Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) (85483 Views)

10% Of Moms Aren't Sure Who Fathered Their Babies - UK Poll / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by EDOLUWA: 8:49am On Apr 29, 2023
Eriokanmi:
This is small, compared to what a man told me he gave birth to, some years back while in the US. He left for America in his early 20s. On getting to US, he refused to go to school and joined a group in the aurora area of Chicago. According to him, he was always worried as some married women would stay with their husbands without a child. One day, he found his way into a married woman and they became friends. She got her pregnant. The husband was so happy, thinking it was his effort. The woman introduced this man to her friend, and he kept impregnating them. Before doing this, they'd both enter into an agreement that, he'd not claim the child. Once pregnancy was confirmed, he'd be paid off.

He left for another state and continued. According to him, women kept coming. Some had 2-3 kids through him. He said he kept seeing his children left, right and centre but couldn't claim them. He said they were more than 700 in different states he lived. He was in his 60s when I met this man at the Canadian embassy at anifowoshe, off kofo abayomi, about 18 years ago. He had repented from his nasty way of life. He also came for his visa. He was a pastor of a church who was going on a mission trip to Canada. He said he gave his life to Christ and stopped the act.

Are you joking?
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by maasoap(m): 8:50am On Apr 29, 2023
Draslo:

Incest is what populated the planet. There is a chance you've slept with someone you're related to. If religion tells us that we all come from Adam and Eve, and science says we evolved from lower humanoid species, then incest is more common than you think. Take it or leave it.

That would be a very distant relative unlike this one which can be kids from the same father or from the same grandad. God forbids if they get married and having kids. That could cause genetic issues

1 Like

Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by enomakos(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2023
Waoh
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Uncleodi(m): 8:55am On Apr 29, 2023
JOemmy:
There's a high possibility of some of those 550 kids meeting and marrying themselves in the future.

This is exactly what the court is trying to avoid because there could be undiagnosed genetic diseases which will spring up if they marry each other! Just like incest.

2 Likes

Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by crystalpapers(m): 8:58am On Apr 29, 2023
Agba donor grin grin. Father of many nations cheesy cheesy
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Comelysync: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I no understand.... that one too na crime?
it's not a crime, but they are trying to protect the children from inbreeding and incest, which can lead to so many health issues to their offsprings.. The man is just using his sperm to cash out ni jare.

1 Like

Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by smiliyB(f): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2023
JOemmy:
There's a high possibility of some of those 550 kids meeting and marrying themselves in the future.
Exactly! That's why the court is stopping him from donating further
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by smiliyB(f): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2023
Comelysync:
it's not a crime, but they are trying to protect the children from inbreeding and incest, which can lead to so many health issues to their offsprings.. The man is just using his sperm to cash out ni jare.
Thank you! I don't know how people think sha
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 9:28am On Apr 29, 2023
EDOLUWA:

Are you joking?
No. He's now a pastor, an old man
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2023
Thegamingorca:

An American needing visa grin all your story nah just lie
Where did I say he's an American? Did you read my post at all?

He's a Nigerian, travelled to america to school in the 80s but never went to school rather he joined a bad group. He came back home later. He wanted to go to Canada for a mission work so we met at the Canadian embassy...he was just advising us. We were discussing generally while on queue. The security had not yet called us in so the man shared hus experience.
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Kukutenla: 9:46am On Apr 29, 2023
LadyExcellency:
Is it a crime to aspire to be like Abraham?
Abraham had only two sons
You should be talking of Jacob or Solomon
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I no understand.... that one too na crime?
yes it is. The next generation will suffer it because when kids begin to marry themselves not knowing they re siblings, their kids will begin to have genetic mutations which could in itself become a pandemic.
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Sluacoast(m): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2023
When too much of something becomes an havoc. How can only you have all this children
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by sonofElElyon: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2023
geoworldedu:
Meaning that God was first ignorance of the side effect of incest when he started it and ignorantly killed Onan for refusing incest?

There you go again with your ignorance.. Onan's matter had nothing to do with incest.. it was his late brother's wife and not his sister.. also he was killed by God because he spilled his seed outside her.. he actually slept with her but didn't want to raise children by her... he wanted free sex but no responsibility...

Marriage within the family was the only way in the beginning to procreate and there were no medical side effects of inbreeding then.. when God made it unlawful and a sin He put the side effects as deterrent...
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by gaspology(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2023
Father Abraham grin
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Offpointng: 10:46am On Apr 29, 2023
zombieHUNTER:

You don't know that buying an election is a crime too...
you have always known nothing

grin grin
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by OdefaGirl(f): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2023
Draslo:
A feminist that requires a child without strings (marriage) to a man but still needs a man for his sperm is challenging the man for doing exactly what she needed the most so others like her won't find their comfort.

If I understand women make I bend.

So what your tiny brain could process is that the hundreds of families that he donated to are all feminists?

Na waa ooo, e get as una dey take reason for this side of the world
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Farrason: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
JOemmy:

Very possible as well as few of them getting to know about this and reach out to the others from the respective families to leave and unite with them. The families they left will be devastated for a child to leave after 22 years of being nortured.
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by HRprof: 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
jetwonder:
grin
Let begins sperm donations in Nigeria
A lucrative business!
Is already here , instead of wasting your Sperm to hock up girls donate it to make money
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Chinny024(f): 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
jetwonder:
grin
A lucrative business!

The one you guys are donating to ur girl friends nko?🤣🤣🤣🤣

Donation is Donation my brother.

1 Like

Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Jossibest(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
Nothing way we no dey hear
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by adanny01(m): 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2023
LibertyRep:
I think his offence is not disclosing how many kids he has fathered.
Aside that, the man was just trying to help humanity.

Go Yee and reproduce.

550, there is a very high likelihood that children he fathered could meet and marry thereby birthing a product of incest. We all know the risk.
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
jetwonder:
grin
A lucrative business!
Hmmmm ! Abomination angry angry angry
After getting married and having children , you go later on descover say na your Sister you dey Nack angry

1 Like

Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Babaken(m): 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
The guy most be very handsome.
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Kukutenla: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
asatemple:
What a job!
You have nice pesky boobs
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Prettychild(f): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
WriterNig:

Dutch judges have ordered a man suspected of fathering more than 550 children through sperm donations to stop donating, in the latest fertility scandal to shock the Netherlands.

The man, identified in Dutch media only as Jonathan M, 41, was taken to court by a foundation protecting the rights of donor children and by the mother of one of the children allegedly fathered from his sperm.

Dutch clinical guidelines say a donor should not father more than 25 children in 12 families, but judges said the man had helped produce between 550 and 600 children since he started donating sperm in 2007.

The court therefore “prohibits the defendant from donating his semen to new prospective parents after the issuing of this judgment”, judge Thera Hesselink said on Friday.

Jonathan M may also not contact any prospective parents “with the wish that he was willing to donate semen … advertise his services to prospective parents or join any organisation that establishes contact between prospective parents”, Hesselink said in a written judgment.

Should he continue with his donations, he would face a €100,000 (£88,000) fine for each transgression, as well as additional fines, the judge ordered.

The mother of one of the children in the court case, identified only as “Eva”, said she was grateful that the court had stopped the man from “mass donations that [have] spread like wildfire to other countries”.

“I’m asking the donor to respect our interests and to accept the verdict, because our children deserve to be left alone,” she said in a statement.

More than 100 of Jonathan M’s children were born in Dutch clinics and others privately, but he also donated to a Danish clinic – named as Cryos in court papers – which then dispatched his semen to private addresses in various countries.

“The donor deliberately misinformed prospective parents about the number of children he had already fathered in the past,” the district court in The Hague said.

“All these parents are now confronted with the fact that the children in their family are part of a huge kinship network, with hundreds of half-siblings, which they did not choose,” it said.

The court considered it “sufficiently plausible” that this has or could have negative psychosocial consequences for the children.

This included psychological problems around identity and fears of incest.

God forbid! This one don cause confusion for the next generation. That’s how people would marry without knowing that the person is his half sibling. Please God let this not come into Africa
Re: Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) by Joecap(m): 6:35am On May 01, 2023
Don't mind him

How?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years / Lady Announced Her Sister Was Missing But She Was Busy In The Bedroom With Men / Married Woman Poses With Both Her Husband And French Lover (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.