Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS (10429 Views)

Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS / Global Mobile Subscriptions: Nigeria Among Top 5 Countries In Q1 2018 / Slot Nigeria Mobile Phones & Prices (with Latest Promo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by AchrafHakimi: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
Mostly Igbo phones
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
Lagos is an emerging market.
Truly Center Of Excellence.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by DesChyko: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

My hypothesis that the Igbo has a minority population is supported by this clean data from registered lines too.

Alright.. Did you see the North East? Can we comfortably say the South East has a bigger population?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Starz825(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The population of Nigeria should be 100 million at most.

Every independent Data released always point to that direction.

It is also clear that Lagos is the most populated with estimation of over 7 to 10 million people.

Kano should be 5 to 7 million people.

100m...at most

we are way more than that......

calculate the figures up there from the regions...

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by PHIPEX(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is also a function of population too.

My hypothesis that the Igbo has a minority population is supported by this clean data from registered lines too.

Same pattern was what I discovered in JAMB data too.
check my signature for free stuffs!
How many traders care about data subscription? By your logic does it mean South East is more populous than North East?

An average trader uses "Nokia 3310" because most of them don't have time for internets and social media in addition to preventing theft of their phones in the market

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by burnertimekeep: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

igbos are the majority giving southwest that data thesis.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Lagos have always been overpopulated in comparison to other parts of Nigeria.... smallest in landmass, biggest in population and the population spilling into Ogun State with new real estate development.😂😂😂

We also have the following institutions of higher education in Ogun State

Olabisi Onabanjo University
Tai Solarin university of Education
Covenant University
Babcock Crescent University
Mountain Top University
Crawford University
Chris land University
Bell University
Four Square University
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
Gateway Polytechnic.

And many others

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by DeOTR: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
Iamgrey5:

It is also clear that Lagos is the most populated with estimation of over 7 to 10 million people.

We should be between 100 to 130 million people.
The average population per state can't be up to 3 million.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by obyno82: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Why do you talk so stupidly? How many igbos are in the south west and in the North? Have you added them to the total population of igbos. Even in Jamb who are the top states in enrollment and in Jambr results? The south east(igbos).
Oga try and get a better business to do this free stuffs you are selling is clouding your ability to be sensible.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by RichDaniels: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
Iamgrey5:

you have forgotten children make up data also, your type would see data brought for stats at 89 million Nigerians for election and rule that Nigeria isn't upto 200 million, forgetting that you must be 18 years to be counted. In 2017, data showed by UNICEF confirmed that Nigeria had a total of 31 million children below the age of 5 years old. 31 million +89 million is 120 million, we haven't counted children that are from 6 years old to 17 years old and also people that refused to vote or where denied registration in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by 9gerian: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
cheesy

inoki247:
Lol the List no clear I believe on phone Call na Northerners go full the list cause na dem sabi buy people old sim and sabi call wrong numbers shocked shocked cool
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Larryndelaw: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
OVB123:
Where are those people? Anyway, make i no talk, make Seun no go ban me.
You don dey look for trouble small small. Are you referring to the developers? Nah you talk am .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by sonature1: 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Can't you make a comment without displaying your obsession with the Igbos? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Krugisback(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
helinues:
Interesting
chest beating poor man you're back

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Menclothing: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ogun state needs a real leader than will understand how to build a city
Someone like Dave umahi or fashola or BAT

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Flier: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
Iamgrey5:

Dont be ignorant! Registered voters is around 90 million whereas more than 60% of Nigeria’s have no voters card,infact nobody has it in my family
Nigeria should be around 250 million
Believe it or not Nigeria even has millions of people who have never been to town
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Jogs1900: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
RichDaniels:
you have forgotten children make up data also, your type would see data brought for stats at 89 million Nigerians for election and rule that Nigeria isn't upto 200 million, forgetting that you must be 18 years to be counted. In 2017, data showed by UNICEF confirmed that Nigeria had a total of 31 million children below the age of 5 years old. 31 million +89 million is 120 million, we haven't counted children that are from 6 years old to 17 years old and also people that refused to vote or where denied registration in Nigeria.
Hmnnn...we need real population census in Nigeria with biometrics capturing...Do you know that there are dead people among the 89m registered figure?I even heard that Jehovah's Witnesses were not captured because of their doctrine.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Phoen1X: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

This your preoccupation with igbo,..well,. make i cross leg dey watch.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Godons1: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
What about IGBO land?😂😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by OVB123: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
Larryndelaw:
You don dey look for trouble small small. Are you referring to the developers? Nah you talk am .
Na u talk ham ooo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by nisai: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

pls sir, can you post the data or link to the jamb data?
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by nisai: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
QuotaSystem:
That northerners are not noisy irritants like the vocal minority, does not mean they’re not online or connected.

Empty drums make the loudest noise. Consistently.

Stats are not surprising at all.
You made sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by OVB123: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
DeOTR:

We should be between 100 to 130 million people.
The average population per state can't be up to 3 million.
Do not say what you don't know. Naija is more than 200milla.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Gentew(m): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
Corn247:
Lagos is becoming overpopulated with irrelevant people with criminal tendencies.

Exactly.... Ndi developer dem!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Gabriel004: 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
MXrep:

Lagos spilled into Ogun. Nothing is happening in yoruba hinterlands
Let them show the full list so we can know where your people and yoruna people fall into
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by greatiyk4u(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Same pattern was what I discovered in JAMB data with state of origin clearly displayed and linked to registered GSM lines too.

Can you kindly share the link to this discovery
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Gabriel004: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
MXrep:

Stop using SW data that didn't capture state of origin to deceive yourself
Ekiti is lowest in SW but still higher than Ebonyi, so what are you saying?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Ologbo147: 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Same pattern was what I discovered in JAMB data with state of origin clearly displayed and linked to registered GSM lines too.
It shouldn’t surprise you, Igbos migrate the most, there are millions of Igbos in Lagos and Ogun which seem to feed off the urbanized and metropolitan tone of lagos, there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of ebonyians in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS by Gabriel004: 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
MXrep:

You always ruin their joy
Mumu, I what he posted, do they mention any state or region?

He should post the source if it is sure for him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gionee P8w: Unboxing Simplicity / List Of Blackberry That Can Tether Wireless To An Android / What Is Your NTEL Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.