Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours (39788 Views)

Armed Forces Regimental Dinner In Honour Of President Buhari (Pictures, Videos) / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Abubakar Cry & Begs Nigerian Army New (video) / Buhari To Unveil $70m Oshodi Transport Interchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Hassanmaye(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:
That's not what the country needs at this time

And I think it's about time that the Arabic inscription on the army logo/symbol is removed
God forbid never

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by vickydevoka(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2023
Johans2023:
must it be written in Arabic? What is the connection between Arab and Nigeria? Why not English or our local languages?
They own Nigeria. You can’t do anything
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by okoroemeka(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

And I think it's about time that the Arabic inscription on the army logo/symbol is removed
i doubt if 70-80% of the army personnel can read Arabic,to me it is the eagle,it doesn't reflect the strength,agility , aggressiveness and poise of an eagle,it looks more like a village masquerade in enugu state.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

No be this dey suprise me ! Na the Arabic inscriptions wey I see for everywhere in Israel ! Na em dey take disturb me

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by 9jaRealist: 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
9jaRealist:
English is Nigeria’s ONLY official language…
Although Section 55 of the Constitution also allows for the use of Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa for legislative business.

Arabic is NOT, and has NEVER been, an official language under Nigerian law…
I used to think this inscription was in Hausa (as in the currency), but if it’s Arabic it needs to be removed promptly.
>
PS: I also think that Section 55 of the Constitution should be amended and replaced with “indigenous” languages…
If we earnestly believe in the EQUALITY of all Nigerians, every citizen’s language (and culture) should be EQUAL to others.
>

Actually, on second thoughts…

Nigeria’s official language should be PIDGIN!
EVERY Nigerian speaks and/or understands Pidgin to some extent.
>
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by tsdarkside(m): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

It should be written in English and not Arabic language

Nigeria is not Islamic or Arabic state

it looks different than normal arabic to me.... undecided undecided
i dont know arabic that much....but this looks a bit different....
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Pasadena14: 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2023
This is Bias!
This is Injustice!! This is Unfair!!!

Open Letter to *Inspector General of Police* ; Nigeria Police Force, The *Force Education Officer ; Nigeria Police Force Education Unit, The Director ; Federal Civil Service Commission.

Upon hearing the good news of the approved 40% pay rise for the federal civil servants most especially we teachers on CONPSS SALARY STRUCTURE* which is consider to be the poorest salary structure in Nigeria, happiness run-over our veins, smiles takeover our faces, our body system encounter relieve off the economy crisis we are facing in our dear country, we are jubilating, praising the Lord and lauding our dear President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; General Muhammad Buhari for his kind gesture not knowing that we will be cutoff from benefitting from the pay rise of which we are duly entitle to benefit as stated by the Federal Civil Service Commission after all we are under CONPSS SALARY STRUCTURE and others civil servants under this salary structure received and benefitted from the pay rise this very month of April. But we teachers serving under *Nigeria Police Force Education Unit* were denied our rights. This is not the first but we pray to be the last.
Being a staff working under police organization is the greatest mistake we ever made in our life. Teachers in *Nigeria Police Force Education Unit* don't know where they're belong to, that is, there is no umbrella for them to stay under, they are neither police personnel nor civil servants. When something valuable comes to police personnel, they would exclude Teachers, they describe teachers as civilian and they could only benefit from what other *federal government teachers are benefiting* . But when something related to work arises, they would say teachers are part of police and they are doing police work. Whereas, if benefit comes from federal for federal teachers to benefit, police will seize it. They failed to take care of all teachers entitlement but they want teachers to serve them better. No way!

40% pay rise is our right, pay it!

Teachers serving under Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force have started enjoying this befitting benefit*

*You claim to be our friend, show it!*

The Inspector General of Police

The Force Education Officer

The State Commissioner of Police

The O/C MSS

Police Service Commission

Federal Civil Service Commission

The Nigeria Labor Congress

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

40% pay rise is our right, we deserve it and we were given, please, release it!

Police Children Schools Teachers
Police Secondary Schools Teachers

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by 9jaRealist: 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2023
tsdarkside:

it looks different than normal arabic to me.... undecided undecided
i dont know arabic that much....but this looks a bit different....

I used to think it was Hausa myself…
It might be Hausa written in ‘Arabic’ script.
>

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by tsdarkside(m): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2023
9jaRealist:

I used to think it was Hausa myself…
It might be Hausa written in ‘Arabic’ script.
>

i tut so too....it doesnt look the same like typical arabic....

you mean arabic alphabets....
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Ezmans: 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

It means "victory comes from god alone"!
why not write it in English our official language?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Brushstrokes20: 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2023
# All motion, NO MOVEMENT! undecided
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Dubetex96(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

God
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by tsdarkside(m): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2023
Ezmans:

why in english....??
language of colonizers....

no,write it in pidgin english....
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by lereinter(m): 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

Which language logo did you desire?

🙄
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by ibtommy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
Sha carry your load and go.. You really affected us adversely.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by lereinter(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
Ezmans:

Maybe arabic is NA tactical language
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Demurray: 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

So it can't be written in English which is our official language?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Naija4love(m): 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

sorry oh, that as being there before your grandfather was born and secondly Nigeria is islamic country, Know this you know peace of mind.
Google is your friend check it.
Nigeria is member of OIC

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by DisLifeSha: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
It should be written in English

Wagwanbrethren:

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Godons1: 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Celebrating trooping of the colour but cannot win war against boko haram and unknown gunmen is baffling tongue

Okoro, enter any Army Barack go talk wetin you talk so. Make our galant Soldiers use you do target practice. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Mikeeytools: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
You may use rope because it won't be changed.

Arabic is also official language just as English, stop being insensitive.

Between, why are you so much engrossed with Lagos, when will you use moniker related to Imo State, like Prince of Orlu, Ashiwaju of orlu, oloye of orlu
you must find way to tribalize everything. Buffon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by davillian(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Regiment Kee you there
Ragtag bh boys are showing us pepper for how many years now....

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by daveP(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
That Arabic need to be removed. I know the meaning but pls remove it. Unless they are saying that ove 70% of personnel in the army use arabic. Let's be guided abeg. English is preferred.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Naija4love(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Himtulie247:
No be this dey suprise me ! Na the Arabic inscriptions wey I see for everywhere in Israel ! Na em dey take disturb me
arabic is language not religion you can educate yourself by checking google for answers. Na only Nigeria Christian call Arabic religion

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Drello4real: 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2023
They should remove the Arabic

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Theunbothered: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
You may use rope because it won't be changed.

Arabic is also official language just as English, stop being insensitive.

Between, why are you so much engrossed with Lagos, when will you use moniker related to Imo State, like Prince of Orlu, Ashiwaju of orlu, oloye of orlu

Arabic is not an official language in Nigeria, it is not even spoken by 1% of the population.

Government simpletons are doing too much to act smart.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Ara21(f): 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Let it be written in English so we can all read it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Rhozabeth(m): 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2023
Can someone tell me why our army logo has arabic on it? I don't understand becos we dont speak arabic in this country!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Naija4love(m): 7:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

It should be written in English and not Arabic language

Nigeria is not Islamic or Arabic state
Oga Nigeria is Islamic country. Google dey your phone
Nigeria is member of OIC
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by BIGDADDY000(m): 7:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

Absolutely right, it doesn't bring us any good fortune, and besides Nigeria is not an Islamic country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by MeineMutter: 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

But you will be fine if they write it in Hebrew, even though Jesus Christ was not a Jew? Just to remove it is your priority, abi?

Do you think it is the inscription that is making them win or loose battle or war?

Go for MRI scan and also check you AI KIU (IQ). Religion bigotry is eating deeper into that flaaaaaat ed.

Try to understand the meaning of what’s written in that language but not the language used in writing it.

I am certain you will like to see Bibles translated into Arabic to win more Arab or Muslim souls but you won’t be happy to see an inscription written in Arabic but which has nothing to do with religious beliefs.

Why can’t you kick against Bibles written in Arabic?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by FOOTSOLDIER1: 7:42pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Nigeria is not an Islamic state!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap Abia State University Students, Ikpeazu Reacts / APC Brooms Burnt In Kachia Local Government Kaduna (Photos) / 33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.