Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay (25888 Views)

Be Careful Twitter Begins Forcefully Actuality Checking Tweets Connecting 5G To / "Itel S15 Pro: For Phone Users Who Take A Lot Of Selfies" (Pictures) / For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by folake4u(f): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2023
Femi8586:

Elon never wanted to buy Twitter, they deceived him to signing agreement to purchase it. When he discovered the value of the platform was inflated more than its actual worth(10billion$ instead of 44billion$), he decided to back out.

Twitter owners took him to court for breach of agreement and forced him to either buy at 44b or give them billions of dollars in court as settlement. Elon took loans from the bank and was forced to buy Twitter

He needs money to run the platform affairs and also needs to pay back his loan. So Elon monetizing his investment is justified.

Those complaining of blue tick removal now mocked him when he was being forced to buy overpriced goods

Yeah yeah. I know the facts of the case.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by AfahaAbia(m): 7:35am On Apr 21, 2023
Davido bluetick has been removed
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by GloriousGbola: 7:44am On Apr 21, 2023
Femi8586:

Elon never wanted to buy Twitter, they deceived him to signing agreement to purchase it. When he discovered the value of the platform was inflated more than its actual worth(10billion$ instead of 44billion$), he decided to back out.

Twitter owners took him to court for breach of agreement and forced him to either buy at 44b or give them billions of dollars in court as settlement. Elon took loans from the bank and was forced to buy Twitter

He needs money to run the platform affairs and also needs to pay back his loan. So Elon monetizing his investment is justified.

Those complaining of blue tick removal now mocked him when he was being forced to buy overpriced goods

It goes beyond that. Twitter has never turned a profit in its years of existence . Effectively the company has been 'incubating' all this while. Plenty of buzz, plenty of engagement, but no actual profit. The original investors have thanks to the stock pricing, made their money back and cashed out.

Now Elon with either have to make the company profitable, or turn out the lights.

Elon has floated this payment for verification before now. I have read discussions about moving to alternative platforms. This has not happened. The only successful twitter clone I can think of is koo and that is a different story. Far righters created parler and it flopped. The influencer gang and their followers are stuck with twitter.

No guarantee that an existing twitter star/celeb can move to a new platform and replicate their following

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by pikechukwu6(m): 7:50am On Apr 21, 2023
I will put my own back if he removes it undecided
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by busybay: 7:51am On Apr 21, 2023
You can lieee. Trump TRUTH SOCIAL is making waves in the US
Sucre6:
grin I love this, elon musk is a mad genius and a good business man, j would have done same if I was in his shoes, don't worry they would all come back to pay after running, a social media interaction app that can comfortably replace twitter never come, goan as Trump, he made mouth that he was going to create his own platform when he got bañned on twitter, up till now , nothing, they unbanned the werey not quit long, he was so happy and thankful 😂😂😂 , twitter no be your mate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Kaido: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2023
Sucre6:
grin I love this, elon musk is a mad genius and a good business man, j would have done same if I was in his shoes, don't worry they would all come back to pay after running, a social media interaction app that can comfortably replace twitter never come, goan as Trump, he made mouth that he was going to create his own platform when he got bañned on twitter, up till now , nothing, they unbanned the werey not quit long, he was so happy and thankful 😂😂😂 , twitter no be your mate
I don't think he has made any tweet since he was unbanned.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Sucre6: 8:05am On Apr 21, 2023
busybay:

I can confirm to you that Trump social isn't making any waves, my twitter is world wide not just Nigerian restricted, I see what's trending all over the world, and never a day did trump social trend

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Omoapena(m): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2023
nony43:
They are us £11, why charging us £11 and US $11?

Dollar to pounds isn't much different

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by busybay: 8:22am On Apr 21, 2023
Do you know how many users wey dey Truth Social?
Sucre6:

I can confirm to you that Trump social isn't making any waves, my twitter is world wide not just Nigerian restricted, I see what's trending all over the world, and never a day did trump social trend
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by MikeMicheal(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2023
survival1:
The downside of this is that anybody can create an handle, pay the money and get the handle verified. Some criminal elements can easily create handles of big brands, get it verified and use it to defraud innocent people or pass misinformation.
You will still pass through the usual bluetick authentication process, before payment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Bananapill: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
They stay but no blue tick. Blue tick will now come with special benefits unlike before. LeBron James and co want it free but at the expense of Musk who got a bank loan to buy and run twitter. That is what is not reasonable and fair.

Did Elon Musk buy twitter because of blue tick? I want to believe the bulk of the people without the tick gives him more money.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Sucre6: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2023
busybay:
Do you know how many users wey dey Truth Social?

Are u one of them?
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by XAUBulls: 9:12am On Apr 21, 2023
HonNL:
This time it’s for real.

SOURCE
We'll see how things pan out down the road for Elon's new Twitter business model.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by XAUBulls: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2023
Femi8586:

Indeed... Elon should have done
proper due diligence and company valuation before indicating interest in the loss-making Twitter business model.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Kobicove(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2023
XAUBulls:

Indeed... Elon should have done
proper due diligence and company valuation before indicating interest in the loss-making Twitter business model.

Serves him right, the man has an over-bloated ego and likes to talk and make pronouncements without first thinking of the implications.

Elon Musk is the equivalent of a typical road side trader in Nigeria who just suddenly got rich but does not have the polish that is acquired when moving up the ranks in a well structured corporate organisation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by KoolBigk(m): 10:20am On Apr 21, 2023
Femi8586:

True. But nevertheless, it is his platform and he can do whatever he wants with it. They can't sue him.

They either pay or take a walk. Elon took loans(incurred debts) when he was forced to buy Twitter. People mocked him.

Now he's trying to get his money back by monetizing his investment, they are ganging up against him.

Musk used his mouth to wrote a check his butt couldn’t cash.
No one forced out of no where to come buy it. He used his own mouth to clout chased and Jack used the opportunity to looped him in hence the necessity to buy it at all cost.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by XAUBulls: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2023
Kobicove:

Serves him right, the man has an over-bloated ego and likes to talk and make pronouncements without first thinking of the implications.

Elon Musk is the equivalent of a typical road side trader in Nigeria who just suddenly got rich but does not have the polish that is acquired when moving up the ranks in a well structured corporate
organisation
Lol... grin

Indeed... This is what I don't like about Elon. He can be very impulsive and his tweets have done a lot of damage to his net-worth as well making him fall from the number one spot on the Forbes Billionaire Index. Only Donald Trump's tweets come close in terms of damaging effects.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Kobicove(m): 10:22am On Apr 21, 2023
Femi8586:

It was his big mouth that got him into trouble!

When negotiations are on-going for such a big ticket transaction you don't disclose it to the publich until all due diligences RE concluded and the parties concerned still decide to go and with the deal.

Instead the lousy-mouth uncouth money miss road paper billionaire went and started broadcasting the news to the public.

When the results of the due diligence came out and he saw that the company was not as financially sound as thought he wanted to turn tail and back out of the deal but Twitter management activated a clause in the agreement which forced him to either proceed with the purchase or pay a heavy penalty...there was no way they could have let him walk away because his little stunt had already done some damage to the valuation and public perception of the company!
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by KoolBigk(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2023
busybay:

In which US ? More reasons why it won’t even make any waves is cos trump himself politicalized on arrival.
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Cutehector(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2023
FalseProphet1:

I see Twitter banning Nigerian politicians.

This I have seen.
lmao.. Esp tinubu and that goat Adamu garba

1 Like

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by FalseProphet1(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2023
Cutehector:
lmao.. Esp tinubu and that goat Adamu garba
Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by Truthshscrazy: 11:07am On Apr 21, 2023
blowjohn:

Money wey e for use buy banks
shocked
Re: Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay by FIZZBEE: 11:09am On Apr 21, 2023
Asabe4:
Musk no send anybody cheesy

He just wants to make money
E no easy, musk really needs money like madt, nigga just ctash $3billion spaceship days ago, he needs to recover

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Lost My Huawei Y9 Prime In Tricycle This Afternoon / How Much Influencers Earn On Social Media / iPhone 6 (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.