Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija (2466 Views)

Igbos Relocating Back North Due To Insecurity,High Cost Of Living And Greed East / What Is Happen To Naija,cow Found Inside Hospital / Former Nigerian Soldier Looks Unrecognisable After Relocating Abroad. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
After japa to another country, I realized it is not easy to survive aside from money you make.
missing family and friends.
Don't get it twisted I make the money but have to put the time in.
but it is so boring.
Should I return to Nigeria?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Hawx(m): 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2023
To begin with, which country are you?

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
USA
Hawx:
To begin with, which country are you?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Wodu89: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
USA

You're joking.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by helinues: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2023
Bro think am well oo.

To enjoy Nigeria, you need money

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by inoki247: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
Lol US wey some people dey die to go to na him tire u....

Surviving outside the country isn't easy you've to work for every Penny, Pay rent every month, Bills nko...

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by ucheheart(m): 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
my guy, just remain there, Nigeria is getting worst by the day. soon you will get over the things you see as problems over there. just a little patience and you will be good.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by helinues: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
Cooldowntemper:

That is why you need to wash your dirty boxers and look for a job .

And stop defending evil politicians

Mynd44
Seun
Oamj4
Mukina
Dominique

Rule 1 and 2
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by didroon43: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
After japa to another country, I realized it is not easy to survive aside from money you make.
but it is so boring.

It is your choice to return or not.

If you decide to return, make sure you make yourself a way to survive here easily because things here are harder than before.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by socialmediaman: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Olabestonic001(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
but it is so boring.

It depends...

(a) If you're just hustling to survive in the US and your family (e.g. wife, parents, siblings etc) is not there and you have skills/jobs that can pay you at least 500k in Nigeria, moving back might be better. In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, your mental health will come next after survival. With 500k, you'll always survive in Nigeria, and you can always be with your family. I perceive that 500k in Nigeria will give you a similar power purchase of $75k yearly in the US. With missing your family, friends etc, the conversion rate doesn't matter that much.

(b) If you are doing great work that is sponsoring your working visa in the US, you might want to have international experience and think of marriage with someone that you can bond with (Nigerian, American etc.) or bring one of your siblings that you can bond with over (if your Visa is that powerful). After getting your US Green Card/Citizenship, you might still move back to Nigeria (if you want) and evolve your own brand/career.

I understand most people that think everything is great about japaing. Some are struggling economically, and their best bet is to 'japa'; others are falling for the bandwagon effect ('me-too wan do am'), yet others want the experience of living abroad. What they fail to know is that:

- You spend much of your money on living costs (tax, house rent, insurance, health, car, etc.)
- The communal life is not here (everyone is running around to survive), and this can induce depression
- The weather can be very wicked, and natural disasters are common in some cities ( think the US and New Zealand)
- Marriage is under threat here, and depending on your values, you might be affected
- Depending on your family setting, the Black man tax can set in easily because there is a legend of some trees dispensing cash in Abroad. In Nigeria, even if you make more money than Abroad, that expectation is low.

I hope you look at your dynamics and make the right decision.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Nelsononu: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
Olabestonic001:

It depends...

(a) If you're just hustling to survive in the US and your family (e.g. wife, parents, siblings etc) is not there and you have skills/jobs that can pay you at least 500k in Nigeria, moving back might be better. In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, your mental health will come next after survival. With 500k, you'll always survive in Nigeria, and you can always be with your family. I perceive that 500k in Nigeria will give you a similar power purchase of $75k yearly in the US. With missing your family, friends etc, the conversion rate doesn't matter that much.

(b) If you are doing great work that is sponsoring your working visa in the US, you might want to have international experience and think of marriage with someone that you can bond with (Nigerian, American etc.) or bring one of your siblings that you can bond with over (if your Visa is that powerful). After getting your US Green Card/Citizenship, you might still move back to Nigeria (if you want) and evolve your own brand/career.

I understand most people that think everything is great about japaing. Some are struggling economically, and their best bet is to 'japa'; others are falling for the bandwagon effect ('me-too wan do am'), yet others want the experience of living abroad. What they fail to know is that:

- You spend much of your money on living costs (tax, house rent, insurance, health, car, etc.)
- The communal life is not here (everyone is running around to survive), and this can induce depression
- The weather can be very wicked, and natural disasters are common in some cities ( think the US and New Zealand)
- Marriage is under threat here, and depending on your values, you might be affected
- Depending on your family setting, the Black man tax can set in easily because there is a legend of some trees dispensing cash in Abroad. In Nigeria, even if you make more money than Abroad, that expectation is low.

my brother it's well
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by ovieigho(m): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
USA

You sure say village people never Dey use remote control you ??🤣
Do you have your documents?

By the way if u are legal in usa , there is nothing stopping you to go visit your family and friends in Nigeria and come back …

On the other view , maybe you are still struggling to get your papers and u feel weak and frustrated already, bro hang on !! If you get your paper u go know how sweet usa is

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2023
Its because you lack experience of what is going on.
For your information:
1. I travelled to any part of the country i wish to atleast 4 every year including Nigeria
2. I have one of the best job cashing in $120,000 + in W2
3. I just got approval for my own company by state government yesterday.
There is no place like Nigeria.
ovieigho:

You sure say village people never Dey use remote control you ??🤣
Do you have your documents?

By the way if u are legal in usa , there is nothing stopping you to go visit your family and friends in Nigeria and come back …

On the other view , maybe you are still struggling to get your papers and u feel weak and frustrated already, bro hang on !! If you get your paper u go know how sweet usa is
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
Thank you, I have a business in Nigeria with steady income.
didroon43:

It is your choice to return or not.

If you decide to return, make sure you make yourself a way to survive here easily because things here are harder than before.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
nothing like being around your own people
ucheheart:
my guy, just remain there, Nigeria is getting worst by the day. soon you will get over the things you see as problems over there. just a little patience and you will be good.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2023
money is not problem.
helinues:
Bro think am well oo.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
but it is so boring.

Return to Nigeria Osiso! Catch the next flight bro!

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by ovieigho(m): 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
For your information:
1. I travelled to any part of the country i wish to atleast 4 every year including Nigeria

Go visit 🤣🤣🤣
A lot of places better than home …

Anyway if you have all the aforementioned achievements you shouldn’t be considering relocating because of friends
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by gaby(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2023
Attention-seekers.

We don know say you dey YouHessHeyyy.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
helinues:
Bro think am well oo.

Its a personal decision though, he may be happier in Nigeria. He can avoid expensive cities and go live in the suburb to save cost.

The only thing i miss for Nigeria na Ewa Agonyin iya Akufi and akara elepo with peeping dry peppers.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by SIRTee15: 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
For your information:

Except u have a steady income that can fetch u 1 million per month in naija, relocating home is a stupid decision.
To maintain the quality of life u used to in the USA is expensive in naija. I'm not even talking of living in lekki or banana island.
Just a decent good quality of life. Services u take for granted in USA, getting them here in naija will sap your money and strength.
For your savings to go a long way, u will have to live like a lower middle class in naija.

For example, u can't send your kid to a private school that offers same quality of education in USA - we talking of millions of naira per term. U will end up with those 75 thousand manageable schools.
New car is out of it completely, welcome back to tokunbo.
Make sure u build a house b4 coming, they are cheaper here.
Make sure u healthy b4 coming back, don't even think of it if u battling one ailment.
U will have to invest heavily in quality internet service to be able to enjoy similar quality here in naija and it's not cheap- likely 35-50k per month.
If u not prepared all those nostalgia of family and friends will disappear within a year of coming back and u won't have a choice than to run back. Even dem no go send once dollar finish...olowo laye mo.
A lot of abroad returnee who all came back to promote Africa on YouTube all ran back when dollar finished and YouTube no pay as they had hoped.
Africa still has a long way to go regarding economic opportunity.

Best bet is do what lots of Nigerians in UK are beginning to do. Have a steady income generating business in naija, come around regularly to monitor things- like spend 4-6 months in naija, then return to UK to reload. That's what most low income earner in UK do nowadays to sustain their life in both sides of the world.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by didroon43: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
Thank you, I have a business in Nigeria with steady income.

Oh that's great!

You should register the business with CAC to get it more viable and standardized.

You can check below for my number.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
Olabestonic001:

It depends...

Most sensible comment. Hungry desperate people won't relate with what you wrote.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Meteng: 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
No try am oo. I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by Christipsy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Your village ppl are really pressing botin on ur head from very far away place....better locate one church there for deliverance b4 it will be to late...
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
Thank you,
I cruises to Bahamas and caribbeans at least 3 times in a year and make sure i visit Naija for a whole month.
but i tell you,the feelings is not the same.

But thank you.

ovieigho:

Go visit 🤣🤣🤣
A lot of places better than home …

Anyway if you have all the aforementioned achievements you shouldn’t be considering relocating because of friends
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
shut the Bleep up. that is why you are unable to make it where you are
If i even stopped working i get paid from my investment.
Mr church you need deliverance
Christipsy:
Your village ppl are really pressing botin on ur head from very far away place....better locate one church there for deliverance b4 it will be to late...
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
Thank you my businesses are registered

didroon43:

Oh that's great!

You should register the business with CAC to get it more viable and standardized.

You can check below for my number.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Naija by overseasnbeyond: 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
You don't have to comment, be mad with your own destiny
gaby:
Attention-seekers.

We don know say you dey YouHessHeyyy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Attacking Obi Or We Fight You… — Nwoye Warns Soludo At Town Hall Meeting / President Jonathan Has 133 Aides / What Do Y'all Think About The Lady Who Bared Her Boobs At UNIPORT Cultural Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.