Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Why Churches Are Very Useless - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Churches Are Very Useless (3138 Views)

Atheist Are Very Useless / Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
northbird:

You don't know your scriptures. Jesus commended the centurion's faith, Jesus was amazed at his level of faith. because Jesus wanted to come in person physically to their house, but centurion said, Just say a word, and my daughter will be healed , that is great faith..
I didn’t say the centurion didn’t have faith. Remember you folks said the OPs uncle didn’t have enough faith, yet he prayed, fasted etc. He was even a Christian, and the centurion wasn't even a Christian, yet got healed
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
northbird:
The problem with most of you folks is ,you don't study the scriptures yourself, you then come back and lump all pastor's into one group.

Nobody is going to pray for you more than yourself..so if you have any issues in life, locate relevant scriptures in that area and begin to affirm the truth.
So why can't the amputees get healed
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
eventainment:

I wish Gbile Akanni was advert. Bear in mind it's not a church but a fellowship and no them no de collect offering
Doesn't matter. Na advert
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
coputa:
for spiritual growth.
What is the importance of spiritual growth?
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by coputa(m): 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Why exactly then do you pray?
You pray to talk to God,it's a spiritual exercise.But God does not hear the prayers of a sinner,infact it's an abomination unto God.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
coputa:
You pray to talk to God,it's a spiritual exercise.But God does not hear the prayers of a sinner,infact it's an abomination unto God.
So what are you talking or discussing with Yahweh? Sports? Politics? Bodrisky's panty color? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by northbird: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

I didn’t say the centurion didn’t have faith. Remember you folks said the OPs uncle didn’t have enough faith, yet he prayed, fasted etc. He was even a Christian, and the centurion wasn't even a Christian, yet got healed
You did actually by saying the centurion only asked. And I'm telling you, the faith component was the game changer.
When did I say anything about op not having enough faith ? I'm not you folks.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by coputa(m): 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Spiritual means things and event that takes place in the spirit realm(unseen). Spiritual growth means to be aware and sensitive to things that takes place in the spiritual realm.
The importance of spiritual growth can not be overemphasize,it build your inner being and makes you activated to spiritual matters.Although a non believer will not understand this, but a true christian does.

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by northbird: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

So why can't the amputees get healed

It's pointless instructing you. Before I leave.

Motorcycle

Motorcar

Aeroplane.

Different machines,but they all move.. Different capacities.. your faith can be compared as this, there are different degrees to the level of your faith . The level of your faith determines the kind of engagements you have with the supernatural.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
northbird:

You did actually by saying the centurion only asked. And I'm telling you, the faith component was the game changer.
When did I say anything about op not having enough faith ? I'm not you folks.
Lol. Did you read the comments of your fellow chrissies?
So how did u determine the 'faith component' of the centurion?
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2023
coputa:
Spiritual means things and event that takes place in the spirit realm(unseen). Spiritual growth means to be aware and sensitive to things that takes place in the spiritual realm.
The importance of spiritual growth can not be overemphasize,it build your inner being and makes you activated to spiritual matters.Although a non believer will not understand this, but a true christian does.
So none of the advantages can be visualized?

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
northbird:

It's pointless instructing you. Before I leave.

Motorcycle

Motorcar

Aeroplane.

Different machines,but they all move.. Different capacities.. your faith can be compared as this, there are different degrees to the level of your faith . The level of your faith determines the kind of engagements you have with the supernatural.
So in other words, no amputee in the whole wide world has enough faith to be healed, yet other people with different diseases can be healed based on their faith. Is that right?
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Westerhoffe(m): 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

I asked a simple question and its yes or no. You said you have seen many miracles(which are all staged), so I ask you again, have you or any chrissie here seem any amputee limb regrow? See amputees are 2 a dime these days. They even litter the roads. There are at least 7 orthopedic hospitals in Nigeria, each with a teeming population of amputees. Yet not even one, just one, has been healed. What does that tell you?

Staged miracles?
I'm not that daft to believe or not recognise staged miracles.
I'm not talking of staged miracles here.
I'm talking of real miracles.

Miracles are not done for show offs, OK?
Miracles are not to prove you wrong.
When GOD is in action to prove His presence, what will be done will be done.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Westerhoffe(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

You love dodging questions. You said all diseases are either spiritual or natural. Someone asked you which ones are spiritual, you reply him that if he doesn't have any experience, he'll not understand. If I have an experience of the 'spiritual disease' would I be asking you?
Sies! angry

Dodging what questions?
Don't tell me that again all because you're trying to act, look or sound invasive.
Do I stay on the Forum all day?

If someone is so dumb to not know the difference between a spiritual illness (spiritual attack) and a physical/health failure kind of sickness, then I have nothing to explain to such a person.

You don't need to ask me.
Wait till you experience one, then you'd need no one to tell you what and how it is and goes.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by coputa(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

You are spiritually blind.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
coputa:
■ How does God pour blessing on the wicked,is it temporary blessings of the wicked that you termed God's blessings.
■ Some wealthy people who got their wealth from the devil,some decades ago,are now the poorest in their locality.
■ God's blessings endureth forever., the devil's is for a while.
1. God's kindness/mercy which He pours out of the whole of mankind is different from the blessings of God which are stored up only for those who belong to Him. God never said His kindness are temporary for the wicked so I am not certain why you think they are temporary. Recall that these are the very same kindness He pours out on all of mankind. So if it rains on the house of the man who claims to believe in God the same rain falls on the house of the man who does not believe in God. So, it is very wrong to assume that kindness only applies to one set and not to others. undecided

2. What you described does not only happen to wealthy people who you pretend all got their wealth through devious means. It happens to even those who obtain their wealth through legal means as well. undecided

Also, learn to separate God's mercy/kindness which He pours out daily on all of mankind from God's blessings which belong only to those who are continously living their lives in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God, Jesus Christ, in the Kingdom of God. The blessings of God are forever, however, the mere fact that God's mercy/kindness is poured out daily already more than explains the temporal nature of His mercies/kindnesses to anyone. undecided

3. Where did you read this idea that the devil blessed people? God is the only one written of blessing and cursing. So how can the devil bless abeg? undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by 1Sharon(f): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
coputa:
Is mostly when you are doing the right thing that God's grace normally got activated.As a student you must study hard to pass your exams first before praying for grace, ditto a sick person who is sick should see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment first before backing it with prayers and maybe healing from a pastor.
The pastor is not a doctor to consult when you are sick,the pastor is not your books to consult when you want to pass your exam.Grace always visits at the place of your works,Works in all ramifications.Grace doesn't come when you are doing the wrong thing.

So you're saying the OP's uncle was doing something wrong, which is?
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Staged miracles?
I'm not that daft to believe or not recognise staged miracles.
I'm not talking of staged miracles here.
I'm talking of real miracles.

Miracles are not done for show offs, OK?
Miracles are not to prove you wrong.
When GOD is in action to prove His presence, what will be done will be done.

How do you recognize a true miracle
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Dodging what questions?
Don't tell me that again all because you're trying to act, look or sound invasive.
Do I stay on the Forum all day?

If someone is so dumb to not know the difference between a spiritual illness (spiritual attack) and a physical/health failure kind of sickness, then I have nothing to explain to such a person.

You don't need to ask me.
Wait till you experience one, then you'd need no one to tell you what and how it is and goes.
Are you saying you don't recognize such spiritual illnesses? Yes or no.
If you do, explain them. Like I said, I haven't. You weren't born into this world with the power to recognize 'spiritual' illnesses. You were taught. So please teach an ignorant soul like mine

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
lereinter:
■ I agree that there are many scam pastors now, infact listening to radio is enough to know
The ones that are not selling oil and water are doing marketing for travel agents to carry people to Israel and Jordan
But you must understand that God only heals not any pastor Jesus Christ told the blind man He heal, not to go back to sin else worst thing would happen
■ Do you know some things are punishment from a misdeed and sin. Everyone is going to die, and the utmost is that you reach heaven. Many of the apostles were killed in gruesome ways, but they already saw where they were going. Either in pain or not, the utmost is to serve God and be holy
1. Stop lying to yourselves abeg! All of your pastors and mogs are con men who use the many mentions of the name of God and Jesus Christ to deceive you a lot with lies. They don't have themselves have the power to heal because if they did, it would happen the same way Jesus Christ was able to. Go check and you will find that every single one of them frequents a doctor when sickness hits them, why, because they do not trust God for their own healing. undecided

2. Stop making these rubbish excuses abeg! undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
coputa:
You are spiritually blind.
Is that the answer to my question?
When its crunch time to explain the inadequacies in christianity, chrissies like these Coputa and Westerhoffe adopt an aggressive and nebulous pose. It doesn't take much to know they don't know the answer grin

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by jaephoenix(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
1Sharon:

So you're saying the OP's uncle was doing something wrong, which is?
Not enough faith grin
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by 1Sharon(f): 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Not enough faith grin

🤦🏽‍♀️
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
■ Please don't make me angry this morning. Where you there with us?? Do you know my uncle was a praying man. He prayed and fasted ocassionaly Even before he got cancer. He prayed well. .he had string faith in God. So when I see people say his faith is not string I feel like slapping you guys.
. No need to get pissed at all. Your uncle was simply ignorant of God's Truth and allowed himself be hoodwinked by these conmen who use the name of God to deceive the gullible masses. Not trying to castigate him or something but simply making the truth known is all. undecided

According to scripture, God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas/requests/petitions of sinners are an abomination to God. So, no matter how long an unrighteous man prays, God will never answer Him. The majority of your pastors and mogs don't know Jesus Christ and aren't even born-again for that matter, so your uncle submitting himself to an unrighteous man was his mistake to the start. Only the prayers of the righteous availeth much... it is written right there in scripture.

Also, given that prayer is not the key to receiving answers to prayers, your uncle's focus was wrong from the start. The key for those who are in fact born-again is righteousness. Without righteousness, God will not answer your prayers at all. Anyone who thinks the first thing to do when sickness hits is to pray does not understand God nor His Truth.

■ If truly you want God to resolve the problem, first find out through submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments in Jesus Christ — Faith — that you can even be born-again (and possessed by the spirit of Eternal Life). If that is possible for you, then next is seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and righteousness, and all these things — the blessings of the Kingdom of God and answers to prayers — shall be added onto you. undecided
■ Another way is to search for a righteous man of God (he will definitely not be found in any churches or religion out there ) and ask Him to pray for your situation. That is what the Canaanite woman did, and that is what happened to all those who were healed by Jesus Christ. They went out to find the righteous man of God and got Him to heal them using the blessings of God that were already upon Him as a result of His righteousness. undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
Draslo:
■ It's the same thing. Desperate people will pour their faith into anything
1. And this man chose to pour his faith — submission and obedience — into the doctrines and traditions of the churches of men (pastors and mogs), only to end up loosing at the end, right? undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
coputa:
■ Is mostly when you are doing the right thing that God's grace normally got activated.
■ As a student you must study hard to pass your exams first before praying for grace,
■ ditto a sick person who is sick should see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment first before backing it with prayers and maybe healing from a pastor.
■ The pastor is not a doctor to consult when you are sick,the pastor is not your books to consult when you want to pass your exam.Grace always visits at the place of your works,Works in all ramifications.Grace doesn't come when you are doing the wrong thing.
1. That isn't true at all.

2. Many students are able to study hard and pass without praying to God at all. So why the need to append prayers as if they act as some sort of talisman when they don't and aren't meant to be used in that way? Prayer only works for those who are already holy and righteous, in which case they do not need to see a doctor nor need to study at all. undecided

3. Most people simply see a doctor, obtain treatment, and are done with the illness without uttering even one word of their ailment in prayer. What then in such cases? Look, some seeking relevance for these unscriptural ideas you keep trying to perpetuate. Again, Prayer does not work unless you are already holy and righteous in which case you would not even need to study or see a doctor at all. undecided

4. Your pastors have no place in this neither are prayers meant to be used through some form of a talisman. Stop propagating these meaningless ideas abeg! Prayer only works for those who are already holy and righteous, so says God Himself! undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ If you don't understand, have any idea or experience, then it's no use trying to explain.
1. Really? undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
northbird:
■ Faith is seeing the true reality of things and not giving validation to negative news which will in turn produce effects on the body and it's functions. Let me give you an example, If I told you ,
1. You have been given a new 3 bedroom apartment for life., how would you feel,you will feel elated,so also all the organs of the body.
2. Your new 3 bedroom apartment has been demolished by the state government..,how would you feel, downcast, 😔, so also the organs and functions of the body.
Two scenarios, both are not true,but they will nevertheless physically impact the functions of the body through the mind that receives and dwell on such thoughts,whether true or untrue. That is how faith works, holding on to the truth ...
This is all lies fed you by your pastors and mogs, men who themselves have no real knowing of God except from the doctrines and traditions that have been fed to them and that which they have created from the musings of their own minds to fool you lot with. undecided

God explained what faith is when He admitted to why He justified Abraham in Genesis 26 vs 5. Scripture has it that God justified Abraham by faith, and there in that passage, God explained exactly what it was that Abraham did to cause Him, God, to declare Him righteous. Abraham lived his life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and statutes. That is the faith that got Abraham justified. This is the same mandate that God gave to Adam in the beginning, to Noah, Isaac, Jacob, Israel, and the very same mandate given by Jesus Christ to all of His followers. A life of faith is a life lived in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God — God's very Law and Truth. undecided

So, all you have above are nothing but ridiculous tales fed to you by ordinary men to keep you deluded and distracted from learning the truth of God. undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
northbird:
■ Read the events in John , Martha had faith that if Jesus had come earlier, things would have been better, but Jesus was saying, Have faith,regardless of how bad the situation is? So Martha 's faith
1. It was not the faith of Mary nor Martha that caused Lazarus to be raised from the grave. Read what Jesus Christ said in John 11 vs 4 - 6 & then what He said in John 11 vs 25 - 26. There is a reason why we are told that Jesus Christ loved the siblings. undecided
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Gbolafff(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Are you a chronic masturbator who's willing to stop but finding it very difficult to give up that devastating act irrespective of;
1) how long you're addicted,
2) gender
3) Time
4) Habit
Here is a 100 percent sure way which I've tested and still using that has helped me overcome it.
I don't have enough time to explain how I've been masturbating here, But I was able to overcome a 15 yrs addiction. Therefore, if you are finding it difficult to stop. Just Dm on WhatsApp

Remember it's free and comes with no cost, we will work you out of this shameful habit
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Jakumo(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is all lies fed you by your pastors and mogs, men who themselves have no real knowing of God except from the doctrines and traditions that have been fed to them and that which they have created from the musings of their own minds to fool you lot with. undecided

God explained what faith is when He admitted to why He justified Abraham in Genesis 26 vs 5. Scripture has it that God justified Abraham by faith, and there in that passage, God explained exactly what it was that Abraham did to cause Him, God, to declare Him righteous. Abraham lived his life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and statutes. That is the faith that got Abraham justified. This is the same mandate that God gave to Adam in the beginning, to Noah, Isaac, Jacob, Israel, and the very same mandate given by Jesus Christ to all of His followers. A life of faith is a life lived in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God — God's very Law and Truth. undecided

So, all you have above are nothing but ridiculous tales fed to you by ordinary men to keep you deluded and distracted from learning the truth of God. undecided

Hey KJ you go way back as I do to the stone age of Nairaland's 2005 inception, but it is only recently when you returned after a long hiatus that your posts in the forum became intensely religious, contrasting sharply with the past when politics and random verbal jousting lay at the heart of your online discourse.

Folk singer icon Bob Dylan miraculously survived a major car crash many years ago and upon his recovery, Mr. Dylan released a series of albums that were deeply religious, which baffled many fans of his secular music catalog dating back before that crash. This leads me to the question I must ask you. Was there, in your recent living past, a milestone event that led to the deepening faith that now infuses virtually every forum post you've made recently? If the event about which I speculate is too tragic to relive by way of a response to my conjecture, then please forgive this line of questioning. That said, I am genuinely curious to hear from you about this question I have posed if you deem a response worthy of sharing in this open forum.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Jakumo:
■ Folk singer icon Bob Dylan miraculously survived a major car crash many years ago and upon his recovery, Mr. Dylan released a series of albums that were deeply religious, which baffled many fans of his secular music catalog dating back before that crash. This leads me to the question I must ask you. Was there, in your recent living past, a milestone event that led to the deepening faith that now infuses virtually every forum post you've made recently?
■ If the event about which I speculate is too tragic to relive by way of a response to my conjecture, then please forgive this line of questioning. That said, I am genuinely curious to hear from you about this question I have posed if you deem a response worthy of sharing in this open forum.
1. Yes! undecided

2. Nothing tragic! I had been searching for answers to deep questions I had regarding existence itself, the meaning and value of life, and whether or not there was intelligence out there beyond man and all that is seen. I came upon the path to God late in 2017 and have since been slowly and steadily walking along that path since then. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yahweh Ben Yahweh / Shocking Revelations About Nollywood, Catholic, Music Etc / Crazy Nigerian Guy Dancing in Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.