Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours (39786 Views)

Armed Forces Regimental Dinner In Honour Of President Buhari (Pictures, Videos) / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Abubakar Cry & Begs Nigerian Army New (video) / Buhari To Unveil $70m Oshodi Transport Interchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Mamijoh(f): 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

It should be written in English and not Arabic language

Nigeria is not Islamic or Arabic state
Colonised by British
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by hadjipapiey(m): 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:
That's not what the country needs at this time

And I think it's about time that the Arabic inscription on the army logo/symbol is removed

Wailers..something that has been there since time immemorial.

I laff
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Iseoluwani: 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

It means "victory comes from god alone"!

Nigeria is not an Islamic country

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Zaikon(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
Johans2023:
must it be written in Arabic? What is the connection between Arab and Nigeria? Why not English or our local languages?
We hav Arabs in Borno
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Newnas(m): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

And I think it's about time that the Arabic inscription on the army logo/symbol is removed

Isn't it aboki army again?
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Newnas(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2023
Johans2023:
must it be written in Arabic? What is the connection between Arab and Nigeria? Why not English or our local languages?
The connection between Arabs and Nigeria is that Nigeria is majority Muslim and Arabic is the identity of Muslims.

If you want Hebrew then it's fine. But, God forbid English that is a signature of enslavement.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by 9jaRealist: 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2023
compton11:
nigga let people use the language that suits them afterall Jesus red cross is used as our ambulance logo and Sunday is chose to be rest day and u don't see anybody complain plus the northerners have been using Arabic/ajami as their writing style before the European came

Are you laboring under a comprehension deficit?
Did I say anyone shouldn’t use “language that suits them”?!

People are free to speak fake ‘akata’ or whatever suits them…
But language in official Nigerian insignia should be in Nigeria’s official (or indigenous) language!

>

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by 9jaRealist: 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
compton11:
nigga let people use the language that suits them afterall Jesus red cross is used as our ambulance logo and Sunday is chose to be rest day and u don't see anybody complain plus the northerners have been using Arabic/ajami as their writing style before the European came

Btw, they’re free to continue to use it for their local insignia or from symbols “before the European came”…
But “the European” (sic) coming is the ONLY reason we’re in ONE nation called Nigeria, they can’t use it in Nigerian NATIONAL symbols.
>

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by 9jaRealist: 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2023
Newnas:

The connection between Arabs and Nigeria is that Nigeria is majority Muslim and Arabic is the identity of Muslims.

If you want Hebrew then it's fine. But, God forbid English that is a signature of enslavement.

Exactly! Since Islam came to Nigeria without violence and ‘enslavement’…oh wait undecided
>

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Johans2023: 11:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
Newnas:

what has the Arabs ever contributed for the growth of Nigeria? The US and the UK gave us some money for our elections, they also contribute immensely during the Nigerian civil war, even the fight against Boko Haram get momentum when the super Tukano Jets arrived Nigeria and those jets were sold to us by the US.
Statistically,as it stand the US is the highest foreign investor we have. Now my question is what has the Arabs ever done to our country?
Talking about majority of Nigerians are Muslims, I don't where you get your information but I can argue that with facts available to me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Johans2023: 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2023
Zaikon:
We hav Arabs in Borno
are they more than the Hausa? Are they citizen of this country?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Cooleasy(m): 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
So Nwachukwu is still a Brigadier-General after over 6 years that I met him at yaba.
Smh!
I wanted to ask: is he related to Ike Nwachukwu?
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Emmasnoop(m): 3:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Sai baba, he clear for everybody eyes, most Nigerians are useless they keep supporting evil and expect good results, another hazard to be unveil as president next, I sorry sorry oh I sorry for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Walamide: 6:26am On Apr 27, 2023
This man is tired of ruling. Can't he just handover to Osibanjo to finish the rest
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by sleemomymy: 6:26am On Apr 27, 2023
OloyeOfLagos:

Please how does the Arabic affect your daily income?
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Chucks13: 6:35am On Apr 27, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Yes, we know but what stop the govt writen it as you said in simple in the 3 major dialects in Nigeria or English which is our official language?

We don't speak Arabic and we are not Arabic colony but some complexity maniac syndrome human think changing it is a direct challenge to them and they see that inscription as their gate fee to heaven, they mixed religion with language.

Jonathan attempted to remove it then was among the crime he committed and they wanted him out by all means.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Newnas(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2023
9jaRealist:

Exactly! Since Islam came to Nigeria without violence and ‘enslavement’…oh wait undecided
>
Yes, Islam came to Nigeria without violence and enslavement.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Newnas(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2023
Johans2023:
what has the Arabs ever contributed for the growth of Nigeria? The US and the UK gave us some money for our elections, they also contribute immensely during the Nigerian civil war, even the fight against Boko Haram get momentum when the super Tukano Jets arrived Nigeria and those jets were sold to us by the US.
Statistically,as it stand the US is the highest foreign investor we have. Now my question is what has the Arabs ever done to our country?
Talking about majority of Nigerians are Muslims, I don't where you get your information but I can argue that with facts available to me.

The US is the largest foreign parasite we have.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Caseless: 7:26am On Apr 27, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

The illiterate won't get it. We can have latin on our insignia ,but having arabic there because of some religious idiots.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Danabu(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2023
What do you expect from person wet enter power with change done?
He CD to change Nigeria from naira to dollars vaue, new Naira appearance no oursoldiers outfits . what next?
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 8:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Why must it be in Arabic?

Is Arabic Nigeria's official language?

What proportion of our population speaks/understands Arabic?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Sammy5413(m): 8:24am On Apr 27, 2023
Buhari in his 100 years will still be more fit than our Nigerian Escobar
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by Blackdisciple(m): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2023
Lolz something wey Boko haram, ISWAP already has it...
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by tonyshine01: 8:57am On Apr 27, 2023
A mischievous person will still tell you that it is not Arabic but Hausa languagewritten with Arabic characters. 😆
OloyeOfLagos:

Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by compton11(m): 9:30am On Apr 27, 2023
9jaRealist:

Btw, they’re free to continue to use it for their local insignia or from symbols “before the European came”…
But “the European” (sic) coming is the ONLY reason we’re in ONE nation called Nigeria, they can’t use it in Nigerian NATIONAL symbols.
>
see this one, I'm sure u won't be angry if it is french it Hebrew that is there.
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by compton11(m): 9:32am On Apr 27, 2023
9jaRealist:

Are you laboring under a comprehension deficit?
Did I say anyone one shouldn’t use “language that suits them”?!

People are free to speak fake ‘akata’ or whatever suits them…
But language in official Nigerian insignia should be in Nigeria’s official (or indigenous) language!

>
Pele oooo Mr official language, I think it is time to remove Sunday as our resting day too
Re: Buhari To Unveil Nigerian Army’s New Regimental Colours by 9jaRealist: 3:20am On Apr 28, 2023
Newnas:

Yes, Islam came to Nigeria without violence and enslavement.

Uthman Dan Fodio must have been handing out candy in the North between 1804-1810…oh wait. SMH undecided
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap Abia State University Students, Ikpeazu Reacts / PHOTO: Student Turned Back At Govt House Gate After Trekking To Meet Governor / 33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.