Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,718 members, 7,820,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) (45172 Views)

I Can Supply U.S. Dollars / Naira Bounces Back Against U.S Dollars At Official Market / Naira Strongly Appreciates Against U.S. Dollars And Pounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by layzie: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2023
Greenfusion:

Africa has the potentials but this black race I don't understand, sometimes I feel it's a curse that we cannot do anything reasonable, with wickedness and greed everywhere. Just imagine south africa, compare where the whites stay and where blacks stay, u would see the glare difference......Imagine a place in delta state where julius berger white staffs lived, after the company moved, the place is now a tourist center ... that's where people lived their normal lives is now blacks tourist center....I know with time that place would change.....its terrible to imagine.

There's great potential, I agree.

But corruption no go gree them. Even those not in power yet want to go in so they can enjoy corruption too. Voters too, willingly vote in and fight for the corrupt. So self sufficiency no be today in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by olaztek(m): 11:12am On Apr 27, 2023
kenny714433:
But how the USA made its currency acceptable by all countries need to be studied. Forget it, the USA was/is very good at what they do.

The juju they did is about expiring and everyone's eyes are now open but I doubt any significant effects will be felt by USA. The structure is too huge to dismantle or it will take years.

My dear USA, what have the world done to you...
They used the power of the atomic bomb to forced their currency on the world after the world war2 .
They wouldn't have succeeded if other top countries had the knowledge of the bomb as at then.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Moniya4Real(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2023
Don’t stress yourself bro, they know the truth but won’t admit nor reason. Imagine the US breathing down countries neck about human right while they turn the other eye when it comes to countries that are worst violators of human rights, cos they are strategically important to them e.g Saudi Arabia- a country that has never conducted any elections but the Iranians does conduct elections (though far from being perfect) but they still do , so does Palestine.

FatherofAsaad:

I guess Iraq 🇮🇶 Libya 🇱🇾 Afghanistan 🇦🇫 Syria 🇸🇾 Yemen 🇾🇪 Africa in general are part of the world 🌎 the United state has done so much for .. United States have never in their lives and history done anything for the interests of anybody if not them. Get this to your head and start living the reality of life.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Smartguyboy(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2023
ovieigho:
Be jubilating
As if you can live happily in China ..🤣

I remembered Nigerians that absconded during Russia 2014 World Cup !! Body tell them before they cried for self deportation

I wonder why people hate USA that have done so much for the world ….
At what cost ?
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Svoboda(m): 11:18am On Apr 27, 2023
Babapyro:

This guy is on another level of ignorance, only Saudi Arabia keeps making the dollar relevant with the petrol dollar and they're now joining BRICS,the US and it's allies are fvcked

Did you really read my point?
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by kmaster007: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Otoge US
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by TobiAbuja: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2023
Babapyro:

Another slave spotted, suffering and smiling like the good little b*tch your fathers were. You make enemies out of those that have not harm you but you you slave to those that kept you in chains, imbec!le

Your mouth is almost as filthy as your mind. Luckily most on here see through your degenerate conspiracy theories.

Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Charly68: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2023
This is just a media hype ,if it not dollars it no money yet.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Onah199: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2023
grin
You.think sy e go work before
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Djreloaded(m): 11:30am On Apr 27, 2023
BucketMan:
hello boss I'm very sorry for being a bother, I've been following your tips avidly on the Upwork thread and as a newbie I just recently landed my first $30 gig, but I'm currently out of data to complete the task and the agreed deadline is tomorrow, will really appreciate if you can assist me with something, anything at all sir, I'm much obliged sir. More wins
Dm.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by seunayantokun(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2023
That's good. Let them keep thier gay dollar.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by MT: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2023
A lot of people are just jumping on a weak headline.

Go and read about Brentwood agreement where the world chose Dollars to be a global currency.

Dollar is so intertwined with the global trade that it will take China more than 50 years for it to dislodge the United States.

Go and read the dynamics and stop sensationalising article which you have limited knowledge of.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by colestephan86: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2023
kenny714433:
But how the USA made its currency acceptable by all countries need to be studied. Forget it, the USA was/is very good at what they do.

The juju they did is about expiring and everyone's eyes are now open but I doubt any significant effects will be felt by USA. The structure is too huge to dismantle or it will take years.

My dear USA, what have the world done to you...
They didn't do anything special.
The whole thing started during the time of John d Rockefeller, when he stated standard oil, the Exxon Mobil, Texaco , BP oil, cheveraon you see today are sub-sub parts of standard oil.
Before the oil could go out of USA then you have to buy it in dollars, then oil was discovered in other nations
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Jecint: 11:41am On Apr 27, 2023
AFCTA was just adopted less than 3 years ago, give it time.

Hpesoj:

Unfortunately, this is just a wishful thinking. To start with, it will be very difficult for Africa to ditch dollars for a africa-centric currency for several reasons including the fact that more than two-third of our export is made up of primary products with and our manufacturing capacity and output is unfortunately poor. Look at the eco currency of ECOWAS, how far were we able to go about it? The West African Franc was able to work for obvious reasons.

Moreover, intra-African trade is very low. In a recent study I was working on, my search for intra-African trade statistics revealed that intra-ECOWAS trade is less than 15 percent. The adoption of AfFTA was not able to change the low intra-Africa trade since we basically export primary products which other African countries have and equally export. Our dependence on export from Europe, North America, China and India suggest we have to use the universal currency (dollars) or the country's currency. Either way, we not exporting manufactured goods means Africa will ave to dance to the tune of any county we depend on for import.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by sprints1: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2023
WrriterNig:

You are simple minded.

When every country starts trading in their own currencies, who then would have the need for the US dollars?
u for no reply that ode fool. The same way one mumu for here talk say what if america sieze all technology gadgets and internet services of Russia the people will feel the heat as of without technology Russia will not survive. As far as tech is even concerned Russia will survive they are even advanced in tech (uwe heklov & HEN). So many deluded people here. As if tech is food and water they need to survive. Mschew
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by iCauseTrouble: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2023
Guy. You deserve a bottle of beer. No mind that nairaland pastor
Gbogbowa:
my brother all that is a lie if USA is under God judgement then Nigeria is under what? Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by qtx(m): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2023
WrriterNig:

You are simple minded.

[b]When every country starts trading in their own currencies, who then would have the need for the US dollars?
[/b]

That cant be now and as easy as you are saying it. It will take a long time and not overnight like that. mark my words.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by sprints1: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2023
PROPEACE:

You are a typical dull nairalander. Microsoft and Apple's largest manufacturing plants are in China. Are you people not ashamed of your ignorance?
why u dey reply that rubbish. Abeg leave the mumu.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 27, 2023
I don't like interfering in Sensitive Issues which involves the World Powers.

Let me keep on observing from my Abode.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by zeestone99(m): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2023
WriterNig:

The global de-dollarization campaign is gaining momentum, as countries around the world seek alternatives to the hegemony of the 🇺🇸 US dollar.

🇷🇺 Russia and 🇨🇳 China are trading in their own currencies.

Beijing, 🇦🇷 Argentina and 🇧🇷 Brazil have also dropped the dollar in bilateral trade.

The 🇦🇪 UAE is selling China its gas in yuan, through a French company.

🇧🇩 Bangladesh pays a Russian nuclear power company in Russian rubles, ditching the U.S dollars.

🇵🇰 Pakistan and 🇮🇳 India are trading with Russia in rubles and their local currencies.

Southeast Asian nations in ASEAN are de-dollarizing their trade, promoting local payment systems.

🇰🇪 Kenya is buying Persian Gulf oil with its own currency.

Even the Financial Times newspaper has acknowledged that a “multipolar currency world” is emerging.

When Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Moscow in March, his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin revealed that two-thirds of the countries’ bilateral trade is already conducted in the ruble and renminbi.

“It is important that our national currencies are increasingly used in bilateral trade“, Putin said. “We should continue promoting settlements in national currencies, and expand the reciprocal presence of financial and banking structures in our countries’ markets”.

The Russian leader added, “We support using Chinese yuan in transactions between the Russian Federation and its partners in Asia, Africa and Latin America”.

Just a week after Xi’s trip to Moscow, China announced that it had for the first time used yuan to buy liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the UAE.

The deal was negotiated between the state-owned China National Offshore Oil Company and the French company TotalEnergies, meaning European firms are now willing to conduct transactions in yuan.

French media outlet RFI described the trade as a “major step in Beijing’s attempts to undermine the US dollar as universal ‘petrodollar’ for gas and oil trade”.

The report quoted the chairman of the Shanghai Petroleum and Natural Gas Exchange, Guo Xu, who said the deal encouraged “multi-currency pricing, settlement and cross-border payment”.

On March 30, China and Brazil (the world’s most populous and sixth-most populous countries) announced they had come to an agreement to trade with each other in their local currencies, yuan and reais.

China’s media network CGTN reported, “The deal will enable China, the world’s second-largest economy, and Brazil, the biggest economy in Latin America, to conduct their massive trade and financial transactions directly, exchanging yuan for reais and vice versa instead of going through the dollar”.

It noted that China is Brazil’s biggest trading partner, and in 2022 the two countries did more than $150.5 billion worth of trade.

Brazil’s leftist President Lula da Silva has called for Latin America to develop a new currency for regional trade, which he calls the Sur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXJsZHla6Q

Is this not what they killed gadafi for.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by frankson1(m): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2023
Gbogbowa:
how will that affect USA only poor country will suffer. They will still use dollar if they want to trade with USA

Obviously, you have no knowledge about this undecided

Do you know what power the Petrodollar gives to the US dollar and economy??

How can the US not be affected if OPEC abandons the Petrodollar trade.

If only Africa can rise now and go back to using the single currency that was proposed.

Poor countries wíll not suffer because they're other countries they can trade with besides the US.

You guys should take off your mouths from the US and Europe's anuss so y'all can progress in your lives.

1 Like

Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by frankson1(m): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2023
Leebeedo:
And you think that's what determines the value of a currency? if that's the case, why is British pounds high in value ?

Just ask OPEC to stop using the US dollar for trade for a week because I for like check something.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by sprints1: 11:53am On Apr 27, 2023
Rubbiish:

First stop ranting like a mad man, it will not in any way affect the US dollar, who pass u don pass u, I don't see all these needless envy & comparison BTW China & US because u yourself will choose to live in USA over China. China has a 10 times bigger capacity of producing fake products than USA? Abi? U can do without USA products, but not everyone can do without it, because not everyone enjoys using substandard products. The US is the world's largest economy and has the most liquid financial markets, so any country choosing to adopt her own currency for global international transactions is her loss. You don't know the US is doing u a favour.
this guy na complete olodo. What favor is USA doing you. What fake products are China producing. Or u don't know most of the so called american tech plants are in China. Mumu the useless phone u are using to type is made where is not in China or because dey write iphone.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by litaninja(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2023
*naira left the group chat*
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by ovieigho(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2023
FatherofAsaad:

I guess Iraq 🇮🇶 Libya 🇱🇾 Afghanistan 🇦🇫 Syria 🇸🇾 Yemen 🇾🇪 Africa in general are part of the world 🌎 the United state has done so much for .. United States have never in their lives and history done anything for the interests of anybody if not them. Get this to your head and start living the reality of life.

Come to usa and see the citizens of the countries you mentioned trying to get usa citizenship

Even Europeans, Chinese etc…..
U watch adzazera too much
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by sprints1: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2023
ovieigho:
Be jubilating
As if you can live happily in China ..🤣

I remembered Nigerians that absconded during Russia 2014 World Cup !! Body tell them before they cried for self deportation

I wonder why people hate USA that have done so much for the world ….
another clown. Who told you Nigerians are not living happily in China when you people have trust issues you start to complain. The so called USA is proclaimed as heaven as claimed more black lives than liberate them. The so called blacks developed America. Look at what they are doing to them.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by BidenDTrounced: 11:59am On Apr 27, 2023
Tbh, it's really nice to see some improvements on Nairaland smiley
It's delightful.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by sprints1: 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Rubbiish:

You are just deceiving yourself
US dollar is rooted in innovation, how many countries do u think can do without USA products? Not in the next hundred of years...
ode ni bobo yii sha mention one USA product you are using.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Rubbiish(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
sprints1:
this guy na complete olodo. What favor is USA doing you. What fake products are China producing. Or u don't know most of the so called american tech plants are in China. Mumu the useless phone u are using to type is made where is not in China or because dey write iphone.
Read the bold again & tell me u are not f00lish now? Who is helping who? Americans are the ones helping China economy by locating tech plants in China due to cheap production rate, standard procedure & to avoid taxation. When China start locating plants in America, u can quote me.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by frankson1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
coputa:
African countries shouldn't join this madness perpetuated by China and Russia.American can not be wished away at least for now.This is a country that comes to the rescue when citizens and smaller countries are oppressed.Ukraine is a case study,China and Russia won't have their way.The Dollar has come to stay, America has a robust economy that keep their currency in check and a benchmark for other currencies, even the dollar is more used in international business transactions with Britain.

No Sir, Africa needs to break out and break free from these vultures and pests called the "Western world/countries" and have full control over their affairs and economy.

Your type will call Nigerians to wake up but advise Africa to keep sleeping while the West keep rapping the whole of Africa undecided

America is the reason parts of Ukraine is in shambles.
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by frankson1(m): 12:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
Rubbiish:

Read the bold again & tell me u are not f00lish now? Who is helping who? Americans are the ones helping China economy by locating tech plants in China due to cheap production rate, standard procedure & to avoid taxation. When China start locating plants in America, u can quote me.

@the bolded..who is really helping who?

You don't even understand what you wrote undecided

So America had to move their tech and manufacturing factories to China just for the purpose of helping the Chinese economy undecided undecided

Make una Dey Play
Re: Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) by Leebeedo(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
MJluv:
It is one of the determinant factor.

If that's the case, the value of dollar should be coming down by now based on speculations alone but it isn't. In fact, it going up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nana Otedola Stuns In New Photos / Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] / Abdulrasak Okoya Celebrates His 77th Birthday With His Wife, Shade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.