Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians (9266 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance / Today's Church(men) - Emphasis On Outward Appearance; Jesus - Emphasis On Heart / Should Christians Care About Outward Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Exceed15: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
Dressing decently isn't even about God . It's about yourself.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by FarmTech(m): 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
1950Mack:
grin hmm... na today... wey holy sister with deeper life attire de handle gear 4... abegi... no be by dressing o... arabs would cover their whole body like masquerade yet the prostitution in arabia competes with the west... they've been using religion to scam us since the time of moses grin
A sinner may dress modestly. But a christian cannot dress immodestly. So the fact that prostitutes may dress modestly doesn't cancel the fact that true christians shud dress modestly. Modesty is just one of the numerous principles christians shud follow.

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by majorgr: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
NuCypher:
Why christians care so much about their fitted shirts, ironed trousers and polished shoes will continue to amaze me? Take a look at the pastors. Some of them wear the most expensive items like wristwatches, chains, etc. You start to wonder if these people really represent Christ who preached more modest forms of expressions. In his day, kings dressed in glorious robes and golden attires, but Jesus himself (at least according the Bible) only wore what many commoners wore. Today, you see pastors dressed more or less like presidents and company CEOs. Most of them have left Jesus in the wake with their colorful and expensive attires, while their church members can barely afford three-square meals.

At a point, you start to wonder if we shouldn't all be scared of this pastors and their teachings. The same way Obedients view Babablu supporters as perpetrators of evil since they are colluding to bring to power a destructive element which doesn't have Nigeria's interests at heart, should we not start regarding these so-called Christians who spread the teachings of these evil pastors (e.g. COZA pastor, pastor jerrycurl chris, pastor witch-slapping oyedepo) as perpetrators of the greatest evils? I have to ask!

That's not true! Jesus sense of dress in his time was well put. Infact his clothes were so special that the roman soldiers had to gamble for it at his crucifixion. The bible also went further to describe the quality of the clothes he wore, a seamless clothes Woven without seam, that's a high quality expensive clothes too and not a commoner dress. Furthermore, to let us know how decent and organise he was, when he resurrected, the bible said he carefully folded the piece of linen clothing that covered his face, that's attention to details which I suppose a commoner would not have. Sometimes it worries me when I see movies depicting Christ with dirty, tartared clothes as if His father in heaven wasn't providing for him. Someone who has a treasurer in his days is not considered poor, the bible also said that a group of women ministered to him. I believe and I suspect that they were the ones in charge of his clothes to make sure his public appearance was well represented.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by NuCypher: 4:09am On Apr 24, 2023
majorgr:

That's not true! Jesus sense of dress in his time was well put. Infact his clothes were so special that the roman soldiers had to gamble for it at his crucifixion. The bible also went further to describe the quality of the clothes he wore, a seamless clothes Woven without seam, that's a high quality expensive clothes too and not a commoner dress. Furthermore, to let us know how decent and organise he was, when he resurrected, the bible said he carefully folded the piece of linen clothing that covered his face, that's attention to details which I suppose a commoner would not have. Sometimes it worries me when I see movies depicting Christ with dirty, tartared clothes as if His father in heaven wasn't providing for him. Someone who has a treasurer in his days is not considered poor, the bible also said that a group of women ministered to him. I believe and I suspect that they were the ones in charge of his clothes to make sure his public appearance was well represented.

All you are doing is gasping for straws trying to justify the ostentatiousness of your spiritual daddies. The Roman soldiers gambling for Jesus's robe says nothing about its being expensive. They could have been gambling for it simply because the dude was a celebrity prisoner, the same way an auction would sell Osama bin Laden's garment for a fortune today if it were available.

Keep your head straight and stop looking for justification for the expensive tastes of your spiritual daddies. They are all failures who know no better than deceiving their congregation to enrich their own pockets.

Jesus was a simple man who led a meek, simple life. Can't say the same of the rapist Coza pastor fatoyinbo or the witch-slapping Oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Pimine: 9:24am On Apr 24, 2023
chukkystar:
Christianity no be association wey U must register. U are a big Hypocrite cos You are not doing what Christ sent his Disciples to do. Read about Jesus's Character and stop Judging people. You don't even know me and I am not a Christian? Christ came to show You road to God and all God cares about is Love. If You Love Ur Neighbours U won't Judge them. Nonsense lost Soul
No dey disguise. He doesn't have to know you personally to tell that you are not a Christian. Only people possessed by seducing spirits endorse immoral dressing and immorality of all kinds.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Pimine: 9:31am On Apr 24, 2023
majorgr:

Accurate!
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Probz(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2023
NuCypher:
Why christians care so much about their fitted shirts, ironed trousers and polished shoes will continue to amaze me? Take a look at the pastors. Some of them wear the most expensive items like wristwatches, chains, etc. You start to wonder if these people really represent Christ who preached more modest forms of expressions. In his day, kings dressed in glorious robes and golden attires, but Jesus himself (at least according the Bible) only wore what many commoners wore. Today, you see pastors dressed more or less like presidents and company CEOs. Most of them have left Jesus in the wake with their colorful and expensive attires, while their church members can barely afford three-square meals.

At a point, you start to wonder if we shouldn't all be scared of this pastors and their teachings. The same way Obedients view Babablu supporters as perpetrators of evil since they are colluding to bring to power a destructive element which doesn't have Nigeria's interests at heart, should we not start regarding these so-called Christians who spread the teachings of these evil pastors (e.g. COZA pastor, pastor jerrycurl chris, pastor witch-slapping oyedepo) as perpetrators of the greatest evils? I have to ask!

You’re conflating Christian with Deeper Life Ekiti.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by chukkystar(m): 9:48am On Apr 24, 2023
Pimine:

No dey disguise. He doesn't have to know you personally to tell that you are not a Christian. Only people possessed by seducing spirits endorse immoral dressing and immorality of all kinds.
I pity U. If someone doesn't dress Flashy it's now immoral dressing? Holier than Thou person. Remove the log in Ur eye before removing the spec in people's eye. I wish You well, U have alot of Spiritual growing up to do
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by chukkystar(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2023
NuCypher:

All you are doing is gasping for straws trying to justify the ostentatiousness of your spiritual daddies. The Roman soldiers gambling for Jesus's robe says nothing about its being expensive. They could have been gambling for it simply because the dude was a celebrity prisoner, the same way an auction would sell Osama bin Laden's garment for a fortune today if it were available.

Keep your head straight and stop looking for justification for the expensive tastes of your spiritual daddies. They are all failures who know no better than deceiving their congregation to enrich their own pockets.

Jesus was a simple man who led a meek, simple life. Can't say the same of the rapist Coza pastor fatoyinbo or the witch-slapping Oyedepo.
this guys really shock me, trying to make Jesus seem like one Wealthy person. Jesus was very meek, a carpenters son and never talked about Clothing. This new generation Christians have joined prosperity as a must for all Christians forgetting that most founding fathers of Christianity were persecuted and many were even killed for their Faith.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Pimine: 10:01am On Apr 24, 2023
chukkystar:
I pity U. If someone doesn't dress Flashy it's now immoral dressing? Holier than Thou person. Remove the log in Ur eye before removing the spec in people's eye. I wish You well, U have alot of Spiritual growing up to do
Stop shifting the goalpost. Another sign of possession by a manipulating and deceptive spirit. I wonder where you picked up "flashy dressing" from since it's not the topic of discourse.
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by chukkystar(m): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2023
Pimine:

Stop shifting the goalpost. Another sign of possession by a manipulating and deceptive spirit. I wonder where you picked up "flashy dressing" from since it's not the topic of discourse.
bro let's just leave this thing, it's unchristian like. In whatever just try to be good, I apologize if I might have seemed insulting but it's just an opinion and it's how I viewed it. I didn't see it from immoral dressing, I saw it from some people not caring about what they wear and putting on anything that suits them as long as it is Cloth. All this bickering is irrelevant, at the end of the day if You have seen the light Ur job is to show others the light. Have a good day
Re: Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians by Pimine: 10:21am On Apr 24, 2023
chukkystar:
bro let's just leave this thing, it's unchristian like. In whatever just try to be good, I apologize if I might have seemed insulting but it's just an opinion and it's how I viewed it. I didn't see it from immoral dressing, I saw it from some people not caring about what they wear and putting on anything that suits them as long as it is Cloth. All this bickering is irrelevant, at the end of the day if You have seen the light Ur job is to show others the light. Have a good day
I like your response. I apologize if my words hurt you too. I just wish we Christians would realize that even though we are in this world, we are not of the world.

The way we dress matters A LOT. In your walk with God, you may have come to the knowledge that some things are not necessarily sin, but that level that you've gotten to, there's another baby in Christ who has not received the light of that revelation. What do you think will happen to their faith when they see you, a respected brother in Christ that they look up to, doing those things or dressing that way?

And for the ladies that have allowed the devil to sear their hearts and conscience through immoral dressing, the Bible says in Matthew 18:7 :
"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!"

And in the preceding verse, it says:
"But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Keep dressing seductively while justifying your moral decadence with the usual "God looks at the heart" line.
I will only tell you one thing: "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God."

Let he who has an ear, let him hear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Jesus Christ Life: A Fiction Or Fairy Tale? / Easy Believism : Is Eternal Security A False Gospel? - Ralph Yankee Arnold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.