Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad (1723 Views)

Move To A Better Country And Enjoy Life(photo) / How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad by LordAdam16: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2023
NuCypher:
It's not unusual for people to get carried away in cases like this and show a little gluttony. In workplaces where lunch is free, some workers stuff some in their bag and take it home. This happens a lot at Google and the culprits are mostly white staff.

The problem is when it is done in excess and there's nothing our Nigerian brothers won't do in excess. It's the same way the Nigerian pushes every single boundary until it borders on corruption. That excessiveness is the problem, not the stuffing of some bit of food in a bag. But then, it's just not a Nigerian problem. Indians do it do. Many people from other countries do it. But when a group of people start do it a lot more often, then it's only consequential that they get labelled.

Stuffing more in bags is one thing. Eating voraciously to make space to stuff more is horrible.

I'm not sure I want to feed the 'label' narrative tho'.

Poor folks in every society can be major embarrassments. The homeless f*cks defecating in the open on SF sidewalks are primarily white. Lots of Section 8 housing and similar dwellings where, regardless of race, they live like trolls. "White trash" is a label. A quite fitting one because they tend to be mentally unbalanced as well.

But of course, when the higher classes witness awful behavior of a similar slant by other races, confirmation bias sets in.

Unfortunately, there are structural, intrinsic reasons why Nigeria will not lose the demeaning labels foisted on us. At least not any time soon. Until this country is fixed, we will continue to export people like the OP's friend. There's nothing anyone can do about it in the interim.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad by emmaodet: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2023
Dgrant:
I have made that decison and I will enforce it. I come dey barb once a month o! person go come dey look like Nebuchadnezzar. I don do my resolution, no more giving these barbers my hard earned pounds, team DIY hence forth

Why do we Nigerians like paying for services cheaply but want to earn higher and also want a successful and robust society.
In one voice, we complain about low salaries or incomes in Africa and then turn around to want a society paying good salaries for workers.
You are avoiding a barber's shop because of £15 twice a month yet you will be glad yours is not cut down or your employer looking for ways to hire extremely cheap labours to kick you out.
You are banking on the law to protect your own salary scale yet avoiding another person's own.
Like someone said above, the barber also has family to cater for and banking on you people coming to barb in his shop.
I also saw a thread about a woman months ago in US complaining about changing I think tire for hundreds of dollars at a mechanic shop and started comparing how much she would have changed it from Kabiru the road side mechanic in Nigeria.
She earns in dollars, she has benefited from the system but it is time for her to pay the system back so that the merry will go round and the system won't collapse rather she is looking for a cheap Kabiru to lay while earning good money protected by the system's law.
Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad by hunee: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
I will not doubt your report. I also have my personal experiences with Nigerians. It is time for us to become modest and civilised in our behaviours.
The rascality needs to stop.
All the same , nice one being an Ambassador , Dgrant.

As for your hair. Get a clipper bro.

Stay lifted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:00am On Apr 25, 2023
Creamypie:
na so some of our people dey over Mumu themselves oh. A friend of mine in u.k and some naija were invited for Dinner by a white lady. As she pass dishes, go kitchen to bring an equipment, na so them rush food, put inside containers them carry along, with bare hands. She was pissed by the time she came out from kitchen, she come quickly arrange another one wey them go eat there. It was so shameful. U for just kuma buy mini clipper nah, as e be say e costly to shave beards

They didn’t wait for the hostess to announce that dinner was served and they should begin eating?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad by Creamypie(m): 4:01am On Apr 25, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

They didn’t wait for the hostess to announce that dinner was served and they should begin eating?
at all

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad by Jecci(f): 8:57am On Apr 25, 2023
Typical case of you can take them out of Nigeria but you cannot take the Nigeria out of them.

This is what constant lack and poverty have turned people into. Even when they are in abundance they still have the mentality of insufficiency.

Poverty does a thing to the mind. Even when they are out of it physically, mentally it takes a deliberate effort to get rid of the mindset and attitude.
Re: Nigerians Keep Embarrassing The Country And Continent Abroad by Dgrant(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2023
Even my barber advised me to get a clipper and employ the DIY method. However another person chooses to minimize spending and maximize profit or saving is totally up to him. The way my barber chooses to maximize profit isn’t my priority. My priority is for me to minimize spending. Let everyone do their bidding and manage their expectations to the best of their abilities.
emmaodet:

Why do we Nigerians like paying for services cheaply but want to earn higher and also want a successful and robust society.
In one voice, we complain about low salaries or incomes in Africa and then turn around to want a society paying good salaries for workers.
You are avoiding a barber's shop because of £15 twice a month yet you will be glad yours is not cut down or your employer looking for ways to hire extremely cheap labours to kick you out.
You are banking on the law to protect your own salary scale yet avoiding another person's own.
Like someone said above, the barber also has family to cater for and banking on you people coming to barb in his shop.
I also saw a thread about a woman months ago in US complaining about changing I think tire for hundreds of dollars at a mechanic shop and started comparing how much she would have changed it from Kabiru the road side mechanic in Nigeria.
She earns in dollars, she has benefited from the system but it is time for her to pay the system back so that the merry will go round and the system won't collapse rather she is looking for a cheap Kabiru to lay while earning good money protected by the system's law.
Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Came Back From London Via Dubai / Tig Travels And Tours / UKRAINE Please Don't Only Read But Comment (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.