Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? (2065 Views)

I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / 9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / 9-Year-Old Boy Rescues His Brother From Well (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Obavoh: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2023
My wife’s elder sister’s kids came to spend the holiday at my house.

The 2 boys are 9 and 7 years old. All they do all day is eat, play and watch tv.

I hate idleness so I suggested to my wife that we should send them to hawk fruits. We have a lot of fruit trees in my compound which are wasting away on the trees.

My wife refused and said they are too small. I told her I began hawking for my mum when I clocked 6 years and I expect my children to do the same. This caused a big quarrel between us.

My village is safe, the boys even go as far as the next village to play ball so I don’t know what is bad if they use their playing time to trade.

Hawking made me the smart, hardworking and responsible man I am today. All my life I have never begged or borrowed. I believe as long as one is not disabled or sick, you can easily make money. I want to teach my children this but my wife thinks differently.

6 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Cutehector(m): 11:27am On Apr 26, 2023
And a car knocks your children down or they get kidnapped all in the name of your stupid point which you are trying to prove how your mum made you hawk so your kids will hawk?

Foolishness.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 26, 2023
Cutehector:
And a car knocks your children down or they get kidnapped all in the name of your stupid point which you are trying to prove how your mum made you hawk so your kids will hawk?

Foolishness.

Indeed foolishness

9 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Flora2Sweet: 11:46am On Apr 26, 2023
You get mind sha....

Better send those kids back to their parents...
Mr Hawker

18 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by NoahHadNoArk: 11:52am On Apr 26, 2023
People still send kids to hawk?
while other kids are advancing in a tech age and world.

It’s poverty and laziness to send infants to make money for you.

Real foolishness

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by maureensylvia(f): 11:58am On Apr 26, 2023
@op Azhigba gi

2 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Klass99(f): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2023

5 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by frozen70(f): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Obavoh:

The 2 boys are 9 and 7 years old. All they do all day is eat, play and watch tv.

I hate idleness so I suggested to my wife that we should send them to hawk fruits. We have a lot of fruit trees in my compound which are wasting away on the trees.

My wife refused and said they are too small. I told her I began hawking for my mum when I clocked 6 years and I expect my children to do the same. This caused a big quarrel between us.

My village is safe, the boys even go as far as the next village to play ball so I don’t know what is bad if they use their playing time to trade.

Hawking made me the smart, hardworking and responsible man I am today. All my life I have never begged or borrowed. I believe as long as one is not disabled or sick, you can easily make money. I want to teach my children this but my wife thinks differently.

Tell me why you want your children to suffer before they make it

What makes you think those your sisters children will be smart to hawk

Are you comparing your time to this present generation

Or you just like to deal with people all in the name for them to struggle

Well, you are not expected to do so to any child, so just respect yourself to avoid problems

You can put them in school if you can afford their education or send them back to their parents

8 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by ekkywolex(m): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
Yes. its child abuse

7 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Divoc19(f): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
It's a good idea. If your village is safe and they even go playing in another village. Then it ok.
As for your wife, you'll have to talk to her differently and in many ways and languages for her to understand. Don't make it a big deal either

5 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Jozilinn: 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2023
Obavoh:

See mentality I hawked for my mom when I was 6 and I expect my kids to do the same,so you enjoyed hawking right,and running around the hot sun right... God will help those kids of yours Amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Foodqueen(f): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2023
No age is a barrier in hawking.

Let your children start too.

If hawking is the reason why you think you are this responsible without sense, then........

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by NoahHadNoArk: 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2023
Foodqueen:
No age is a barrier in hawking.

Let your children start too.

If hawking is the reason why you think you are this responsible without sense, then........

Epic 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by quincee88(f): 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
Obavoh, send the kids back to their parents asap. The food they're consuming in your house is already paining you. 2 extra mouths to feed, plus 4 other tiny little ones is just too much for you.

You are neither smart nor responsible, people who are, do not send infants to fetch them money from the street, at least not by hawking.

You are already feeding your little one with raw beans just so you cut cost, and also wearing her boys wear, again, to cut cost. These clothes you said were worn by your first baby. So just the first boy gets new clothing occasionally, others just wear after him. Tell me why 2 extra mouths wouldn't be a big deal. Plus your wife just dashed you #500 in her first day of business. Abeg, I'm tired of remembering and having to type all your family brouhaha here. JUST SEND THEM BACK!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by NoahHadNoArk: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
quincee88:
Obavoh, send the kids back to their parents asap. The food they're consuming in your house is already paining you. 2 extra mouths to feed, plus 4 other tiny little ones is just too much for you.

You are neither smart nor responsible, people who are, do not send infants to fetch them money from the street, at least not by hawking.

You are already feeding your little one with raw beans just so you cut cost, and also wearing her boys wear, again, to cut cost. These clothes you said were worn by your first baby. So just the first boy gets new clothing occasionally, others just wear after him. Tell me why 2 extra mouths wouldn't be a big deal. Plus your wife just dashed you #500 in her first day of business. Abeg, I'm tired of remembering and having to type all your family brouhaha here. JUST SEND THEM BACK!

🤣🤣🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by sageb: 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Obavoh:

@Obavoh you always come here to catch cruise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Foodqueen(f): 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
quincee88:

The feeding them with raw beans part really got me.

How did I miss that thread🙆🙆🙆🙆

This guy na disgrace 😁😁😁😁

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
What do you expect a 9 and 7-year old to be doing? In a saner climate they would be out playing with their little friends, riding their bicycles, or engaged in after-school extracurricular activities. You don't send them out on the streets to go hawk. That's child abuse. You're senseless.

Obavoh:

But somehow you're still living in poverty and impregnating your poor wife back-to-back to booth. Secondly, go do the hawking yourself if you're such an advocate of it, or send your own kids out to do it. Leave your sister's kids out of it or better yet, send them back to her and leave them out of your nonsense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by quincee88(f): 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2023
Foodqueen:

The feeding them with raw beans part really got me.

How did I miss that thread🙆🙆🙆🙆

This guy na disgrace 😁😁😁😁

Obavoh is a very somehow individual. Did you see his last post? "How do I prevent/ensure my wife does not remarry after I die"? Is that really what a normal person should be worried for? The only baby girl he has wears clothes her 3 elder brothers wore before her, plus he grinds maize, guinea corn, and beans and feeds her in place of golden morn, because obavoh is just stupidly smart. None of these are worries to him. Who says this isn't a very somehow person.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by TheBTCinvestor: 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2023
Obavoh:

Ur a fo.ol how can u send small kids who are just 7 years to hawk? Omo some people on this forum are really mentally retarded and shud be locked up..cos u were miserably raised does not mean ul pass that down to innocent kids...i pray those kids get missing so ul spend ur life begind bars..idiot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by quincee88(f): 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Ur a fo.ol how can u send small kids who are just 7 years to hawk? Omo some people on this forum are really mentally retarded and shud be locked up..cos u were miserably raised does not mean ul pass that down to innocent kids...i pray those kids get missing so ul spend ur life begind bars..idiot

Bro, not a good prayer they go missing just so he learns a lesson. I unpray such prayer.

1 Like

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by MasterJayJay: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2023
Some people always believe what anyone says about themselves. You guys should stop attacking the poster.
Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by GboyegaD(m): 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
This Op na proper definition of "Never ending story".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Obavoh: 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
Klass99:
Your village is safe? Are you no longer from Benue State and in Benue State, where fulani herds men keep wrecking havoc on communities?

I like the idea of teaching young children how to fish from an early age but Obavoh please rest with all these wonderful threads you create and find another way to meaningfully engage those children.

I am not from Benue state. I do not live in Benue. Where I live with my family is safe and sound.
Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Nice2023(m): 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
Man,pls shrug-off this old thinking.

Because u went through a tough life does not mean u should allow other people's kids to tow the same path.

I once hawked soap for my mum in Lagos and I don't think it is wise decision today.

I sold fish also but if I allow my children to the Same today,I will consider myself a failure let alone seeing other people's children do it.

There are other ways u can make the smart and street oriented rather than the unforgivable hard life.
Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Klass99(f): 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2023
Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by JeffreyJunior: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2023
There are other ways to instill discipline in them.

You started hawking for your mum at the age of six doesn't make it right to subject those kids to that kind of struggle.

Your mum if given options would not have allowed you do that so please, have a rethink and listen to your wife.

Find ways to engage them in mind boggling games. You can teach them chess and I bet you, they will never play outside ever again.

My dad did that to me when I was little and it worked.

1 Like

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2023
This dolt is the real definition of uselessness

5 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by wunmi590(m): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2023

Ani werey ni wo bobo yì sè

3 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Esope6320: 2:03am On Apr 27, 2023
I hawked “cold pure water” and later graduated to hawking “hot fufu” in a very popular market.
Vowed none of my children will ever go through that line

5 Likes

Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by ibrutex(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2023
Where do you stay , Village ?? Do your kids hawk too??
Re: Is A 9 Year Old Boy Too Young To Hawk? by Sirqt5(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2023
Lalasticlala
Nlfpmod

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out The Marriage Proposal, You Will Be Stunned / Pls. Women Only. Check This Out / Fathers In The House: Would You Ever Do This? (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.