Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

"Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola (10442 Views)

Farooq A. Kperogi: Hope Buhari Doesn’t Appear On New Naira Notes / Femi Adesina: Buhari Doesn’t Care About Your Noise, Murmurings And Curses / Buhari Doesn’t Need WAEC Certificate To Contest In 2019 –Barrister Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Timmi: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
tooloadedtofail:

During the governorship and state house of assembly elections in March, the president, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) enjoined Nigerians to go ahead and collect any monies distributed by vote-buying politicians but still vote their conscience. Ideally, it should be shocking that a country’s president—especially one who came to power as an anti-corruption crusader—would shamelessly endorse an electoral infraction. But he has let us down so often that pointing out this error will be a waste of everyone’s precious time.

The more annoying part of that thoughtless statement was that it negated his previous posturing on the naira redesign policy to protect electoral integrity. When he met King Charles in the UK in November, he insisted the policy had come to stay because it would protect Nigerians from those who would use their lush resources to manipulate the election outcome. After reiterating that he would ensure a level playing field for contestants, this conviction would swing only months later. So, if ensuring election integrity was not a deep resolve, why take people through so much pain and hardship?

This man and the “Sai Baba” men watched as Nigerians, already severely impoverished by his uninspiring leadership since 2015, underwent the diminishing effects of the poorly conceived and shoddily executed naira redesign. The dwindled loss of livelihood especially crushed the small-scale producers who work in the agricultural produce sector and operate within the informal economic system. We are not a society that knows how to count and account for lives and resources, so we will never be able to adequately comprehend the full scale of the debilitating effect of that policy. However, it is still certain that people died from the stress, and some of the crippled businesses will never recover. All for what?

Naira redesign policy was a disaster that Buhari superintended over as a military dictator. Even though he saw the brutal outcomes of the policy, he still repeated it 40 years later. As it turns out, there was no larger vision for either our elections or democratic processes that drove the agenda. There was no gain for democratic institutions to which they were committed, it was just another one of the sadistic ideas that Buhari cranks out of his sociopathic mind each time he feels that Nigerians have not suffered enough. If there was no profound objective to be derived from the whole redesign policy, and he himself could advocate people taking money from their corrupt politicians, why did he not just leave people to collect their N5000? Why break things in the guise of trying to fix them?

That was the sort of ineptitude that defined Buhari’s regime. Several policies unleashed severe suffering but were hardly followed by any bigger plan to make the outcome meaningful. They banned food importation to stimulate local agriculture, but all we have to show for the economic ingenuity is the soaring costs of food prices. He closed the borders for almost two years to galvanise local manufacturing, making life even more unaffordable. After accumulating losses and hardship, they re-opened them. They could not point out anything remarkable they achieved through it. They said those ideas were why countries like China flourished, but ended up proving that half education is bad especially when running a country.

In not wanting to deal with either the complexities of planning or the messiness of human behaviour, Buhari’s regime treated social engineering as a process that could be automated. For instance, to make Nigeria a cashless economy, his administration restored far less cash into circulation than they took out in the form of the old notes. They imagined they could force people to use electronic means without first ensuring that the infrastructure to support such a massive scale of transaction was in place. That is his standard approach to governance: throw people into a desert and expect them to either stimulate their creative impulses and invent food, or eat sand and die.

Even his anti-corruption agenda was half-hearted. With too many Faustian bargains he had made to get to power, the best anti-corruption agencies achieved under him was to pursue the small fry while the real thieves of the Nigerian patrimony sashayed freely.

Last Friday, while giving his farewell message at the final Sallah homage at the Presidential Villa in the FCT, he reportedly said, “Having been a governor, minister, and the president twice, I think God has given us an incredible opportunity to serve as your president. And I thank God for that. So, please whoever feels I have done wrong to, we are all humans. There is no doubt I hurt some people and I wish you will pardon me. And those that think that I have hurt them so much, please pardon me.”

Here are two things he should note: First, we do not think or feel we have been hurt by his leadership, no. Those words suggest that the visceral impacts of his punitive leadership are simply a matter of individual perspective rather than objective reality. We have receipts that substantially demonstrate that he stole eight years from us. From rising and multidimensional poverty to out-of-school children rates, insecurity, corruption, and overall diminished quality of life, Buhari’s failure is not a matter of mere opinion or emotions. We live the insalubrious effects.

Second, saying we are all humans is fallacious. Who would look at the past eight years of his inhumane administration and not wonder if Buhari has a drop of humanity in him? When you look at Buhari, when you study his characteristic nonchalance to the high hopes and aspirations of Nigerians that his administration serially frustrated through their ineptitude, you cannot but understand why humans invented the concept of Satan. Some people’s wickedness is so unique that you need idioms of the supernatural to explain that degree of malevolence. Under Buhari’s watch, people were routinely kidnapped, and there was at least an instance where a community had to organise a fundraising to get money to retrieve their children abducted from school; entire communities were imperiled by rampaging herdsmen; prisons were serially attacked; terrorists and bandits killed poorly-armed security personnel in such high numbers that their bosses allegedly resorted to burying them secretly in order to hide the casualty rates; even the Nigerian Defence Academy was breached, and an Airforce Fighter jet shot down. Despite all the restlessness that defined his tenure, the man gaslit Nigerians by insisting we were doing better than ever before. How does that lack of fellow feeling qualify him to be categorised as “human”?

Buhari admitted he got all he wanted by becoming the president, but what of Nigerians? What did they get in return? Now he says he will no longer be burdened by the country’s issues. If over-solicited after May 29, he promised to relocate to Niger republic across the border. He might have said that as a joke, but that is in fact quintessential Buhari. He has a pattern of expecting others to do things he ought to do because he is lazy and inept. He is never responsible for anything. He got into power by pretending to be poor because he was incorruptible even though his election was sponsored by people whose hands were soiled by public corruption. He achieved little, and now expects Nigerians to clean up his failures.

For him to ascribe his failures to the fallibility of humanity when he barely even tried is another failure in itself. As someone who has had the privilege of living off Nigeria’s resources his entire adult life, Buhari failed spectacularly because he took and took and took but never gave back. He has not only failed as a leader, but also as a human being. He does not deserve forgiveness from even an all-merciful God.

Source: https://punchng.com/buhari-doesnt-deserve-forgiveness/

Fortunately that’s your own personal opinion and every Adeyanju, chioma, chukwudi, and a dog is entitled to. It doesn’t matter what your opinion is, because your opinion doesn’t worth the ink that is used to write with.
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Gajagojo: 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Timmi:

Fortunately that’s your own personal opinion and every Adeyanju, chioma, chukwudi, and a dog is entitled to. It doesn’t matter what your opinion is, because your opinion doesn’t worth the ink that is used to write with.
This is your own opinion to which your opinion above applies perfectly

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Ladiesdoctor(m): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
He doesn't at all
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Timmi: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

This is your own opinion to which your opinion above applies perfectly

Mr. Gajagojo, that’s exactly my point. No one’s opinion is better than another for we all have our opinion and your or mine opinion is nor the right or even the wrong one and people should take it with a grain of salt and not believe nor follow follow
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
Racoon:
Buhari is a disaster Nigeria never deserved. However, wicked fellas imposed him so that they can claimed emilokan.

I wont say Nigeria never deserved it...in some way we actually deserve our leaders because Nigerians no dey quick learn or hear word.

You dont believe me? Look at the politics section and those still defending tinubu and buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
Diligent1:
My heart refuse to forgive him

But yet you quoted me few minutes ago saying rubbish defending Tinubu like he will do a better job.

No be hypocrisy wan kill you so?
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by PROPHETmichael: 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
God gives to each nation the kind of leaders they deserved. In Nigeria, if you are a leader and you're not like Buhari, Nigerians will show you pepper. So therefore, you must show them b4 dem show you.

Political offices in Nigeria is not for Mr Nice guy, you must be ruthless and 4 years later, they will love you more and still vote for you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Gajagojo: 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Timmi:

Mr. Gajagojo, that’s exactly my point. No one’s opinion is better than another for we all have our opinion and your or mine opinion is nor the right or even the wrong one and people should take it with a grain of salt and not believe nor follow follow
So people should not talk?
You have no point.
Did she say her opinion is better?

These are your spiteful words about her opinion
doesn’t worth the ink that is used to write with.
Is that sensible
Whether you like it or not her opinion matters more than yours.
That is why it is generating reactions
No one knows who you are
People become influencers for one reason or another. All opinions are not equal

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Chetas81(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
NO BAD CITIZEN CAN HAVE A GOOD LEADER BECAUSE When a stupid government is elected in a democratic country, the best thing about this is that you learn the number of stupid people in that country!

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Obakoolex(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Isobug:
They will call him Igbo or even as far as calling him IPOB just for not in tune with Bihari or APC
The writer is my cousin and she's not Ipob, tho I agreed with almost everything she says but I don't shame to disagree with her points when need be.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by SimonStorch: 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
Mad fellows
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Buhari did not offend Nigerians. If he offend Nigerians they won't be voting APC a third time. Infact Nigerians language of appreciating him was by voting for the Party he told them to vote for. And they did. I have expected Buhari to become harsher than before after the elections.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by rejoice4eva(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
This article reminded me of the days of Abacha ignominious reign, when we look forward to TELL magazine and some reliable newspapers (very few) to give us balanced and critical realities of the state of the nation.
Summary, Buhari was a failure, Buhari is a failure and Buhari will ever remain a failure.

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Brushstrokes20: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
A priceless piece on marble!
The lifeless scammer came to STEAL AND DESTROY!
The only THING worse than buhari is buhari ITSELF!

# buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Everlastingson: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
As evil as Buhari is, he is still better than Tinubu. Buhari was allowed to be President. But Tinubu will not rule. He is worse. A Tinubu Presidency is the burial of Nigeria. God forbid.
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by onuman: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
A man who pretended he was giving a legacy rig-proof Electoral Act to Nigeria, but alas, it turned out all a hoax. A most deceptive and fraudulent Electoral Act it turned out to be.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by JOemmy(m): 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Buhari is a calamity that befalled nigeria the man Is a subhuman i have since stopped bothering to read anything related to him.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by EdiskyHarry: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
My only happiness is that we are all in this together, irrespective of political party, tribe of religion.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Timmi: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

So people should not talk?
You have no point.
Did she say her opinion is better?

These are your spiteful words about her opinion
doesn’t worth the ink that is used to write with.
Is that sensible
Whether you like it or not her opinion matters more than yours.
That is why it is generating reactions
No one knows who you are
People become influencers for one reason or another. All opinions are not equal

Wow, what a mindset and that’s the beginning of zombies
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Hotwest: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
Buhari is a complete failure

Very stupid man came to waste our 8yrs
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by onuman: 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Racoon:
Buhari is a disaster Nigeria never deserved. However, wicked fellas imposed him so that they can claimed emilokan.

The Emilokans don't even tell themselves the truth. A man like Tinubu being their best presidential candidate for Nigeria exposes their lack of self esteem, their not telling themselves truth, and exposes the diffidence in them.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by ginggerxy: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:
He built the second Niger bridge which Goodluck Jonathan failed spectacularly to do despite boasting loudly
All these lizards.
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Diligent1(f): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Rayban25:

But yet you quoted me few minutes ago saying rubbish defending Tinubu like he will do a better job.

No be hypocrisy wan kill you so?
Tnubu is different from Buhari, you will see the difference when he starts
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2023
Diligent1:

Tnubu is different from Buhari, you will see the difference when he starts

Please go and play with your tinubu supporters and dont engage me

All of una IQ too low for person to engage..onisokuso
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Timfreds(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bubu is not human at all. He's a demon incarnate sent from the pit of hell to inflict pains, suffering and hardship on Nigerians. A sadist indeed.
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Gajagojo: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Timmi:

Wow, what a mindset and that’s the beginning of zombies
You are empty
An empty inconsequential noisemaker
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by chosen04(f): 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:
He built the second Niger bridge which Goodluck Jonathan failed spectacularly to do despite boasting loudly

Same 2nd Niger Bridge that the failure called Dullard of Daura had change the design by reducing its height so that Bigger Cargo Ships cant pass through as a means of punishing the Igbos.

Just like he did in 1983 with his coup which was a smokescreen to ensure that an Igbo Alex Ekwueme did not become President after Shehu Shagari.
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Gajagojo: 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
chosen04:

Same 2nd Niger Bridge that the failure called Dullard of Daura had change the design by reducing its height so that Bigger Cargo Ships cant pass through as a means of punishing the Igbos.

Just like he did in 1983 with his coup which was a smokescreen to ensure that an Igbo Alex Ekwueme did not become President after Shehu Shagari.

Really?
the way you people reason is funny.
Assuming the bridge was higher where would ships go after Anambra and Who is punished by lower bridge ?? What destination are we talking about?
The North is the victim
otherwise ships would said to Sokoto
Does River Niger start in Anambra? Does it end in Anambra?
You talk as if Anambra state owns River Niger

How high should the bridge have been and do you understand the engineering implications?

You have nothing to say
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by ComeToJesus: 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Honestly, he doesn't. He's the wicked Pharaoh that has destroyed this country almost irredeemably. Posterity will not be fair to his actions.
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Timmi: 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are empty
An empty inconsequential noisemaker

And you are full, an inconsequential nonentity seeking for attention. Last comment from me.
Re: "Buhari Doesn’t Deserve Forgiveness" By Adelakun Abimbola by Exceed15: 5:59pm On Apr 27, 2023
Those who voted this calamity... Make I no talk ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. / Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term / Boko-haram Leader Salutes Global Jihadists In Video:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.