Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? (1142 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
So guys I was thinking about our present condition in Nigeria you know bad government, insecurity, unemployment, poverty, unhappiness, inflation, brain drain etc
So if you had just two choice of either living in Nigeria with our present condition or the United States as an African American during Jim Crow era which will you pick?
As for me Damian911 imma pick the US so far I got a good job and nice shelter sure and I don't cross "THE RED LINE" I think I'm good to go. Lalasticlala Mynd44 mods pls fp abeg for wider audience, Thanks.
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by PoliteActivist: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
You can't choose something you have no idea what it was.
You have no idea what it was like durring Jim Crowe
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Jerryherd: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2023

For me Nigeria all the way

I can't just stand racial segregation of any kind

I had a racial experience on an Emirates flight and I felt so bad all through the trip.. for a female European passenger to decline seating next to me and my friend because we were black, we even jokingly offered the window seat instead of the aisle on her ticket but she sneered and got the hostess to change her seat

The elevator experience is also not funny, with races women looking at you like you are some kind of violent black sexual monster

Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by GoWithGood: 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2023
US without a second thought.[sub][/sub]

Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Westerhoffe(m): 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2023
Damian911:
So guys I was thinking about our present condition in Nigeria you know bad government, insecurity, unemployment, poverty, unhappiness, inflation, brain drain etc
So if you had just two choice of either living in Nigeria with our present condition or the United States as an African American during Jim Crow era which will you pick?
As for me Damian911 imma pick the US so far I got a good job and nice shelter sure and I don't cross "THE RED LINE" I think I'm good to go. Lalasticlala Mynd44 mods pls fp abeg for wider audience, Thanks.

Don't pray for what you don't have an idea of.
The Blacks then find life very much unbearable that they had to migrate down West, only to be met with worse ill treatment. And worse, the constitution didn't favour them in any way to prevent the white citizens/civilians from these ill treatments.

Don't let this kind of mentality control you.
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
You don't want to feel the full wrath of racial discrimination and segregation.
With a hardwork,luck, connection and a lil bit of illegalities,you can make a decent life here
But how tf do you want to survive not to talk of being successful in a land where you are not wanted.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2023
Who told you I have no idea of Jim Crow?if I didn't I won't bring it the discussion. I read several books and researched American history and even read novels portraying how it felt like being a black man in Jim Crow era America, books such as Native Son,The Outsider, White Man listen etc. I know how it felt and decided to compare it with modern day Nigeria
PoliteActivist:
You can't choose something you have no idea what it was.
You have no idea what it was like durring Jim Crowe
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2023
Forget bros which one is discrimination and segregation?In Nigeria today we discriminate against sinply because of tribe despite the fact we are of the same African race,the same skin color. You can survive as a black man in America so far you want to be and determined no matter the law or constitution after all we have succeful black men during this period just like Nigeria despite the condition of the country some people are making it. So it depends on your determination to be successful
Kiddogarcia:
You don't want to feel the full wrath of racial discrimination and segregation.
With a hardwork,luck, connection and a lil bit of illegalities,you can make a decent life here
But how tf do you want to survive not to talk of being successful in a land where you are not wanted.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
What you're saying doesn't differ from what's happening in Nigeria bro!I know American history well and I am aware of Jim Crow. Nigerians too find life unbearable and most had to migrate to Lagos and Northern Almajiris migrated down South only to be met with worse living condition. Lagos today is a glorified slum hole with expensive cost of living,high poverty rate, insecurity etc with more than half of its population below the national poverty line. The Nigeran constitution doesn't favor the poor in Nigeria to shield the citizens from mal administration from our evil and heartless cronies called "government"
Don't let this kind of mentality control you bro!Peace out cool
Westerhoffe:

Don't pray for what you don't have an idea of.
The Blacks then find life very much unbearable that they had to migrate down West, only to be met with worse ill treatment. And worse, the constitution didn't favour them in any way to prevent the white citizens/civilians from these ill treatments.

Don't let this kind of mentality control you.

Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
Please guys share this thread on other threads for wider audience and more contribution, Thanks
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ma G
GoWithGood:
US without a second thought.[sub][/sub]
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
Damian911:
Forget bros which one is discrimination and segregation?In Nigeria today we discriminate against sinply because of tribe despite the fact we are of the same African race,the same skin color. You can survive as a black man in America so far you want to be and determined no matter the law or constitution after all we have succeful black men during this period just like Nigeria despite the condition of the country some people are making it. So it depends on your determination to be successful

He said during Jim crow era, maybe you should read up about that.
How many African-American was successfully then,the few ones got killed
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by PoliteActivist: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2023
Damian911:
Who told you I have no idea of Jim Crow?if I didn't I won't bring it the discussion. I read several books and researched American history and even read novels portraying how it felt like being a black man in Jim Crow era America, books such as Native Son,The Outsider, White Man listen etc. I know how it felt and decided to compare it with modern day Nigeria

cheesy This is exactly like a white man, born and bred in NYC, saying he knows what it feels like living in a hinterland Yoruba or Ibo village because he read some books! There are some things, the only way to know it is to LIVE it!!
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by emoboy4u: 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

cheesy This is exactly like a white man, born and bred in NYC, saying he knows what it feels like living in a hinterland Yoruba or Ibo village because he read some books! There are some things, the only way to know it is to LIVE it!!
+1
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2023
Spare me that bro!
Do you think I read just like most people? You think I read for the fun of it?I don't read the way you think I do bro!
The books I read was with my full mind,body and soul to the extent that I felt what it was like. I devote my time when reading not just reading for a time and taking a break like most people do. So I felt how it was for the moment and I was conscious of what the author was portraying
PoliteActivist:

Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by PoliteActivist: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
Damian911:
Spare me that bro!
Do you think I read just like most people? You think I read for the fun of it?I don't read the way you think I do bro!
The books I read was with my full mind,body and soul to the extent that I felt what it was like. I devote my time when reading not just reading for a time and taking a break like most people do. So I felt how it was for the moment and I was conscious of what the author was portraying

Soo, can a New Yorker white man know what it feels like living in your village by reading books?
Here's an easy one: what does it feel like being called nigger by a racist white cop looking for the slightest excuse to shoot you?
Or a white woman falsely claiming you attempted to rape her, to apeas her husband for being late??

Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2023
Yes he can if he does just like I do!
How does it feel like being insulted and delayed by a trigger-happy Nigerian police looking for the slightest excuse to shoot you?
Or your boss wife whom you refuse to have an affair with now threatening to rape you or do her bidding?
Many people in the past in Nigeria were imprisoned without trial till they die and were not acknowledge even after death and the horror cycle continues
PoliteActivist:

Soo, can a New Yorker white man know what it feels like living in your village by reading books?
Here's an easy one: what does it feel like being called nigger by a racist white cop looking for the slightest excuse to shoot you?
Or a white woman falsely claiming you attempted to rape her, to apeas her husband for being late??
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
We have many foreigners today acting Nigerian without even having the continent. Go online and see so many white saying they are Nigerian and wishing they were one. They practice our culture, food and religion and find it good. They probably get to know this through many ways of which reading is one
PoliteActivist:

Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by PoliteActivist: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2023
Damian911:
We have many foreigners today acting Nigerian without even having the continent. Go online and see so many white saying they are Nigerian and wishing they were one. They practice our culture, food and religion and find it good. They probably get to know this through many ways of which reading is one

And you KNOW right away they don't know what they are talking about. And I did say hinterland traditional village - the feels, the smells, the nuances. Where do you think the term "culture shock" came from. Even Nigerians who have been away a while experience it.
Bros, stick to what you know. You don't know Jim Crow
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2023
You lack the comprehensive ability for a sensible argument! You win am I free now?
PoliteActivist:

And you KNOW right away they don't know what they are talking about. And I did say hinterland traditional village - the feels, the smells, the nuances. Where do you think the term "culture shock" came from. Even Nigerians who have been away a while experience it.
Bros, stick to what you know. You don't know Jim Crow
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by PoliteActivist: 12:21am On Apr 25, 2023
Damian911:
You lack the comprehensive ability for a sensible argument! You win am I free now?

No, it's not a matter of argument just that some things simply have to be LIVED to be understood. Nothing in your life experience has you able to relate to Jim Crow, and no amount of book reading can substitute!
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Smartguyboy(m): 12:40am On Apr 25, 2023
Damian911:
So how will you get a nice job then if you read the book?
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Apr 25, 2023
Damian911:
So if you had just two choice of either living in Nigeria with our present condition or the United States as an African American during Jim Crow era which will you pick?.
Are you asking because you are looking for ideas for a book you wish to write ot something? undecided
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2023
My post isn't for a weirdo like you and I don't know what you're talking about undecided
Answer the question simple
And if I even needed idea,I think Google is still active! undecided
Kobojunkie:
Are you asking because you are looking for ideas for a book you wish to write ot something? undecided
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 11:33am On Apr 25, 2023
Which job are you talking about?
I don't find sense in what you're saying bro maybe you should read my post again you know slowly and aloud to yourself
Smartguyboy:

So how will you get a nice job then if you read the book?
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2023
Okay embarassed
PoliteActivist:

No, it's not a matter of argument just that some things simply have to be LIVED to be understood. Nothing in your life experience has you able to relate to Jim Crow, and no amount of book reading can substitute!
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Smartguyboy(m): 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Damian911:
Which job are you talking about?
I don't find sense in what you're saying bro maybe you should read my post again you know slowly and aloud to yourself

As for me Damian911 imma pick the US so far I got a good job and nice shelter sure and I don't cross

I guess you forgot your own words
Re: Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? by Damian911: 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
How does getting good job relate to reading?
Maybe you should have some rest bro!
Smartguyboy:

As for me Damian911 imma pick the US so far I got a good job and nice shelter sure and I don't cross

I guess you forgot your own words

A Woman's Greatest Fear. / It Is Unspoken / Cheating