Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians (9260 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance / Today's Church(men) - Emphasis On Outward Appearance; Jesus - Emphasis On Heart / Should Christians Care About Outward Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by seanwilliam(m): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2023
Not only for Christians, everyone gaz look responsible

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Whoknow: 10:39am On Apr 23, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

Are you worshipping to please man or God?
Do you see God? Probably no but God said whatever you do to the least of your brethren you do it to me. What does that mean? Meaning since God is invisible your neighbour could be the God you see. Paul said I know that eating meat is not a sin but if my eating meat will cause my brother to sin I will stop eating meat. By not dressing well as befits a Christian someone who need repentance might see and said if there is no different between the you dress and him what is the need of becoming a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Whoknow: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2023
ebubeson:
The bible says "Man looks at the outward appearance, but God sees the heart". For this, since man naturally does not have the right or access to see the heart, you owe man decent dressing, so that from your dressing, he can probably believe or probably accept the God that sees your heart.

If we dress like mad people or like prostitutes, how do we expect those in public to believe in the God that sees your heart?. Our Christianity is not a selfish Christianity for our hearts alone, but a Christianity that Glorifies God in our heart and in our outward appearance.. The Bible says "let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven".

Let your light shine with decent and beautiful dressing that will make men appreciate the God that sees your heart.
God bless you for this write up, exactly what my Priest said in the church today. You will see someone shabbily dress to church as if church is a party hall, some guys going to church putting on ear rings, some girls with mini skirts and so on. They will say God sees the heart, the same God said out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speaks and actions are carried out, in other words the way you dress is also the way your heart is. Paul said I know that eaten of meat is not a sin but if by eaten meat could cause my brother to sin I Will stop eaten meat.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by chukkystar(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2023
Na lie. Bullshit. Na Una dey judge person by appearance. Which cloth Elijah and Elisha been dey wear? Even John the Baptist no wear better Cloth. Turn Christianity to Church of Man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Spiff20(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

You are to please God of course, but not at the expense of seducing men and taking them away from God.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Spiff20(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2023
chukkystar:
Na lie. Bullshit. Na Una dey judge person by appearance. Which cloth Elijah and Elisha been dey wear? Even John the Baptist no wear better Cloth. Turn Christianity to Church of Man
You're not a Christian so face your front.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2023
But most pastors talk about the significance of inward appearance
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Spiff20(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2023
MikeMicheal:
God called your phone and complained he doesnt like how I dressed?
De wait make God call.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Yhemzie(m): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

But at the same time, people must be able to sense the presence of God in our life based on our outward appearance. Is like someone on evangelism with dreadlocks and tattoo, how do you want people to perceive such person?
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by chukkystar(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2023
Spiff20:
You're not a Christian so face your front.
Christianity no be association wey U must register. U are a big Hypocrite cos You are not doing what Christ sent his Disciples to do. Read about Jesus's Character and stop Judging people. You don't even know me and I am not a Christian? Christ came to show You road to God and all God cares about is Love. If You Love Ur Neighbours U won't Judge them. Nonsense lost Soul
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by chukkystar(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2023
Spiff20:
You are to please God of course, but not at the expense of seducing men and taking them away from God.
this is satanic indoctrination. Jesus Said Love God and Love Ur Neighbours as Yourself those are the only commandments to follow. Not to seduce anyone. Allow Love help You make Judgements else You will Lose alot of good people. Some people don't move by anyone's rules in this Life and dress in what makes them comfortable and not what people want to see.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by FantasyWolf(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2023
That's your opinion

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by ArewaNorth: 11:39am On Apr 23, 2023
ebubeson:
The bible says "Man looks at the outward appearance, but God sees the heart". For this, since man naturally does not have the right or access to see the heart, you owe man decent dressing, so that from your dressing, he can probably believe or probably accept the God that sees your heart.

If we dress like mad people or like prostitutes, how do we expect those in public to believe in the God that sees your heart?. Our Christianity is not a selfish Christianity for our hearts alone, but a Christianity that Glorifies God in our heart and in our outward appearance.. The Bible says "let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven".

Let your light shine with decent and beautiful dressing that will make men appreciate the God that sees your heart.

The children of hate will jump here and start calling this man of God a campaigner of Islamization grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Goalnaldo(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2023
True talk. The guy that came out for altar call today, was asked by pastor if he is a girl or boy, everyone started laughing. He braided his hair with earrings on both ears.

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by BJanta: 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
ebubeson:

Heretic and nonsensical .

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by kernniejay(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
ebubeson:

God bless you. You are so precise and accurate. I love it.
God bless the Mod that moved this post to Front Page too.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by agos: 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
Jokerman:
Your dressing and outward appearance tells us what is your heart and the kind of person you are...
it is not true

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Xkale1996(m): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
MikeMicheal:
calm down, what is wrong is wrong
Even in my religion Islam it is forbidden for we Muslims to wear indecent dresses... What is your purpose in this life, is for you to worship God and follow his rules
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by matm: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
Aside Christianity, Adults decent dressing attracts respect from younger ones.When you dress indecently, you will be prone to snubbing and cajoling from the younger ones.
And they can't take your caution or advice seriously .

2 Likes

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by achorladey: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2023
ebubeson:

As long as you know, remember the live and present dangers of outward appearance as captured by the quotes that follows.....

Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Lemos14: 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

I think you have a problem with reading and comprehension.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Spiff20(m): 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
chukkystar:
this is satanic indoctrination. Jesus Said Love God and Love Ur Neighbours as Yourself those are the only commandments to follow. Not to seduce anyone. Allow Love help You make Judgements else You will Lose alot of good people. Some people don't move by anyone's rules in this Life and dress in what makes them comfortable and not what people want to see.
I wanted to contest your position, but from where you stand, arguing with you will look like getting in the mud. Your ignorance stinks. Some of you who know nothing about God are better off quiet than spewing garbage.

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Chemlite: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
There's much sense in this write up.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Chemlite: 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
Whoknow:

God bless you for this write up, exactly what my Priest said in the church today. You will see someone shabbily dress to church as if church is a party hall, some guys going to church putting on ear rings, some girls with mini skirts and so on. They will say God sees the heart, the same God said out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speaks and actions are carried out, in other words the way you dress is also the way your heart is. Paul said I know that eaten of meat is not a sin but if by eaten meat could cause my brother to sin I Will stop eaten meat.

The write up is not limited to church attendance. It should be the GUIDING PRINCIPLE of every Christian.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by MadarasBlade(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
Biglittlelois:
Hmmm, someone wore a tube short gown to church today and I'm like 🙄 smh.....

Is a tube short gown inappropriate only when in church? Your answer lies there
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Entanglement: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
ebubeson:

false prophets are on the rise! Especially this ignorance here.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Royceey(m): 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
How you dress is exactly how you will be addressed!

If you can Afford good Clothes buy and Wear, look good. How do you preach about Jesus Christ and God's Blessings when you Appeared Haggard like Tout!

Dressing Decently is a Choice!
Dressing Poor to fulfill all righteousness is Also a Choice!

Choose what Works for you and Maintain your Relationship with God!
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Blissful45(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
reyscrub:
Many people just fail to understand the meaning being a brother keeper
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by jossymekoos: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

Good morning sir /ma
So you don't know that when you do the right things to your fellow man, you actually worship God

What he posted is very right sir
Do not because of your dressing cause a fellow believer to sin

Thank you sir
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by jossymekoos: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
MikeMicheal:

Sorry but did He also call your phone to say he likes the way you dress

We have a standard in Christianity sir
And decent dressing and not letting your dressing lead others to sin is the standard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by donmik: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense.

Do u please God by dressing nastly and nakedly?
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by writeprof(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
NuCypher:
Why christians care so much about their fitted shirts, ironed trousers and polished shoes will continue to amaze me? Take a look at the pastors. Some of them wear the most expensive items like wristwatches, chains, etc. You start to wonder if these people really represent Christ who preached more modest forms of expressions. In his day, kings dressed in glorious robes and golden attires, but Jesus himself (at least according the Bible) only wore what many commoners wore. Today, you see pastors dressed more or less like presidents and company CEOs. Most of them have left Jesus in the wake with their colorful and expensive attires, while their church members can barely afford three-square meals.

At a point, you start to wonder if we shouldn't all be scared of this pastors and their teachings. The same way Obedients view Babablu supporters as perpetrators of evil since they are colluding to bring to power a destructive element which doesn't have Nigeria's interests at heart, should we not start regarding these so-called Christians who spread the teachings of these evil pastors (e.g. COZA pastor, pastor jerrycurl chris, pastor witch-slapping oyedepo) as perpetrators of the greatest evils? I have to ask!

Jesus Christ Himself has bought those who are saved with his blood to be KINGS AND PRIESTS (ON EARTH)...Those immaculate DRESSINGS are meant to reflect the Kingdom Jesus Christ died to bring believers into.

Moreover, the English says "You will be addressed the way you are dressed"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy Believism : Is Eternal Security A False Gospel? - Ralph Yankee Arnold / The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Jesus Christ Life: A Fiction Or Fairy Tale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.