Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom (6725 Views)

The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South / Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 / Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa Most Fiscally Stable Nigerian States- Fiscal Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
IGR per region and IGR per population. The south west is indeed the envy of Nigeria.

I am glad, the North majorly voted Tinubu. He needs to work his magic all over Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 8:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
steeltrust:
ode I’m not defending the Igbo people
I’m just letting you know
Ona own too much
And why will fed Govt not help when they know he will help in situation like this

You think politicians and business men think like you

It a game of interest for both of them

While at that
Tell those who he went to rescue to enter airpeace cause it owned by Igbo man

On a lighter note bad leadership is limiting aba which is same thing across Nigeria

Lagos is a commercial center and every tribe has the right to be there

If you don’t want Igbos in southwest then grant them biafra
Is simple

You don’t like them and you don’t want them to go
No be witch craft be that
To get Biafria. They need to start with their governors, senators and HOR members.ibos shooting themselves in the east via ESN, IPOB/UGM is foolishness of the highest order.

Ps: they should also blame their predicament on Azikiwe who forcefully joined the regions together despite protest from Awolowo and Bello.

2 Likes

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
forgiveness:

The same Bayelsa that is struggling to complete a 18 storey tower hotel. Yenagoa is just like a small village compared to other cities in Nigeria.

Road infrastructure is zero. Many dilapidated government school buildings. The most backward stayed in the whole of Nigeria despite the money.

If you know the amount of money Oyo is making from poultry, tobacco and other products, you will realise Bayelsa is below Oyo state not to talk of Ogun state making money from limestone, Industries and other agricultural products.

Next year, Ogun state will be among oil producing states in Nigeria.

This one is using poultry money to compare oil money. Bayelsa has one of the best government hospitals in Nigeria, dey play.

Oyo never baff....
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
Shikini:
Most Yorubas don't travel to
other parts of Nigeria
Why should they. Have you seen Americans flying to Nigeria in large numbers?

People move to areas of prosperity and not the other way around. It's common sense. That's why you have ibos moving to the South West in large numbers. They are fleeing the red mud in Alaigbo grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by nisai: 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
BloomingDale:
Igbo man. You have been weighed and found wanting. Keep impersonating other ethnic groups.
Beautiful and smart lady. My crush😂
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by steeltrust: 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
misano:

Don't mind them industrialization that ends in newspaper. Ontop industrialization they can't still drag height with Rivers state.
bro the thing de vex me
I’m from ogun state and my mom is from delta
If you reach my town for ijebu ode
You go cry 😢
Bad roads everywhere
No light
No work
Nothing
Worst now fear of headsmen everywhere

You can’t compare it to where my mom village in delta state
Infact my mom village go de compete with lekki for Lagos
If you have a friend in delta state let them tell you about abraka or Jesse town

If I go my papa village that same day I do go back
And people will still have the mind to vote in bad leaders just because na from em state or tribe or religion
I can’t do that
God forbide I’m too intelligent for that

2 Likes

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by forgiveness: 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
opamoses1:

Even cocoa money was used in developing the SW region before oil became commercial. Awolowo used the commonwealth of the SW to develop the industrial hubs of Lagos and Ogun. The Lagos immediately after independence was just a small part of Lagos Island.

You're right but nevertheless the wealth from that small part of Lagos Island was used to build roads, railway and other major infrastructures across the country before Awolowo used cocoa money to build Ikeja from the scratch and others places in South West.

In fact, at a point, Ibadan surpassed Lagos in terms of infrastructures. Tallest building, stadium, first TV station etc were exiting in Ibadan before Lagos.

As you rightly said, Cocoa oil developed SW ever before the oil boom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
IGR per region and IGR per population. The south west is indeed the envy of Nigeria.

I am glad, the North majorly voted Tinubu. He needs to work his magic all over Nigeria.

Stop jor,U can't expect a state loaded with so much oil to task it's people like U do in SW nah. We are like UAE, with the oil we don't push so much for IGR. Still sha if U add our oil money from the whole of SS it will dwarf the entire SW.
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
forgiveness:

You're right but nevertheless the wealth from that small part of Lagos Island was used to build roads, railway and other major infrastructures across the country before Awolowo used cocoa money to build Ikeja from the scratch and others places in South West.

In fact, at a point, Ibadan surpassed Lagos in terms of infrastructures. Tallest building, stadium, first TV station etc were exiting in Ibadan before Lagos.

As you rightly said, Cocoa oil developed SW ever before the oil boom.

STOP HOLDING ON TO PAST GLORY. Before now Ekiti used to be seen as the most educated people in Nigeria, but today SS and SE have the most educated people.
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Raskimonojendor: 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
misano:

Stop jor,U can't expect a state loaded with so much oil to task it's people like U do in SW nah. We are like UAE, with the oil we don't push so much for IGR. Still sha if U add our oil money from the whole of SS it will dwarf the entire SW.
As long as it betters the life of the people. No wahala.
We in the SW are doing just fine.

2 Likes

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by steeltrust: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

To get Biafria. They need to start with their governors, senators and HOR members.ibos shooting themselves in the east via ESN, IPOB/UGM is foolishness of the highest order.

Ps: they should also blame their predicament on Azikiwe who forcefully joined the regions together despite protest from Awolowo and Bello.
the last time I checked about granting referendum to certain region
It majority yarning or the people that will make the fed. Listen to them and grant them
Why that is aside
When ip0b was formed and they call for negotiation to exit from Nigeria
What did buhari do
He sent in soldiers to kill them

The insecurity in south east was the hand work of buhari govt

Thesame ipob where form and where ignore systematically by Gej and we didn’t even know they exist

Bro
you don’t need house of rep or senate to do a referendum.
Free Nnamdi Kanu
Create a Bilot
And see if they won’t vote to live the federation
Let it be done just like the way Irish did when they wanted to live uk
They simple granted the wish of the people and didn’t wait for senate or govt approval
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Raskimonojendor: 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

From that Stat, We are doing fantastically well in the SW. I support the SW governor's push for more autonomy and regional style of government.

2 Likes

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
steeltrust:
bro the thing de vex me
You go cry 😢
Bad roads everywhere
No light
No work
Nothing

If you have a friend in delta state let them tell you about abraka or Jesse town

And people will still have the mind to vote in bad leaders just because na from em state or tribe or religion
I can’t do that

Thanks for saying the truth. It's an insult to compare Ogun state to Delta nah. What nonsense. Let's not even go to Rivers or Akwa Ibom that is tagged as the cleanest state in Nigeria with the best road network.
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by forgiveness: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
misano:

STOP HOLDING ON TO PAST GLORY. Before now Ekiti used to be seen as the most educated people in Nigeria, but today SS and SE have the most educated people.

Till today, Ogun state is the most industrialized state in Nigeria. Lagos state is the most developed while Oyo state has the largest city in the whole of West Africa.

The glory is still upon the SW.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
steeltrust:
the last time I checked about granting referendum to certain region
It majority yarning or the people that will make the fed. Listen to them and grant them
Why that is aside
When ip0b was formed and they call for negotiation to exit from Nigeria
What did buhari do
He sent in soldiers to kill them

The insecurity in south east was the hand work of buhari govt

Thesame ipob where form and where ignore systematically by Gej and we didn’t even know they exist

Bro
you don’t need house of rep or senate to do a referendum.
Free Nnamdi Kanu
Create a Bilot
And see if they won’t vote to live the federation
Let it be done just like the way Irish did when they wanted to live uk
They simple granted the wish of the people and didn’t wait for senate or govt approval
Tobore, Referendum has to be done via the constitution. Azikiwe ensured that this was left out.

If the South Easterners want referendum, they need to lobby their policitians to push that in Abuja. Killing themselves in the South East won't bring Biafra. People will intead laugh at the foolishness.

That's the whole point.
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
forgiveness:

Till today, Ogun state is the most industrialized state in Nigeria. Lagos state is the most developed while Oyo state has the largest city in the whole of West Africa.

That's why I said that this thread is just borne out of hatred and envy.

1 Like

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

As long as it betters the life of the people. No wahala.
We in the SW are doing just fine.

But don't drag height with Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom e get why. A Permanent Secretary in Delta state is like a commissioner of finance in Ondo state. I have seen them, the diff is clear.

The official car given to a PS in Delta is a 2021 Prado, please tell me the official car for Ondo PS?
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by steeltrust: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Tobore, Referendum has to be done via the constitution. Azikiwe ensured that this was left out.

If the South Easterners want referendum, they need to lobby their policitians to push that in Abuja. Killing themselves in the South East won't bring Biafra. People will intead laugh at the foolishness.

That's the whole point.
I can’t hit my full chest that what is going on in southeast are done by some people of buhari govt
Just to score some cheap political goals

And besides why you de call my urhobo name
😂😅🤣

In your heart you know the Nigeria state is not fair in the Igbos

I know if Alex of airpeace come to contest for president in the future you will say his ipob and can never rule this country when contesting again mc oluomo or gandollar
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Raskimonojendor: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2023
misano:

But don't drag height with Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom e get why. A Permanent Secretary in Delta state is like a commissioner of finance in Ondo state. I have seen them, the diff is clear.

The official car given to a PS in Delta is a 2021 Prado, please tell me the official car for Ondo PS?
So that's your own definition of riches..we are talking about how the people benefit and not how politicians enrich themselves. Look at the IGR per population not what official car a governor or commissioner drives
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by forgiveness: 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
steeltrust:
bro the thing de vex me
You go cry 😢
Bad roads everywhere
No light
No work
Nothing

I can’t do that

Are you joking? I have been to Agbor, Asaba, Warri and Isseluku.

If not for the current governor, Asaba was a village compared to other state capital.

Moreover, my experience of Warri was the potopoto roads everywhere. Nothing special.

You can't even compare Warri with Ikorodu but you want to compare a town inferior to Warri with Lekki!

You bi pikin?

Ogun state is far more developed than Delta state in all ratification.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by steeltrust: 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
misano:

Thanks for saying the truth. It's an insult to compare Ogun state to Delta nah. What nonsense. Let's not even go to Rivers or Akwa Ibom that is tagged as the cleanest state in Nigeria with the best road network.
bro I’ll always stand for the truth weda my papa, mama, pastor, or my tribesman de involve

Honesty is my watch word In everything I do

1 Like

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by forgiveness: 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

That's why I said that this thread is just borne out of hatred and envy.

Well, through education their hatred MUST be cured.

1 Like

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
forgiveness:

Let's talk wealth nah. Ogun and Oyo together nor reach Akwa Ibom.

The salary of a Delta State Director (not even PS) is what they pay commissioner in Osun state. 😂😂😂
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
steeltrust:
I can’t hit my full chest that what is going on in southeast are done by some people of buhari govt
Just to score some cheap political goals

And besides why you de call my urhobo name
😂😅🤣

In your heart you know the Nigeria state is not fair in the Igbos

I know if Alex of airpeace come to contest for president in the future you will say his ipob and can never rule this country when contesting again mc oluomo or gandollar
In other words, Kanu and Ekpa works for the Buhari Government. Okay.

When you talk about fair, Soludo already discussed that in full length last November, 2022. Go and read his tweets, then You would understand how Nigerian politics work.

Ig Ibos present a good candidate, I will vote for that person over a poor candidate from the North. E.g. if Soludo was to run against Atiku, I will surely vote Soludo.
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
forgiveness:

If not for the current governor, Asaba was a village compared to other state capital.

Moreover, my experience of Warri was the potopoto roads everywhere. Nothing special.

You can't even compare Warri with Ikorodu but you want to compare a town inferior to Warri with Lekki!

You bi pikin?

Ogun state never get airport but U are dragging shoulder with Delta state that has 2 functioning airport. Continue.
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by steeltrust: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
forgiveness:

You bi pikin?

see this one which warri you see potopoto
You de jonez honestly

Asaba is springing up
But you see warri
It the commercial nerve of delta no de talk Watin you know no
You can never see a road that isn’t tired in warri

Lemme call this major towns for you
Abraka
Jesse
And maybe sapele

Money when you go take rent two bedroom for lekki you go use am rent selfcon for these town

Yahoo boys and the university has made these town so expensive that they stand shoulder to shoulder with lekki
If you have a friend in delta ask them

No play bros
Balling is a different thing in these town

No play
Ogun na village for where delta de na
Brown roof everywhere
Abeg stop
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by forgiveness: 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
misano:

Let's talk wealth nah. Ogun and Oyo together nor reach Akwa Ibom.

The salary of a Delta State Director (not even PS) is what they pay commissioner in Osun state. 😂😂😂

I have been to Uyo, Ikot Epkene, Essies Udim etc. From what I saw, the people are not different from other Nigeria living on 30k mininum wages and doing petty business.

But Oyo and Ogun state stand out because they have thriving service sector that generates wealth for the inhabitants. That's why people will rush down to Ibadan, Abeokuta, Sango Ota, Mowe/Ibafo, Agbara, Sagamu etc ahead of those aforementioned cities in Akwa Ibom. Do you get the drift?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by misano(m): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

So that's your own definition of riches..we are talking about how the people benefit and not how politicians enrich themselves. Look at the IGR per population not what official car a governor or commissioner drives
grin grin grin

I am talking about Civil Servants not politicians. Go Delta, Asaba and U we know what is called wealth. Una dey play.

1 Like

Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by steeltrust: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

In other words, Kanu and Ekpa works for the Buhari Government. Okay.

When you talk about fair, Soludo already discussed that in full length last November, 2022. Go and read his tweets, then You would understand how Nigerian politics work.

Ig Ibos present a good candidate, I will vote for that person over a poor candidate from the North. E.g. if Soludo was to run against Atiku, I will surely vote Soludo.
it the effect of his bad policies that have rise to nmk and ekpa

He’s nepotism on appointment is glaring all over the country
And besides a soludo that is Igbo reject
That belongs to the caucus that doesn’t want Nigeria to grow you will support

Well I’m not surprise sha
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by capetownboyz(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
ObiORBiafra:

Lol.. why not SE? Give me one good reason a SS person will attack S'Westerner like this?
ohh but you guys are free to attack south east ..you must be really mad ..anuofia .
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 9:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
steeltrust:
it the effect of his bad policies that have rise to nmk and ekpa

He’s nepotism on appointment is glaring all over the country
And besides a soludo that is Igbo reject
That belongs to the caucus that doesn’t want Nigeria to grow you will support

Well I’m not surprise sha
Soludo is APGA. What political party can be more igbotic than APGA in the South East?

Kanu had been shouting upandan from the days of Jonathan. It started with Uwazurike first.
Re: No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom by RAND250: 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
misano:

Dreamer, Ogun can never have more money than Bayelsa. Add Oyo, Osun together they are still very poor compared to Bayelsa.

Ur report is from the Multi Dimensional Poverty caused by FG, it has nothing to do with Beyelsa state. Besides, the government will have to step in to help ur failed Buhari.

Please check the vat generation by state sir
The top southern states are Lagos rivers and oyo

The op just posted photos that suit his narration

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference / How Many Countries Do We Have In This World / President Buhari And His Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.