Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Is Death The End Of The Road? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Death The End Of The Road? (2022 Views)

What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / Do Not Take The Covid Vaccine. The Vaccine Is Death / Pastor Tries To Heal A Mad Woman On The Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Death The End Of The Road? by HeavenBreed: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2023
The Bible teaches that heaven is the ultimate inheritance for those who have faith in God and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Jesus himself spoke about the inheritance of heaven in Matthew 5:3, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” This indicates that those who humbly acknowledge their need for God and submit to his lordship will inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Furthermore, Jesus Christ emphasized the eternal nature of this inheritance in Matthew 25:34. The Bible in the piece taught us that the inheritance of heaven is not a temporary place but a timeless place of blessing prepared for the overcomers by God from the beginning of creation. John the apostle also recorded in John 14:1-3 that Jesus Christ promised to prepare a place for anybody who believes and accepts Him as Lord and Savior. This is the promise to be wherever He (the Christ) is.

The Apostle Paul expanded the concept of inheritance in his writings. In Ephesians 1:11–14, Paul the Apostle explains that believers have been predestined by God to receive an inheritance in Christ. He states, “In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”

According to Paul the Apostle, the Holy Spirit is a down payment, guaranteeing the inheritance of believers in Christ. This highlights the certainty and security of the heavenly inheritance, which is not subject to change or loss. It also emphasizes the redemptive work of Christ, which secures the eternal destiny of believers in heaven.

What happens to the people in hell?.........continue
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2023
HeavenBreed:

What happens to the people in hell?

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave (hell), whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10

2 Likes

Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave (hell), whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10

God is not the God of the dead, but of the living
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MightySparrow: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2023
TenQ:

Do you mean that death leads to God? Exlly.
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
TenQ:

That's why He is longing to bring His friends back to life {Job 14:13-15} because it's like He's watching life videos of all His loyal ones whenever He remembers them! Luke 20:37-38

As for those who never cared about God's word or feelings He (God) has no record of them so when God is bringing back His faithful friends {John 5:28-29} those who don't care about Him will be forgotten in their graves! Psalms 9:17
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's why He is longing to bring His friends back to life {Job 14:13-15} because it's like He's watching life videos of all His loyal ones whenever He remembers them! Luke 20:37-38

As for those who never cared about God's word or feelings He (God) has no record of them so when God is bringing back His faithful friends {John 5:28-29} those who don't care about Him will be forgotten in their graves! Psalms 9:17
Is Jehovah God the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2023
MightySparrow:

Do you mean that death leads to God? Exlly.
At death, dont we return to God?

1 Like

Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MightySparrow: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
TenQ:

At death, dont we return to God?

My friend.
That's my belief.
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
MightySparrow:

My friend.
That's my belief.
Even at our death, God still remain God_Yahweh over us.
We are either in the Place where Abraham is or the Place where the "Rich Man" was domiciled.
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
TenQ:

Is Jehovah God the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
YES, but DEAD in their graves to be resurrected as RIGHTEOUS! John 5:28-29; Act 24:15
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MightySparrow: 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
TenQ:

Even at our death, God still remain God_Yahweh over us.
We are either in the Place where Abraham is or the Place where the "Rich Man" was domiciled.

Yeah
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES, but DEAD in their graves to be resurrected as RIGHTEOUS! John 5:28-29; Act 24:15
Then according to Jesus, God is NOT the God of the Dead: meaning that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were only Physically dead but not dead to God!

Only God has the Power to KILL the Body and AFTER that still kill the SOUL!
I am sure you don't understand what this mean.

Matt 10:28
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Question:
1. What is the Soul of a person?
2. When a person dies, what happens to his Soul?
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
MightySparrow:

Yeah
The Peace of God be to you Bro!
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
TenQ:

Then according to Jesus, God is NOT the God of the Dead: meaning that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were only Physically dead but not dead to God! Only God has the Power to KILL the Body and AFTER that still kill the SOUL! I am sure you don't understand what this mean.
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Question:

Jesus spoke our language {Zephaniah 3:9} but if we don't teach you it's difficult to grasp.

All Adam's descendants are dead from God's viewpoint {Luke 9:60; Romans 3:23; 5:12} but those practicing righteousness are living to Him so even though they die their names are written in God's memory book {John 11:25 compare to Malachi 3:16} for resurrection! John 5:28-29

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus spoke our language {Zephaniah 3:9} but if we don't teach you it's difficult to grasp.

All Adam's descendants are dead from God's viewpoint {Luke 9:60; Romans 3:23; 5:12} but those practicing righteousness are living to Him so even though they die their names are written in God's memory book {John 11:25 compare to Malachi 3:16} for resurrection! John 5:28-29
I didn't ask you for memory verses, I am asking two simple questions to know your level of comprehension of the words of Christ. If you claim that Jesus spoke our language, then the questions shouldn't be difficult to answer in our language.

Are the questions difficult?
If you can't answer the questions, how can you claim an understanding of the scripture through Christ.

With Reference to

Question:
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
TenQ:

I didn't ask you for memory verses, I am asking two simple questions to know your level of comprehension of the words of Christ. If you claim that Jesus spoke our language, then the questions shouldn't be difficult to answer in our language.

Are the questions difficult?
If you can't answer the questions, how can you claim an understanding of the scripture through Christ.

With Reference to

Question:

You've come again with your questions, shey?

Sorry my guy, you and i aren't worshiping the same God so if you're not OK with what i said it's not difficult, go and worship with your fellow believers. I never came here for you! wink
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by OkCornel(m): 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
Death is a transition to another realm of existence called Sheol (the grave, Hades in Greek)

Per ancient Jewish rabbinical beliefs prevalent in the second temple Judaism era:
In Sheol, there are two compartments for the souls of the dead. (Note their physical bodies are “sleeping” in the tombs, however their souls are conscious and active in Sheol)

1. Abraham’s bosom aka paradise, which is the abode of the righteous.

2. A place of torment for the sinners.

Refer to Jesus’ teachings on the rich man and Lazarus.

At the time of resurrection (second resurrection - see Revelation 20) both the righteous and the wicked would have their souls reunited with their bodies.

They’ll be judged according to their works, those whose name are in the book of life would live forever on the new earth. Those who are not would be cast into the lake of fire (the second death)

Different scenario for believers in Christ. At death, their souls will be in heaven (take note, their physical bodies would be “sleeping” in the tombs or wherever)

At the last trumpet (after the great tribulation), their souls would be reunited with their bodies, and they’ll reign with Christ for a thousand years on earth in the millennial reign.

Cc: Jokerman
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 4:34am On Apr 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You've come again with your questions, shey?

Sorry my guy, you and i aren't worshiping the same God so if you're not OK with what i said it's not difficult, go and worship with your fellow believers. I never came here for you! wink
Of course, we aren't worshiping the same DEITY. You worship two Gods. One you call the Almighty God and the other you call mighty god. That is why you and Muslims are close brethren: simple questions are enough to unravel your faulty theologies.

It is not about regurgitation of memory verses, do you understand what you have memorised?

With Reference to

Question:
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:03am On Apr 29, 2023
TenQ:

Of course, we aren't worshiping the same DEITY.
Question:

Since you and i aren't worshiping the same God it's better you take your question to those worshiping the same deity as you do! wink

2 Likes

Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 5:10am On Apr 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Since you and i aren't worshiping the same God it's better you take your question to those worshiping the same deity as you do! wink
Unfortunately, you use my bible don't you?
LOL!
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:21am On Apr 29, 2023
TenQ:

Unfortunately, you use my bible don't you?
LOL!
Find answer to your questions!
Over 41,000 different sects are using the Bible yet they all have contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines so if you're not ready to learn from me it's not by force go find your answers elsewhere!
There's nothing like soul after a person dies because the person is the same as the soul, when a person dies it means reduction of the human population but to his or her love ones they feel it should have been someone else that's what soul means not that an unseen thing survives the dead! wink

2 Likes

Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 6:46am On Apr 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Find answer to your questions!
Over 41,000 different sects are using the Bible yet they all have contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines so if you're not ready to learn from me it's not by force go find your answers elsewhere!
There's nothing like soul after a person dies because the person is the same as the soul, when a person dies it means reduction of the human population but to his or her love ones they feel it should have been someone else that's what soul means not that an unseen thing survives the dead! wink
Sorry sir.
It was Mr Maximus I asked two insanely simple questions to see if he understands the scripture

It's obvious, the response to those questions have not yet been memoriesd by you. Otherwise

Question:
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50am On Apr 29, 2023
TenQ:

Sorry sir.
It was Mr Maximus I asked two insanely simple questions to see if he understands the scripture

It's obvious, the response to those questions have not yet been memoriesd by you. Otherwise
Question:

There's no need waiting for my explanation if you know the answer to your own question.

Are you ready to learn from what JWs teaches?

If YES is your answer then you have to tender an apology for all the nonsense and ingredients you often say when begging for knowledge.

I don't keep records of most people until they come up again with their usual attitude, i was responding to you earlier because i have forgotten the moniker now that you've reminded me with your usual behaviour that apology you refused to tender the other time comes to mind again.

What is soul and what happened to soul at death?

I will answer but you must tender apology first and openly confess that you're ready to learn from Jehovah's Witnesses otherwise keep what you know to yourself i'm not interested! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 8:29am On Apr 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There's no need waiting for my explanation if you know the answer to your own question.

Are you ready to learn from what JWs teaches?

If YES is your answer then you have to tender an apology for all the nonsense and ingredients you often say when begging for knowledge.

I don't keep records of most people until they come up again with their usual attitude, i was responding to you earlier because i have forgotten the moniker now that you've reminded me with your usual behaviour that apology you refused to tender the other time comes to mind again.

What is soul and what happened to soul at death?

I will answer but you must tender apology first and openly confess that you're ready to learn from Jehovah's Witnesses otherwise keep what you know to yourself i'm not interested! smiley
You over rate yourself. Who do you think you are?

What offence have I committed: please post it here as evidence.
Only after that can I apologize for your perceived "behaviour of insanity"?

Everything to dodge answering questions!
As you don't know, please get off my mention!

Question:
With Matt 10:28 in perspective
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by LegalWolf: 8:30am On Apr 29, 2023
TenQ:

Sorry sir.

Question:

Hey Potential Thief,

Since Monday is a public holiday, when are you going to write a thread? Have you exhausted your ammunitions? Don't be sleazy and lazy like ... ukr ? grin grin grin grin grin? So put your pen together and do the work, don't be an idi0t grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hoping to hear from you before close of business on Monday

Cheers X!
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 8:45am On Apr 29, 2023
The slime and filth of Islam as a religion will take more than me or a space like NL alone to clean off.

If you look at my last post, you'll find that it is about 8 pages long. It shows something about you Muslims: you can only make noise when the truth in Islam is kept under the radar!
LegalWolf:

Hey Potential Thief,

Since Monday is a public holiday, when are you going to write a thread? Have you exhausted your ammunitions? Don't be sleazy and lazy like ... ukr ? grin grin grin grin grin? So put your pen together and do the work, don't be an idi0t grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hoping to hear from you before close of business on Monday

Cheers X!
As the Coward you are, you pretended you didn't see my questions in the last 40 days but of course you did and that is sufficient for me. One of these days, the mercy of God would be extended to you and you will come to God for your SALVATION!

It is obvious to you now that Mohammed is leading you to hell fire where he promises you endless penis, perpetual virgins, booze/wine in a place where all forms of debauchery is legal.

Question:
What would be the relationship of Muslims with Allah in paradise?
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by sonmvayina(m): 9:01am On Apr 29, 2023
Nooooo

It is the beginning of life....

We are just spiritual beings just having a human experience...

We just give up our vessel...

And go home...
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by sonmvayina(m): 9:02am On Apr 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Death acquits us of sin...
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by LegalWolf: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2023
💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
TenQ:
The slime and filth of blood of Jesus as a Christian concept will take more than me or a space like NL alone to clean off.

If you look at my last post, you'll find that it is about 8 pages long. It shows something about you Muslims: you can only make noise when the truth in Islam is kept under the radar!

…..

It is obvious to you now that yhwh is leading me to hell fire where he promises me endless penis, perpetual virgins, booze/wine in a place where all forms of debauchery is legal.

Question:
What would be the relationship of Muslims with Allah in paradise?
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by sonmvayina(m): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2023
TenQ:

You over rate yourself. Who do you think you are?

What offence have I committed: please post it here as evidence.
Only after that can I apologize for your perceived "behaviour of insanity"?

Everything to dodge answering questions!
As you don't know, please get off my mention!

Question:

Let us make man in our image after our likeness....

And God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed through his nostrils the breathe of life and Man became a living soul..

A living soul is = Dust if the earth+ Gods breathe.

A dead soul is = Dust of the earth - Gods breathe.
When a person experiences death, it means God has taken his breath...
We are all God's breath(spirit) experiencing life in multiple ways....

The purpose of life lies therein....that is to achieve unity..

We are a soul, we don't have a soul...
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by sonmvayina(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2023
Death is an illusion..a deception of some sort.

We are spiritual beings...dwelling within a physical body made from the dust of the earth..

God is not a spirit...we are..

God is conciouseness personified.....

Psalm 104;29-31
Re: Is Death The End Of The Road? by TenQ: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2023
The word Soul can have a number of meanings, that was why my question was specific

With respect to Matt 10:28

sonmvayina:

Let us make man in our image after our likeness....

And God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed through his nostrils the breathe of life and Man became a living soul..

A living soul is = Dust if the earth+ Gods breathe.

A dead soul is = Dust of the earth - Gods breathe.
When a person experiences death, it means God has taken his breath...
We are all God's breath(spirit) experiencing life in multiple ways....

The purpose of life lies therein....that is to achieve unity..

We are a soul, we don't have a soul...
So, according to you, a soul can be living or dead

1. If the soul is merely God's breath, will God kill his breath in hell?
(I assume he'll here means the GRAVE according to your JW doctrines )
Please correct me if I'm wrong
This is exactly why Maximus is avoiding my question

Question:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Dogma Of Trinity / Don't Allow Religiousheads To Take Over This Forum / Idehn, Logicboy/macdaddy, Mkmyers45, Delafruita, Etc: An Answer For Yahweh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.