Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. (203 Views)

Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. by Freethought(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
I came here about a month ago to complain about the excessive nepa bill my landlord wanted me to pay, after much deliberation, he paid part of the bill and we settled the outstanding debt.

The pumping machine for the house is on his meter, now that we will not be paying him nepa bill again, he asking for 1k per month from each tenant for pumping of water once a week.

I questioned how we will be paying 2k monthly and get water only once a week ( we are 2 using one small tank, we both are married).

Now he said i should move out if i cannot pay effectively from this month end, that he'll return my balance since my rent expires by June.

The thing here is, i can move out by the expiration of my current rent which is June buh i can't move now, too early to start looking for apartment.

I have never argued with the since since i entered the house until the issue of the outstanding bill. I really don't know what to do now.
Re: My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. by God1000(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
You just have to pay the money since you are not ready to move out now.
Re: My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. by Freethought(m): 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
God1000:
You just have to pay the money since you are not ready to move out now.

Okay, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
I suggest you should just be paying the money. It's less serious than what you'll go through to move out and relocate

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. by A4alpha: 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
He cannot send you packing just like that, he will have to go through court starting with serving you quit notice and all. you may leverage on that to gain more time. besides court process no be beans as it could take even longer time (years) before he could get that perfected.

But try and dialogue with him since you are there with your family. I hate parenting in an environment of hate and enmity.

My one cent though.
Thunder fire mandate thieves!! Ole!!!

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants Me To Move Out Before My Tenancy Agreement Expires. by Berrityga: 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pay the money. Manger till June and move out, or you go to kotonu and collect juju to chase your landlord out and take over the house lol..

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful 4bedroom Terrace Duplex For Sale, Chevron Lekki.. 52m / A Room Self-contained Available At Oke-afa / Fencing Products In The Market To Our Valued Customers In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.