Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

� Warning!!! "Take Caution When Signing ✍️a Legal Document" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / � Warning!!! "Take Caution When Signing ✍️a Legal Document" (264 Views)

Do You Know You Can Generate Any Legal Document From Your Desk? / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Nigeria Marine/merchant Navy : A Legal Or An Illegal Body ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

� Warning!!! "Take Caution When Signing ✍️a Legal Document" by redeff06: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2023
FOR LAWYERS AND NON-LAWYERS.

When you're required to sign documents or agreements, pay attention to the numbering of pages. One of the dirty practices is for the adverse party to omit a page that contains sensitive and dangerous clauses, which they later insert into the copies after your signature. They can also insert it only into their copy if they can't lay hands on yours. Theirs is likely to be admitted in evidence and I'll explain how they do it.

Let's say there is a document of 50 pages. They'll number each page from 1 to 50, but when sending you the document, they'll omit page 33 (which has very sensitive clauses that are not favourable to you). Page 32 will usually be an end of a part of the document, while 34 will be the beginning of another (obviating the likelihood of you suspecting foul play).

When you sign it, they might require you to forward the copy for them to sign, then they'll sneak in page 33, which is likely a page with hostile clauses. You'll realise there is such page in your document when it is too late. If they've signed before it gets to you, they won't need to require you to send it back, but they will put the page in theirs, since it has been executed by parties.

When the matter degenerates into a lawsuit, the Court is more likely to believe them than you, because if page 33 is missing from a document of 50 pages and the said page is the heart of the matter, it would be taken that you removed it to evade liabilities.

Be very careful, but then, have a thorough lawyer by your side. Those devils do wonder.

Be careful. A "simple" mistake can sink your fortune. This is one of the discoveries I've made and it is happening for the 3rd time in my career life.

- Written by David Oluwasegun Ogundipe

[🌟For more vital info like this, follow me on my Facebook page: facebook.com/ofmchoir ]

Worth sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Additional Income While At Work / Deleted / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.