Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA (5532 Views)

2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA / 65% Of Containers From Abroad End Up In Southeast — NIWA / Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Obaaderemi2: 10:24am On Apr 21, 2023
Gabriel004:
His father built it jare.
cheesy
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by lereinter(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2023
horsepower102:

There was a leaked watsapp group message which showed that they were worried that if peter obi wins, he will open up eastern ports. They were scared that Igbos will leave their region.

Forget all the gragra here on Nairaland. Behind closed doors, the truth comes out.

You mean if obi becomes president it's only se that will be developed?

4 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by misano(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
It's not fg. Whatever the Yorubas have is down to their God-given talent and blessings. Hold that fact close to your heart.

God given talent for SS oil money. Shhhhh. Every tribe is equally special. Stop bragging like U are doing something special that is attracting the economy to ur region.

Just as the Deltans are doing nothing to attract the oil, U guys are doing nothing to attract investment is all FG (all Nigerians).

2 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by DatNiggaDaz: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2023
NapoleonHill:

Where is the hate? I'm not sure you like your own self.
ok
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Ttipsy(f): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2023
horsepower102:

Igbos are the most well travelled ethnic group in Africa. This factor has given them a unique advantage because they are exposed to how other progressive nations run their affairs.

This is the main reason they are very frustrated with how horrible things are going in Nigeria.

There is no sane human being in Nigeria who travels around the world and come back happy with the nonsense going on in Nigeria.
correct
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Maazieze(m): 11:53am On Apr 21, 2023
lereinter:

No, their are multiple port projects going on, even in the middle belt, the niger river is going to become an economic highway
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Ttipsy(f): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:
Like i was telling one of my Yoruba neighbor fond of. Bullying ibos while bragging about Lagos

Open up other state ports and create real international airports in other states not the by name only international airports we have in other states and let's se how Lagos will be

How can a country of over 200 million people channel all the cargos to only Lagos ports and a few to Onne port only ?!
Which country one earth does that ? How can only one state port service over 200 million people? And you lot are here bragging about Lagos ?

Ignorance and iliterates are those who brag about Lagos

I cannot buy a plane ticket from Ohio to any other state in Nigeria apart from Lagos that'ds when you know all the so called international airports in Nigeria are just local airports !!!

Allow other airports be truly international and let's see how Lagos is truly the hub .

Your tribe just thrives on propaganda and selling lies as facts.

In America you can travel from any state airport to any country in the world but in my Nigeria we must all go to Lagos and you and bragging ?! What nonsense!!

Make my Benin airport a real international airport and watch your nonsense Lagos

You YORUBA took everything from other tribes and you are bragging about Lagos ?!!

Open all airports in Nigeria to be international!! Open all seapoets that no one needs to berth first in Lagos and let us see. Lagos won't even compete with ordinary cross River yalkless of Edo state !!!

Rubbish
that's the main reason restructuring should happen .. let every state and geopolitical zones mind their business...

2023 election really exposed lots of things.. the ethnic profiling and lots more

1 Like

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Tmb78(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
FODA:
when I see comments like this I laugh,go to irete in imo or ekulombia,u will see grown up men living in one room with their mama and fighting d old mama for not providing food for them
Thank you. I always laugh too when they say that.
I believe if it's true, why then are they wailing and crying all over the place over a fictional stolen mandate.
The do or die stance of every one of them about being the president of the same zoo they claim they are better off without?

6 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by drlateef: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
horsepower102:
29th September 2022
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja
"According to the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), more than 65 percent of commercial cargoes berthing at Nigerian ports end up in the country’s Southeast, primarily in Onitsha, Anambra State, and Aba, Abia State."

https://sunnewsonline.com/65-of-containers-berthing-in-nigeria-end-up-in-southeast-niwa/

Unfortunately the number of containers entering Nigeria does not grow our economy. We don't need container or import economy. What we need is export of our products to earn forex. We need to manufacture our own goods, not flooding our markets with foreign goods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by 07kjb: 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
NapoleonHill:

That was a simple question. You blame Lagos and the Yorubas for all your woes. I've pointed out that there are other ports. You raised concerns about them and I asked, why blame others for your misfortune.

Badagry port is coming soon. Free trade zone and better security. This was pushed by the state government and would be funded by PPP. When it's done, you'd wail again.

For how long shall you continue this way?

Don't you have brain he was actually telling you that other ports in NIGERIA ain't functioning,or not functioning to its full capacity

Try and get sense
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by okeysoninv: 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
drlateef:

Unfortunately the number of containers entering Nigeria does not grow our economy. We don't need container or import economy. What we need is export of our products to earn forex. We need to manufacture our own goods, not flooding our markets with foreign goods.
are you aware custom is second highest revenue generator after firs.so if custom stops generating from importers the country would have been in a worst state now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Christistruth03: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
ibechris:

I saw the WhatsApp message.

It was a fake Whatapp Message

Reno Omokri dealt with it in one of his videos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by nairanaira12: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
triple996:
Hot lie grin grin

Yeah, it is a lie because it doesn't agree with your daft tribal bigotry narrative. grin

I know you are empty but I never knew Your emptiness is this deep.
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by NapoleonHill: 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
07kjb:

Don't you have brain he was actually telling you that other ports in NIGERIA ain't functioning,or not functioning to its full capacity

Try and get sense

He know Onne is fully functional while you know nothing. Just carrying empty brain around with a smart phone.

3 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Godfirst2014: 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
I just don't understand why people celebrate the number of containers coming to Nigeria instead of those ones going to these countries

In my area, as I am typing this, a lot of trucks are loading cashew nuts .soya beans, sesame seeds etc. These are the products that can improve the value of naira , not those ones that continue to drag the value of naira

Too much importation destroy economy. It is high time to change our mindset

1 Like

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Obaaderemi2: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2023
Godfirst2014:
I just don't understand why people celebrate the number of containers coming to Nigeria instead of those ones going to these countries

In my area, as I am typing this, a lot of trucks are loading cashew nuts .soya beans, sesame seeds etc. These are the products that can improve the value of naira , not those ones that continue to drag the value of naira

Yes. Where's your area?

I live in Ibadan and close to my house is an old abandoned cashew nuts factory. Oyo State produces a lot of cashew but the government is too dumb to restart the factory or privatise it so jobs could be created and forex made.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by horsepower102: 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
lereinter:

Is that what you understood from that statement. Please go back to school.
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by horsepower102: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
drlateef:

Actually Nigeria is currently an IMPORT dependent economy. We have no choice but to import a lot of goods.

If electricity is magically fixed tomorrow, then Nigeria can finally start manufacturing and exporting goods.

This is what Peter obi was trying to explain to people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by ibechris(m): 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
Christistruth03:

It was a fake Whatapp Message

Reno Omokri dealt with it in one of his videos

Reno Omokri that is the master of lies and author of confusion.

I laugh u to think u believe in that man without bearing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by drlateef: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
horsepower102:

Actually Nigeria is currently an IMPORT dependent economy. We have no choice but to import a lot of goods.

If electricity is magically fixed tomorrow, then Nigeria can finally start manufacturing and exporting goods.

This is what Peter obi was trying to explain to people.

Please stop talking about Peter Obi the scammer here. Did he fix electricity or make attempts to do so as a governor? Obi is a master importer and warehouse man. He cannot manufacture or create jobs in real sector. He is just a talkative who can’t do anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by horsepower102: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
drlateef:

Please stop talking about Peter Obi the scammer here. Did he fix electricity or make attempts to do so as a governor? Obi is a master importer and warehouse man. He cannot manufacture or create jobs in real sector. He is just a talkative who can’t do anything.

Nothing you said made any sense. I wish you just say you hate Peter obi and move on instead of typing what you just wrote above.

2 Likes

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by lereinter(m): 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
horsepower102:

Is that what you understood from that statement. Please go back to school.

abi
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Starboytwo(m): 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
misano:

NOBODY IS BLAMING YORUBAS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW.

WHAT WE ARE SIMPLY SAYING IS THAT THERE'S NOTHING SPECIAL IN SW OR THE YORUBAS, YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING FROM FG. STOP BRAGGING LIKE YOUR TINUBU OR ONE YORUBA MAN MADE LAGOS WHAT IT IS.

OGA, LET FG MOVE ALL FOREIGN EMBASSIES TO EDO STATE OR BORNO AND SEE HOW THE STATE WILL BE IN 1 YEAR.
ok. Alright. Just stop the abuse pls.
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by abbasajao(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
horsepower102:
What is the point of having presidency from your tribe yet struggling to eat three square meals while those who don't have presidency have the largest and broadest middle class as evidenced by their measurable consumption.

This statement sounds more of consolation.

1 Like

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
Yet 85% of companies in Nigeria are in Lagos and Ogun states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by onumadu: 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Yet 85% of companies in Nigeria are in Lagos and Ogun states.

And you got that statistics from which source?
Abi na ojuelegba or oluwole source?
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by maticar: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
horsepower102:

So you are saying that the National Inland waterways authority which is dominated by northerners is lying?
LOL

see how confused the whole lot of them are
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by maticar: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
Godfirst2014:

thousands of empty containers leave our ports back to origins

they have nothing to go back with due to few export activities
Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Christistruth03: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
ibechris:

Reno Omokri that is the master of lies and author of confusion.

I laugh u to think u believe in that man without bearing.

The evidence in the video was well beyond any doubt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
onumadu:

And you got that statistics from which source?
Abi na ojuelegba or oluwole source?

Manufacturing association of Nigeria (MAN) Google it up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65% Of Containers Berthing In Nigeria End Up In Southeast – NIWA by totit: 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
FODA:
when I see comments like this I laugh,go to irete in imo or ekulombia,u will see grown up men living in one room with their mama and fighting d old mama for not providing food for them

Lmaoooo
grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

If you ask the wretched dude to provide proof to his claim now he would start trolling you with more lies.
Lmaooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Explosion Wounds 8 In Jalingo , Taraba / List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. / MNK: Rufai Oseni Spitting Fire On Arise TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.