Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,641 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) (42952 Views)

Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Microwhy: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
Jazakallahu khair
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Unrated900(m): 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rickmann:

Wow..nice one.

Which nice one

You think its that easy

Mtchew

2 month you still dey there

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Naija4love(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
yesloaded:

You will have to provide evidence that you got scammed, if no evidence then your case will be sorry

Successful transaction will definitely have records so you can't try that with successful transactions

Above all, why do you want to report payment for a successful business transaction as a fraud?
because na him be the real fraud, see the moniker self
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by yahoodetector: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
That No.3 is where it begins to get difficult...

The scammer's bank will not grant you access to send any emails. They protect their customers most of the time.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Reggaemich(m): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
This might still work

Just be careful not to do a wrong transfer,

If not, just take am say, u don give tithe
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Idadurun: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
I've tried the procedures before. It doesn't work.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Jaycee07(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:
BREAKING! BREAKING!! BREAKING!!!

HOW TO HANDLE MONEY TRANSFERRED INTO WRONG ACCOUNT CASE

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

Thanks ops. Truly informative and helpful. I’m bookmarking this post/page.

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER[/i]

Please read careful and learn.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by lexy2014: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng

if you can do the highlighted, whats the need of going to the scammers bank?
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by 77up(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
Very educative,thanks
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Biola67: 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
Dey play
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Midehi3(f): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

That can't be possible, because you will be asked to provide your debit alert.
Please answer this correctly

What of money wrongly transferred to an account, the sender blocks the money but the owner of the account can still do transactions day in day out...Note: the money is still there for almost 2yrs now but the account owner can't withdraw or use it, pls explain what transpired and how can it be rectified?
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Rickmann: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
Unrated900:

Which nice one

You think its that easy

Mtchew

2 month you still dey there

I understand the Nigerian factor but then we all have learnt something new today, that's the most important thing.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Joyceaile(f): 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
yesloaded:

You will have to provide evidence that you got scammed, if no evidence then your case will be sorry

Successful transaction will definitely have records so you can't try that with successful transactions

Above all, why do you want to report payment for a successful business transaction as a fraud?
that’s the new method g boys are doing now ,they will go to a pos stand and do a legitimate transaction by transferring funds to their account and collect cash then they go to another state and report it as fraud,show them
Evidence,the bank wil then reversed their money by removing the money from the pos operators account,happened to
A friend

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Pipefitter: 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]

Doesn't work out. I was duped 130k 2022 January through UBA nothing is done about it. I reported to the bank they asked me to get court order.. I jejely go house

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by fabolouz1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
Not simple as is written here but it's a good information.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by IamANigerianMan: 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]
Thanks, Many of them are on Nairaland
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by AniMcBen(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]

Thanks for the post but it will not work. I don see myself there before. Court order, Police order, EFCC order and so on must follow before bank go do anything. To get any of these fit even cost (money, time and stress) pass the money you lost or the effort it'll take you to get am again.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by pikechukwu6(m): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
wow... very educative. Thanks OP
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Unrated900(m): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rickmann:

I understand the Nigerian factor but then we all have learnt something new today, that's the most important thing.

Well am gonna agreed with you

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Lovestrong(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]
please help me, I was scammed of #73,000 on 26/2/2023....the fraudster account: Philip Adeyemi, 1705918632 Access bank. Abeg help me, Na loan money
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Chigorkizz(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
good
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by hexenbiest: 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
Thanks for sharing this OP, this informative piece has been bookmarked for posterity sake. In the meantime I'm enjoying the sweetest eargasm with oraimo freepod 4 EQ functions.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Oizee(f): 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]
interesting but what if it's opay account? Can it be traced?
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by chykekelly(m): 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
Is this not taking things too far?? Whose fault is it that you transferred to a wrong person's account?
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by BmAe: 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
yesloaded:

do you know what is gunpoint in latin grin
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by ALFADOS(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]
what of , if you don't have access to internet fa
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Pierohandsome: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ok,nice one
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by jrobbins: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
9182736455O1999:

What if after doing a successful legal transaction with someone i barely know and after that, i went to report it as fraud?

You'd need a court order, and the bank will also confirm the court order from recipients or ask Him to get a counter order if he claims the transaction is legit.

Both of you will now visit court on same day to face judge and the judge will collect all evidences to pass a supreme judgement.

Remember if you lied, you could go to jail for contempt of court
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by jrobbins: 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
Midehi3:

Please answer this correctly

What of money wrongly transferred to an account, the sender blocks the money but the owner of the account can still do transactions day in day out...Note: the money is still there for almost 2yrs now but the account owner can't withdraw or use it, pls explain what transpired and how can it be rectified?

The money is placed on lien in the recipients account. Maybe the sender after reporting hasn't provided a court order to force a reversal. The receiver can also ask from the bank and settle with the sender.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by jrobbins: 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pipefitter:

Doesn't work out. I was duped 130k 2022 January through UBA nothing is done about it. I reported to the bank they asked me to get court order.. I jejely go house

Provide the court order and you'd get reversal if there's still funds in the account.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by 007L: 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
If na me be the thief nko. What can I do to retain my hustle 🤔

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by onyfrank: 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nice info
redeff06:

[i]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video) / How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.