Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Why Churches Are Very Useless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Churches Are Very Useless (3099 Views)

Atheist Are Very Useless / Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Churches Are Very Useless by SultanOfAbia: 12:04am On Apr 28, 2023
One of my favorite uncle had cancer, he visited different churches. Looking for healing.
I remember one time I followed him to his pastors church.
They called him up for miracle healing
The pastor took my uncle to the altar and prayed and prayed, casting and binding together with the congregation

Then they both came out and the pastor said that my uncle had been healed. That he should do scam for the tumor.
The congregation shouted in praise
Pastor said that my uncle is already healed.
After program my uncle donate 400k to pastor.

On Monday, first thing we went to FMC and after the MRI scan. It turns out the tumor got bigger than before.

I watched my uncle slowly die in pain and agony upon all the prayers.
He lost faith in his pastor and other churches. He died 3 weeks later..

THE PASTOR REFUSED TO ANNOUNCE MY UNCLES DEATH BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE HIS PRAYERS FAILED.

AFTER I NOTICED THIS
I VOWED NOT TO ENTER ANY CHURCH
THEY ARE BUNCH OF SCAMMERS SELLING HOPE FOR THE MASSES.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by woginid967: 12:46am On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
One of my favorite uncle had cancer, he visited different churches. Looking for healing.
The pastor took my uncle to the altar and prayed and prayed, casting and binding together with the congregation

Then they both came out and the pastor said that my uncle had been healed. That he should do scam for the tumor.

On Monday, first thing we went to FMC and after the MRI scan. It turns out the tumor got bigger than before.

THE PASTOR REFUSED TO ANNOUNCE MY UNCLES DEATH BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE HIS PRAYERS FAILED.

AFTER I NOTICED THIS

This is bad but i feel your family was not desperate enough.

At least let him remain alive then you can all quit church. Payment before results doesn't work.... He should have gone to check first.

Wetin I know

2 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by V9er: 1:08am On Apr 28, 2023
The opium of the people

9 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by LikeAking: 1:18am On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

AFTER I NOTICED THIS

TRUE!
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by ednut1(m): 1:52am On Apr 28, 2023
All the miracles by Nigerian pastors are scams. TB joshua could not cure himself of his sickness, Kumuyi couldn’t cure his late wife of cancer too. They keep deceiving people

17 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by SultanOfAbia: 1:56am On Apr 28, 2023
woginid967:

This is bad but i feel your family was not desperate enough.

At least let him remain alive then you can all quit church. Payment before results doesn't work.... He should have gone to check first.

Wetin I know
somebody that even went to USA for chemotherapy.
Spent lots of money in India
This pastor at the beginning was telling him to ignore doctors report and have faith in God. When it got worse pastor invited him for miracle healing.
His wife was very desperate, she planned to take him to isreal weeks before he died

3 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by woginid967: 1:59am On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
This pastor at the beginning was telling him to ignore doctors report and have faith in God. When it got worse pastor invited him for miracle healing.
His wife was very desperate, she planned to take him to isreal but he died

How many pastors did you go
There are free correct ones

Tb Joshua's sons all over the country
Jeremiah fufeyin
Healing school with pastor Chris is there o
Mediluck on youtube is there.... She can detect if its spiritual or physical and give you solutions....

So which one is india and all that. Even in india forget hospital i know places to go
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by incandescentena: 2:08am On Apr 28, 2023
You think that gee representing "Righteousness" here too, is for real??

It's all business!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by SweetBuns(f): 2:16am On Apr 28, 2023
In as much as I'd have liked to believe your story and sympathize with you, I still have to take everything here with a grain of salt because this is a faceless forum where anybody can claim to be somebody who did/experienced xyz.

If your story is indeed true, then I'm really sorry for your loss.
But still, you shouldn't write off all MoG because of one bad experience with people who called themselves into ministry. Have you heard of the Healing Streams by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome?

Go and do your homework, and see true miracles unfold
Stop looking at the world through a keyhole when there is a whole balcony avaliable to you.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Smartguyboy(m): 2:48am On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

AFTER I NOTICED THIS

Why not collect the 400k back ?

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by godliman: 3:35am On Apr 28, 2023
If I say I didn't feel your pain I am lying. The truth however is churches are not useless, some churches and pastors might be.
Look the subject of healing is delicate, God heals heals who he wills not the pastor. Some pastors love money. That church should have asked your uncle to go for a test before claiming he is healed. They should be raising money to support him not collecting from him. So churches are not useless, the one your uncle attended messed up big time. Ask the family of Late Deborah Samuel if you are in doubt. If I were that pastor I will return your uncle's donation frankly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:02am On Apr 28, 2023
woginid967:

Jeremiah fufeyin
Mediluck on youtube is there.... She can detect if its spiritual or physical and give you solutions....

So which one is india and all that. Even in india forget hospital i know places to go

Just pray you don't get cancer or any other terminal disease one of these days.

You'll be forced to learn the truth about religion

6 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by anthonyuncle(m): 4:05am On Apr 28, 2023
take heart on your loss, but one bad experience shouldn't make you generalize.

don't worry,
there's a nairaland bros that'll soon come and prescribe counselling for you and your family.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Westerhoffe(m): 4:11am On Apr 28, 2023
Churches are not useless.

I'm sorry about the loss of your uncle, but too many things are just not right in the pictures.

The isue with most of you is that, you don't really have faith in GOD, but you want Him blasting miracles down on you before you can believe, meanwhile, the Bible says without faith, it is impossible to please GOD.

Why do you think JESUS CHRIST mostly tell those He healed that aacording to their faith, let it be unto them?

Your uncle sowing ₦400,000 as a seed shows he thought he is paying for the miracle he thought he has received.

The pastor collecting the money as a seed is a glutton who thinks he can sell GOD'S actions for money.

There are too many errors in the picture.

GOD cures and heals for real.
I have witnessed many of such live experiences.
But you see most of those moG who claims to bind and banish are only shouting that to make themselves relevant to the congregation. GOD does not work through a proud vessel who thinks they are the ones doing the works because they're a pastor/minister.

Who has the power to alter nature and even reverse it if not GOD?
Do you even know if that pastor is close enough to GOD to bring GOD'S hands down into action?

Miracles and healings are not done by the screamings and shoutings and groanings and belchings and jumpings of any pastors. Miracles are done by GOD. So what do you now expect when you go to a pastor for a miracle and not to GOD?

If your uncle had been healed, do you think that Pastor would have given GOD the glory or claimed it to himself as a strong moG?

He refused to announce your uncle had died because he doesn't want to be seen as someone whose prayers cannot heal like he is the one to make your uncle whole in GOD'S stead.

Know who you go to as a Man of GOD, because majority of those around now are men of the Bellies.

You just learnt a lesson the bitter way, that not all men are of GOD.

3 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Jimmythewise: 4:22am On Apr 28, 2023
Nigerians are delusional because of religion. Mental slaves to the teeth. You learnt yours the hard way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by FRANCISTOWN: 4:27am On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

AFTER I NOTICED THIS

I'm sorry about that OP. That thing called church is a business centre. There is no God anywhere that answers prayers.

Prayers are useless.

Prayers has never done anything to anyone
There was a guy who created a thread some weeks back, I don't know if I can still remember the title of the thread.

His story was so touching. He also prayed and fasted, went to many mountains and many pastors and yet, he is dying as we speak.

Someone I love so much, my senior colleague at a previous place of work was coming from a prayer mountain where he had been for 7days and got into an accident just yesterday as he was going home.
As I type , he is in comma, his both legs condemned.

You see, it's either that their God is extremely wicked or he is no where at all. Though I'm sure it's the latter.

7 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Dshocker(m): 4:37am On Apr 28, 2023
woginid967:

Jeremiah fufeyin

To press your neck dey hungry me.

9 Likes

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Dshocker(m): 4:38am On Apr 28, 2023
woginid967:

Jeremiah fufeyin

SMH 🤦🤦🤦
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by woginid967: 4:40am On Apr 28, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Just pray you don't get cancer or any other terminal disease one of these days.

You'll be forced to learn the truth about religion

You think i am just gistin?

Bro I have been healed before.... It works.... Na una no know how to waka .

Men dey.... Legit Spiritual work dey wey dey work fast.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by superCleanworks(m): 4:42am On Apr 28, 2023
grin
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by FRANCISTOWN: 4:57am On Apr 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:

I'm sorry about the loss of your uncle, but too many things are just not right in the pictures.

The isue with most of you is that, you don't really have faith in GOD, but you want Him blasting miracles down on you before you can believe, meanwhile, the Bible says without faith, it is impossible to please GOD.

Why do you think JESUS CHRIST mostly tell those He healed that aacording to their faith, let it be unto them?

Your uncle sowing ₦400,000 as a seed shows he thought he is paying for the miracle he thought he has received.

The pastor collecting the money as a seed is a glutton who thinks he can sell GOD'S actions for money.

But you see most of those moG who claims to bind and banish are only shouting that to make themselves relevant to the congregation. GOD does not work through a proud vessel who thinks they are the ones doing the works because they're a pastor/minister.

Do you even know if that pastor is close enough to GOD to bring GOD'S hands down into action?

Miracles and healings are not done by the screamings and shoutings and groanings and belchings and jumpings of any pastors. Miracles are done by GOD. So what do you now expect when you go to a pastor for a miracle and not to GOD?

If your uncle had been healed, do you think that Pastor would have given GOD the glory or claimed it to himself as a strong moG?

He refused to announce your uncle had died because he doesn't want to be seen as someone whose prayers cannot heal like he is the one to make your uncle whole in GOD'S stead.

Know who you go to as a Man of GOD, because majority of those around now are men of the Bellies.

Abobi biko, no just vex people here. Them no get faith for inside Jesus yet them carry am go church.
No be in Jesus name the pastor take pray? Why them no carry am go mosque or shrine?

Una go dey do like say na una Sabi pass.
So them do wrongly unto say them carry the man go Church huh? Akwana? Those ones wey them dey carry go TB Joshua wey them go dey alright nko?(though we know say all those ones na staged)

And how e take wrong say people believe in their pastors? Even the buybull encourages the faithfool to believe in their pastors
2Chro 20:20 "....Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. " .

When the children of Isrealites needed anything, they went straight to their prophets, because prophets are said to be the mouth piece of God.

It's obvious you guys don't know anything about that book you carry about.

I can give you many instances in the Bible where believing in prophets yielded good results. So stop acting like you know all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by mu2sa2: 5:26am On Apr 28, 2023
Eyaa, r.i.p. Only if your uncle knew that in naija christianity nothing is impossible - scamming is just a tip of the sordid things being perpetrated by pastors. The next thing after scamming your deceased uncle, the crook will go after the wife who's now single or the daughter to whom he has become "daddy".
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by IamANigerianMan: 6:05am On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

AFTER I NOTICED THIS

May his soul rest in peace, bro, the truth is that God works wonders and perform miracles not a pastor, please , note, God is not a magician he is a miracle worker, God is not babalawo, God is God, your uncle cannot start run from church to church because he needed miracle, how was his relationship with God? Does he know what God says concerning his heath in the bible? 3Jn2, Ps103:1-3, Ps91:14,16, Jer 30:17, 17,14, Ex 15:26, Ex 23:25-26 etc brother let be genuine with God and enjoy our inheritance (Divine health) instead running to God in sin.. I pray your own life is useful to God now.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Autobot05: 6:33am On Apr 28, 2023
This is what happens when you dont read the bible but want miracles lmao ... you'll end up being exploited by pastors fraudsters
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Autobot05: 6:34am On Apr 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:

You nailed it comrade
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by eventainment(m): 6:39am On Apr 28, 2023
Well, the question I will ask is do you love God?
If yes!
Then it is written: if you love Me keep my commandments!
And one of the commandments states thus: do not forsake the congregation of the RIGHTEOUS.
Instead of not going at all be attending Gbile Akanni fellowships: Living Seed (Peace House) is not a church but a fellowship where Christians from different denominations meet to expose Gods word.
Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Jakumo(m): 7:15am On Apr 28, 2023
It is reassuring to note that a FEW Nigerians are finally freeing their minds from the brainwashing of charlatan miracle pastors who trick people into handing over their salaries in exchange for bogus tall tales promising wealth, magic cures, more rampant sex and any number of delightful illusions they know to be desired by the gullible sheep in their flocks.

It will be a cold day in hell before ANY pastor, witch doctor or Babalawo will lay their filthy money-grubbing paws on one solitary dime of my disposable income. Rather than hand over my money to a fucking pastor, I would rather bundle up those currency notes and put them to productive use as bathroom tissue, since the benefit of such madness would at the very least prove tangible and visible.

Any time a person in my immediate vicinity claims to be a personal assistant to Papa God, I grip my wallet tightly and retreat from the area, while looking around furtively so as not to be taken by surprise if any accomplices of such con men might be sneaking up on me during such an unsolicited sermon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by Westerhoffe(m): 7:20am On Apr 28, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Abobi biko, no just vex people here. Them no get faith for inside Jesus yet them carry am go church.
No be in Jesus name the pastor take pray? Why them no carry am go mosque or shrine?

Una go dey do like say na una Sabi pass.
So them do wrongly unto say them carry the man go Church huh? Akwana? Those ones wey them dey carry go TB Joshua wey them go dey alright nko?(though we know say all those ones na staged)

And how e take wrong say people believe in their pastors? Even the buybull encourages the faithfool to believe in their pastors
2Chro 20:20 "....Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. " .

When the children of Isrealites needed anything, they went straight to their prophets, because prophets are said to be the mouth piece of God.

It's obvious you guys don't know anything about that book you carry about.

I can give you many instances in the Bible where believing in prophets yielded good results. So stop acting like you know all

I am not trying to infuriate anyone here. Read my comment properly and understand.

The closeness those prophets of GOD the children of Israel go to, do you know how well they maintain it before and with GOD?

Or have you not read what GOD said about a prophet He did not choose Himself?

Was Moses the one doing all what he was doing then by his own powers?
Which of the self acclaimed prophets/pastors today are willing to become Spirits in human bodies like those prophets of GOD in those days?

Do you think it's just by screaming, "I command healing to your body!" at the name of Jesus and everything will just be happening?

Most pastors today don't even know GOD!
Understand what I am trying to make you realize!!

When JESUS CHRIST spoke in:

Matthew 17 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁰ And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
²¹ Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Do you realize that GOD does not even recognize some of these Pastors/ministers that are leading you, but which many are following sheepishly?

To be a true Man of GOD to the level of laying hands on the sick and they getting healed is not achieved by the loudness of your prayers on the microphone and the air you blow into the microphone to polish your glory before men. It is achieved by your closeness to GOD, your relationship with the Almighty and your hotness in the HOLY SPIRIT.

All sicknesses are natural or spiritual.
So the power to reverse it when it defies medicines is in the hands of GOD alone, not in the hands of pastors… they're not GOD.

And the issue is, most of them today are only seeking their own fame and glory.

That a pastor is shouting and sighing does not make him or give him the power to be able to heal the sick, please.

1 Like

Re: Why Churches Are Very Useless by northbird: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
His wife was very desperate, she planned to take him to isreal weeks before he died

Sorry about the loss.. it's painful. But miracles are real....But .. the most important factor in invoking the miracle is always the subject/sick person.
"The just shall live by his faith"

Not the preacher's faith,or pastor's faith or congregation faith, but your own faith. Most people don't know this open truth.

Faith comes by raising your consciousness through self affirmations of healing verses ( repetitive confession ,like 7 times daily of different verses .In the orients, it's known as chanting mantras.. Till the verses enters the subconscious, where instructions will be given to the cancerous cells to stop replication and begin the restorative process at the cellular level.

The body has the power to heal itself, it's a latent power ,most people don't engage it.
Drugs and medical intervention just aid. The real healing is from the host/body itself

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheist Memes / What's the Gift Most Wanted By Boys for Christmas? / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.