Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? (9443 Views)

Wrong Car Problem Diagnoses And Eventual Solution To Problem / Where Can I Get The Best Car Painting Or Oven Bake In Ph - Port Harcourt / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by OkpocacGlobal(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
let's talk about your car painting experiences
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by 2Ways(m): 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
I don't have a car yet, let me make a way for car owners.

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by CarGuideNG: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by mrkings84(m): 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
Who, me?
I once bought a Jetta car in 2012, the car was bashed the following day by the driver I bought it for (for transportation purposes), men, I had to go paint the car from the original gray color to a blue ( state taxi color)

For now, that's all!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by jojothaiv(m): 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
My last car was painted black though I wanted it ash, I nearly swear for the painter but the man say make I relax say I never buy car say na dream car him paint o...

Omo, I never buy car o na imagination wan wound me in fact all of us for front page na foot soldiers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by RandomFellow: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
Car painting get experience again?

11 Likes

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by wunmi590(m): 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by raskymonojendor: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
You get what you pay for. But cheap paints, expect cheap finish.
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by BTC04249: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2023

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Haydens: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
😶😶😶

Nothing to say.
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Johncreator1: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
Here to read comments
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
The first car I painted was in Abuja,the panel,God bless am,na one advanced man of like 50.People so wow about it.i use 40k run am.one day one old baba drive his station wagon and bashed my fender where I parked it,I carried it near my house in Edo,I run the fender,omo.the colour no match.i was so angry because I cannot drive from Edo to Abuja ,just to paint car fender.

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Beuberry(f): 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
None for now.
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Megaautos(m): 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
you will soon own yours! Stay focused
2Ways:
I don't have a car yet, let me make a way for car owners.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Megaautos(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
You will own yours sooner than your expectations.
jojothaiv:
My last car was painted black though I wanted it ash, I nearly swear for the painter but the man say make I relax say I never buy car say na dream car him paint o...

Omo, I never buy car o na imagination wan wound me in fact all of us for front page na foot soldiers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by sukkot: 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
wink
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Megaautos(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
For ur toks or Nigerian used cars. Kindly reach out to us.

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Sammy101111(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
Am keeping this space for when he go set
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by NaijaCover(m): 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
ÑaijaCover Is Following
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by jude33084(m): 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
If you are in Benin avoid white paints grin

Gold or ash is better
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by MrHighSea: 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
I don carry the money buy fuel for 1 month
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by kennyz247(m): 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2023
My future car will be ashcolor
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by viodemus: 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
Painting car is a craftsman job.

There is bare metal,
Then primer - which adheres to the metal after preparation, and also allows the paint to adhere to it (primer).
Then the paint color
Then the right epoxy protectant.

When you paint a car or any automobile with metal panel background, you need to do it in a clean area. Clean floor, less dusty area, and controlled ventilation.

If you do it in an open area, you run the risks of dust spec inclusion, which will affect adhesion. You can tell a paint job with dust inclusion - when you run your hand on the painted areas, you will feel as if its grainy. small micro bumps like goose bumps.

Paint mixing and right pressure, also counts.

Is more to it, but these are just a summary.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by Bluebolt: 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
The first car I painted was in Abuja,the panel,God bless am,na one advanced man of like 50.People so wow about it.i use 40k run am.one day one old baba drive his station wagon and bashed my fender where I parked it,I carried it near my house in Edo,I run the fender,omo.the colour no match.i was so angry because I cannot drive from Edo to Abuja ,just to paint car fender.
I beg, drop the painter contact here.
Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by solarichard: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
I took my Rav 4 to a known painter, to repaint after a dent from a truck. I was disappointed to discover that the two catalysts in the exhaust pipe had been removed. It took the intervention of police for the painter to return the catalysts and then bought new ones as replacement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City? by PAQ(m): 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2023
I believe we still have a long way to go in car painting. Its really expensive to get a proper paint job, even abroad. So we get what we pay for... Which is mostly crap!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License / What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? / Domestic Production Of Vehicles Hit 45,000 Units Per Annum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.