Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

What Is The Possibility Of Changing My Visa Status From F2 To Either Work Or F1 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Possibility Of Changing My Visa Status From F2 To Either Work Or F1 (480 Views)

Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? / My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Possibility Of Changing My Visa Status From F2 To Either Work Or F1 by Benjosh123(m): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2023
Dear Nairalander,
i would like to know the possibility of an F2 visa holder in the USA changing the visa Status to work or F1 status.
as I've been told that F2 visa Holder is not eligible to work officially in the USA since SSN would not be issued.

So Please how do an F2 visa Status Holder Survive in the US.
i really need your opinion
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Changing My Visa Status From F2 To Either Work Or F1 by ednut1(m): 11:55am On Apr 28, 2023
Benjosh123:
Dear Nairalander,
i would like to know the possibility of an F2 visa holder in the USA changing the visa Status to work or F1 status.
as I've been told that F2 visa Holder is not eligible to work officially in the USA since SSN would not be issued.

they work illegally which is crime if caught
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Changing My Visa Status From F2 To Either Work Or F1 by optimusprime2(m): 11:38am On Apr 30, 2023
Benjosh123:
Dear Nairalander,

If you can, apply to study while on F2 and change it in the US or (the harder one)... apply for a job that can potentially sponsor your H1 then go to Mexico and apply to change.

If you are in the US, network with immigrant communities for more insights.

If you are still in Nigeria contemplating, then do not apply for an F2 if you know you will not maintain your F2 status.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Changing My Visa Status From F2 To Either Work Or F1 by Benjosh123(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ok, Thank you for this insight, However i just need more clarity, what is the influence of Mexico in this? does it will be easier attended to in Mexico?

optimusprime2:

If you can, apply to study while on F2 and change it in the US or (the harder one)... apply for a job that can potentially sponsor your H1 then go to Mexico and apply to change.

If you are in the US, network with immigrant communities for more insights.

If you are still in Nigeria contemplating, then do not apply for an F2 if you know you will not maintain your F2 status.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Changing My Visa Status From F2 To Either Work Or F1 by optimusprime2(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
Benjosh123:
Ok, Thank you for this insight, However i just need more clarity, what is the influence of Mexico in this? does it will be easier attended to in Mexico?

Because you need to leave the US to effect certain changes... Mexico is the closest country that you can visit with a valid US visa.

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Could I Buy Any Comic Book In Anambra State? / Who Had Never Boarded A Keke, Or Stood In A BRT? / Facts About Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.