Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? (5397 Views)

Buhari Orders Investigation Of Ibrahim Lamorde, EFCC Boss / Al-qaeda Condemns Isis ‘deviance’ After Jordanian Pilot-burning Video / Libyan Rebels Describe How They Torture, ra.pe And Kill Their Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 23, 2011
So what has been done to the culprits in that video?

A month or some ago, a boy was burnt on spot because he stole a necklace. Has anyone been arrested or has the case been swept under the rug?

Will the same happen with the ABSU gang ra-pe?

Which way, Naijiriya?
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by arsenefc: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^^

You should go down to Nigeria and find out yourself.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Pukkah: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2011
arsenefc:

^^^

Has she asked a wrong question? You should know that this is one of the uses of a forum like this.

@topic, the Nigeria Police is either dead or deeply asleep. They have lost all interest in genuine crime fighting or or capacity for intelligence gathering and the society is seriously suffering from the unparalleled fiasco they have become.  They simply wave serious matters to the side thinking that by doing so the problems would disappear.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^^ thanks jare.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by gokuu(m): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ ileke, all the id!ots that are supposed to investigate are busy denying the the whole thing. Hmmn, i'm getting tired of this country! Injustice everywhere!
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by ektbear: 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2011
No investigation, but the international media at least is covering the ra.pe:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10753591

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15032228

Wary of the damage to the state and the university's reputation, officials in Abia refused to back down.

The governor's wife issued a statement saying she was sure that there had been "no such inglorious act and ugly incident" at Abia State University.

Police maintained that with no victim there could be no investigation.

Abia government is a disgrace  sad
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by WilWily: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2011
Very very bad, These guys are Idiots.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by ektbear: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2011
Bad enough that this foolish TA Orji is disgracing his own state, but he doesn't need to disgrace Nigeria too undecided
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by WilWily: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
I wish i can catch these Idiots and torture them till they die slowly
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by proudly9ja(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
Pukkah:

Has she asked a wrong question? You should know that this is one of the uses of a forum like this.

@topic, the Nigeria Police is either dead or deeply asleep. They have lost all interest in genuine crime fighting or or capacity for intelligence gathering and the society is seriously suffering from the unparalleled fiasco they have become.  They simply wave serious matters to the side thinking that by doing so the problems would disappear.

The painful thing is, these our so called governors and ministers are not denying that someone was r.a.ped. So what if it didn't happen in Abia state or ABSU?? Is she a Nigerian? Yes, was she r.ap.ed by Nigerians? Yes. Did the crime occur in Nigeria? Yes, Then do something about it!

Anyways, I don't expect much. We are still looking for those who killed the Nation's AG, over 3 years after the crime
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by arsenefc: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2011
WilWily:

I wish i can catch these Idiots and torture them till they die slowly

Ibo people, thats all they are good for, r[b]a[/b]ping, torturing and cannibalism after torturing
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by gokuu(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Bad enough that this foolish TA Orji is disgracing his own state, but he doesn't need to disgrace Nigeria too  undecided
he is not only foolish, but a very stupid mad dog. Even the ABSU SUG have started singing the 'denial song'. T.A orji and his 'mgbeke' first lady should be flogged publicly!
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by mekaboy(m): 12:01am On Sep 24, 2011
how can u identify them without seeing their face?
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by redsun(m): 12:16am On Sep 24, 2011
Same way people like obj rapes nigerians.Heartlessness.Man inhumanity against man as result of stack ignorance,

They don't see anything wrong in what they are doing,it id more or less a norm in nigeria to hurt others.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by redsun(m): 12:17am On Sep 24, 2011
Same way people like obj rapes nigerians.Heartlessness.Man inhumanity against man's as result of stack ignorance,

They don't see anything  wrong in what they are doing,it is more or less a norm in nigeria to hurt others.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by redsun(m): 12:19am On Sep 24, 2011
Same way people like obj rapes nigerians.Heartlessness.Man inhumanity against man's as result of stack ignorance,

They don't see anything  wrong in what they are doing,it is more or less a norm in nigeria to hurt others.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by htajz: 12:42am On Sep 24, 2011
more girls are being raped everyday in nigeria and round the world and you people are hear insulting abia state governor, everybody should concentrate on finding out who the victim is and how to stop rape in nigeria and round the world even in the u.s with the highest number of rape cases in the world. insulting the governor will not get us anywhere
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by arsenefc: 12:52am On Sep 24, 2011
htajz:

more girls are being violated everyday in nigeria and round the world and you people are hear insulting abia state governor, everybody should concentrate on finding out who the victim is and how to stop violation in nigeria and round the world [size=18pt]even in the u.s[/size] with the highest number of violation cases in the world. insulting the governor will not get us anywhere

Only if Mr. SW aka Mr. Yoruba aka Mr. Ekiti would listen.

In the world the US has the highest number of r/a/p/e crimes, in terms of rate and number.

Despite a decline of 60% since 1993, the US still has a relatively high rate of violation when compared to other developed countries.[32] For more information, see the statistics subsection of the article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

And Mrs. Ekiti aka Idi-Ileke should know that she is more likely to be r/a/p/e/d in the US, at gun point, than in Nigeria.  As a matter of fact, WRT r/a/p/e , Nigeria is safer than her UF campus. But then, with an "orobo" brain sitting lazily on top an "orobo" body, I am not surprised at her stupidity and brainlessly brainless thread. grin

How you doing Ileke? Hope you alright?
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 24, 2011
Take this video off, can you imagine how distressing it would be for her family members to hear this audio?
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by ektbear: 2:03am On Sep 24, 2011
arsenefc:

Only if Mr. SW aka Mr. Yoruba aka Mr. Ekiti would listen.

In the world the US has the highest number of r/a/p/e crimes, in terms of rate and number.

Kindly explain of what relevance that is to this thread? Anyway, your own link contradicts what you just said.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by bkbabe97y(m): 3:26am On Sep 24, 2011
This is a very shameful event. So sad. I hope the sane ones amongst you remember though that WHEN fighting eventually breaks out in Round 2 of the Nigerian Civil War, these rapists are gonna be among the gun-weilding rebels you'll regularly see on tv committing all sorts of atrocities.

Just food for thought for those of you determined to put a tribal spin on everything (and defend evil) just because Satan speaks your language.

Peace.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Relax101(m): 3:35am On Sep 24, 2011
Ohh yeah, Satan reads the bible too.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by ghostofsparta(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So what has been done to the culprits in that video?

A month or some ago, a boy was burnt on spot because he stole a necklace. Has anyone been arrested or has the case been swept under the rug?

Will the same happen with the ABSU gang ra-pe?

Which way, Naijiriya?

Don't you think its high time we go our separate ways?

arsenefc:

^^^

she's already been there, that's why she's asking, so your sarcasm is uncalled for

Pukkah:

Is there really a Police system in Nigeria or doesn't it seem more like an institution of legalized felons in uniforms serving as one of the tools used by the hegemonists in power to effectuate their objective - TYRANNY

gokuu:

@ ileke, all the id!ots that are supposed to investigate are busy denying the the whole thing. Hmmn, i'm getting tired of this country! Injustice everywhere!

If they can deny/conceal several glaring facts about the ordeals of Yar'adua from the Nigerian people, if they can deny Bill Gates Visa Entry Application, if they can deny its citizen social infrastructures and basic amenities, why shouldn't they deny this?

ekt_bear:

Abia government is a disgrace  sad

Tell us one Nigerian state government that isn't a disgrace

arsenefc:

Ibo people, thats all they are good for, r[b]a[/b]ping, torturing and cannibalism after torturing

Don't pin this on the whole of Igbo people, that's highly stereotypical, Igbo people are very okay just as the Yorubas and northerners too are, the problem is the anomic condition that has gotten to most in a country that wasn't meant to be in the first place. There was an incident told by an elderly person who was among commuters who witnessed a young lady that was seen been forcefully carried away in broad day light Oshodi, Lagos by three thugs, taken away to be rapped because she dressed provocatively, he said seeing her clothes partly torn, struggling to free her self, shouting,, I shit you not about this story because I was so disturbed about the incident that I asked the elderly person why didn't anyone tried to helped her, and he simply said that no one dared intervene because everyone was simply shocked that such a thing could be happening in front of their eyes and also that because its OSHODI! implying it might be a trap.

htajz:

more girls are being violated everyday in nigeria and round the world and you people are hear insulting abia state governor, everybody should concentrate on finding out who the victim is and how to stop violation in nigeria and round the world even in the u.s with the highest number of violation cases in the world. insulting the governor will not get us anywhere

You got your fact wrong, USA isn't the country with the highest number of rape cases in the world if that's what you meant by "violation cases", its actually Congo and endemically South Africa, I think Nigeria is trying to join the contest but since we don't keep statistics and record of cases, so I guess that's just an hypothesis, but that doesn't mean that because its happens more in other nations of the world hence Nigeria's case should be considered fair as you response connotes. You say people are here insulting the Abia state governor instead of EVERYBODY to concentrate on finding out whoever the victim is, and then what? Take her to Police station and everyone gets rounded up as the perpetrator, so that the following day the headline news and tabloid could read: "7 Culprits Arrested in connection With Rapped ABSU Girl, others fled". Have you forgotten how the Nigerian police work?

arsenefc:

And Mrs. Ekiti aka Idi-Ileke should know that she is more likely to be r/a/p/e/d in the US, at gun point, than in Nigeria.  As a matter of fact, WRT r/a/p/e , Nigeria is safer than her UF campus. But then, with an "orobo" brain sitting lazily on top an "orobo" body, I am not surprised at her stupidity and brainlessly brainless thread.

arsenefc are you so sure Nigeria is safer a country, because families and relatives of those who lost their lives at that UN headquarter terrorist attack in Abuja would strongly disagree with you, why? because when America and other country affirms no more external attack on their homeland they meant it, they made it so and it was so, BUT here in Nigeria, after the Boko Haram bombing of UN headquarter, they were attacks before and after including threats here and there. You're right Nigeria's national security is infact the best in the world. GEJ and the govt. are always like "We don't condone, " assuring the citizens "Everything is under control". During the last election, the scores of NYSC corpers that lost their lives up north should have been raped instead of killed because you wrote "Nigeria is safer that her UF campus"

bk.babe97y:

This is a very shameful event. So sad. I hope the sane ones amongst you remember though that WHEN fighting eventually breaks out in Round 2 of the Nigerian Civil War, these rapists are gonna be among the gun-weilding rebels you'll regularly see on tv committing all sorts of atrocities.

Just food for thought for those of you determined to put a tribal spin on everything (and defend evil) just because Satan speaks your language.

Peace.

There was never a Nigerian Civil War, it was a genocidal war perfectly masterminded by some group against another group, create another thread and let's argue this out intelligently. Nigeria can be amicably be divided without any qualms, after all it was an amalgamation of incompatible tribes/ethnicities, a 1914 experiment conducted by the great British colonial masters that has not only failed but is also boomeranging on them in a particular way. Kudos! to them anyway. I pray war doesn't erupt again, because it might be worse than the combination of Sudan, Congo and Somalia crises and of which may affect the whole globe, how? I don't know. I admire Nigeria's resilience up to this extent, however its usually been cemented by the blood of mostly you the southerners, especially the Yorubas.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Bawss1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2011
htajz:

more girls are being violated everyday in nigeria and round the world and you people are hear insulting abia state governor, everybody should concentrate on finding out who the victim is and how to stop violation in nigeria and round the world even in the u.s with the highest number of violation cases in the world. insulting the governor will not get us anywhere

The kind of statement only a paid hack of T. Orji can make.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by bkbabe97y(m): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
ghostofsparta:

There was never a Nigerian Civil War, it was a genocidal war perfectly masterminded by some group against another group, create another thread and let's argue this out intelligently. Nigeria can be amicably be divided without any qualms, after all it was an amalgamation of incompatible tribes/ethnicities, a 1914 experiment conducted by the great British colonial masters that has not only failed but is also boomeranging on them in a particular way. Kudos! to them anyway. I pray war doesn't erupt again, because it might be worse than the combination of Sudan, Congo and Somalia crises and of which may affect the whole globe, how? I don't know. I admire Nigeria's resilience up to this extent, however its usually been cemented by the blood of mostly you the southerners, especially the Yorubas.

Im*becile, who said I wanted to argue? Are you Ok? I made a statement, a neutral one, and you commented on it. I did not initiate discussion. So, whats the "lets argue" bit about?!

And, what in my post would "betray the fact" that I'm a Nigerian "Southerner"?!?!

P.S:Clearly, the name you posted under is an alias and you definitely been on here before but are just trying to disguise your true self. Insecurity and these fuxcking Ibos. . . . . smh
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2011
It doesnt matter if she's a wh ore or not. . . . obviously, based on dialogues, the girl wanted it to end. She kept blocking them with her hands. She was ra ped, so you guys should stop making up useless excuse as to why the case should not be investigated.

It's sick. Most Nigerian men are nothing less than the rap ist in Congo. Women gets rap ed and the only thing you incompetent fo ols do is to make excuses AGAINST the victims. sickening.

@ghost

That question is irrelevant to my topic.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by snowdrops(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2011
This is really sick. These guys are monsters. Basically, planet earth would not miss them if they were executed. They are the reasons why death penalty should remain.

They all must be apprehended, and face the harshest of punishments. SERIOUSLY.

The way i feel right now, i wish i can hire 10 able bodied men, pay each a lump sum, to hunt down these guys, and leave the rest for me, them, my petrol and lighter.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by snowdrops(m): 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2011
And PLEASE moderators, can you take down that clip. It is too animalistic and dastardly.

Please ASAP.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2011
snowdrops:

This is really sick. These guys are monsters. Basically, planet earth would not miss them if they were executed. They are the reasons why death penalty should remain.

They all must be apprehended, and face the harshest of punishments.  SERIOUSLY.

The way i feel right now, i wish i can hire 10 able bodied men, pay each a lump sum, to hunt down these guys, and leave the rest for me, them, my petrol and lighter.

Sweety, that would be increasing crime. Their crime is not different from the one you wish you could do. We have other alternative  wink
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by htajz: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
Bawss1:

The kind of statement only a paid hack of T. Orji can make.

your very dumb , people are out there trying to find the victim and ways to prevent such from happening again and your here insulting the governor, oya keep insulting him lets see what you will benefit from it, olodo , typical nigeria rather than find solution and prevention you look for who to insult.
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by lepasharon(f): 1:28am On Sep 25, 2011
some ppl need to be blown up by the Boko Haram
Re: Youtube Burning Video In Lagos/ ABSU Gang Ra pe. No Investigation No Arrest? by ghostofsparta(m): 7:18am On Sep 25, 2011
After watching the video clip for the first time yesterday, I realized that since it was reported that after the ordeal the perpetrators distributed the video via phone to phone in school, hence one could deduce that these rapists premeditated the whole thing from the on-start because care was taken not to reveal any of their faces, the question is - what could be the motive behind it, because they might as well kept the video for their viewing pleasure if that was the reason for shooting it on phone, but they didn't, they sent it to out to others, so I think debasing the poor girl wasn't enough for those sick bastards, they wanted to damage her public image/persona psychologically, and of which the cause of this heinous deed might stem from a long standing feud/beef with those perps. I am just wondering aloud.

bk.babe97y:

Im*becile, who said I wanted to argue? Are you Ok? I made a statement, a neutral one, and you commented on it. I did not initiate discussion. So, whats the "lets argue" bit about?!

And, what in my post would "betray the fact" that I'm a Nigerian "Southerner"?!?!

P.S:Clearly, the name you posted under is an alias and you definitely been on here before but are just trying to disguise your true self. Insecurity and these fuxcking Ibos. . . . .  smh

Hey Mister, I mostly understand why you're so furious, some infuriating Nairalanders have pissed you off before so you think I am one of them. What I meant by the word 'argue' isn't the senseless/pointless naija style of arguing, I imply for us to discuss that particular issue intelligently, and you don't need to be insulting.

Argue from the dictionary says to give reasons for an opinion in order to support it

And yes I have been on Nairaland before, a long time ago and am not the whoever you presume me to be. Besides no one on NL is using is/her real identity to comment, which also includes you thus you shouldn't have said 'trying to disguise your true self.'

Ileke-IdI:

It doesnt matter if she's a wh ore or not. . . . obviously, based on dialogues, the girl wanted it to end. She kept blocking them with her hands. She was ra ped, so you guys should stop making up useless excuse as to why the case should not be investigated.

It's sick. Most Nigerian men are nothing less than the rap ist in Congo. Women gets rap ed and the only thing you incompetent fo ols do is to make excuses AGAINST the victims. sickening.

@ghost

That question is irrelevant to my topic.

You said she kept blocking them with her hands, ofcourse given her reaction, that wasn't a consensual sex, it is definitely an act of violation, or mass violation to be precise, but then again while observing the footage, I asked myself why can't she aggressively get off from there, as in, fight her way out of the situation if she doesn't want it instead of responding with such a soft tone. I don't mean her to fight them off by slapping and kicking her way out of the room because she was obviously outnumbered, but I am sure you know what I mean truly put up REAL resistance but then again, who knows if she has already been intimidated maybe with a gun or knife or even beaten in order to cooperate even before the video shooting started. The fact is she did it under duress. Someone and I had serious debate 3 months ago regarding victims of rapists in Nigeria, and despite agreeing with you and her, I will still tell you what I told her that at times few victims of violation incident kind of like had it coming, are you familiar with the word 'rooster-teaser' ? I am not condoning violation whatsoever, but have heard very few stories of some ladies always getting violated i.e. 'prone'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Poisoned Him And Watched Him Scream Till Death – Lady And Sister / Woman Killed By Ritualist "Warning" Viewer's Discretion / Father Of UNIBEN Murdered Student Renounces Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.