Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA (5517 Views)

2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA / 65% Of Containers From Abroad End Up In Southeast — NIWA / Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by horsepower102: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

The more the dollar goes up, the more the Aba made products replace the imported products. At the end Nigerians will start to depend on purely Nigeria made from Onitsha and Aba. The market and Nigeria's economy will fall back to the Igbos again.

You sound like an economist. What you said above is very true about dollar.

2 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 9:27am On Apr 21, 2023
NapoleonHill:

grin grin grin

To start with, how is it Yorubas who refused to give Igbos a port? Is that not some elite level ownership of Nigeria you're accruing to us?

This is one of the issues. You blame us for everything you cannot have. Yorubas didn't let Igbos go, Yoruba didn't give Igbos ports, we didn't do this or that. Which kind wahala be this? grin grin grin

Fulani has been in power for 8 years, before then was the Ijaws for 6 year. How in the world is Yoruba not giving Igbos a port? Una dey okay so?

Foreigners come in to marry your sisters, and so? Other SSern regions are getting foreigners to invest in their land, your own achievement is when they pick your women every weekend? Which other state doesn't see that happen? Rest, please.

And that's not to say foreigners will prefer to fly directly into those zones because their headquarters are all in Lagos.

Let's set the record straight here. We're not getting any hate except from our noisy neighbors but we also know how to handle them. We're largely at peace with everyone else. That your narrative won't fly. If at all, it's the other way.

We are also aware that we're the next target of propaganda after the Fulani but you know us. We have representation everywhere. It won't fly.

MM Airport in Lagos is for FG. Let the FG open one in the SS and SE and see what will happen to Lagos. Ur Lagos is depending on what past FG had done, U are bragging with what FG has done. It's not Yoruba people that made the Airport it's Nigeria and it's the oil money. So Yoruba stop bragging, una nor get anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Obaaderemi2: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

MM Airport in Lagos is for FG. Let the FG open one in the SS and SE and see what will happen to Lagos. Ur Lagos is depending on what past FG had done, U are bragging with what FG has done. It's not Yoruba people that made the Airport it's Nigeria and it's the oil money. So Yoruba stop bragging, una nor get anything.
So who built the Port Harcourt International Airport? The port Harcourt International Airport served over 1 million passengers last year alone. Stop saying things you don't know.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Obaaderemi2: 9:36am On Apr 21, 2023
And how can any sane person believe that 65% of containers coming into Nigeria end up in the East? Where is the chart or data to support that? So only 35% goes to the west, ss and north? Dey play.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 9:37am On Apr 21, 2023
NapoleonHill:

We'd enjoy this ride for 8 years. They are their own problem. Look at all the HQs of the O&G in SS. They all ran to Lagos. Community will not let them rest. They will be using them to chop everyday.

The functioning port in Onne is a scary zone for most of them. Community will rip off and still steal from them.

It's only in the SW that many of these companies have peace. I've been to most of these states.

The Agbero in Lagos are playing beside the ones on Onisha. Those one will even tax traders who are loading their goods into the vehicle. If you're not careful, they will rob and steal from you.

You now see the one claiming Edo. That one is the butt of a bad joke.

Don't mind the fools.

I remember 2016 when I was serving in rivers state. There is a place called DR Junction, very long and bad road inside a city Portharcourt, the place is closed to shell resident for their staffs.

One man there told me when shell wanted to construct that road, the community asked shell to pay 10m before they can construct the road.

Imagine a road that a company wants to use their money to construct o and will benefit all of them, they were asking money.

Shell just left the road, build a fence that is high that you can't see their resident and use another route as entrance.

I know the mum's here will blame yorubas for that too lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
And how can any sane person believe that 65% of containers coming into Nigeria end up in the East? Where is the chart or data to support that? So only 35% goes to the west, ss and north? Dey play.
From their bureau statistic coursey of Ipob

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Nigerians will only patronize those products if you improve the standard. Why will I buy an aba made pair of shoes which has a fake Gucci logo which will fall apart after one week when I can buy an Ibadan made pair of good shoes which looks like imported ones?

The standard will improve when the market experience more patronage. The market will experience more patronage as dollar continues to go up and people's purchasing power continue to reduce due to bad economic policies. For example, everyone will like to use iPhones and Samsung but a majority keep buying Tecno and Itel, is not that the product is very good. No, it's because the product is affordable.

This will likely happen and it has started in clothing sector. Many don't know that most undies and simple t-shirts we wear in Nigeria are made in Aba, shoes are also made in Aba. We can no longer purchase foreign boxers because it's becoming too expensive, so we are buying Aba boxer and some of us don't even know.

The current government will start praising itself for the local industry that is booming, but the reality is that, the Igbos just spotted a market and took advantage of it. The market will continue to grow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Starboytwo(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2023
successmatters:

And he moves the post to another location grin
I cringe reading this hate filled write up. You do know, if you keep attacking the Almighty Yoruba’s, they should, by all means attack back, however, I’m not even trying to attack or anything but just trying to understand you man… why so much hatred Why you hate the Yoruba tribe so fiercely??

My guy asked you a simple question? It’s a legit question, you are the one changing the goal post.

If he sure for you, answer his question…

How is the Yoruba’s holding the progress of the ibos?? Is it the Yoruba’s job to dredge the ariaria river or whatever you call it for the Igbos? If so, how? Remember Buhari did 8 years and before that Jonathan did 6 years, Infact, yar adua did 2-3 before he dead, so, pls kindly educate me on how or why y’all gotta be this way.

This thread is nothing but hate thread.

You are the this, you are the that… Do you watch Game of thrones? You must be familiar with Tywin Lannister (the dwarf)

‘Any man who must say “I am the king”, is no true king.’

“Tywin's jab applies to those who have to assure others and themselves that they are in charge. Announcing it repeatedly basically means you're just saying it, and it has no real weight”

I know you is pained about Obis loss, kindly restrategize, build bridge, soon it will come to you, however, if you continue this way and make enemies daily, it’s going to be wailing till eternity.

I wish all the projects come to fruition, I have no gain whatsoever if it don’t come. Biko abeg, biko.

Peace bro, I don’t want to fight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by CSTRR: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2023
But one morufu from ota is telling us that igbos will suffer because they have not gotten the presidency.

Okay na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 9:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
So who built the Port Harcourt International Airport? The port Harcourt International Airport served over 1 million passengers last year alone. Stop saying things you don't know.

Back to the matter, that has nothing to do with ur Lagos state government OR Yoruba people. So stop acting like it's only Lagos state Government or SW government that is working. There over 10 FG factors pushing Lagos state till date.

For example, FG situated all foreign embassies in Lagos and Abuja that alone will make the airports there function 100%. Most clearing officers are in Lagos, that alone also makes the seaport function 100%.

The BOTTOM LINE IS, YOUR SW IS NOT SPECIAL THEY ARE JUST ENJOYING WHAT THE FG HAS DONE.

AGAIN STOP BRAGGING IT'S NOT YORUBA PEOPLE THAT MADE LAGOS WHAT IT IS, NA FG.

5 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 9:59am On Apr 21, 2023
Starboytwo:
I cringe reading this hate filled write up. You do know, if you keep attacking the Almighty Yoruba’s, they should, by all means attack back, however, I’m not even trying to attack or anything but just trying to understand you man… why so much hatred Why you hate the Yoruba tribe so fiercely??

My guy asked you a simple question? It’s a legit question, you are the one changing the goal post.

How is the Yoruba’s holding the progress of the ibos?? Is it the Yoruba’s job to dredge the ariaria river or whatever you call it for the Igbos? If so, how? Remember Buhari did 8 years and before that Jonathan did 6 years, Infact, yar adua did 2-3 before he dead, so, pls kindly educate me on how or why y’all gotta be this way.

You are the this, you are the that… Do you watch Game of thrones? You must be familiar with Tywin Lannister (the dwarf)

“Tywin's jab applies to those who have to assure others and themselves that they are in charge. Announcing it repeatedly basically means you're just saying it, and it has no real weight”

I know you is pained about Obis loss, kindly restrategize, build bridge, soon it will come to you, however, if you continue this way and make enemies daily, it’s going to be wailing till eternity.

I wish all the projects come to fruition, I have no gain whatsoever if it don’t come. Biko abeg, biko.

NOBODY IS BLAMING YORUBAS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW.

WHAT WE ARE SIMPLY SAYING IS THAT THERE'S NOTHING SPECIAL IN SW OR THE YORUBAS, YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING FROM FG. STOP BRAGGING LIKE YOUR TINUBU OR ONE YORUBA MAN MADE LAGOS WHAT IT IS.

OGA, LET FG MOVE ALL FOREIGN EMBASSIES TO EDO STATE OR BORNO AND SEE HOW THE STATE WILL BE IN 1 YEAR.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by omohayek: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Don't worry. I have been saying this for years that the Yoruba are the problem of Nigeria. Get rid of them and watch everything spread , watch tribalism and hate filled propaganda fuelling inter tribal hate disappear from Nigeria
And yet your post is the very definition of "tribalism and hate filled propaganda", to the extent that you even use Nazi language: "I have been saying this for years that the Jews are the problem of Europe. Get rid of them and watch everything spread , watch nationalism and hate filled propaganda fuelling inter national hate disappear from Europe". You are quite literally a black Nazi, yet have the gall to accuse others of your own sins!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Obaaderemi2: 10:02am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

Back to the matter, that has nothing to do with ur Lagos state government OR Yoruba people. So stop acting like it's only Lagos state Government or SW government that is working. There over 10 FG factors pushing Lagos state till date.

For example, FG situated all foreign embassies in Lagos and Abuja that alone will make the airports there function 100%. Most clearing officers are in Lagos, that alone also makes the seaport function 100%.

The BOTTOM LINE IS, YOUR SW IS NOT SPECIAL THEY ARE JUST ENJOYING WHAT THE FG HAS DONE.

I'm not sure I mentioned Yoruba at all in my comment. Read it again. I'm getting tired of all this ibo Yoruba insults. We are all God's creations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

Oponu, there is international airport in rivers and Enugu, was it your father that made them.

Abi they are not traveling out through that.

Let your pain continues

Anyone that says you should not hate yorubas shall perish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
His father built it jare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 10:07am On Apr 21, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
I'm not sure I mentioned Yoruba at all in my comment. Read it again. I'm getting tired of all this ibo Yoruba insults. We are all God's creations.

Hold this fact close to ur heart. Your tribe is not special, it's a creation of the FG. Never give the glory to Tinubu or the Yoruba people or any local Yoruba politician. It's all FG.

1 Like

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by DatNiggaDaz: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2023
NapoleonHill:

You're into this beer parlour talk. What a shame.

My question is, where exactly in the SE do you want a seaport? The region is landlocked. The closest are the SS port of which some are functioning.

Why are those not as patronized as the one in Lagos?
See pure hate and jealousy live and direct

1 Like

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2023
Starboytwo:

You Bleep up, don't ask them why they hate yorubas.

Their hatred is what keep us growing,

The day they stop, they shall know no peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2023
[quote author=Gabriel004 post=122653386]Oponu, there is international airport in rivers and Enugu, was it your father that made them.

Let your pain continues

So accept it, there's nothing special about Yoruba people, they are just enjoying from FG. Stop bragging like one Yoruba man made SW what it is. Move all the embassies in Lagos to Katsina and see what will happen to Katsina in one year. Even with the embassies in Katsina, the Fulani will still be one tribe in Nigeria, still nothing special.

1 Like

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 10:13am On Apr 21, 2023
Gabriel004:
Oponu, there is international airport in rivers and Enugu, was it your father that made them.

Let your pain continues

So accept it, there's nothing special about Yoruba people, they are just enjoying from FG. Stop bragging like one Yoruba man made SW what it is. Move all the embassies in Lagos to Katsina and see what will happen to Katsina in one year. Even with the embassies in Katsina, the Fulani will still be one tribe in Nigeria, still nothing special.
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by PrinceofSarcasm: 10:13am On Apr 21, 2023
omohayek:

And yet your post is the very definition of "tribalism and hate filled propaganda", to the extent that you even use Nazi language: "I have been saying this for years that the Jews are the problem of Europe. Get rid of them and watch everything spread , watch nationalism and hate filled propaganda fuelling inter national hate disappear from Europe". You are quite literally a black Nazi, yet have the gall to accuse others of your own sins!

I don't pros rube to or support anitsemetism. Where are you so call self righteous goats when your tribe are spreading hate and bile against those Ibo people? When we don't align with your evil hate you guys abuse us and call us Ibo!!!

Your tribe are evil and the problem of Nigeria!! Remove Yoruba and watch Nigeria grow !!! Inter tribal hate will disappear to a minimum because the Yoruba who propaganda to spread to will be gone

Remove YOURBA and watch all states develop because all international airports will be for once truly international. An igala man can travel to anywhere in the world from Kogi international airport, an eboyin man can travel to anywhere in the world from Eboyin airport. I as aBini man can return to my Edo state from anywhere in the world without first landing in that cursed state called Lagos!!!

You lot stole what belongs to everyone yet brag and tell others to leave Lagos ...

Yoruba are the problem of Nigeria remove them and watch Nigeria experience peace and prosperity

2 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:13am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

Shut up, answer him, who built Portharcourt Airport, your father or family members?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:15am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

NOBODY IS BLAMING YORUBAS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW.

WHAT WE ARE SIMPLY SAYING IS THAT THERE'S NOTHING SPECIAL IN SW OR THE YORUBAS, YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING FROM FG. STOP BRAGGING LIKE YOUR TINUBU OR ONE YORUBA MAN MADE LAGOS WHAT IT IS.

OGA, LET FG MOVE ALL FOREIGN EMBASSIES TO EDO STATE OR BORNO AND SEE HOW THE STATE WILL BE IN 1 YEAR.
Ghommid
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

Hold this fact close to ur heart. Your tribe is not special, it's a creation of the FG. Never give the glory to Tinubu or the Yoruba people or any local Yoruba politician. It's all FG.
So is your own tribe any special?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 10:18am On Apr 21, 2023
Gabriel004:
So is your own tribe any special?

No, my tribe is not special. All tribe are equally special.

1 Like

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

Neither there is anything special about igbo than to wail like a foolish child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Gabriel004: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

No, my tribe is not special.
Case closed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by DatNiggaDaz: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Close your mouth, iliterate. Saying most foreigners coming into Nigeria come into Lagos.
Who told you that nonsense Yoruba propaganda?!!!

Do you know how many foreigners come into Edo state to marry my sister's every week?!!!

Oga you YORUBA are wicked and deserve the hate you ge from all tribet . You guys take all from everyone and yet still brag ..

Level the playing field let's see if Lagos will be like even AKWA IBOM!!!

You guys refuse to give them Ibo port yet they import 65% of all containers into Nigeria!! Open ports in our Niger Delta let's see how Lagos will be
God has already blessed you Sir.

Edo no be Lagos.

The hate of these people. Wow. They are ready to Burn down that seaport because of this statistics of 65%. How dare the Southeast3 in their hateful mind.

Chai. Some people are just pure demons.

See the hate on this thread from these people who told other Nigerians to go back to their villages. Just see the pure hate and jealousy. Chai

2 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 10:22am On Apr 21, 2023
Gabriel004:
Shut up, answer him, who built Portharcourt Airport, your father or family members?

The Yorubas didn't build the airport in Lagos, so stop bragging. Just as the PH airport is a FG creation so also the people are not bragging. So stop bragging like U people are special.

2 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Obaaderemi2: 10:23am On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

It's not fg. Whatever the Yorubas have is down to their God-given talent and blessings. Hold that fact close to your heart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by NapoleonHill: 10:24am On Apr 21, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
See pure hate and jealousy live and direct
Where is the hate? I'm not sure you like your own self.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Tinubu Make First Appointments / Cement Price Have Crashed Back To 6000....we Know Hear Anything. / We Will Blow Out The Presidential Villa.- Mend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.