Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Coping With In-laws - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coping With In-laws (14206 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coping With In-laws by ghiloman28(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
As a man set boundaries, avoid see finish and respect your inlaws above all don’t loosegaurd.
Re: Coping With In-laws by IrawoKross: 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Definitely not a small boy with a small minded mind and an Oloko give away like you.
Mynd44, Seun OAM4J Justwise rule number 2
Re: Coping With In-laws by 18wheeler: 11:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
mike4zeal:
Coping with in-laws can sometimes be challenging, as it involves navigating relationships with your spouse's parents or family members who may have different perspectives, expectations, and dynamics.

Ways to cope with in-laws include: Communication, setting healthy boundaries, show appreciation and respect, be inclusive and involve them in life activities, practice empathy and understand, seek support from your partner, take good care of yourself

Remember, building a healthy relationship with your in-laws takes time, effort, and patience. It's important to approach the situation with an open mind, be respectful, set boundaries, and communicate effectively.

Based individual differences and family differences, share your experience with in-laws, give ways to cope with difficult in-laws.
From the word go, I made my stand clear. I’m not on a family support mission. Didn’t marry her to assume her family’s responsibilities. I attend their ceremonies and contribute the much I can. They do me same. Even paid school fees for her siblings and I settle them with some cash when ever they come visiting. But taking responsibility, naaaaahhh! Made it clear to wifey and I never share with her the support I give my own family. We communicate fine and the relationship has been good so far. It’s 11yrs and counting.
Bottom line is make yourself real, set your limits and make them clear. Keep cordial relationship but never let them push you beyond your capacity and will. You didn’t marry their offspring to start a rescue mission. C’mmon!!!

2 Likes

Re: Coping With In-laws by stevups(m): 4:54am On Apr 26, 2023
Divoc19:
In most cases I see...

Bad spouse, good in-laws
Or
Good spouse bad in-laws

Or is it just me undecided
Correct
Re: Coping With In-laws by stevups(m): 4:55am On Apr 26, 2023
Triangles1:
Forget them and don't always pay attention to them.

I don't know why poor in-laws are the one that always want to cash out from their daughter husband, especially when your face show and your shoes shine.

True talk

1 Like

Re: Coping With In-laws by onuwaje(m): 7:06am On Apr 26, 2023
Whyzaid:
I think with learned in-laws, the wife's problem is half solved; but you see those illiterate in-laws that follow tradition like something else will frustrate the hell out of the wife. My opinion though

Even the educated ones are a tough nut to crack
Re: Coping With In-laws by MissOpe(f): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I know my future inlaws will intially complain and dislike me but they'll eventually love me beyond imaginations by the time I packaged them 😂. I don't even know why people have problems with their inlaws, stop marrying pretenders only to start seeing their true colours in the marriage.
But there's a time u said you were a grandmother....

Now you're talking about an imaginary future in-law...

Nawa
Re: Coping With In-laws by benqo01(m): 8:48am On Apr 26, 2023
Na person wey no get manners dey see inlaws as bad people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Rejecting The Wife's Food. Immaturity Or Punishment For D Wife / Advantages Of Using The Vacuum Cleaner For House Cleaning / Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.