Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Do You Want To Get Closer To God And Build A Solid Relationship With Him? Read - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Want To Get Closer To God And Build A Solid Relationship With Him? Read (186 Views)

Pastor Refuses To Return N900,000 Sent In Error, Claims Money Belongs To God / Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? / No Man can do Real Miracles except GOD be with him (Read John 3:1-3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Get Closer To God And Build A Solid Relationship With Him? Read by Calexzy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
I have always felt the urge to draw closer to God and try to know him better

A question was asked, "if you were asked about God, would you give your version of him or you'll give someone elses version?".
God always wants us to have our own version of him so when we speak to him in that language and worship him, he feels you and it differentiates you from the general version others use.
For example; if you have a friend you work together with or go party with, you two will have your work/ party shenanigans that feels more relatable when you two talk about and it can't be same if you try to share those same topics with another friend.. You get the point?

How do we draw closer to God? How do we build a personal relationship with him that has a version different from any other person?
Outsides the benefits the canal mind sees, i need you to see beyond that.

This piece was written for the sole purpose of people who want to build and love God unconditionally!

For people who wouldn't have anything at the back of their mind

For those who will give without thinking about receiving.

a Personal relationship with God is soothing, It develops your mind, pumps your creativity and fuels you with a clean energy.

Let's get into it.

Never feel uncomfortable to talk about God
ROMANS 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

You will get to a point where by conversing with peers or your daily meet ups, and a "God" topic pops in your mind. Never hold back or feel you might seem too religious.

Equip yourself Daily
Design a routine to help you stay on track and stick to it
This routine is to feed your mind and soul develop you spiritually
You should help get thirsty for God as each day passes.
Mine is, I don't eat until i have read the Open Heavens for the day as well as meditate on it. This helps me a lot.

Don't be scared to start as little as possible but be consistent.
Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Joshua 1:8
Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Have a Prayer Group
In today's world, this isn't a problem to find one. Get on a group and join them daily to pray and study God's word.

This should be seperate from your personal study
Matthew 18:20 (NLT)
For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”

Have a Service you're rendering in his House
Being a worker in his house is very important. There's no way you put God's house in order that your own house won't be put in order

1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Romans 12:1 NIV
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

One of the things the devil uses to hinder people from maintaining a good relationship with God and drawing closer to him is Guilt
It's not talked about enough that when you decide to take this great step, they'll be alot of drawbacks and backsliding. This often happens when a brethren is battling with addictions and past habits.

God sees this and knows your weakness. The devil will try to guilt trip you to forgetting that God even forgives you before you commit that sin. This makes you try to move away from him because you've tried hard to stop but can't.

Well, you can. Talk to God today
John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Build a wall of fire around you
Zechariah 2:5

And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will be its glory within

Set boundaries to protect you from people who can lead you that sin

Want to Join my prayer community where we fellowship daily?
https:///K3haSVynSlf9Y2VObAhCXB

(1) (Reply)

Test Every Spirit: Hold Fast To That Which Is Good / Seeds Of Destiny 3 May 2023: Discovering Yourself In The Word / E.A Adeboye On Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.