Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating (23153 Views)

If You’ve Forgotten Your Matriculation Number, This Is For You / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Only One Clipper Was Used To Scrape Off The Hair Of Covenant University Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Coolx: 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2023
Hahah
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Willsland(m): 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
Highbeepeeh:
Good morning Nairalanders,

I did my ND in Ogun state, the school name was Owu College of Technology, and the management of the school told us then that they are under a school called Grace polytechnic.

So, I run the program with then in the year 2017/ 2019. I completed my HND at federal polytechnic ilaro, and I ought to be in service already.

The problem now is I went to the jamb office in February to do my regularization, I meet with the jamb officer and she said my matric number had been used for another student, I thought she made a mistake while typing my matric number...

So, I brought out my statement of result to show but it was still the same thing.

I went back to owu tech to made a complaint, I was told to write a letter and I attached a copy of my statement of result to that letter.

Since February now there ain't been any solution, I meet with the rector and he said they're working it till now from February.
I really wish to go with the batch B for the nysc.

My people had been thinking that maybe I got rusticated while I was in school.

Please I really need help over this issue.

Fynestboi
Richiez
olawalebabs

How is this possible? thought matric number consist of year entry, dept, faculty and serial number on admission list, the chances of this happening is rare
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Starships4u(m): 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
Highbeepeeh:

I did my ND in Ogun state, the school name was Owu College of Technology, and the management of the school told us then that they are under a school called Grace polytechnic.

So, I run the program with then in the year 2017/ 2019. I completed my HND at federal polytechnic ilaro, and I ought to be in service already.

The problem now is I went to the jamb office in February to do my regularization, I meet with the jamb officer and she said my matric number had been used for another student, I thought she made a mistake while typing my matric number...

So, I brought out my statement of result to show but it was still the same thing.

I went back to owu tech to made a complaint, I was told to write a letter and I attached a copy of my statement of result to that letter.

Since February now there ain't been any solution, I meet with the rector and he said they're working it till now from February.

Fynestboi
Richiez
olawalebabs

Sue them...
That's the only language they'd understand.
Claim huge damages....
Yhur lawyer should know better.....
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by irichy100(m): 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
Highbeepeeh:

Fynestboi
Richiez
olawalebabs

How possible is it for two persons of different set or academy year to share matric no? If the other numbers attached are similar, what of the year?
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Brownshoe: 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
Why you self go to "owu" na owu means jealous in Yoruba language, someone is jealous of your matric number.
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by pocom35: 1:40am On Apr 29, 2023
YoungLionken:
Don't just go to school in order to have a sense of belonging as others..

If it's not a renowned school, you shouldn't be there, so as to avoid a situation like this...

Everyone cannot study in a renowned school sir.. and please even the top school can have issues related to this..

A top school in Ogun state..

OOU is still refusing to release some students original certificate..and it has cost them their jobs...how do you defend that

1 Like

Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Caseless: 1:45am On Apr 29, 2023
Highbeepeeh:

Fynestboi
Richiez
olawalebabs

dem don sell your records to another person. All this mushroom schools sef. Sue them!
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by FairlyUSEDpussy: 1:55am On Apr 29, 2023
chemla:
You need a Barister on this issue if the school authority not talking necessary action on time
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by raphy(m): 5:16am On Apr 29, 2023
When they say school na scam In Nigeria no be joke o..

See how they want to scam him
I hope he won the case good luck
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by sylve11: 8:49am On Apr 29, 2023
Heroicvic:
If you need cultist to scatter everywhere free of charge quote this comment

Na wa o shocked grin cool
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by WhereMyLoud: 11:12am On Apr 29, 2023
OWU NO DEY TOUCH MY BODY (OBOY EH)
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Deejokee: 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
I am a student of owutech and is a good school, I had never any issues in the course of my study, these are just issues that can be corrected, Schools also made these mistakes. My advice to you is to liaise with the school management to correct the abnormality.
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Deejokee: 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
We knew nobody is perfect even all this big or well recognized school are making mistakes also.
Moreover they all started from somewhere also. We can’t judge because there’s no evidence to prove that the management are not working on.

I’m sorry if my opinion sound somehow but I knew they’ll sort it out once.
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
The world is advancing on A.I. now and common to issue simple matric number in serial and undistorted order,you stupid one Africa village institution cant keep.
Una registrar no do arithmetic for primary school not to talk of statistics?
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by timay1: 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
Willsland:

How is this possible? thought matric number consist of year entry, dept, faculty and serial number on admission list, the chances of this happening is rare

Not all school use that Format. Example is University of Ibadan. Their students Matric number is just straight up 6 digit numbers
Re: My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating by Jolite(m): 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
You can come to Abuja, locate human rights radio and Television or call 08020781966 I can help you the process to go about for free.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Cramming Affect One's Performance After School? / Professor Olayemi Durotimi Accused Of Sexual Impropriety, Drunkenness / 5 Interesting Ways Whatsapp Is Helping Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.