Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) (42917 Views)

What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Abemy(m): 8:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
The banks are too quick to ask you to get the police involved.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by pcagbaji(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
Just go to court and file a motion
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by VicM6: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:
BREAKING! BREAKING!! BREAKING!!!

HOW TO HANDLE MONEY TRANSFERRED INTO WRONG ACCOUNT CASE

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER[/i]

Please read careful and learn.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]
Biko do transaction of 100M to me and then go to the bank and report me.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Kaybaba5(m): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
Phamo0:
I heard the bank doesn't have the power to freeze their customer's money without court order.

I still have funds in Keystone Bank till. Now they are asking for court order to release the money back to my account,
After they have contacted the erroneous account holder and the person said he is not expecting money from the sender,
Everything has to pass Tru court order
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Donsamie(m): 11:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Thanks for the info
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by zoedew: 6:41am On Apr 26, 2023
redeff06:

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]
A Court Order is required to PND a bank account.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Scorror442: 7:01am On Apr 26, 2023
Can the bank refund without the present of account owner? I made an erroneous transfer since 2020, I did court order and police report hoping they could use that to refund my money but all efforts rendered useless 🤦‍♂️.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Akposkiz: 7:05am On Apr 26, 2023
Thanks for sharing this fantastic info!
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Youngsenate1993(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2023
Thanks for this info
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by samittex(m): 8:31am On Apr 26, 2023
I'm having this issues I transferred 28,000 to a wrong acct, which I did mistake in the last two digit of the acct number, and I reported to my bank about it and I was told they will work it out for me bcus it was a transaction from my gtbank to first bank, but till this very moment I haven't heard from my bank, and this is over 5 months now

What do you suggest I do, please help
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Joyceaile(f): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2023
Rayjnr:

Exactly, banks should please take note of this ,
Someone did it to me recently.
you see
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Antell95(m): 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
redeff06:

[i]
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by dosht(f): 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Joyceaile:
that’s the new method g boys are doing now ,they will go to a pos stand and do a legitimate transaction by transferring funds to their account and collect cash then they go to another state and report it as fraud,show them
Evidence,the bank wil then reversed their money by removing the money from the pos operators account,happened to
A friend
This is my story. Someone did transfer to me and collected cash and still went ahead and report it as a fraud. Pos agent should be careful now

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by kelspinall(m): 7:42am On Apr 27, 2023
nice thanks boss
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by OgogoroDegree: 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
redeff06:

[i]
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Kobicove(m): 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
The CBN does not have the manpower to attend to thousands of email that will be sent to its fraud desk on a daily basis undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is Why The Rich Don't Help The Poor In Nigeria / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video) / How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.