Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari (14054 Views)

2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Government – President Buhari / Nigeria’s Insecurity: I Won’t Resign, Saboteurs After My Govt – Buhari To Elders / My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by adenigga(m): 3:23am On Apr 21, 2023
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), late Thursday, in Abuja, described the 2023 general election as “one of the proudest achievements” of his regime.

He added that the electoral reforms occasioned by the signing of the Electoral Act (2022) created a level playing field for all contestants regardless of party affiliation.

Consequently, Buhari urged Muslims to embody tolerance going forward as one of the lessons learned from the Ramadan fast.

According to a statement signed late Thursday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, Buhari said this in his message to the Muslim Ummah nationwide on the occasion of the Eid-el-Fitri celebrations to mark the end of the 30-day Ramadan fasting season.

“The 2023 general election will go down on record as one of the proudest achievements of my administration in addition to our neutrality in the conduct of the elections,” he said in the statement titled Sallah Message: President Buhari hails peaceful elections, calls on citizens to work harder towards tolerance.’

The President explained that “the outcomes of the elections were in line with my pledge to leave a legacy of free and fair elections.”

“I’m proud that I have created a level playing field for all contestants regardless of party affiliation in order to produce a fair outcome for all.

“Free and fair elections are the only principles that give credibility to our democracy, because the subversion of the will of the people undermines democracy itself.

“The elections were so transparent that even members of my own party were routed and unseated. At no point did I interfere with the process in order to give unfair advantage to anyone,” he added.

On the Ramadan fast, Buhari congratulated Muslims on successfully completing this demanding spiritual obligation.

While praying to Allah to reward the Muslims for their sacrifices during the fasting season, he advised that “we shouldn’t forget the important lessons of the Ramadan which includes improving our bond with the underprivileged and poor members of society.”

According to him, “abstention from food and drinks during the fasting period had made it possible for us to appreciate the situation of those who go without eating everyday.”
Source: https://punchng.com/2023-elections-proudest-achievement-of-my-govt-Buhari

22 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Creamypie(m): 3:31am On Apr 21, 2023
Baba buhari no make this statement. We have been stationary since 2015. This class of 1960 in millitary and them wahalla no wan leave the scene

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Megabig: 4:03am On Apr 21, 2023
Do God really punish the wicked Abi it’s all fake? Cos God suppose punish this gap toothed blood sucker

206 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Houseontherock1: 4:07am On Apr 21, 2023
Just hand over and rest... let's move on!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by EraseTheDot: 4:15am On Apr 21, 2023
For the very first time in 8yrs, Obi diots were so proud of Buhari that they cherished him more than Ojukwu, from naira scarcity to deployment of soldiers to Lagos, selected caimpaign appearances on APC caimpaign, even at the rumours of Mahmood's puported sacking, Obi diots went to town defending Mahmood. When Buhari gave protection to Emefiele amidst DSS brouhaha, Obi diots were very excited Buhari could do no wrong, it was as if Buhari was never again Jubril al sudani, while they also got more friendly to the Fulanis than their SS neighbors. But God is a God of righteousness, he abhors hypocrisy, so he sent the spirit of deception and gullibility into their midsts, he gave them pride in their own foolery and in the end, God reduced them to tears and exalts Asiwaju Tinubu on the throne in the presence of his enemies. A child born on this date will be 8yrs old while they keep wailing, the child will be 16 years at the end of Shettima's Presidency and Obi diots would have become old wailing.

-erase the dot

168 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by FairlyUSEDpussy: 4:24am On Apr 21, 2023
LoL......
Buhari nah valuwence comrade......

Tot someone who came distant 3rd......said it wasn't nah........

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by neyop85(m): 4:40am On Apr 21, 2023
This election is the most transparent since 1993. Losers will definitely feel aggrieved but the truth is the truth, we must give it to Buhari.
Yes, we had skirmishes here and there but they are in no way enough to undermine this election. Some people from a particular section of the country have tried to pick-up on this minute issues, they have overblown them to paint a picture of a bad election or stolen mandate. The people who are true to themselves know better, Nigeria is indeed moving on to greatness.
Congratulations Buhari, congratulations president elect Tinubu and congratulations to Nigerians. If you no like am, tear your passport.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Chuksyno(m): 4:44am On Apr 21, 2023
Behold the greatest achiever. Only in Nigeria's government could FAILURE means achievement.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by oz4real83(m): 5:24am On Apr 21, 2023
This is coming from somebody that just finished fasting and visiting the "holy Land" shocked shocked. There are times this man speaks when the wisest thing would have been silence embarassed

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by DMerciful(m): 5:30am On Apr 21, 2023
Many atimes I see Bubu as someone that is unaware of his surroundings. How do you explain this frequent disconnection from reality?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Vivianat(f): 6:59am On Apr 21, 2023
President Buhari GCFR posterity will be kind to you. Thanks for your efforts at election sanity. It is really commendable. We patriotic Nigerians wishes you happy retirement.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Racoon(m): 7:02am On Apr 21, 2023
Always disconnected from reality. Many people should by now agree that Buhari is a clone human. A failure always glorifying his failures.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Vivianat(f): 7:09am On Apr 21, 2023
Racoon:
A failure always glorifying his failures.
Too early to wail about your self imposed misfortunes

310 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Godjone(m): 7:23am On Apr 21, 2023
This useless malam that even his people in katsina nearly stoned to death. A misfit and the destroyer of Nigeria for eight years. Thunder locate buhari before May 29th ameen

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Racoon(m): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2023
Vivianat:
Too early to wail about your self imposed misfortunes
"What the rhetoric intentionally hopes to conceal, more than anything, is the nakedly transparent facts of the proven incapacity of the APC to govern and reform Nigeria after nearly seven years in power.In every imaginable index of human development, Nigeria has retrogressed under the lumbering weight of the incompetence of the APC.

"..The truth is President Buhari finds running Nigeria a drudgery. He enjoys the perks of the office, but not the hard graft, not the toil. Look at the problems: insecurity, poverty, corruption, cost of governance, debt, etc.

Buhari is unlikely to leave any of these better than he met it in 2015. And because he lacks the zeal for big, nation-transforming ideas, he would also leave Nigeria’s deeply-flawed politico-governance structure more skewed, and Nigeria’s unity and stability more fragile.

The list is endless. No decent country on earth would reward the gang of incompetent know-nothings who presided over such an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction of a country with continuity in governance.

Of course, Buhari’s acolytes won’t see things that way. In a country where myopic and vested interests override the national interest, and where mediocrity is tolerated and celebrated, Buhari’s supporters are praising him to high heaven!..."
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/buhari-at-79-a-man-given-so-much-who-gives-so-little-back

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by dahmie2013: 7:27am On Apr 21, 2023
neyop85:
This election is the most transparent since 1993. Losers will definitely feel aggrieved but the truth is the truth, we must give it to Buhari.
Yes, we had skirmishes here and but they are in no way enough to undermine this election. Some people from a particular section of the country have tried to pick-up on these minute issues, they have overblown them to paint a picture of a bad election or stolen mandate. The people who are true to themselves no better, Nigeria is indeed moving on to greatness.
Congratulations Buhari, congratulations president elect Tinubu and congratulations to Nigerians. If you no like am, tear your passport.
Exactly

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 21, 2023
EraseTheDot:
For the very first time in 8yrs, Obi diots were so proud of Buhari that they cherished him more than Ojukwu, from naira scarcity to deployment of soldiers to Lagos, selected caimpaign appearances on APC caimpaign, even at the rumours of Mahmood's puported sacking, Obi diots went to town defending Mahmood. When Buhari gave protection to Emefiele amidst DSS brouhaha, Obi diots were very excited Buhari could do no wrong, it was as if Buhari was never again Jubril al sudani, while they also got more friendly to the Fulanis than their SS neighbors. But God is a God of righteousness, he abhors hypocrisy, so he sent the spirit of deception and gullibility into their midsts, he gave them pride in their own foolery and in the end, God reduced them to tears and exalts Asiwaju Tinubu on the throne in the presence of his enemies. A child born on this date will be 8yrs old while they keep wailing, the child will be 16 years at the end of Shettima's Presidency and Obi diots would have become old wailing.

-erase the dot

Continue, keep exalting destruction.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by omowolewa: 7:35am On Apr 21, 2023
True, that's why they are shopping for technicalities

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by VinnyBaba: 7:59am On Apr 21, 2023
This IMPOSTER Buhari should plz STFU. angry

He is NOT the Real Buhari and most APC Govs Chieftains know this. undecided

If not, What gave El-Rufai and Ganduje the Guts to dare 'him' in the Naira Redesign wahala? shocked

What Gave Tinubu the LIVER to Attack Aso Rock B4 APC presidential primaries?

Tinubu was AFRAID of the Real Buhari and would NOT have Dared to contest for APC Primaries if He was alive.😒

God will Surely Punish APC for Deceiving Nigerians! 😏

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 8:02am On Apr 21, 2023
Worst president in the history of Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2023
If a lizard falls from a tree and looks left and right and nobody praises it,it will praise itself.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2023
This guy is obviously a sociopath.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Boyooosa(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2023
Yes, clearly, he's saying the truth.

The reflection is the state of our security and economy...those ones are actually worse

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by siraj1402(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2023
Yeah
Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by abdullahi45: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2023
F

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by Emmastan291: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2023
This is very Laughable....It is disgraceful and shameful....

Otilor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by shegzhkn: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2023
Lol, Trump was right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by udemzyudex(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2023
The joke is in you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by FxMasterz: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2023
Creamypie:
Baba buhari no make this statement. We have been stationary since 2015
Abi we have been reversing since 2015.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by idonhammer: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2023
Idiot

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari by nazicartel(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2023
This one don drink fura this morning. He has nothing to offer on a serious note. 29th should come so he can go back to Kaduna . No he's going back to Daura because of security issues in Kaduna... Even the Daura is not sure for him. I think he has a house in Abj, so he will stay in Abj after his tenure. The man is a big disappointment

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun 2018: Senator Adeleke, Extends Hand OF FELLOWSHIP TO ALL CONTESTANTS / Obasanjo’s Strength Lies In Just Talking, Can't Give Atiku Votes –Tony Momoh / Ebonyi PDP Seeks Buhari’s Intervention On Umahi's "Fatwa Declaration"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.