Who Take A Lot Of Selfies" (Pictures) / For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by KoolBigk(m): 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
HonNL:
This time it’s for real.

SOURCE

At first, Musk was just clout chasing but Jack took it serious and threatened to sue for billions $$$.
Musk as a wise business man proceeded with the purchase rather than paying-out billions of $$$ in court settlement hence his harsh method of generating back the buying cost and/or make money off the app.

His action would make all other apps follow suits as they've never thought of generating money via this channel before now.

Musk is an aggressive investor that just wanna double up without sending anybody papa.

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by blowjohn(m): 10:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
Dude spent 44 billion dollars on an app
44 billion us dollars

If na me buy Twitter
I will charge 700$ per day for blue tick

Money wey e for use buy banks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by sharone21(f): 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
Seems twitter is suspending some accounts.
Left with people like me, FBK, instagram, whatsapp is okay.... Twitter format previously was so unappealing to me, even later when they adjusted itself just that our Naija government parastatals and some companies use it a lot .... Once I see same parastatals verified bkye ticked pages on the other social media I like, I jump into using them.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by faithfull18(f): 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
Interesting, no time
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by iamjavadem(m): 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
Because it's you that will help him to pay the staff and make the investors happy. Small boi.
2aces:
Elon the mad billionaire, no wonder they say, it's a thin line between genius and madness.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Tabletuner(m): 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

A fine is a tax for doing badly.
A tax is a fine for doing good.

cool

Meaning this life is balanced.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Philanderboy(m): 11:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Ok naa..

What about his STARSHIP Project.??
That one don crashed oo

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by survival1(m): 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2023
The downside of this is that anybody can create an handle, pay the money and get the handle verified. Some criminal elements can easily create handles of big brands, get it verified and use it to defraud innocent people or pass misinformation.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Teeroyzimma: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
survival1:
The downside of this is that anybody can create an handle, pay the money and get the handle verified. Some criminal elements can easily create handles of big brands, get it verified and use it to defraud innocent people or pass misinformation.
true
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by solexzy: 11:57pm On Apr 20, 2023
Just in..
Twitter have removed Ronaldo blue tick sad
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by SReporters: 12:30am On Apr 21, 2023
What App can one use to pay for Twitter?
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by silento(m): 12:30am On Apr 21, 2023
survival1:

Sorry but it doesn't work that way, you have to verify u are who u said you are then paid for the badge to stand out

U can't open account like buhari and want to get blue badge it will not work

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Rexnegro(m): 12:32am On Apr 21, 2023
Asabe4:
Musk no send anybody cheesy

He just wants to make money
To do what exactly with ?
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by BeanX(m): 2:21am On Apr 21, 2023
AImiron:
Enisa tag was removed, she reacts lol
She should pay and get it back, shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by 2016v2017: 2:54am On Apr 21, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

A tax is a fine for doing good..

cool
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Bfly: 3:06am On Apr 21, 2023
Elon no even get regard for any bagga, but if those celebs refuse to pay in unison, the blue bird might lose its spice.

Gosh, you can't fight the blue bird. ¥

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by highoctane: 5:31am On Apr 21, 2023
nony43:
They are us £11, why charging us £11 and US $11?
Please £8 per month
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by nony43(m): 5:38am On Apr 21, 2023
highoctane:

Please £8 per month

Mine is £11
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by ebiye55(m): 6:21am On Apr 21, 2023
Davido affected
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by FantasyWolf(m): 6:26am On Apr 21, 2023
If they really need their accounts to show verified then they should pay the fees...
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by twosquare(m): 6:33am On Apr 21, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
true
Not true, there is a check in place.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by folake4u(f): 6:37am On Apr 21, 2023
My friend got stripped of his blue tick badge also.

I think this is the time many Yahoo guys will cash out from impersonating high profile individuals or organizations if they don't act quickly.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Femi8586(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2023
folake4u:
My friend got stripped of his blue tick badge also.

I think this is the time many Yahoo guys will cash out from impersonating high profile individuals or organizations if they don't act quickly.

Elon never wanted to buy Twitter, they deceived him to signing agreement to purchase it. When he discovered the value of the platform was inflated more than its actual worth(10billion$ instead of 44billion$), he decided to back out.

Twitter owners took him to court for breach of agreement and forced him to either buy at 44b or give them billions of dollars in court as settlement. Elon took loans from the bank and was forced to buy Twitter

He needs money to run the platform affairs and also needs to pay back his loan. So Elon monetizing his investment is justified.

Those complaining of blue tick removal now mocked him when he was being forced to buy overpriced goods

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by linearity: 7:00am On Apr 21, 2023
The Twitter blue essentially have no meaning now, they no longer even verify anyone.

So you essentially have a blue tick to show you are shelling out $8 each month, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Femi8586(m): 7:01am On Apr 21, 2023
survival1:

True. But nevertheless, it is his platform and he can do whatever he wants with it. They can't sue him.

They either pay or take a walk. Elon took loans(incurred debts) when he was forced to buy Twitter. People mocked him.

Now he's trying to get his money back by monetizing his investment, they are ganging up against him.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Benwallt(m): 7:04am On Apr 21, 2023
So, Pandora can't afford blue tick. Let his headless mob do GoFundMe for him Na. Disgrace just keep pulling up for him.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Reelmii: 7:05am On Apr 21, 2023
UgoFly:
Peter Obi no go give am shi shi.
then e go remove the tag na,, Elon no send anybody papa o grin
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Femi8586(m): 7:06am On Apr 21, 2023
micellgevity:
I forsee a rival app that will overtake Twitter because of this madness. Tick my foot.

No other platforms can rival Twitter and win easily. At least, for now. No one.
If there were options, they would have quickly converge there..

Elon knew this too so he's taking a calculated risk. They either pay, or continue using the platform without check marks or leave permanently.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by linearity: 7:07am On Apr 21, 2023
Femi8586:

Elon never wanted to buy Twitter, they deceived him to signing agreement to purchase it. When he discovered the value of the platform was inflated more than its actual worth(10billion$ instead of 44billion$), he decided to back out.

Twitter owners took him to court for breach of agreement and forced him to either buy at 44b or give them billions of dollars in court as settlement. Elon took loans from the bank and was forced to buy Twitter

He needs money to run the platform affairs and also needs to pay back his loan. So Elon monetizing his investment is justified.

Those complaining of blue tick removal now mocked him when he was being forced to buy overpriced goods

No body deceived him, he signed the agreement with his two eyes open and refused to do his due diligence.

If anything, it was his egos that deceived him and his loud mouth, he shouldn’t have signed the agreement, but his egos and prior utterances of buying Twitter got in the way, so he signed to save his ego despite warnings telling him otherwise.

He will eventually have to divest himself from Twitter, cut his loses and run. Twitter is not profitable and it is drag on his profitable Tesla brand.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by pressplay411(m): 7:08am On Apr 21, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

A tax is a fine for doing good..

cool

Thanks for this.
Determined by our stance with the law.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Femi8586(m): 7:12am On Apr 21, 2023
linearity:

No body deceived him, he signed the agreement with his two eyes open and refused to do his due diligence.

If anything, it was his egos that deceived him and his loud mouth, he shouldn’t have signed the agreement, but his egos and prior utterances of buying Twitter got in the way, so he signed to save his ego despite warnings telling him otherwise.

He will eventually have to divest himself from Twitter, cut his loses and run. Twitter is not profitable and it is drag on his profitable Tesla brand.

In the end, it's either they pay or take a walk.

Two categories of people are not happy with his take takeover of Twitter.
1. Those who were enjoying the blue tick freely before
2. The LGBTQIOPGNM+ etc people (Dem leftist)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Lost My Huawei Y9 Prime In Tricycle This Afternoon / How Much Influencers Earn On Social Media / iPhone 6 (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.