Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja (5025 Views)

Police And Shiite Clashes In Kaduna Result In Casualties (video) / Supporters In The North Brand 30 Cars To Support Peter Obi / 2023: Malami Distributes 30 Cars To Associates In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Supremos: 12:08am On Apr 25, 2023
BREAKING: Crisis In Gwarimpa Community In Nigeria's Capital, Abuja As Hausa, Gbagyi People Clash

April 24, 2023
NEWS

There is unrest at 3rd Avenue Gwarinpa, a community in Nigeria's capital city, Abuja, due to a recent clash between Hausa and Gbagyi residents of the area.

[b]A source who is privy to the incident told SaharaReporters that it all started when a gang of hoodlums, mostly ‘Keke’ (Tricycle) riders and drug dealers, attacked the home of a politician in the community to rob him.

This prompted some indigenous residents, the Gbagyi people of the community, to retaliate against the Keke riders and drug dealers, who are allegedly mainly Hausa.

The indigenes started chasing Hausa people away from the community.

The source said, “That was how the confrontation started and it led to the death of some of them before the military came and calmed everywhere down. But as I am talking to you know, military, I think they all left again, that was when this second phase started.

“The Hausa guys came from nowhere and started bashing cars. They bashed over 30 cars, like the windows and all."

“After they did that was when the indigenes came out in large numbers; all of them had wounds on their hands. And as I am talking to you right now, they are moving up to the 2nd Avenue, that they are going to the market and chase out all the Hausa guys,” the source added.

Meanwhile, videos depicting the chaotic situation in the community have gone viral on social media, but SaharaReporters has yet to independently verify the number of casualties recorded as a result of the incident because all attempts to reach the FCT police spokesman, Josephine Adeh, for comment, were futile as her phone line was unavailable at press time.
However, a Twitter user, Gbemi Dennis while sharing the video of the situation in the community on Monday, said there had been several stories surrounding the incident.

He wrote: “As it is going in Gwarinpa Abuja... Different stories flying around, - hoodlums rioting on 3rd avenue, - fight between keke napep and residence/indegene on 3rd avenue, - drug dealers and boys are clashing on 3rd avenue... Nothing official at the moment, but it is evident that crisis has started over the weekend.

“Unfortunately, nothing notable has been done to calm the crisis. The peaceful Gwarimpa has been transformed into a den of wolves. A friend said he's still watching from where he went to buy Bigi Drinks and pounded yam & can't return to his office.” [/qoute]
https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/24/breaking-crisis-gwarimpa-community-nigerias-capital-abuja-hausa-gbagyi-people-clash

1 Like

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Supremos: 12:08am On Apr 25, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AYq2A8UYNc

Nawah oooh. Which kind of country is this?
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by NothingDoMe: 12:14am On Apr 25, 2023
So much hate

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by wis3(m): 12:17am On Apr 25, 2023
Nigeira would have been a better place if there was no religion and we didn't have so many ethnicities. So much division and hate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by MisterGrace: 12:21am On Apr 25, 2023
shocked
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by DiscoverID: 12:27am On Apr 25, 2023
Abuja is a no man's land. Dey play!
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by DiscoverID: 12:29am On Apr 25, 2023
The owners of land are out to protect their heritage, if you like go shout no man's land.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by bhella10: 12:31am On Apr 25, 2023
Aboki pa gambari grin
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Offpointng: 12:34am On Apr 25, 2023
Why do I feel Igbos have something to do bout this carnage
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by TemplarLandry: 12:38am On Apr 25, 2023
O n sheyan daa daa. 🤣😂😁
bhella10:
Aboki pa gambari grin

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by bhella10: 12:46am On Apr 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:
O n sheyan daa daa. 🤣😂😁
Lol!
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Megabig: 1:31am On Apr 25, 2023
Too many crazy people in Nigeria.
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Megabig: 1:32am On Apr 25, 2023
Too many crazy people in Nigeria. Others are being productive and what some know is to spread hate, fight and confused themselves. In years to come, they will come and complain
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by saintkel(m): 1:44am On Apr 25, 2023
Offpointng:
Why do I feel Igbos have something to do bout this carnage
keep hating.....e go soon reach u

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:45am On Apr 25, 2023
Hehehehehehe...

NO MANS LAND IS WORKING

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Antipob777(f): 1:54am On Apr 25, 2023
My spirit is telling me these are Igbos claiming Gwarimpa is no man's land.

The truth must prevail cos the Hausas in Abuja are not violent.

Only Igbos are violent everywhere they go. I blame Lord Luggard for this marriage with ipob terorists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by superCleanworks(m): 2:16am On Apr 25, 2023
e no dey hard dem to destroy & kill. just too easy.
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Ooni: 4:28am On Apr 25, 2023
Gbayi people must never allow them. The reason there is peaceful coexistence and progress in Abuja is because the city is dominated by people from SE, SS and Middle belts (Benue Kogi nassarawa and plateau). This people can live together in cooperation.

Abuja is not filled with thugs and agberos because my southwest people are not very plenty here. Also religious clashes and banditry is not rampant because people from NW and NE aren't much there too.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by NwaIdeato: 4:37am On Apr 25, 2023
Jerryherd:
I pity gbagyi people of Abuja

LP just stole their Senatorial seat to a non indegene, now Hausa people are kicking their asses at home

Chai!!!
You mean the non-indigene who happens to be Yoruba?

6 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by NwaIdeato: 4:42am On Apr 25, 2023
Ooni:
Gbayi people must never allow them. The reason there is peaceful coexistence and progress in Abuja is because the city is dominated by people from SE, SS and Middle belts (Benue Kofi nassarawa and plateau). This people can live together in cooperation.

Abuja is not filled with thugs and agberos because my southwest people are not very plenty here. Also religious clashes and banditr is not rampant because people from NW and NE aren't much there too.

Exactly, Abuja has always been a civilized environment and clime where all the educated, detribalized and enlightened Nigerians of all tribes and religions peacefully co-exist (unlike what Lagos is turning into)...the hooligans there who are predominantly of Hausa/Fulani stock are the Okada,Keke, and wheelbarrow pushers who are the bane of thuggery, criminality and filth in that serene city. The Gbagyi people have always respected the Igbos cause Igbos account for the largest real estate investments and landed property ownership in Abuja (as attested by El rufai himself). They had better defend Abuja from the APC Aboki vermins that want to cause trouble there

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Noneroone(m): 4:51am On Apr 25, 2023
Antipob777:
My spirit is telling me these are Igbos claiming Gwarimpa is no man's land.

The truth must prevail cos the Hausas in Abuja are not violent.

Only Igbos are violent everywhere they go. I blame Lord Luggard for this marriage with ipob terorists
However hard you try to push your false narrative, it won't fly. Lagos is peculiar case and Yorubas are hostile. Ironically, the constant shout of "we are accommodating" is a pointer to your hostility.

There are people who have lived in Abuja for decades without knowing who the natives are. Unlike in Lagos where thugs from neighbouring states with incredible delusions of entitlement cause violence and make life difficult for peaceful residents and natives.

If you watch Abuja you see there is far less Yoruba and Hausa/fulani presence unlike in Lagos and Kano. That is why Abuja is violence and agbero free. Abuja population is dominated by Igbos, middle belt and SS. These people can live peacefully and are relatively progressive. The voting trend over the years proves that too.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by NorthernersSuck: 5:03am On Apr 25, 2023
I hope those bastards will not start accusing and blaming my Igbo brothers for carrying out the attacks? My brothers make sure you protect and defend your business with anything in your power

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 25, 2023
wis3:
Nigeira would have been a better place[b] if there was no religion and we didn't have so many ethnicities. So much division and hate.[/b]

Indeed. I blame insincere Nigerian leaders who know the solution but they deliberately refuse to do the right thing so they can continue to profit from discredited and worthless 'one Nigeria'.

I also blame followers who cannot even take one day to reflect deeply about the main problems of Nigeria so that once most of us know what is keeping us down we can thn insist uncompromisingly on what will uplift us.

It is time all Nigerians, leaders and followers, uncompromisingly dedicate themselves to doing what is right, however painful such is in the short term, so we and generations unborn have a bright future.

Foe example, insecurity is killing Nigeria . Yet the FG refuses to train the NPF into a modern, well-paid, motivated and effective police force. They prefer to give reps and Senators millions monthly whereas our NPF personnel recieve 70k monthly if lucky.

Leaders, as is long overdue, refuses to let those of us who want to develop modern and effective policie forces do so. Meanwhile Nigerian lives and property, the very topic of this discussion, would rather die than put their foot down to insist enough is enough.

Leaders failing and followers failing too. Welcome to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Fintiri: 5:23am On Apr 25, 2023
Allah akbar

By 6pm same day we pray and fight Again 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Difrent: 5:42am On Apr 25, 2023
Noneroone:
However hard you try to push your false narrative, it won't fly. Lagos is peculiar case and Yorubas are hostile. Ironically, the constant shout of "we are accommodating" is a pointer to your hostility.

There are people who have lived in Abuja for decades without knowing who the natives are. Unlike in Lagos where thugs from neighbouring states with incredible delusions of entitlement cause violence and make life difficult for peaceful residents and natives.

If you watch Abuja you see there is far less Yoruba and Hausa/fulani presence unlike in Lagos and Kano. That is why Abuja is violence and agbero free. Abuja population is dominated by Igbos, middle belt and SS. These people can live peacefully and are relatively progressive. The voting trend over the years proves that too.

grin grin grin angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hope you will not start screaming they hate us because very soon their eyes will open by the time they realise they no longer have any say in politics and economy of their beloved land....
And igbos start telling them Abuja is no mans land

Afterall YOU PEOPLE NOT THE ONES SHOUTING INDIGENES SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GOVERN IN LAGOS.

Yeye

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by blackpanda: 5:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Ooni:
Gbayi people must never allow them. The reason there is peaceful coexistence and progress in Abuja is because the city is dominated by people from SE, SS and Middle belts (Benue Kofi nassarawa and plateau). This people can live together in cooperation.

Abuja is not filled with thugs and agberos because my southwest people are not very plenty here. Also religious clashes and banditr is not rampant because people from NW and NE aren't much there too.

Stop saying rubbish pls. We trying to quench fire caused by tribalism, not start more tribalism here

1 Like

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by blackpanda: 5:53am On Apr 25, 2023
It is unfortunate that buhari chose that empty headed slowpoke as Abuja minister. For 8 years he has absolutely nothing to show. Abuja keeps growing in more crime, bad roads, no street lights, poor waste management. The ignoramus is the worst thing to happen to abuja.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Noneroone(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2023
Difrent:

grin grin grin angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hope you will not start screaming they hate us because very soon their eyes will open by the time they realise they no longer have any say in politics and economy of their beloved land....
And igbos start telling them Abuja is no mans land

Afterall YOU PEOPLE NOT THE ONES SHOUTING INDIGENES SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GOVERN IN LAGOS.

Yeye
If they don't do agbero, don't do thuggery, don't shout "we are accommodating" don't do owomi da, not dirty and lazy, how would they scream that?

Abi you think the animalistic lifestyle in Lagos is universal?

7 Likes

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by SpatialKing(m): 6:09am On Apr 25, 2023
Hausa Terrorists

1 Like

Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Seagodess(f): 6:10am On Apr 25, 2023
Iam not sure about this news..if I find out this news is fake..op

I will get hold of you trust me
Re: Hausa Burnt Over 30 Cars As Hausa & Gbagyi Clashes In Abuja by Ooni: 6:11am On Apr 25, 2023
blackpanda:

Stop saying rubbish pls. We trying to quench fire caused by tribalism, not start more tribalism here
No. iam the one trying to prevent tribalism. Wherever my people from SW are, there must be tribalism, thuggery and agbero with some touch of violence. Wherever you see people from NW and NE, you see religious strife, violence and banditry. Prove me wrong and not accuse me of tribalism.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Otti Signs N567.2 Billion 2024 Abia Budget Into Law / I Hereby Declare The Islamic Republic Of Nothern Nigeria / Ban On Okada: Edo Youths Rush To Driving Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.