Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad (28087 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? / If You Earn 100k Monthly In Nigeria...will You Go Abroad And Leave The Job??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by CaptainFM1: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
It depends on your abroad.
If you're referring to countries like Nigeria, you know get problems.

But if na better abroad, the system go treat your Bleep up. Nobody go teach you how to behave.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by obi4eze(m): 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by staga: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

A night in county jail for any misdemeanor charge will straighten you out.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by blowjohn(m): 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
Like an abroadist.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by luvlyoracle(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
See

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by chudez0147(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
Be a good person and avoid Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by duduade: 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
Sisib15:
Whala. Get your visa first!

grin grin grin
No mind am

E no know say for this Nigeria you don't talk until you get the visa first... Before them say na their village people hold the visa o

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by blowjohn(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hope say no be abroad like somalia o.

If na somalia u fit even dey opress them for there sef.

But if na north Korea, even if u see any or cat, greet am o.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Megabig: 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
Dirty pig, the thing is, how do you stop being dirty. Even while in Nigeria, I don’t litter

How do you open a sachet, eat what’s inside and then just throw it anywhere?

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by pansophist(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Westerners also urinate on the street sides, throw garbage around, spit on the road, shout, drink on the street, and walk shirtless. So your typical rugged behavior is not new, just that you should do it like once a year, maybe during carnival.

All in all, you will be alright. But don't shit on the roadside sha. Use toilet grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by greggng: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

What kind of question is this? So you will see dustbin and put your waste on the floor? When you are in Rome, behave like the Romans...but if you comit offense then get ready to go to jail ...

But you can save yourself from embarrassment if you can simply tell your sister that you are not prepared to live this shit hole ...that you prefer all the lawless life here ...goodluck to you

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by chiedozie198100: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

when you get there, just do all these things u said and learn from your experience.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Don't worry, the system will change you. When you arrive, they will give you orientation and if truly you want to be a better person then you will change.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by oxygeng: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

OOOOH, SMALL PIKIN. STOP COUNTING YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH. KEEP PLANS LIKE THIS TO YOUR CHEST UNTIL YOU GET THERE. OOH SMALL PIKIN.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by PECON1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Oga first get the visa, you will adjust automatically. Forget what you hear from the media,Africans are more behaved than Americans when they get there. U won't hear it, the one u will hear are the ones causing havoc
As a Nigerian, never reveal your plans or great journey you are about to embark until all the documents are ready.this is not a village people thing. This is a dark continent

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by odenkirk: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

i am jealous that u are escaping this boredom call nigeria nd leaving us behind
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by solreb: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

Don't go.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Pickmycall: 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
If you overstayed your visa, you will be deported back to Nigeria.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by MarksonCollins(m): 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
I never mentioned that my aunt got me visa. Do you need glasses? Or having comprehension problems?
you never reach America you don start to dey show yourself shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by gawu1: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

dont worry bro, by the time you receive ENOUGH fines/citations for your uncivilzed actions, you will quickly learn and start to behave like a civilized person.
grin grin grin grin you wicked ooo.
What if second chance never comes his way after acting up uncivilized?
For instance, the near unclothedness dress styles of those white ladies on the streets may lead him to attempt rape.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Bamijoko1(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

When u get there try and slap any police man u see, e get why
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by PECON1(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
odenkirk:
His papers are not even ready yet and he should not reveal to anyone to avoid negative energies.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by koolaid87: 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

Don't worry, you'll have more important stuffs to be worried about.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by TONYE001(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

There is nothing Nigerian about urinating on the streets and indiscriminate waste disposal.

These are personal habits that can be corrected once the individual is determined.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Rawcalculus: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bro. You don’t need to be told ehn.

It will come by default😁
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by gawu1: 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
odenkirk:
Don't be jealous cos some left here some time ago thinking they have escaped boredom but ended up in boredom.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Enemyofpeace: 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew! Just talk sey you wan make we know sey you go japa soon

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by alfa666: 10:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
My only advice: Just deny you are a Nigerian. Say any country but Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Zeus123: 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Lol, funny topic.

Adapt fast, but by all means, be cognizant of your hygiene, their noise sharp wella

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Tranquility2345: 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

This is what Nairaland has turned to. Clueless lazy youths posting very stupid posts like this. Na wa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tanker Crushes Fresh Abia Poly Graduate After Clearance (Graphic Photos) / FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace / Family Of 5 Fall Into A River In Delta, Survived (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.