Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Coping With In-laws - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coping With In-laws (14205 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping With In-laws by mike4zeal(m): 7:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Coping with in-laws can sometimes be challenging, as it involves navigating relationships with your spouse's parents or family members who may have different perspectives, expectations, and dynamics.

Ways to cope with in-laws include: Communication, setting healthy boundaries, show appreciation and respect, be inclusive and involve them in life activities, practice empathy and understand, seek support from your partner, take good care of yourself

Remember, building a healthy relationship with your in-laws takes time, effort, and patience. It's important to approach the situation with an open mind, be respectful, set boundaries, and communicate effectively.

Based individual differences and family differences, share your experience with in-laws, give ways to cope with difficult in-laws.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping With In-laws by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2023
I know my future inlaws will intially complain and dislike me but they'll eventually love me beyond imaginations by the time I packaged them 😂. I don't even know why people have problems with their inlaws, stop marrying pretenders only to start seeing their true colours in the marriage.

9 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Whyzaid(f): 9:40am On Apr 25, 2023
I think with learned in-laws, the wife's problem is half solved; but you see those illiterate in-laws that follow tradition like something else will frustrate the hell out of the wife. My opinion though

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coping With In-laws by Divoc19(f): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2023
In most cases I see...

Bad spouse, good in-laws
Or
Good spouse bad in-laws

Or is it just me undecided

9 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by inoki247: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
Lol
Re: Coping With In-laws by Mindlog: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
We are all in-laws.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping With In-laws by Triangles1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
Forget them and don't always pay attention to them.

I don't know why poor in-laws are the one that always want to cash out from their daughter husband, especially when your face show and your shoes shine.

18 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by B3sty(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Inlaws are Part of the Family, let's learn to Cope with them...

Meanwhile;
Aniweta chukwudubem Francis is a Scammer & also a Criminal. He's a Nairalander, Let him come out to defend himself.
Beware of Him.
Current Location; UK

3 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Sonnobax15(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
lipsrsealed
Na wa..... In-laws can sometimes be like a bone in one's neck cha....... just like someone has already said, having learned inlaws will help you solve half of your problems.... Imagine having illiterates as in-laws....... Everything you say will be misunderstood angry. And trying to settle things up will be like building a tower of babel...

3 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Houseofglam7(f): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯
Re: Coping With In-laws by 2iivagb: 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Earn O'clock!!

1 Share

Re: Coping With In-laws by ljawTukpa: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
Headluck:
Today's words: God isn't dead..

1 Like

Re: Coping With In-laws by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
grin grin

I don't see in-laws as threat and in as much as I know some can be very crraaazzzzyyyy I will still love to maintain positive energy and relations with them.

I pray my in-laws will be my second family.

8 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Fiscus105(m): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I know my future inlaws will intially complain and dislike me but they'll eventually love me beyond imaginations by the time I packaged them 😂. I don't even know why people have problems with their inlaws, stop marrying pretenders only to start seeing their true colours in the marriage.

If you are female indeed, ur first paragraph says it all about you.

I pray God should give ur future husband "fortitude to bear his decision to end up with you.

3 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by 2iivcca6: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Inlaw Inlaw
Re: Coping With In-laws by Utty44(m): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
It's not easy for women especially

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coping With In-laws by YeyeGbami: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
No expectations, no disappointment. Know that the other kid cannot behave like yours, no be you train am.

3 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Abolodje: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
If my in-laws stress me na to find permanent solution make them rest, maybe in peace.

1 Like

Re: Coping With In-laws by Darnell9(m): 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
[quote author=IyaebeTheGreat post=122732156]I know my future inlaws will intially complain and dislike me but they'll eventually love me beyond imaginations by the time I packaged them
Re: Coping With In-laws by jubrilELsudan: 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
WHO CARES ABOUT INLAWS

THUNDER FIRE INLAWS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping With In-laws by Kingsize4eva(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
Is nothing
Re: Coping With In-laws by iCauseTrouble: 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
sad
Re: Coping With In-laws by bukatyne(f): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
Persephone1:
grin grin

I don't see in-laws as threat and in as much as I know some can be very crraaazzzzyyyy I will still love to maintain positive energy and relations with them.

I pray my in-laws will be my second family.

Amen for you, I like your positive mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Vintiana: 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
God has blessed me with good in-laws and I can’t thank Him enough. I only read about bad in-laws online or hear people’s story.

Sometimes it is good to marry a mummy’s boy.
My husband is a mummy’s boy and his mom adopted me as her last born his siblings too.

11 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Dmeji4444(m): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
Whyzaid:
I think with learned in-laws, the wife's problem is half solved; but you see those illiterate in-laws that follow tradition like something else will frustrate the hell out of the wife. My opinion though

Are you married?

1 Like

Re: Coping With In-laws by Divay22(f): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
sad
Re: Coping With In-laws by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
I also want to add that if you knew a family member is terrible and you barely dealt with the person peacefully, it is witchcraft to expect your spouse to do so.

3 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
bukatyne:

Amen for you, I like your positive mindset.
Thank you Buka. smiley

1 Like

Re: Coping With In-laws by JovialJune(f): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2023
Well, easiest way to cope with in laws is to set boundaries before marrying into their house and never start what you can't finish, e.g I've never stayed more than one week in my in-laws house to avoid see finish, I don't try to over impress because once you stop what they are used to seeing you do, it becomes an issue followed by negative side remarks, meanwhile they've forgotten all the good beautiful things you've done o, etc.

Most importantly, set boundaries, again, be accomodating but set boundaries, be stern when they try to ride on you, and don't be a push over, let them see your strict side to know you are not a push over if not, oyo is your case, be humble, humility brings out the best in us no matter who or what we are, then be close to God, tell God to spring up the spirit of forgetfulness anytime they want to remember your case, the negative aspects, or cause issues for you 😂, it still works for me 🙂

11 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by ForSaleGuru: 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2023
Here's how to be richer than dangote

Learn the secret https://m.wikibit.com/en/?client=MM136

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Rejecting The Wife's Food. Immaturity Or Punishment For D Wife / Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? / Advantages Of Using The Vacuum Cleaner For House Cleaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.